Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,196 members, 7,780,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:42 PM

Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau (9676 Views)

#OutBreakInOAU: Disease Out Break In OAU Trending On Twitter / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Basics007: 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2012
With OAU Ife turning 50 today,i'm pls inviting all the alumni of that great school who are on Nairaland to come in and share those moments that evokes nostalgia whenever they remember them.
Motion ground, Old Buka, New Buka, Sport complex, Awo block one, Moremi, Staff quarters etc
Please let's do justice to this.
And for present OAU students what are those things/places you will miss when you eventually pass out of that great citadel?
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Demdem(m): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2012
e jade e ja bu ara wa ooo
(Come out lets curse ourselves) grin grin grin

Dont mind me. I miss Awo hall.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by atasteve: 11:53am On Feb 09, 2012
I stayed in animal kingdom, block 2 Awo hall, boys could be so naughty grin

Motion ground with different old school posing cheesy cheesy I shake my head anytime i see the pictures taken at motion ground.

Sport center is the spiritual center of the school. cool

Moremi was for big girls
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by soulamanne(m): 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
Faj tv room made football one of the best thingh I enjoyed.I analysed it with a lot of intelligent people, I miss health science jollof and dodo too.never knew I would miss ife I swear with all d extracool wahala.greeeaaaat ife!
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Demdem(m): 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
soulamanne:

Faj tv room made football one of the best thingh I enjoyed.I analysed it with a lot of intelligent people, I miss health science jollof and dodo too.never knew I would miss ife I swear with all d extracool wahala.greeeaaaat ife!

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by not2long(m): 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
I stayed in e t f hall beside new buka in part one.and awo from part two till part four.i can never forget old buka and aluta market which faborode destroyed.can never forget aluta about the increment of acceptance fee from 2k to twenty k.which the sch was closed for two month.also how we drove round the sch the day we finished our exam and ended in new buka to drink our friends to stupor.also how we fought p.g student because they didnt allow us to watch ball in their all.also when some student destroyed the electric gadget installed at motion ground.adventures at night at d.s.a,agric,pharmacy,sport and motion ground.block seven and eight in awo hall i can never forget you.also how we fought for food on matric and convocation day
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
Cannot forget Angel of Chemistry who made us wake up early for lectures at 6:30am
Cannot forget motion ground and how i stumbled on two people doing the nasty under the cover of darkness.
Cannot forget Moremi Hall. . .
Can't forget White House for all it's acada stress (Osas and co)
Can't forget congress at Amphi and Awo cafe. . .
Congrats Great Ife
I am happy I passed through you
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
The only thing i enjoyed in that OAU b4 leaving for abroad is the Buka Banging Girls after swimming in the sport complex grin
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
The only thing i enjoyed in that OAU b4 leaving for abroad is the Buka and Banging Girls after swimming in the sport complex grin
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by sammyke(m): 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
haha. Of d greatest ife. Cant list them all. Goin back to sch on mon
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by violent(m): 12:47pm On Feb 09, 2012
where TKb 417? grin
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by babanne(m): 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2012
i miss the stress of elect/elect engineering @ white house. grin grin grin. now i give the same stress to my students where i work.Thank god. grin grin grin
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Kamali(m): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
Angel Of Chemistry, Fakunle, It was tough then, very interesting now to remember all those, GREAT IFE
OSAS/Adeniran/Igbo of Elect. etc
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Whyce(m): 12:56pm On Feb 09, 2012
Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! Hurray. I can shout what great universal world. Oba Awon University. Proudly Awo. ENI FE TE.

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2012
Trust DK and Alfa JARUS to invade this thread
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by neyostical(m): 1:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
Hmmn, despite all odds there are still some interesting things nd events abt the school . Can't wait to resume formally
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by yme1(f): 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
violent:

where TKb 417? grin
You took that outta my fingers and Jarus too cheesy cheesy
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Demdem(m): 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by sleekman(m): 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ife the Aluta school hmmm. Shout out to all those who at one point or the other stayed in Faj, Awo & 'barracks'

*Singing* Great Ife, Great Ife
Africa's most beautiful campus
Conscious, vigilant, progressive
Aluta against all oppression
Forward ever, backward never
For learning, culture, sports & Struggle
Great Ife! (Great) I love you
There is only one Great Ife in the Universe
Another Great Ife is a counterfeit
Great! Great!! Great!!! Great!!!! Great!!!
, GREAT IFE
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by tunde300us(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
Where is dayokanu et all , Ife was quite an experience,spending 7yrs for a 4 yr course
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by yme1(f): 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2012
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by whyman(m): 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2012
Great moments never a dull day Oba Awon University

Aluta wars!
Lecture boycotts!
Aluta congress @ Amphi!
White House (GP destroyer - physics, chemistry and mathematics)
War against Prof. Roger Makanjuola
Oku nights @ Awolowo Hall
Various breaks during session.
"Elements" saga
Saburi's case
Bukina's impeachment
Sleepless night at reading room
Water and power scarcity during exams
Religious fevers
etc

Indeed, it is a great institution preparing you for the best and worst situation outside campus.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by FEMARY1: 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
StarBoard:

Cannot forget Angel of Chemistry who made us wake up early for lectures at 6:30am
Cannot forget motion ground and how[b] i stumbled on two people doing the nasty under the cover of darkness.[/b]Cannot forget Moremi Hall. . .
Can't forget White House for all it's acada stress (Osas and co)
Can't forget congress at Amphi and Awo cafe. . .
Congrats Great Ife
I am happy I passed through you
which nasty thing na? grin grin grin

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by whyx06(m): 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
i'm proud to be a student of dis sku ,' citadel for learning and Culture.
grate IFE indeed!!
love you!!!
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by snthesis(m): 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2012
cant forget those days
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2012
Subscribing
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by duni04(m): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ex Geology student @ white house, u can imagine my own experience. Thank God for everything though. GREAT IFE!
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by kamuzu(m): 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
cant ever forget those long nights in arch studio with the music blaring.
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by joselekas(m): 3:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
At a place like OAU, you learn about extreme efficiency. It is not enough to b brilliant, u ve to be extremely smart and strong. Struggling to get a sit at an overcrowded lecture theatre, running from one lecture room to another, staying in an overcrowded hostel etc. can make a brilliant std look like a dumbass. Used to think I was very smart in mathematics until I did layeni's MTH201 and MTH202 scoring 46% n 51% respectively.  I will b graduating this year. I am proud to b a std of this great institution. God bless OAU.

1 Like

Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
You want me to tell you?

How Awo boys dare not come to Sport Hall to wake us up for Aluta because they would get beaten by those judokas

Or how guys who stay late in Moz, would be held hostage
Re: Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau by tsupilot: 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dropping my sister off the morning Africa and SUG members were killed by Cultists
Having 300 Awo boys storm Omole estate in town two days after the incident to round up suspected cultist
Watching Awo boys beat Efosa to a state of unconsciousness
Witnessing Burkina's impeachment and the fight that ensued at Amphi theater afterwards
Seeing girls harass Dapo the Gay dude on Campus on the sidewalks by Amphitheatre
Waking up 4am to walk to Agric for angel of chemistry
Playing basketball at the sports complex with some big mouthed fools who thought they were Michael Jordan
Driving into school in the morning and seeing an idiot somersault his dad's car on Road One after a rave.
Eating fine rice and beans with dodo in the Economics Bukateria
Hanging out at New Buka, Shiskabob, that Chicken joint (can't remember the name) and playing snooker
Ofcourse chasing jambite chicks at Moz
Walking into a chick's room and moz and meeting 5 other guys waiting to court the same Girl, LOLz (I was won sha, cuz I had a car and phone at home)
Raiding coca cola trucks on saturday morning whenever SUG officials decided to ban them from campus,
The smell of stinking beans whenever I was walking though Angola or Awo to see classmates
Reading Rockshocks, Cobra and all the other tabloid magazines on campus bugging Club boyz
Watching fine boys show up to white house to check their exam grades in front of Physics dept
Standing on the bridge at whitehouse scoping fine Moremi chicks in the morning walking to class
Eating Risky Burger 2am in the morning while studying for test at white house,
Struggling to get on a bus in front of SUB back to school gate, LOL
Hanging out with my guys at their Boys Quarters in staff quarters and witnessing how they disvirgin young jambites (Agbaya all of you reading)
Observing broke some club boys (Fidus Arcade, Excel, Sigma and the other idiots) trying to oppress and impress classmates with borrowed clothes/accesories
Hearing the news that Dapo the gay guy got raped by 6 students, ika ni awon boys sha!
Running from gun shots and fights during the modaekeke/ife war whenever violence ensued
Experiencing fine girls take a full bath with just one satchet of pure water during strikes or water scarcity, LOL
Seeing students harass rich men whenever they showed up on campus for their relatives Convocation
Laughing during one convocation when it was announced, students failed to Graduate from the Geology department 2yrs in row, LOL (Kill me)

Ok it's enough, OAU was definitely a planet of its own, I loved it and hated it the same, Greatest Ife, Greatest of the Greatest of the Greatest of the Greatest, ALL other universities are Counterfiets, FIFTY GBOSAS!!!!!

I am an OAU Legacy child, so I can go on and on and on, I left b4 part 3 to school in yankee Sha, so kudos to everyone that completed the journey!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Weird Facts Around The World / 2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / Redeemer’s University Graduates 465, 22 Bag First Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.