Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,166 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson (2739 Views)

Who Will Rebuild Agatu? / Who Will Rebuild The PDP ? / Bayelsa: Dickson’s Aides Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by victorazy(m): 8:08am On Feb 08, 2012
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP candidate for this Saturday’s governorship election in Bayelsa State Barrister Serikae Dickson was unveiled to the electorate last Friday in the state capital, Yenogoa. Following the formal presentation of the party flag, the candidate sat down with a group of visiting journalists during which he responded to issues arising from his candidacy and also articulated his plans for the state. Excerpts:

How the restoration movement begun and what has it been able to achieve so far?
We have been in the restoration movement for a number of months. What was seen today was an example of what we started in a very humble way months back.

It is very remarkable. It is such a remarkable campaign of ideas. It is remarkable because of our abhorrence of violence. Since we started the campaign the level of violence, even in this state has come down. There was sensitization, instruction and education here and there. The people you saw at the rally were not a paid crowd. We are going through a transitional phase. The people came out by themselves.

How do you intend to reconcile the members of the party that are presently at loggerheads with you?
Most of what you see as a crisis is even exaggerated when you look at it from the outside and that accounts for why you saw the crowd. It is actually a pointer to the fact that the situation you referred to as a crisis may not really be as frightening.

Yes, as a result of the circumstances, leading up to my entry into the race and the signs that took place thereafter till now I agree with you that there were some divisions. But politics is never ever devoid of division. I have been in it for quite a while and it’s never ever without division. Even within the same tendency, we have such.

But going forward, I am a conscientious team builder. I am a team builder and being that really helped in the evolution of the new PDP in the sense that, we have been able to throw the party open and embraced all stakeholders. You may be aware that former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, Timi Alaibe and quite a number of others have been at the fringes of the party.

All major stakeholders in the party have really been at the fringes of the party. Only one small tendency held sway. The tendency that we assisted to get into power in 2007 was a tendency that was not even noticeable because it has no presence. And that was as a result of inability to build consensus and work with the stakeholders. Immediately after the primaries, I promised I was going to rebuild the party.

We knew that the platform has to be robust enough in going forward. And we did reorganise the party in several ways, set up the elders’ committee which wasn’t there, and has not been meeting.  Now, we have very senior stakeholders of the party heading various LGAs caucuses on the platform which wasn’t there so stakeholders now feel free. They now have a sense of belonging. The real stake holders of the party are now back.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/how-i-will-rebuild-bayelsa-dickson/
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by 13volts(m): 9:34am On Feb 08, 2012
The way your mentor GEJ did.
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by sugar001(f): 11:20am On Feb 08, 2012
Na today?
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by jesuseun1(m): 11:30am On Feb 08, 2012
talk is cheap,lets wait and see.
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by born2boink(m): 11:33am On Feb 08, 2012
[b]DICK[/b]son is amazing name
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by born2boink(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2012
Dickson
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by safarigirl(f): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2012
Mtcheewww, bunch ☺₣ noise-making, thieving liara! They're ÄŁĻ the same
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by sunkoye: 11:39am On Feb 08, 2012
as if we are still snoring grin
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by bolant2002(m): 11:53am On Feb 08, 2012
sadHe has not outlined how he was going to rebuild Bayelsa
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by gascoign1(m): 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
Rubbish!
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by superior1: 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2012
I was watching this [b]DICK[/b]son guy the other day on TV, there is just something about him that kept reminding me of Agbero boys of Oshodi before Fashola intervention.
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by victorazy(m): 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
Is it all u guys can say? Comon guys I trust this guy and I have d confident in him dat he can make different, doubting him means ur also a bad egg "uka-adigi ajo njo na-afo"
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by Baawaa(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2012
Have u become d governor OH u believe in rigging urself in
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by victorazy(m): 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2012
Not yet but I promised u that I will be one in future, d gud leader I mean. U guys doesn't really know that these ppl visit NL and they read these things "speaking from xperience bcuz one called me sometime ago GOV. IBORI himself from Dubai a week before his arrest"
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by jamace(m): 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2012
We don hear. Welcome. grin
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by manny4life(m): 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2012
victorazy:

Not yet but I promised u that I will be one in future, d gud leader I mean. U guys doesn't really know that these ppl visit NL and they read these things "speaking from xperience bcuz one called me sometime ago GOV. IBORI himself from Dubai a week before his arrest"

Well, if they are listening and "ACTUALLY" log onto NL, when they know people don't really trust them and their cups is gradually filling up everyday, they will get back to work.
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by Basics007: 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2012
For him to rebuild that means there must've been a previous collapse. So when exactly did the collapse occur? During Silva 4yr reign or even during his godfather's reign?
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by kokoA(m): 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2012
Dickson should be = "Manliness-son" on nairaland grin Seun you forget? grin grin
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by bulksms247(m): 7:30am On Feb 09, 2012
Politicians and their talks. Am tired of listening ooo
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by ochukoccna: 9:22am On Feb 09, 2012
Politicians and their talks. Am tired of listening ooo

Pray he will not be worse than Slyva
Saw the dude speaking @ an election rally two days back during a sponsored program on Channels and he was the same 'ol 'Water, light, jobs' etc promises
To top it, it was said disinterestedly
Anyway na the people of Bayelsa wan elect another Frankenstein grin grin grin grin grin grin
Wish them well wink wink wink wink
Re: How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson by niddamugu(m): 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
You have nothing to offer. Just chop ya money and get out of that office - This is your year of "Breakthrough" grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti / Macbook Pro 13" 2009 Edition in Abuja | Kaduna #90,000 >>>>[SOLD √√√] / Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.