Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Nokia Belle Is Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Belle Is Here (61351 Views)

Easy | How To Hack Symbian Phone S60v3 S60v5 S^3 Anna Belle / How To Solve Google Maps Not Working After Symbian Belle Update. / Hack Your Symbian Phone In 3mins(v3,v5,anna,belle) Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Belle Is Here by yaris(m): 6:45am On Feb 08, 2012
Nokia Belle update rolling out for Symbian^3 devices

The long-awaited Belle update for older Nokias that launched with Symbian^3 has started rolling out. We received tons of tips (thanks everyone!) and when we plugged in our Nokia N8, Ovi Suite immediately found an update.

The update is version 111.030.0609, the latest available version of Nokia Belle, even for the Nokia 701. That means that owners of an N8, E7, X7, C7, E6, C6-01 and Oro will be on par software-wise with phones that launched with Belle.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_belle_update_rolling_out_for_symbian3_devices-news-3786.php

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by yaris(m): 6:49am On Feb 08, 2012
updated mine this morning,

u need the latest ovi suite which is about 65mb and the Nokia Belle is about 150mb.

its official.

keep N8-ing
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Emeka72(m): 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
I think NOKIA N8 has been upgraded along-side other symbian phones.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Ozegbe(m): 7:24am On Feb 12, 2012
@yaris are u on unlimited plan or which network did u use?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by yaris(m): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^^sorry for the late reply, yes i use unlimited plan from mtn. the type that is mounted,
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 25, 2012
But y'all are still better off getting a phone that launched with Belle, 'cause they all have 1Ghz processors. Better RAM, and almost better everything.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by yaris(m): 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2012
12mp? play via radio? hd videos? upto 48gb memory?. its not all about processor speed, there is more. keep n8-ing

3 Likes

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by OmichaelO: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2012
I use a symbian belle phone, nokia 603 comes with default belle.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2012
yaris:

12mp? play via radio? hd videos? upto 48gb memory?. its not all about processor speed, there is more. keep n8-ing

_
The 701's got 8mp camera that shoots 720p HD video at 30fps; 8Gb internal memory expandable to 32Gb with SD card; play via radio, supports the latest HD games; and MORE SCREEN ESTATE.
_
AND IT'S CHEAPER THAN N8
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 26, 2012
yaris:

_
The 701's got 8mp camera that shoots 720p HD video at 30fps; 8Gb internal memory expandable to 32Gb with SD card; play via radio, supports the latest HD games; and MORE SCREEN ESTATE.
_
AND IT'S CHEAPER THAN N8
_
Oh and let's not forget MORE PROCESSOR SPEED and MORE RAM
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by symbianDON(m): 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
SimonAndal:

_
_
AND IT'S CHEAPER THAN N8
_
Oh and let's not forget MORE PROCESSOR SPEED and MORE RAM
and like the N8, i hope it's also got usb on the go and a xenon flash. I also hope it's got 16gb internal memory, and, yes, scratch resistant gorilla glas screen.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym3(m): 12:52am On Mar 08, 2012
N8 vs 701?? hmmmm
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym3(m): 1:29am On Mar 08, 2012
N8 and 701 no be mates ooo, N8 has a powerful AMOLED screen while 701 has the old TFT screen tech. N8 has 16gb internal storage while the other only has 8gb. N8 has 12mp camera with full autofocus plus carl Z optics and a nice xenon flash while 701 only has has a lame 8mp fixed focus lens and a LED flash. N8 could be connected to ur tv via HDMI and AV tv out cable while 701 only pocess the TV out via AV TV Out. Have u tried putting the two phones on the table and consider which one feels sturdy? Luckily I have a friend with 701. D only thing that is absent in N8 is the NFC support which 701 has. but that doesnt makes it beta dan ma N8 in anyway though. NFC aint any issue cos it aint common yet. U can neva regret ur money buying an N8 especially if u know how to use it. Keep N8ing :-)

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 08, 2012
How about comparing the N8 and the E7? Apart from the 12 mega pixel camera and FM transmitter which the E7 lacks, it trounces the N8 in my view. I almost bought the N8 but I decided at the last minute (at the phone shop in fact) that the E7 was a better, even though slightly more expensive, option.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym3(m): 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2012
pro01:

How about comparing the N8 and the E7? Apart from the 12 mega pixel camera and FM transmitter which the E7 lacks, it trounces the N8 in my view. I almost bought the N8 but I decided at the last minute (at the phone shop in fact) that the E7 was a better, even though slightly more expensive, option.

E7 isn't better than N8 bro. They both have their own advantages though. E7 has a physical qwerty keyboard which is cool for someone that types alot, that is the only advantage over n8. But guess what, swype keyboard now works on n8, which is a million times better and easier and faster than typing on a physical qwerty. U just Swype your fingers through the touch keyboard and your words keeps appearing, e go dey sweet you to type self, so bye bye to hurting fingers and clicking sounds when typing with physical keyboard :-) , E7's weight is anoda prob, I just cant imagine putting a 176g phone in the pocket. I need somethingm a bit light,slim and pocketable. FM transmitter is something that I can without, now I just select PLAY VIA RADIO when playing music and then I set the car radio on to listen. Now I dont need to keep burning CDs everytime, even in d room, I just turn d CD player fm on and enjoy music from the phone and u wont blv the quality is as good as a real Disc. E7 has the same 8mp LED flash camera with nokia 701. U can neva compare that with a 12mp carl zeiss optics and a xenon flash cam of n8. Have u seen any pic printed out from n8 lately? U ll wish u hav gone for the device. E7 has no memory card slot. That is a big disadvantage. 16gb is not as huge as u might. u ll be so surprised when use ur E7 memory up and u ll be so upset when u start deleting files in order to get new ones. I got anoda 8gb memory card already cos no more space on d internal drive. Take it or leave it. N8 is one great achievement nokia ever made. Took me 8months to look into it before finally settlin down and buying it.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym3(m): 4:33pm On Mar 08, 2012
also i wanna add this. E7 qwerty keyboard will eventually start to look old with all keys changing their colours due to presses. U can imagine a brand new n8 and e7 after about 2yrs of maximum use. U can even get a cheap protective jackets for an n8 which ll maintain its body appearance, sadly e7 has none cos of its built. Also the flex located under the e7 that connects the upper (screen) and lower part of the phone will eventually wear out and u gonna need a technician to replace it, Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by symbianDON(m): 5:58am On Mar 09, 2012
person wey never use n8 no go understand

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 10:24am On Mar 09, 2012
I don't bother to discuss the pros and cons of the Nokia N8.I'm loving the Belle effect and that's that. tongue

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by jedisco(m): 1:55am On Mar 10, 2012
temmym3:

N8 and 701 no be mates ooo, N8 has a powerful AMOLED screen while 701 has the old TFT screen tech. N8 has 16gb internal storage while the other only has 8gb. N8 has 12mp camera with full autofocus plus carl Z optics and a nice xenon flash while 701 only has has a lame 8mp fixed focus lens and a LED flash. N8 could be connected to ur tv via HDMI and AV tv out cable while 701 only pocess the TV out via AV TV Out. Have u tried putting the two phones on the table and consider which one feels sturdy? Luckily I have a friend with 701. D only thing that is absent in N8 is the NFC support which 701 has. but that doesnt makes it beta dan ma N8 in anyway though. NFC aint any issue cos it aint common yet. U can neva regret ur money buying an N8 especially if u know how to use it. Keep N8ing :-)

I really think you're wrong. I checked out the 2 phones before deciding to go for Nokia 701

Apart from the 12MP camera with its associated features Nokia 701 is relatively better than N8. About the TV output, Nokia 701 has it although its not HDMI

1. With 256MB RAM, 512 MB ROM and 687MHz processor, the speed of the phone will not be satisfactory. Also the 16GB internal memory will not be efficient and make the phone really slow. Nokia 701 on the other hand has double of the specs above except for its 1GHz processor.
If you are going to use a smartphone loaded with apps and HD games and superb
multitasking ability, then speed is paramount.

2. The symbian belle would be the last symbian update for N8 and you wouldn't want to be using some outdated stuff. Meanwhile 701 is due to receive the carla update (with Donna in line) with alot of exciting features like a new browser, new widgets, full dolby digital sound e.t.c. This update would also increase its processor speed to 1.3GHz. Now thats fast!

3. N8 may come with an AMOLED screen but 701 compensates for this by having the brightest screen on a smartphone.
BTW they both have gorilla glass.

4. You also forgot about battery life. 701 lasts about 40% longer than N8 during active use (e.g. talk time) Now thats huge.

5. 701 is much smaller and lighter. Its so handy.
Also its got NFC.

6. Nokia 701 has a 2D/3D graphics accelerator which is wonderful with HD games

7. 701 has much faster internet speed

Now you can take your pick
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym3(m): 5:17am On Mar 10, 2012
symbianDON
abeg where did u get this your transparent belle digital clock from? the one i hav gives me an ''update error'' when installing even with hacking the device. d default one is not transparent,
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 6:57am On Mar 10, 2012
temmym3:

symbianDON
abeg where did u get this your transparent belle digital clock from? the one i hav gives me an ''update error'' when installing even with hacking the device. d default one is not transparent,

The transparent clock widget comes with a customised firmware and might not work on the official version.Have you tried using Delight Belle or Xeon S^4 Belle?I guess you don't have the mechanic clock as well?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 10, 2012
You guys seem quite knowledgeable about these things. Meanwhile, the Belle is incredibly fast, with an intuitive UI. I can't help but wonder why Nokia had to jettison the Symbian OS in favour of Windows. What are the capabilities that Windows offers that Symbian can't - especially as the Symbian updates keep getting better and better. I heard the Symbian Meego (available only on the N9, I think ) is even better/faster than Belle. Why not consolidate on these rather than pursue this Windows dream? I really have no idea why.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by omoboy08(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2012
Belle is belle, but I luv my 701
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by omoboy08(m): 11:19am On Mar 10, 2012
Pls anybody with prc format reader on belle?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym3(m): 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
aieromon:

The transparent clock widget comes with a customised firmware and might not work on the official version.Have you tried using Delight Belle or Xeon S^4 Belle?I guess you don't have the mechanic clock as well?

Mechanic clock works. I already hacked the official firmware with norton so I installed all the new released widgets except the transparent clock. I flashed the custom delight belle but there was too many modifications to the core and prevents some auto start-upapps default apps from from bn visible when trying to stop them. So I downloaded the latest official release via navifirm, reflashed and hacked it. Most core app are now on C: so startup is faster and smooth scrolling is nicer. But still no solution to Lagging FLV video playback on belle yet sad sad . ll try extracting the clock widget manually though. Thanks much boss

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym3(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
pro01:

You guys seem quite knowledgeable about these things. Meanwhile, the Belle is incredibly fast, with an intuitive UI. I can't help but wonder why Nokia had to jettison the Symbian OS in favour of Windows. What are the capabilities that Windows offers that Symbian can't - especially as the Symbian updates keep getting better and better. I heard the Symbian Meego (available only on the N9, I think ) is even better/faster than Belle. Why not consolidate on these rather than pursue this Windows dream? I really have no idea why.

I agree with you bro. Nokia keeps listening to ask what they keep reading from their official blog just in the name of satisfying customers? which is no clever. Most of these people commentin on their blogs are dumbos that havnt got any time to look into what symbian is like, symbian is a very much stable OS. belle update was so superb and to me makes it the 2nd best mobile OS after Android. Even symbian's Nokia maps benched any other OS maps. a 256mb RAM symbian will perform better multitasking than a 1GB android. symbian is made to perform very nice with a very little Memory and cpu usage, which makes it the best battery saver. Now they want the bow-legged and borin windows phone OS Nah wah ooo,
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 11:13am On Mar 11, 2012
@JEDISCO. Dunno why my previous post was deleted but will try refraining my post this time
u keep talking about 701 as if its not the same remake of c7 that went through case polishing, CPU and RAM upgrade. Quote me if am wrong,

ur 701 still include the same n97 and c7's weak loudspeaker,
poor fixed focus lens camera with LED flash, ( u really should cover ur face for saying u open ur fixed focus cam quickly to take dozen of lame snapshots)

weak USB OTG that wont even read a 4gb flash drive, (test it out urself)
poor fm transmitter that cant even extend up to a feet (put it to test),

Poor TV Out graphics, worse than dat of a c7 (just tested this out ystday, I mistakenly dropped ma friend's 701 when tryin to connect to tv , thank God he neva ate me raw. Lol)

No HDMI and Surround chipset. I wonder how u ll use ur doulby sound without the hardware for it in carla update.. Those u mentioned are the general carla features, U shld know that ur hardwares will determine what will be included in your 701 firmware.

About ur claimed RAM.U should know by now that symbian will use 20% of ur RAM for processing applications and kennel dump. this has already been taken away automatically when ur phone boots at start-up which means ur phone is expected to perform at optimal when in use and not lag, the remaining 80% RAM will be shared between all applications, when the memory gets so low and couldnt run more apps, instead of the device gettin laggy, it either saves and closes the ones with minimal use or restarts when the kennel couldnt store its unsaved files.. u should know somethin is definitely wrong with ur bootdata when your devices starts gettin laggy. The applications u v installed has got nothing to do with a slow device as long as most of them are not included in the startup, u only leave needed programs on startup and not leave every goddamn application in autostart just because a device has up to 5GB RAM.

How will u say Belle will be the last symbian update for N8 based on its CPU range? are u taking a mobile update for a PC Formating? on the pc, u only hav a standard of a single program for eg. XP, vista and 7. u can formart or update a vista pc into a 7 as long as it has the requirement to boot 7. But phones are manufactured with their own different firmware models. A BELLE firmware update for 701 will include all the phone default features considering the hardwares, which means the firmware will be built to run 1GHZ with a 512MB RAm, all cores regarding to HDMI control and 12MP sensor support will be left out, so as the N8 BELLE firmware will only run on 256MB with its processor and all support regarding the NFC will be excluded. so the same applies to all featured update for all symbian 3 devices.. dont u get it kk, well Q4 will definitely show its face and we shall see who z gonna eat his own wordz.

Now he keeps comparing an AMOLED with a TFT. Na wah ooo

The battery test i posted earlier was true. I called it battery eater test cos i utilise much more power consuming apps to run the test. believe it or not, i dont care. i only opened and minimise the test apps and other apps was killed. a person dat gets the exact battery life indicated in manufacturers website is a dumbo, which means u hav not been usin ur phone for apps or u just use it as ur wall clock.

I neva twisted sizes, I only mention the relevant one. D size and height of both phonez are almost dsame and no one takes a ruler to a phone shop measuring height and width. If u are really saying u could feel d 4gram difference between both, then something is wrong somwhere.

Hmm, most recent?? I bought mine a year ago, even ur 701 hasnt bn released then. it was released and few months ago, and came with the cheap hardwares that struggles to perform. N8 is ugly? Really? U hav neva handled an n8 man, be truthful. Some of ur wordz here were randomly picked from different sites. I wanted smtn related to ur hands on xperience, not old blog posts.
Its a choice though, if u could leave with an upgraded RAM, eye candy case with very weak hardware performances of its old predecessor. all in the name of most recent device, good, if u could also leave with a lesser RAM device and with an awesome hardware performance for ur moni. Then good as well. Its all a matter of choice bro.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2012
In addition to previous pretty belle homescreen screenshots posted earlier. the music and video player went through nice polishing better than that of ANNA. quite bigger album arts with larger position seeking. also the landscape album sorting is more transparent and smooter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Tecno S3 Features And Specifications / What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? / The 10 Cheapest Android Phones In Nigeria Lowest Below ₦15,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.