Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,164 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Lagos In 2020: Must See - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos In 2020: Must See (5352 Views)

Igbo Man's Tomato Company In Lagos In Trouble, Moving To Sokoto. Lol / Pictures Of New Lagos In 2020 / Nigeria's Population Now 168m, Hits 221m In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos In 2020: Must See by Mamajama(m): 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2007
This was sent to me by someone who believes it is HILARIOUS INDEED. I do not share this view. It is achievable IF our politicians stop siphoning, or cause to be siphoned, our human and natural resources overseas. I firmly believe a messiah shall soon come who will stop this avarice. The west did not get this developed by raping their resources. To attain this before 2020, we must write a workable federal constitution, enact laws that will make corruption by elected and even private citizens a capital offence (No immunity to anybody), establish Nigeria Institute of Infrastructure Development fully funded with 60% of our budget and charged with building the country's infrastructure, change our fiscal policy and abrogate our revenue allocation system and most of all re-orient our mindset. H ave given thought to the fact that Nigeria is practicing a unitary system of government under the pretext of democracy? Why must every business in Nigeria be transacted in Abuja? Why is it that each does not have its own constitution? Why can't the governors be required to give full account of what they do with state allocations? If these state cannot point at infrastructural development, can they boast of social services they do provide? To who? The bottom line is that we are preparing the youths for a revolution. We cab delay it but we cannot avoid it.

Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Mamajama(m): 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2007
MORE PICS of OUR LAGOS in 2020

Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Mamajama(m): 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2007
Stop dreaming,
grin
tongue
grin
embarassed
get back to work
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Kaestro(m): 2:05pm On Oct 17, 2007
I'd imagine you risk loosing your job by keeping someone like me entertained.lol
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2007
nice pics but we must work very very hard to achieve that
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Mamajama(m): 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2007
We are working hard by stealing and using all the money for renovations, lol

DAVID MARK, ETTEH and more to come.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by vigasimple(m): 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2007
To Mamajama and all other well meaning Nigerians may our dreams comes through in a miraculous way.

Unless we work extremely hard, even miracules may be hard to pull off. If you can read my 2020 Vision which I did a thread on sometimes back.

To me the politicians especially Yar Adua et all are just sound biting.

If they know what it entails to be in the top 20 economy by the year 2020 maybe they will just work for it silently and stop all mouth no trouser.

I still believe that if we continue the way we are now, we are only go to achieve N20 N20  naira police vision, where the police simply collect N20 bribe multiply by two from the motorists.

Firstly, even the present 20 largest economy will not wait and stand still for us to catch up with them and overtake them, they will continue to improve. They also have the benefits of having started and being among the 20 economies of the world already.

FOR THE RECORDS THE LIST

G8 countries.  1. US, Japan, Germany France, UK,  Italy, Canada and RUssia

Plus another 11-    1.Argentina,  2. Australia 3.Brazil 4. China 5.India 6. Indonesia 7.Korea
                              8.Mexico  9. saudi Arabia  10. South Africa.  11. Turkey

(THIS LISTS IS JUST IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER NOT BY THEIR STRENGHT)

Plus EU Presidency from time to time (EVery 6 months- the rest of the EU was to form the 20th Economies of the World)

There is another lists called the G20 or G21 of Developing nations, it may this is what  our leaders are really realistically going to settle for. The bad news for them is that we are already on that lists.

Going back to Mamajama dream of those wonderful bridges etc, it is more than possible even in 13 years time if a massive NATIONAL PLANNING AGENDA is commenced today, now not tommorrow. Where there is a will there is a way. If you can dream it and imagine it, it can be achieved.

Let us go for it with all our might and God given wisdom. I assure you,  not  a single Nigeria will need to be abroad unless he choose to.

THE BAD NEWS IS THAT WE DON'T EVEN HAVE POWER IN ANY SCALE THAT WILL ALLOW US TO RUN HOMES NOT TO TALK OF LARGE SCALE OR GIGANTIC INDUSTRIES. WE ARE A COUNTRY BEING LEAD BY DAY DREAMERS AND INTELLECTUALLY BANKRUPT BOFOONS.

IN MY OWN FINAL ANALYSIS AND RATHER UNLIKE MY USUALLY OPTIMSTIC APPROACH TO EVERYTHING IN LIFE, WE ARE JUST DAY DREAMING.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by presido1: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2007
If wishes were horses beggers, you know the rest.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Scopium: 9:03am On Oct 18, 2007
Looks like somebody has been dreaming while sleep walking, maybe that's he walked over beautiful bridges. I think you need more sleeping pills by the time you wake up in 2050 Lagos would be capital of paradise. One the real though I dream with you.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by yimiton(f): 9:10am On Oct 18, 2007
Who says it's not possible?! wink grin But boy, lots of people will have to be displaced. Where will they go? Anyway, where did the former inhabitants of Abuja go when they decided to change it to FCT! undecided
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Mamajama(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2007
Please send this to IBb and his entourage so they can see what they had the opportunity to do for Nigerians
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Ndipe(m): 12:15am On Oct 20, 2007
Tall dreams indeed!
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Mustay(m): 12:46am On Oct 20, 2007
it can be done
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by nedmond: 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
I laugh, i laugh, i just dey laugh infact in different languages. grin
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by snowdrops(m): 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
Na so so bridge go dey lagos for 2020?
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by lawrence83: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
Abeg wher dem wan start from?

In ur dreams i guess.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by ezeagu(m): 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by kegikwanu(m): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
how bout that smiley
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
Dreams do come true, so all eyes are watching.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by babapupa: 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
Even faster than you think.

[B]Ocean Front[/B]

[B]Harbour Lights[/B]

[B]
Financial District[/B]

[B]
Eko Drive[/B]

[B]Avenues[/B]

[B]Downtown[/B]

[/CENTER]

[quote][/QUOTE]
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by babapupa: 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by ezeagu(m): 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2009
babapupa:

Wilmot Point - Lagos, Nigeria

http://anglosaxongroup.com/projects_wilmotpoint.htm

Is this real or computer graphics?
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by citizenY(m): 6:36pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ poser,

since we are day dreaming, please show me the following places:-

Boundary
waterside
mile 12 owode
alaba rago/okoko

Thanks.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by babapupa: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
computer graphics. Construction starts early next year/2010.

ASG is poised to commence with the 25 000 m² mixed use development Wilmot Towers project Lagos, Nigeria early in 2010.

http://anglosaxongroup.com/developments.htm
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2009
I love and envy your faith in Lagos' development.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by babapupa: 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2009
citizenY:

@ poser,

since we are day dreaming, please show me the following places:-

Boundary
waterside
mile 12 owode
alaba rago/okoko

Thanks.

I'm sure you're very familiar with Fashola's magical skills for waving the magic wand and transforming every inch of Lagos overnight. Unfortunately, I'm not.

I sure can't stand irrational and flawed thinking people
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by babapupa: 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I love and envy your faith in Lagos' development.

Just two years ago, Lagos was in the dumps and at the edge of abyss.

It's hard to ignore honest and good faith efforts.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2009
babapupa:

Just two years ago, Lagos was in the dumps and at the edge of abyss.

It's hard to ignore honest and good faith efforts.

Like i said, i respect your faith.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by honeric01(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
These things come work, i believe in them, the white men dreamt of their current countries before it became what it's today.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2009
honeric01:

These things come work, i believe in them, the white men dreamt of their current countries before it became what it's today.

That is very true, but u forgetting that white man is not as selfish, greedy and of a bastard like the leaders that we have.
A white man have a check and balance in place to make sure that their money is well spent, Nigeria has nothing in place, no one to check what they money is spent on, no one cares.
The white man system dream it, and they make it happen, cos they care about their unborn generations, but not in Nija.
A Nija man only worries and cares about himself and his immediate family and to make matter worse, they uses our money to oppress us.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by honeric01(m): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

That is very true, but u forgetting that white man is not as selfish, greedy and of a bastard like the leaders that we have.
A white man have a check and balance in place to make sure that their money is well spent, Nigeria has nothing in place, no one to check what they money is spent on, no one cares.
The white man system dream it, and they make it happen, cos they care about their unborn generations, but not in Nija.
A Nija man only worries and cares about himself and his immediate family and to make matter worse, they uses our money to oppress us.

They had greedy ones and still have them till today, the only difference is that the non greedy ones didn't allow the greedy ones overshadow them,  THE BEST THING ANY NIGERIAN CAN DO NOW IS TO KEEP PRAISING THOSE WORKING HARD TO MAKE NIGERIA A BETTER PLACE WHILE WATCHING THEIR STEPS AND AT THE SAME TIME RAINING INSULTS, ABUSES AND CURSES ON THOSE EATING US DOWN.
Re: Lagos In 2020: Must See by ezeagu(m): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2009
honeric01:

These things come work,  i believe in them,  the white men dreamt of their current countries before it became what it's today.

The white man once dreamt of their country, so did the black man. One day the white man got the country of his dreams then came to Africa and carved out new countries for the black man.  grin One Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg’s 7% Growth Report Questioned / U.S Declassified Memo Accuses Murtala Muhammad Of Genocide / Facebook User Calls Out Afikpo Chick 'maria Ude Nwachi',terms Her Pro Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.