Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. (9115 Views)

My Neighbour Has Been Crying Since Thursday, Then I Decided To Help Him(photo) / Man Sues Wife For Being Ugly, Wins Lawsuit / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chikeorji123(m): 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
Hi my fellow N/L please l really need ur asistance oh! sorry l'm mean ur opinion on this serious matter.Na my mother oo! l really like to make her happy but not on the area of chosen a wife! for me,though they do say mother wants the best for her children but l feel to handle this by my self.Presently l have some female friends but not yet made up my mind which to chose,but she don't believe l can find a good wife and decided to handle unauthorized contract.Please how can l let her understanding that this my biz not hers b/c it's have turn the family into party of PDP and AC matter.chei na waa mother self. just ur advice b/c my dad support me while mother oppose it. what l'm watch on movie is befallen on me chei!.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by freecocoa(f): 11:02pm On Feb 07, 2012
What's there to do but to sit her down like a man you claim to be would do,tell her you wanna choose your wife yourself,give her reasons why too,except you don't have any.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 11:37pm On Feb 07, 2012
Simple matter! Never ever disrespect your mother. You dey hear me so? Look here. If she don arrange the girl, accept say you go assess am. Never you make her believe you will marry the girl. Then if true true you no like the girl, FIND a fault with her. Any fault will do. But it's on record that you "obeyed" your mother. When you don find fault, approach your mama with the fault and use reverse psychology on her. e.g. Tell your mama say you no want girl wey go disrespect am, as your mama wey she be. Once she knows you have her interest at heart, you've won her over! wink
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by MrsChima1(f): 11:49pm On Feb 07, 2012
Parents need to stay out of their adult children's business and let them make decisions on their own. Arranged marriages isn't always suitable for some couples and people should accept that.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by lifestyle1(m): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2012
chikeorji123:

Hi my fellow N/L please l really need ur asistance oh! sorry l'm mean ur opinion on this serious matter.Na my mother oo! l really like to make her happy but not on the area of chosen a wife! for me,though they do say mother wants the best for her children but l feel to handle this by my self.Presently l have some female friends but not yet made up my mind which to chose,but she don't believe l can find a good wife and decided to handle unauthorized contract.Please how can l let her understanding that this my biz not hers b/c it's have turn the family into party of PDP and AC matter.chei na waa mother self. just ur advice b/c my dad support me while mother oppose it. what l'm watch on movie is befallen on me chei!.

Give one of your gf belle then your mama go no say you be man. as i dey look things he be like say you no be man, if you be man prove am.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by doeeyed: 12:07am On Feb 08, 2012
@ Killz,
Quite the diplomat there.
And everyone remains happy too

, cept the unwanted chick I suppose.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by tpia5: 2:10am On Feb 08, 2012
Is the girl not the type you usually date, or what exactly dont you like about her.

imo, it depends on the qualities the girl has- just because your mum brought her doesnt automatically mean she should be disqualified.

If however you feel strongly about your mum interfering in your personal life then dont string the girl along and let her find her own man.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Connoisseur(m): 4:54am On Feb 08, 2012
You are lucky its just your mother, wait until your whole family (father, mother, sisters, uncles) joins the fray. Then you go hear am
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by snthesis(m): 8:11am On Feb 08, 2012
@op
lUCKY DUDE, UR MUMSY IS PIMPING FOR YOU grin grin grin,
TELL HER TO BRING DIFFERENT SAMPLES EACH WEEK, TILL SHE TIRE grin grin
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Tosinville(m): 8:20am On Feb 08, 2012
Most igbo women like this, man lol
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 08, 2012
Connoisseur:

You are lucky its just your mother, wait until your whole family (father, mother, sisters, uncles) joins the fray. Then you go hear am
grin
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Tosinville(m): 9:05am On Feb 08, 2012
^O ga o! but how can a mother be the one to find a wife probably from the village for her grown up man?lol, dis ppl wan turn am culture 4 dia own side.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2012
doe-eyed:

@ Killz,
Quite the diplomat there.
And everyone remains happy too

, cept the unwanted chick I suppose.
Yeah! When dealing with a mother who is so strict pertaining marriage, you have to be diplomatic, else like the OP said, "you will turn the family into party of PDP and AC matter".

Now this is when it gets more interesting. Since it's the mother that brought the lady you eventually rejected, the onus lies on her to appease the lady! By the time she must have appeased 1, 2 or 3 ladies who you found fault(s) with, she'll understand and leave you to make your decision. When deciding on a lady to marry though, make sure it is a lady that has deep rooted respect for your mother. Else, if you renege on the agreement you had with your mother to get a wife who respects her, i'm sorry to say that even CPC will join the ensuing fracas! tongue tongue
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by kizito96(m): 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2012
I fell into the trap of mother wants the best for her son, and regret my marriage till today. Mothers base their argument on morality and the church thing. my brother go for compatibility not even love. Take the decision your self.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by ismhab(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2012
Since ur father is on ur own side, why not try poison her after that u can hook the one that u admired since she is dead.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by jpphilips(m): 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
bros, if you re still living off ur mum in anyway weda directly or indirect family support programme trust me, u re still and will remain a child in their eyes.
such opinion of dependence hardly make any sense to them.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Konnektions146(m): 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
~Killz~:

Yeah! When dealing with a mother who is so strict pertaining marriage, you have to be diplomatic, else like the OP said, "you will turn the family into party of PDP and AC matter".

Now this is when it gets more interesting. Since it's the mother that brought the lady you eventually rejected, the onus lies on her to appease the lady! By the time she must have appeased 1, 2 or 3 ladies who you found fault(s) with, she'll understand and leave you to make your decision. When deciding on a lady to marry though, make sure it is a lady that has deep rooted respect for your mother. Else, if you renege on the agreement you had with your mother to get a wife who respects her, i'm sorry to say that even CPC will join the ensuing fracas! tongue tongue

yu re on point, yur suggestions re just too good, mothers can be dificult and over protective with their male kids epecially if yu re the 1st or only son,
@Op, dont disrespect yur mum, take it easy and yu will win her over,
the i always advice is that if yu find out yur mum is a little protective, yu start on time and sing the song of the proposed lady into her ear so that wen she finally meets the lady, she will like her but in dis case, yu ve not made up ur mind yet,
thread nicely and keep yur family in peace but mind yu that  if yu marry a lady u dont love, yur marriage start crashin from de 1st day yu wedded.
get yur way around dis diplomatically and be happy as yu enjoy de benefit and as well de consequences(if any)

good luck

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by executinal(m): 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2012
This silly style of marriage is still in existence angry why will your mom interfere in choosing a woman for you?? na she go do the stuff for you, except they will finance your marriage and establish your family, if at that, she doesn't have the power to chose, abi you bi man rapper?? Guy tell the old woman to allow you chose your wife, no BI you and she go leave forever, abi na your mama go leave with am?? your dad should know better, if your mom were choosing for him through your grand mother. GUY BE MAN ENUFF angry angry
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by eemmason(m): 2:54pm On Feb 08, 2012
@killz, U're so on point, Any mama go buy that package.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Outstrip(f): 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
So he should lead the girl on just to please the mother. How about telling his mom to go play with her husband so he can find his own wife.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by eemmason(m): 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2012
@Strip it's a thing of fault finding and application of diplomacy just as killz iterated, No biggie dancing to her music just once till she's tired of singing,
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by maryannE3(f): 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
Follow ur heart
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by adventisty: 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2012
This thing is working!
My parent got my wife for me and we have been happily married for about 20years now. u know the secret behind it is out of the respect you both have for your parents you would not want them dissapointed hence you both resoolve issues as they arises in the home. It has really worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by chines4(m): 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2012
chikeorji123:

Hi my fellow N/L please l really need ur asistance oh! sorry l'm mean ur opinion on this serious matter.Na my mother oo! l really like to make her happy but not on the area of chosen a wife! for me,though they do say mother wants the best for her children but l feel to handle this by my self.Presently l have some female friends [/b]but [b]not yet made up my mind which to chose,but [b]she don't believe l can find a good wife [/b]and decided to handle unauthorized contract.Please how can l let her understanding that this my biz not hers b/c it's have turn the family into party of PDP and AC matter.chei na waa mother self. just ur advice b/c my dad support me while mother oppose it. what l'm watch on movie is befallen on me chei!.

What do u expect, multiple babes and u can't even make up u'r mind, definitly u'r above 30 going to 40, so u'r mum is doing the right thing. show u'r mum that u'r responsible and she will not mind who u marry,

I'm not in support of arranged marriage, but for guy as old as u are and don't have any serious girl friend, instead have some babes he is yet to make up his mind on who to be serious with. Drastic situation requires drastic approach. Mumsy pls carry on. you have my full support. Chike must marry before Easter by fire by force grin

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Konnektions146(m): 3:25pm On Feb 08, 2012
^^^
@advensity,
this is century 21, things dont work that way again, a lot has changed, we any issue comes up, de mother wil definitely be in the know cos she is behind de whole arrangement , come to think of it, if yu have problem, who will bear it? YU not yur mom, and its more difficult to bear something u were neva part of than wat yu started yurself.

maryann E:

Follow ur heart
its not about HEART now, its abt doing the right thing, being realistic and not sentimental cos u should know that guys always love dier mum just as yu see here that OP cant do much cos its his MUM thats involved, ladies find it easier ealin with their mum in matters of the heart dan guys,
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by slyopez(m): 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
adventisty:

This thing is working!
My parent got my wife for me and we have been happily married for about 20years now. u know the secret behind it is out of the respect you both have for your parents you would not want them dissapointed hence you both resoolve issues as they arises in the home. It has really worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet your marriage is mechanical and it will borne out of mere eye-service just to please the both parents. Seems the OP knows am in this now but i know how to handle my mum when its time.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by eemmason(m): 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2012
@Mariam wondered y ur heart isn't at the right side?? That's cuz it's not always right!
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Afam4eva(m): 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2012
In Igboland there are loads of arrangee marriage and most times it works out. Though i think that at this age people should be allowed to make their own choice of spouse. If they want to marry jezebel it's their cup of tea. The best their parents can do is to act in an advisory capacity.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Konnektions146(m): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2012
@afam,
we know in the 90s,80s dis kinda marriage works but now there re so many things goin wrong, societal, academic, religious and moral decadence, u cant even be sure of a lady u dated for years,
do u really have a relative statistics of broken marriages in the recent past?? its alarming, people that dated for years and think dey know demselves well separates let alone a total stranger,

nna mehn, o nwe kwa k`odi ooooo

@op,
wepu aka enwe n`ofe tupu oghoo aka mmadu
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2012
Outstrip:

So he should lead the girl on just to please the mother. How about telling his mom to go play with her husband so he can find his own wife.
It's obvious he has a deep sense of respect for his mom! He doesnt want to lose his mother's support over a wife issue and he doesnt want her to choose for him either! Telling her point blank and to the face "to go play with her husband" is not only rude, but insulting. Some guys are very close to their mothers and from personal experience, mothers do this out of love and are scared most times that they will lose their beloved son to a foreign lady, therefore, they endeavor to put up a diligent search of a wife for their son. A woman they - sometimes erroneously- believe is the "best" for their son. If you dont handle such matters with care, you'll lose your mothers affection and later in life, when you have a serious misunderstanding with the wife you chose, the wife you mother suggested comes to mind and you cant but wonder if you actually made a good choice of wife! You would have actually eliminated such feelings if in actuality, you checked out the girl mumsy suggested in the first place! Mind you, mothers too make a good choice, and they are by far, more experienced than us in matters of marriage. Even after marriage, we still go to them for advice, so i dont see it wrong if they suggest a wife for you. It's just that most times, we fit don go promise one kele say we go marry am, before momsy go scatter the runs. So the actual dilemma is how you will renege on a promise made, and your sense of pride. Most people believe they are old enough to make decisions. While that might be the case, i believe they should also be old enough to accept suggestions and weigh issues critically, from a different point of view. So in other to avoid "unnecessary" conflict, agree with her to later disagree!  wink
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Outstrip(f): 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2012
~Killz~:

It's obvious he has a deep sense of respect for his mom! He doesnt want to lose his mother's support over a wife issue and he doesnt want her to choose for him either! Telling her point blank and to the face "to go play with her husband" is not only rude, but insulting. Some guys are very close to their mothers and from personal experience, mothers do this out of love and are scared most times that they will lose their beloved son to a foreign lady, therefore, they endeavor to put up a diligent search of a wife for their son. A woman they - sometimes erroneously- believe is the "best" for their son. If you dont handle such matters with care, you'll lose your mothers affection and later in life, when you have a serious misunderstanding with the wife you chose, the wife you mother suggested comes to mind and you cant but wonder if you actually made a good choice of wife! You would have actually eliminated such feelings if in actuality, you checked out the girl mumsy suggested in the first place! Mind you, mothers too make a good choice, and they are by far, more experienced than us in matters of marriage. Even after marriage, we still go to them for advice, so i dont see it wrong if they suggest a wife for you. It's just that most times, we fit don go promise one kele say we go marry am, before momsy go scatter the runs. So the actual dilemma is how you will renege on a promise made, and your sense of pride. Most people believe they are old enough to make decisions. While that might be the case, i believe they should also be old enough to accept suggestions and weigh issues critically, from a different point of view. So in other to avoid "unnecessary" conflict, agree with her to later disagree!  wink

It doesn't have anything to do with respect for his mother. Have you thought about the embarassment for the girl. we are not talking about the US here were people are not desperate to marry. Imagine someones mother finds a "wife" for him. He leads both mother and girl on. Both families start to call each other in laws and then he does not want the relationship anymore. I just think it is selfish. His mom is still a human being and should learn to understand that no is no. There is nothing diplomatic about hurting someone all the name of keeping mom happy.
Re: When A Mother Decided To Find A Wife For Her Son. by Killz3(m): 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2012
Outstrip:

It doesn't have anything to do with respect for his mother. Have you thought about the embarassment for the girl. we are not talking about the US here were people are not desperate to marry. Imagine someones mother finds a "wife" for him. He leads both mother and girl on. Both families start to call each other in laws and then he does not want the relationship anymore. I just think it is selfish. His mom is still a human being and should learn to understand that no is no. There is nothing diplomatic about hurting someone all the name of keeping mom happy.
We are talking of finding a wife. Finding a wife does not translate in to "marrying" her! My mother can suggest a girl to me without letting the girl know! It is wrong if she goes and starts making marriage arrangements without due consultation. I think the bone of contention here is who should do the finding? Where selfishness comes in is if after she suggested her to me, i then promise marriage to the lady and arrangements kick starts. I am yet to ask her hand in marriage, i'm yet to be committed to her, it's just like the relationship i have with any other girl, it's just that "mumsy "suggested her. Like i said in my first comment, if i date her and really find nothing wrong, i could give it a go! If after trying and it wont work out, i find a fault or make one up, but my mom knows at least i tried. . .

BTW OP is yet to make up his mind. So momsy wants to handle the contract of "finding". . . It's very very easy for him to ask his mom to back off. But he wants her to "understand". If he'd wanted to damn the consequences, i dont think it's hard to say NO!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Sleeping With Our Pastor – Lagos Wife / Wish 5 Romanacelander A Happy New Month/happy New Year / ‘my T0t0 Will Not Rest Until I Buy Iphone 11’ – Slay Queen Swears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.