Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,550 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi (2849 Views)

No Player Can Afford To Bribe Me For A Place In Super Eagles –keshi / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by supereagle(m): 3:23am On Feb 08, 2012
Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, on Tuesday placed a ban on European trials by Super Eagles players, saying the development was disrupting the building of a strong home-based national team.

Addressing the players on Tuesday, Keshi said he was frustrated by players strolling in and out of camp on the excuse of embarking on trials in Europe and other parts of the world.

The former Eagles captain thereafter asked players who planned to have trials with foreign clubs in the next 60 days to leave the camp, in order to allow him invite replacements for them.

“I have a programme to build a good team at home that can compete with any national team in the world but I’m distracted every time players walk up to me to ask for permission to travel; that has to stop from now on,” Keshi said.

“Those who want to travel can come and I will pray for them, it’s no quarrel but we are at a crucial bend now and I can no longer tolerate it.”

http://www.punchng.com/sports/no-more-europe-trials-for-eagles-keshi/
Keshi, who had successful playing time with European clubs, told the players that Europe was too cold at the moment for any meaningful trials.

The coach said he felt insulted seeing the country’s national team players embark on trials with clubs in unknown leagues in the world, adding that most times these players return without success and still expect to be recalled to the national team.

He said, “If we train players here and they make the national team, such players don’t need trials in Europe to be engaged by top clubs. So why are we in a hurry?”

He told the players the story of Ghanaian legend, Abedi Pele, who went on trials with a club in France and was unsuccessful, but was trailed back to Ghana by another club that saw him play in a trial game.

“If you are good enough, clubs in Europe will come down here to sign you, instead of you exposing yourself to unnecessary health risks over there. I can beat my chest to say I know what the standards are in Europe because I have played there. If I tell any manager that a particular player is good, such a player will be signed on because they know my pedigree,” Keshi added.

According to Super Eagles Media Officer, Ben Alaiya, the likes of Chibuzor Okonkwo, Jude Aneke, Obinna Nwachukwu and Kalu Uche all went for unsuccessful trials with European clubs during the last camping session of the national team.
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by dominique(f): 10:36am On Feb 08, 2012
He does have a point. Anyone that wants a place in the national team should earn it. Hope the players won't try to oust him like they did to siasia (i still believe they delibrately lost the afcon ticket), cos the last thing they want is a principled coach.
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by safarigirl(f): 10:56am On Feb 08, 2012
The guy is right, if you're good, you don't need to go for those trials, they'll find you. Ǡŋ₫ what better platform to display ♈ōU̶̲̥̅̊я skills than in international competitions? The scouts are always watching for the next big thing,Ŝ☺ players should put in their ÄŁĻ for their national teams first
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by mkmyers45(m): 10:59am On Feb 08, 2012
safarigirl:

The guy is right, if you're good, you don't need to go for those trials, they'll find you. Ǡŋ₫ what better platform to display ♈ōU̶̲̥̅̊я skills than in international competitions? The scouts are always watching for the next big thing,Ŝ☺ players should put in their ÄŁĻ for their national teams first

Na truth u talk oooo, if Nigerian was at afcon they will have been noticed by the many many scouts there
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by Lexusgs430: 11:14am On Feb 08, 2012
Did he go for Europe trials ? If they get better offers abroad, make hin take rope tie their neck 4 Nigeria suffer- head !!!!
See his head like Geisha !!!!!
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by Afam4eva(m): 11:16am On Feb 08, 2012
Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is a principled coach and that is what we need in our football. It's either the players are in or out. That's their choice to make.
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by ogbongzky(m): 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Did he go for Europe trials ? If they get better offers abroad, make hin take rope tie their neck 4 Nigeria suffer- head !!!!

Lol, how geisha head be? grin
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by stagger: 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2012
Lexusgs430:

My friend keep quiet!

AA Genk of Belgium came on a playing tour of Nigeria in 1985, where they played NNB (where Keshi played) and Leventis United. The club lost all their games and were surprised at the quality of the players in the Nigerian league. Few weeks later, they offered Keshi and a host of other players playing contracts and that was when the exodus began.

Keshi did not need to go for trials, because just like he said, the clubs came here, saw the players and took those who were good enough.

I keep saying it. If you know you were too young or were not born in the 70s and 80s to know the history of events in that period, do not open your mouth to say what you do not know.
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by gempo(m): 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
I agree with him. But Nigerian players are not patient at all. They won begin chop pounds and euros as quickly as people.
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by beeke(m): 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2012
stagger:

My friend keep quiet!

AA Genk of Belgium came on a playing tour of Nigeria in 1985, where they played NNB (where Keshi played) and Leventis United. The club lost all their games and were surprised at the quality of the players in the Nigerian league. Few weeks later, they offered Keshi and a host of other players playing contracts and that was when the exodus began.

Keshi did not need to go for trials, because just like he said, the clubs came here, saw the players and took those who were good enough.

I keep saying it. If you know you were too young or were not born in the 70s and 80s to know the history of events in that period, do not open your mouth to say what you do not know.
LOL, You just reminded me of a comrade who used to held his ears when ever he makes d same statement
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by Basics007: 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Guy you make sense. So they should stay in Naija earnin chicken change(which may not even be paid on time/forever) while less talented ones earn forex overseas. The reality is that scouts rarely come to Naija anymore. The insecurity and rapid fall in Naija's football fortune ensured that. If a player doesnt go abroad for trial he'll get old waitin for scouts and by then he will be unattractive to european clubs. And remember it's u same guys that'll be accusing them of falsifying their age
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Nice one.
Coming from a man who played only two games for Nigeria (opening game vs Kenya and final vs Cameroun)at Maroc 88 because he was a foreign-based pro at Anderlecht and had to divide his time between his club and the National team at an on-going competition reeks of being a bad example and asking players to do what you say only.
Stinking hypocrite
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by 5p1naz(m): 12:44am On Feb 09, 2012
StarBoard:

Nice one.
Coming from a man who played only two games for Nigeria (opening game vs Kenya and final vs Cameroun)at Maroc 88 because he was a foreign-based pro at Anderlecht and had to divide his time between his club and the National team at an on-going competition reeks of being a bad example and asking players to do what you say only.
Stinking hypocrite

sometimes some decisions you make in the past end up not been the best and it takes time for you to realise it whilst you grow up. maybe he did realise it and that is why he is trying to help the younger once make the correct choices,
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by Nobody: 2:09am On Feb 09, 2012
5p1naz:

sometimes some decisions you make in the past end up not been the best and it takes time for you to realise it whilst you grow up. maybe he did realise it and that is why he is trying to help the younger once make the correct choices,
Keshi was the biggest rebel in the history of the Green/Super Eagles.
Even he surely can't be laying the law for these present-day eagles, can he,given his past disciplinary issues?
It's amazing when a sure fire outlaw turns sheriff years later,and we all think he's been transformed.
Re: No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi by hannie: 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2012
@Starboard

I agree with u about Keshi being the hypocrite most people dont know . . .

but have u given this a thought: this move by Keshi should make for a more robust Eagles squad

my fear is: can we compare that time when teams scouted players here or even came for playing tours with this time in our national lives?

do u know that a few key members agreed with the new policy? Jude and Agbim?

so many questions begging for answers!

(1) (Reply)

Fixed Soccer Matches - Get It Now / Boombet / Manchester United Players Salaries Per Week Converted To Naira(₦)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.