Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. (2017 Views)

SHOCKING: Confusion In Ekiti Town As Goat That Delivers Human Baby Goat [PHOTO] / Please Advise, My Girlfriend Refused To Accept My BBM Request / Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2012
I have been living outside Nigeria for years though I used to return occasionally but now am back and I want to stay here invest the little I have, settle down, get married and build my own family. My headache is finding a wife, due to my absence here for long, I have no girl just last month my sister found one for me, since then we are in relationship but the girl is putting a lot of pressure on me to hasten the marriage process so she can settle down with me, I barely know her and I cannot tell if she is faking, when I complain to her about some of her misbehaviors she simply replies me that we are not married yet so I should do fast so she can do as I wish.
Just last night I called her and she said she was in a wake-keep with a friend, I didn’t like that so I asked her to go home because it’s late, she cuts the phone and stopped returning my calls. This morning she sent countless of love sms asking for forgiveness and telling me how much she loves me. Am really confused, will she change with time or
Should I look for another person? Pls advise.
Thanks….
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by slimyem: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2012
you got a desperado in your hands.
I'd say you shouldnt rush into marrying her.
Take your time,have a real relationship with her.if she's really serious about you,she'll beat the test of time!
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2012
@OP
what you see now is what you will get AFTER MARRIAGE, dont get it twisted.

IMHO, i think you should drop this desperado gal (who obviously dont give a damn about you) and look for someone BY YOURSELF. . . . . . in due time, a gem will come your way naturally. when you finally find her, take your time in studying her, discovering her and finding out if she has all the important traits you desire in a wifey.

being desperate to marry and have a family will only have you settle for less and regret it in the (near) future, so CHILL!!!!
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by freecocoa(f): 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hah OP this lady is a desperate o,like MbJ said there won't be anything like change if you marry her,if you wanna stick with her then don't rush it,take your time to study her, if she's then one,there won't be two ways about it but if you decide to quit then look carefully and I'm sure you'll find someone by yourself, which is even the best way to go about searching for a life partner.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
Thanks for the replies, i really appreciate.
in addition, since i came back i stay with my people(family) so i can set up 1 or 2 biznes before getting a place of my own, but could you believe this girl once asked me to get an apartment first. everything about her is going against my original plan.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by freecocoa(f): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2012
^You welcome,please FLEE from this girl,its obvious you are not even comfortable with her.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by pendo89(f): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2012
Dr. Joe:

when I complain to her about some of her misbehaviors she simply replies me that  we are not married yet so I should do fast so she can do as I wish.
This morning she sent countless of love sms asking for forgiveness and telling me how much she loves me. Am really confused, will she change with time or

You are just your own prisoner.Double trouble in paradise.

Do people change after marriage? Nope. If anything what they are as single people doubles in measure. You ready for that challenge?
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Killz3(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
Dr. Joe:

I have been living outside Nigeria for years though I used to return occasionally but now am back and I want to stay here invest the little I have, settle down, get married and build my own family. My headache is finding a wife, due to my absence here for long, I have no girl just last month my sister found one for me,
Mistake number 1. Being too hasty to settle down and build a family! That requires a lot of patience. You dont have a girl friend as a result of your absence, no that you are back, what's the excuse? The girl your sister will find or any girl at all that has a premeditated knowledge of your stay abroad will even give you more headache! You are her "maga" in the making. Concentrate on your other projects and you'll find a wife in due time. Desperation leads you no where, except of course to your own detriment! Avoid loopholes! grin
Dr. Joe:
since then we are in relationship but the girl is putting a lot of pressure on me to hasten the marriage process so she can settle down with me, I barely know her and I cannot tell if she is faking,
when I complain to her about some of her misbehaviors she simply replies me that  we are not married yet so I should do fast so she can do as I wish.
For the fact that she said "we are not married yet so I should do fast so she can do as I wish." tells me that she is[b] FAKING![/b] A lady that truly loves you has your own best interest at heart, even above her own. Pressurizing you to hasten the marriage process is bullshit, and is a very common statement from ladies who have lived useless lives and are looking for an innocent man to share the consequences of their abject lives with! Reject that motion she is setting, else that'll be Mistake number two! Dont even tell her you need to know her better before you marry her, because she has already shown you her real self. . . Free of charge! grin
Dr. Joe:
Just last night I called her and she said she was in a wake-keep with a friend, I didn’t like that so I asked her to go home because it’s late, she cuts the phone and stopped returning my calls.
Dropping the phone on anyone is rude, disrespectful, objectionable and -for someone you plan on getting married to, who is still thinking of the possibility of asking you to be his wife, i'll add- sensationally st[i]u[/i]pid! Even a faker would obey you and go home, just to make you believe she is obedient. But this presumptuous good-for-nothing already thinks she has won the "Battle of the new wife" and is making hasty and whipper-snappish decisions! WTF! Mistake number 3 is marrying a lady that doesnt give a sh[i]i[/i]t about your concerns for her safety. She just gave you a sneak peek preview of what she is gonna show you when you marry her and that my brother, is what? PEPPER!  grin She already told you "we are not married yet so I should do fast so [size=16pt]she can do as I wish.[/size]Do you really want to marry a lady who will do as she wishes? Personally i dont. What about you?
Dr. Joe:
This morning she sent countless of love sms asking for forgiveness and telling me how much she loves me. Am really confused, will she change with time or
Tell her i said she is what? A FOOL! Asking forgiveness in the morning? How about telling you where she was going to in the first place? How about a reasonable explanation as to why she needed to be out late at that hour? How about calling and asking for forgiveness for cutting the line on you, immediately it was cut? Even a faker would call and tell you "it's network!" But this girl is irrevocably DUMB! She knows nothing. . .SMH! What the hell does she know about love? Love is not selfish, Love is not proud, Love does NOT look out for it's own personal interests. Love is NOT "I LOVE YOU". Forgive her, and then do what? End the gaddamn relationship! She WONT change with time, she'll only get worse and then worst! wink
Dr. Joe:
Yes please! Cosigned, stamped and sealed! End the relationship! You can avoid future mistakes right now, presently. Why should you purposefully fall into a hole to see how deep it is, and then start calling for help afterwards?

Keep it real bro. . . na wife you dey find o! Damn!
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Killz3(m): 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2012
Dr. Joe:

Thanks for the replies, i really appreciate.
in addition, since i came back i stay with my people(family) so i can set up 1 or 2 biznes before getting a place of my own, but [size=17pt]could you believe this girl once asked me to get an apartment first. [/size]everything about her is going against my original plan.
LMAO! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2012
OP like a fugitive and patiently look for a girl that would stay by you and never give any of the impression that you yourself is involve in SSS program.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by deniyor: 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2012
I agree with the posts above.
You have a bad mannered crazy girl in your hands. She is not going to change anytime soon - what you see is what you get after marriage.

PS - OP, you should try to be less controlling too. Ordering her home from the wake keeping is not the best way to act even though it may hv to do with her safety. Or did it have to do with your jealous streak? Either way chill a bit. I definitely will not recommend this lady for you to marry. Dangling marriage as a means to change or achieving what you want is an age old trick, dont be fooled.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by pendo89(f): 1:09pm On Feb 08, 2012
Aiish killz! just become phil's assistant.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Killz3(m): 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2012
Who's phil?
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by pendo89(f): 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2012
ggle

~Killz~:

Who's phil?
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by iice(f): 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2012
Well they say marriage doesn't always makes one responsible.
Sounds like someone who doesn't know his mind much less how to make up his mind.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by LDG(f): 2:38pm On Feb 08, 2012
@ poster, I dont think you should be ordering your girlfriend to come home. Your girlfriend is NOT your child,
On another note, how old is this girl? maybe she is in a rush to marry because of her age (wants kids in the near future). Anyway, you clearly have it mind to marry too so your both eager!! I'd say take your time and get to know her a bit more. In about 6 months time review the situation, if she really wants to be with you she will still be with you in 6 months time :-)
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2012
thanks guys for the candid advice, i greatly appreciate.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by claremont(m): 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2012
An average Nigerian girl aged between 25 and 30 years old has one thing on her mind, MARRIAGE. Some are overtly desperate, whilst some others are covertly desperate. I think our society is to blame for the obsession over marriage, the way some of them are obsessed over it tends to make a casual observer think that marriage is their only goal in life. Someone who says that marriage will make him/her a "complete person" is the most miserable of all men.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 09, 2012
^^ bro, i am sorry to say that, the man who believes that MONEY is the only thing that will be needed in order to find a good wife (like most single 9ja hustler do), is FAR MORE miserable than the one you mentioned. lol!
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by henryhemon(m): 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Mr.brownjay,
Most of our gals see only a man that has dough is ready for marriage,u hear words like ''i can only marry someone with the dough,i don't want my children to suffer like i did'',so 9ja hustlers now tend to be influence by that.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by badmrkt(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
@henry well spoken bro.@times i wish i could switch
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by pinkymami(f): 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
OP you've gotten all the advice you need,the girl is a desperado but I must say you don't order her to go home,she's not your maid you could've said it nicely instead of making it sound like a command.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by omega25red(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2012
bandiejay:

OP like a fugitive and patiently look for a girl that would stay by you and never give any of the impression that you yourself is involve in SSS program.
MRbrownJAY:

@OP
what you see now is what you will get AFTER MARRIAGE, dont get it twisted.

IMHO, i think you should drop this desperado gal (who obviously dont give a damn about you) and look for someone BY YOURSELF. . . . . . in due time, a gem will come your way naturally. when you finally find her, take your time in studying her, discovering her and finding out if she has all the important traits you desire in a wifey.

being desperate to marry and have a family will only have you settle for less and regret it in the (near) future, so CHILL!!!!
poster follow these ^^^

by the way why is your sister the one searching for a mate for you? dont you know how to socialize?
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2012
OP, i will suggest you date her for atleast a year and half.

what you get now = what you get when you marry her + worse
dont buy the "when you marry me", infact she is giving you her best right now cos she wants something quickly.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
thanks guys, am humbled to have you guys around and your advice mean a lot to me. i shall make no mistake.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
henryhemon:

@Mr.brownjay,
Most of our gals see only a man that has dough is ready for marriage,u hear words like ''i can only marry someone with the dough,i don't want my children to suffer like i did'',so 9ja hustlers now tend to be influence by that.

oh lawd!!!! and then you wonder why i think that people thinking like you do are miserable?
if you'd open your eyes you would see that EVERYBODY in this world likes better things. the problem is when some women zoom in on money ONLY, and disregard anything else. to me, it sounds more like hustlers who in return get hustled by broke a[/b]ss goldigging women

you see, it doesnt matter what any broke [b]a[/b]ss hungry gold digger thinks/wants, the important point is to USE YOUR BRAIN. what such gal is saying is:
[b]A)
she doesnt care WHO you are as a person, only your money matter.s
B) the day you money don finish, she will be out of there.
C) she doesnt intend to contribute financially to the union.

as i always said, someone who doesnt value you when you are down/poor, doesnt deserve you when you suddenly are up/rich.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by coogar: 11:48pm On Feb 09, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

as i always said, someone who doesnt value you when you are down/poor, doesnt deserve you when you suddenly are up/rich.

word!
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Konnektions146(m): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2012
@op,
i dont know how old yu re but if yu marry that lady, yu just got a visa to yur grave and imagine yu having HBP at 40years(God Forbid!)

yu re not even comfortable with the lady from the way yu sound,

sorry if i may ask, where dd yur sister get that THING from?

at least yu see all of us here are not stuupid.

if yu become desperate abt a life partner, u are bound to make mistakes,
just concentrate on yur plans and a lady will cross yur path and yu will be happy.

i wish yu de best as yu walk from this lady
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by henryhemon(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2012
@Mr.brownjay,
word bro.
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by kpolli(m): 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
Dr. Joe:

I have been living outside Nigeria for years though I used to return occasionally but now am back and I want to stay here invest the little I have, settle down, get married and build my own family. My headache is finding a wife, due to my absence here for long, I have no girl just last month my sister found one for me, since then we are in relationship but the girl is putting a lot of pressure on me to hasten the marriage process so she can settle down with me, I barely know her and I cannot tell if she is faking, when I complain to her about some of her misbehaviors she simply replies me that we are not married yet so I should do fast so she can do as I wish.
Just last night I called her and she said she was in a wake-keep with a friend, I didn’t like that so I asked her to go home because it’s late, she cuts the phone and stopped returning my calls. This morning she sent countless of love sms asking for forgiveness and telling me how much she loves me. Am really confused, will she change with time or
Thanks….

Yes
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Dyt(f): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
^ classic
Re: Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise. by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 11, 2012
@Konnektions146 thanks for ur candid advice, i really appreciate. am already off the hook and am doing well with my other plans. she might strike back later but am more organized and composed now than before when i was with her.
thanks to all you guys for being there for me. i wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Are Promiscuous By Nature(?) / 15 Ways To Tell A Guy You Love Him Without Scaring Him Off / Love Triangle: University Senate Must Hear This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.