Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. (5427 Views)

In Kumala, Army Kills Boko Haram Members & Recover Weapons (photos) / Nigerian Army Kills Boko Haram Members, Rescues 210 Hostages (Graphic Photos) / 8 Boko-Haram Members Captured In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by Rhino4dm: 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
[size=18pt]Army kills 8 Boko Haram members in Kano raid.[/size]

Army kills 8 Boko Haram members in Kano raid
On February 7, 2012 · In News
Tweet

KANO (AFP) – Nigeria’s military has killed eight suspected members of Islamist group Boko Haram in a raid on an alleged hideout that sparked a five-hour shootout, an army source said Tuesday.

The Monday evening raid on the outskirts of Nigeria’s second city of Kano was carried out as gunmen believed to be Boko Haram members bombed a police station in another city neighbourhood, where they also shot an officer in the leg.

“The military succeeded in killing eight gunmen, arrested five others and discovered five high-calibre bombs and 15 other low-calibre bombs. All these are homemade,” said the military source, who requested anonymity.

Residents who visited the alleged Boko Haram hideout in Kano’s Mariri neighbourhood told AFP that parts of the floor were blood-stained.

The military source added that some members of the shadowy group escaped during the raid and that security forces found a large cache of guns and ammunition inside.

“The first indications are that this is an armory for the sect,” he said.

Security forces have faced mounting pressure to crack down on the group, which has said it wants to create an Islamic state across Nigeria’s deeply impoverished, mainly Muslim north.

Previous claims of raids on alleged Boko Haram hideouts have so far however done little to stop attacks attributed to the group.

Boko Haram’s insurgency has included both small and large-scale attacks, which have mainly targeted the police and other symbols of authority.

The group has claimed assaults that have killed more than 200 people already this year, including a sophisticated series of gun and bomb attacks in Kano on January 20 that claimed at least 185 lives — its deadliest attack yet.

In the northeastern city of Maiduguri, seen as Boko Haram’s base, residents reported a series of blasts at a market on Monday evening that set fire to several vehicles and shops.

The military confirmed the explosions at the market but declined to give details.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/army-kills-8-boko-haram-members-in-kano-raid/
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by Funkymallam(m): 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
Just d begining. Their end is soooo near.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by chosen04(f): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2012
Funkymallam:

Just d begining. Their end is soooo near.

niGERia army can lie!!!!!!!
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by 13volts(m): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2012
The people of kano will never allow boko haram to have a strong presence in the city. They boko haram believe that if they capture kano as they did yobe and maiduguri then the whole core north will fall to them.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2012
Well Good News

but i still dont trust the army with the information they give these journalist.

The same army that was chasing journalist away from the bomb blast scenes in Kaduna a few hours ago to keep the casualty figures secret.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by jmaine: 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2012
chosen04:

niGERia army can lie!!!!!!!

And Who are you
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by Ranoscky(m): 9:23am On Feb 08, 2012
Hmm. . . Na which one we go believe now? Infact, am not subscribin to this.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by 13volts(m): 9:25am On Feb 08, 2012
he is a lunatic fueled with anti north anti muslin sentiments and hate. He only wants to hear horrible news, not wishing to hear any setback against the set.
Am afraid this goes to many on nairaland.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by mkmyers45(m): 9:26am On Feb 08, 2012
I dont think they are telling the truth, just giving figures so people will be impressed.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by 13volts(m): 9:30am On Feb 08, 2012
@ Ranoscky and Mkmayers45. You guys don't need to believe it becoz it does not suit your taste for blood. Ethnic bigots.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by Konjour(m): 9:36am On Feb 08, 2012
jmaine:

And Who are you

grin Good question. People chastise the army for being inactive,then we get wind

of something being done in the least and the same bandwagon jumpers would be

among the first to throw stones at the army for "lying" without being there to

certify if it was true or not. Pathetic people.  shocked
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by toysmall: 10:14am On Feb 08, 2012
Pathetic people, oh my god!
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by Iolo(m): 10:14am On Feb 08, 2012
Sometimes we Nigerians act retarded. Army kills 8 bk members and its a lie. Army kills 0 bk members and they are a lazy bunch of soldiers that let the terrorists escape. Which one is it? You can distrust good news and expect good performance @ the same time.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by teskyg: 10:22am On Feb 08, 2012
Kill dose blood thirsty goats and shame Buhari,Atiku and all Northern allies wanting to pull down GEJ.it is sad news to some people thoug
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by arewatech(m): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2012
Those saying its a lie, Sharrap!! What do you want to here?? Enemies of progress. North would be peaceful again Insha Allah.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by iykak47: 11:53am On Feb 08, 2012
Iolo:

Sometimes we Nigerians act slow. Army kills 8 bk members and its a lie. Army kills 0 bk members and they are a lazy bunch of soldiers that let the terrorists escape. Which one is it? You can distrust good news and expect good performance @ the same time.
Don't you know that some people really want boko haram to continue their nefarious activities, but by the grace of God they must fail. If the soldiers are lying let them tell us the true story of what happened in Kano.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by mamagee3(f): 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2012
I would have to watch a video of the so-called raid before I believe this story.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by DaRapture: 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2012
mama-gee:

I would have to watch a video of the so-called raid before I believe this story.

I believe the figures and acts given, but I have to agree with the point you've made about wanting to see actual footage of the raid. You can go on to youtube or LiveLeak and see footage of nearly every single battle American and British soldiers were in in Iraq and Afghanistan, and many of the police and FBI raids taken place here in the US and many other places.

It's very common practice now for at least one soldier or officer involved in a heavy raid or battle of some sort, to film parts of the events, and most certainly to obtain aftermath footage, to present to the public. It'll be nice if some Nigerian soldiers and Police officers would begin to take it upon themselves to film thes incidents with there Cell Phones or other small devices and post them online, or at least present them to the New Agencies to air.
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by Ranoscky(m): 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2012
@13volt, cos i said i wont subscribe to the story, that made me an "ethnic bigot", right?

Wel, free world, man. Wharreva makes u cumm!
Re: Army Kills 8 Boko Haram Members In Kano Raid. by Arupu: 10:34am On Feb 09, 2012
Not so near but has come to an END

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Defeated The Maitatsine Islamic Sect - New York Times 1984 Article / ELECTIONS 2015: Ogun INEC Takes Delivery Of Additional 170,000 Pvcs / Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.