Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,576 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

My New 'short' Film - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My New 'short' Film (8130 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script / New Short Film From Streethood Ent.(abuja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New 'short' Film by Briareos(m): 1:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
The movie is great. I like the concept, the camera angles, the cinematographer. It is clear you put a lot of thoughts into them.

Just too bad you are faraway in London. Naija needs people like you.
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
Briareos: The movie is great. I like the concept, the camera angles, the cinematographer. It is clear you put a lot of thoughts into them.

Just too bad you are faraway in London. Naija needs people like you.

Hi Briareos. Thank you very much for the kind words, I'm glad you liked it. I definitely want to be in Naija shooting films and hopefully will be, trying to work towards doing that.
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 10:27am On Aug 08, 2012
VillageBoi: Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well? Please may I take a little bit of your time and ask to to watch my new short film. Do feel free to leave your views. Totally appreciate it. Thanks.

VillageBoi

'Sweet Sixteen'.http://vimeo.com/36224825

EDIT - Now with a YouTube link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh8yGYeN6Ls
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
Anyone know how to do a Vimeo embed on this site?
Re: My New 'short' Film by Excellent7(m): 2:15am On Nov 20, 2012
@OP, You have a positive feedback here
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 3:17am On Nov 20, 2012
Excellent7: @OP, You have a positive feedback here

Thanks. I've been quite lucky and people have generally liked the different films I've posted on this site.
Re: My New 'short' Film by Enoquin(f): 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
Okay, I don't want to read other comments before dropping mine.

Hmmm...it was an okay movie...the 'ghost' lady and the bartender did good except the main character. His was stilted somewhat...less emotions (haba) in words and action.

In the beginning though, the glass that the bartender was cleaning should have been up and not moved up...it was clear from the latter action that you surely did not want us to see the face and when we did, seconds later...it was like...why?

I got the movie when the bartender dropped the orange juice by the male's character's side.

The beginning was not clear for me, there were glitches and static movement...perhaps it was my browser...

I liked the lady's voice, had a calming effect even though it was in stark contrast to that of the male's character...definitely a ghost voice...
Liked the shot showing the footsteps
The fingers with the butterfly ring passing slowly over the lit candle.

I know you aimed at suspense...but suspense is totally achieved when we want to go back to watch previous clips because we do not quite believe the unfolding story...

Kudos anyway...you can only get better.
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
Enoquin: Okay, I don't want to read other comments before dropping mine.

Hmmm...it was an okay movie...the 'ghost' lady and the bartender did good except the main character. His was stilted somewhat...less emotions (haba) in words and action.

In the beginning though, the glass that the bartender was cleaning should have been up and not moved up...it was clear from the latter action that you surely did not want us to see the face and when we did, seconds later...it was like...why?

I got the movie when the bartender dropped the orange juice by the male's character's side.

The beginning was not clear for me, there were glitches and static movement...perhaps it was my browser...

I liked the lady's voice, had a calming effect even though it was in stark contrast to that of the male's character...definitely a ghost voice...
Liked the shot showing the footsteps
The fingers with the butterfly ring passing slowly over the lit candle.

I know you aimed at suspense...but suspense is totally achieved when we want to go back to watch previous clips because we do not quite believe the unfolding story...

Kudos anyway...you can only get better.

Hi Enoquin,

Thank you very much for watching my short. True words... the lead male was the only person that turned up for the audition so we didn't really have a choice. I did, however, want him showing less emotion and much more from the girl as her character was saying everything as per maternal instinct (I wanted her to be so eager and him more aloofish). That's what I tried but not everything went to plan - I did want far different shots and a lot of movement when they were sitting down, unfortunately we couldn't do that as the location changed the amount of time they initially gave us. We really started thinking of scrapping the film and not shooting. The promised 8hrs each day on location turned into 2hrs on the 1st day and 3 on the 2nd - so we rushed like mad and the bulk of my time was spent on techie stuff and not much directing on the day.

I'm not sure I get the first question. Do you mean why I didn't show her face at first or why the barman raised the glass he was cleaning? He raised the glass because almost all barmen raise a glass to the light to look for smears. I wanted by that point the audience would guess he can't see her. It was funny because he kept looking at her - it's difficult when you're not an actor to pretend A, B or C isn't right there in front of you lol.

Sorry to hear you exerienced glithches in the beginning. It is a possibility that it's vimeo/youtube compression.

There is something they tell you almost immediately in film - "Anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong." Such was also the case here where everyone was new and inexperienced... would you have guessed our sound guy didn't record one single bit of useable audio over the 2 days? The whole film was a complete pain in the 'behind'. Oh the joys of things going badly wrong lol. All we have to do is learn from our past mistakes and try not to make them again.

I believe it too; one just has to strive to get better. Thankfully we can learn our mistakes on short films; can you imagine making a feature film badly? Ouch!

And thank you for saying how you felt. That thruth is - that is what I actually prefer. Many people are to shy or too scared to criticize other's works but they should say what they don't like if they can be constructive too.

Lol I hope this film is the worst thing I ever make, it would totally suck to make an even crappier film hahaha. We had good intentions but dayum, it fell way below my expectations.
Re: My New 'short' Film by Enoquin(f): 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
@villageboi...

LMAO...what else can I say? You are a true artist...one of the rare ones that can take criticism...people say I am hard to please but I tell them...no, convince me and please me...

Now, that you say everyone was inexperienced...I can't be too hard on them...

On an aside and in a whisper: you didn't need to make the actor appear less emotional after all (looks round) you english lot are naturally less emotional...it would have come naturally to the actor...

Now in a loud voice: but what if the actor had displayed emotions? Allowed us to feel his pain? I believe no matter how aloof, the anger at abandonment and the crave in him should have showed
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
Enoquin: @villageboi...

LMAO...what else can I say? You are a true artist...one of the rare ones that can take criticism...people say I am hard to please but I tell them...no, convince me and please me...

Now, that you say everyone was inexperienced...I can't be too hard on them...

On an aside and in a whisper: you didn't need to make the actor appear less emotional after all (looks round) you english lot are naturally less emotional...it would have come naturally to the actor...

Now in a loud voice: but what if the actor had displayed emotions? Allowed us to feel his pain? I believe no matter how aloof, the anger at abandonment and the crave in him should have showed

Every artist should be able to take criticism even when it is very different from yours as in even much harsher. Yes the crew was very inexperienced but the simple truth is that is no excuse - the very second you share anything - then expect yabbing to be free for all. Afterall people do slag off big hollywood films - I do too.

Lol... English emotions? I beg the actor na JJC that had not too long ago landed from Naija. Even the 'Barman' - my friend that lives around the corner from me was better than this 'vastly experienced' guy. But then again with all honesty I will lay full blame on the 'director' - me. No worri, next time I'm going to release the full power of okomoko 'theartrical' acting on film teehee, giggle, chuckle! I think I'll just refer you to this thread hahahahaha - https://www.nairaland.com/1109100/unnecessary-screaming-shouting-nollywood-movies
The young shall grow, man go learn even if na by force lol.
Re: My New 'short' Film by Enoquin(f): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
Abeg oh...I can't stand the screams...reminds me of those low budget hollywood horror movies...where make-up, effect and storyline is zero...

Anyways, what I meant was that a progression would have been nice...aloof, caring a bit, carried away by the waves of emotions(climax) and then dropping back to indifference...just like Yanni's 'reflection of passion'...lol
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 8:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
Enoquin: Abeg oh...I can't stand the screams...reminds me of those low budget hollywood horror movies...where make-up, effect and storyline is zero...

Anyways, what I meant was that a progression would have been nice...aloof, caring a bit, carried away by the waves of emotions(climax) and then dropping back to indifference...just like Yanni's 'reflection of passion'...lol

I hear you, taken onboard.

But make I put you for horror movie so you too can scream nah? We can even go hyper-fx and use palm oil as blood too.
Re: My New 'short' Film by damseremie(m): 11:58pm On Nov 25, 2012
Una no go kill me... Nice comment Enoquin...
Omo..Having faced the "anything-that-can-go-wrong-will" thingy firsthand...i say Nice work...Despite a few niggles...
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 1:37am On Nov 26, 2012
damseremie: Una no go kill me... Nice comment Enoquin...
Omo..Having faced the "anything-that-can-go-wrong-will" thingy firsthand...i say Nice work...Despite a few niggles...

Hey bro na true nah. If we no use humour sometimes e go rough. Glad you liked the 'salvaged' film. Did iron out more than a few niggles ;-)
Re: My New 'short' Film by Enoquin(f): 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
damseremie: Una no go kill me... Nice comment Enoquin...

Hehehehe...thanks. Don't mind villageboi. Are you a DOP too or something else?
Re: My New 'short' Film by Orikinla(m): 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
If you have good short flicks, submit them to Afrinolly.
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
Orikinla: If you have good short flicks, submit them to Afrinolly.

Thanks, already did.
Re: My New 'short' Film by mudaber: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nice post I love to nairaland its and cool community I am sharing some useful links I hope you would like this sharing

urdu sms
play snow bros online
madani channel live
nude
kahani
desi kahani
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
mudaber: Nice post I love to nairaland its and cool community
urdu sms

Thank you Mudaber.
Re: My New 'short' Film by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
I just watched this....I will be back Villageboi.....I've got lots of queries grin
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
speedyboi: I just watched this....I will be back Villageboi.....I've got lots of queries grin

Teehee, people still dey watch this film? Ok make I go wear bullet-proof first for ya queries lol.

PS - I berra watch it again so I know half what I'm taking about when my a$$ dey for HOT seat hahahaha.
Re: My New 'short' Film by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
Villageboi.
This short is really nice. Nice cinematography, good sound....infact, you did well with the technical aspect.
But the actors *sighs*. I think the gurl is okay, but the other guy? undecided I just dey feel like make I give am hot slap! And the beginning was quite somehow. I guess you were portraying how waiters do when cleaning glasses and at the same time didn't want us to see the gurl's face (for reasons I don't understand), but I think It was not done well, waiters don't take their glasses up so slowly. It made me feel like......'what's this about? undecided'.

Then, to say the truth, the suspense in the flick didn't move me one bit! I don't know why. But generally, I think this is a great work.
I presume this is your first short, I will soon watch the rest of your short wink. Keep it up.
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 12:43am On Mar 22, 2013
speedyboi: Villageboi.
This short is really nice. Nice cinematography, good sound....infact, you did well with the technical aspect.
But the actors *sighs*. I think the gurl is okay, but the other guy? undecided I just dey feel like make I give am hot slap! And the beginning was quite somehow. I guess you were portraying how waiters do when cleaning glasses and at the same time didn't want us to see the gurl's face (for reasons I don't understand), but I think It was not done well, waiters don't take their glasses up so slowly. It made me feel like......'what's this about? undecided'.

Then, to say the truth, the suspense in the flick didn't move me one bit! I don't know why. But generally, I think this is a great work.
I presume this is your first short, I will soon watch the rest of your short wink. Keep it up.

Hey speedyBoi my brotha, thanks for watching my short. You saying nice cinematography and good sound is a bit better than I would have said which would have been "Ok'ish cinematography that is nothing to write home about and hmmmm that sound definitely had issues." Also because I was so involved in this film I know everything that went wrong and EVERYTHING did.

Oh the guy... what can I say? He is a friend and was the only person to audition for the role; we did have adverts all over the place but no Nigerian men turned up. Incidentaly of all the cast members he was the 'most experienced'. I was the director and have absolutely no excuses to give - wherever this film fails the full blame lies with me... it's that simple.

Yeah the 'glass shot'... that was a hard one to get. When you see any of the shots facing the barman you will see that there is practically zero space behind him and the mirror. For that shot I was behind him, arms around him controlling the camera that was on a monopod (as a tripod would never fit in there) could not see a thing - I was giving them cue directions, titling up and pulling focus by guess work while totally blind all at once - so I'm really happy how that shot turned out in only 2 takes, even though as you mentioned the timing is way off lol.

Ah, I did not want to show her face immediately to further signify that the barman couldn't see her at all. The only person that could see her was the 'man' and so I left it until he arrived for 'us' to join him in seeing her (face).

The truth is there are some films we like and some that we don't. The funny thing is I almost never posted it online as I absolutely hated this complete pain-in-the-a$$-all-gone-wrong film BUT I ended up liking it a lot because of the invaluable lessons I did learn. Fingers crossed one can only get better.
Re: My New 'short' Film by Ignatio(m): 4:41am On Mar 24, 2013
I just like the camera movement.
Re: My New 'short' Film by Parnassuss(m): 5:21am On Mar 24, 2013
Great job bro, its very artistic.
Re: My New 'short' Film by obowunmi(m): 5:33am On Mar 24, 2013
kudos smiley
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ignatio: I just like the camera movement.

Thanks a lot Ignatio, I wish we had even more camera movement.

Parnassuss: Great job bro, its very artistic.

Nice one Parn, I'm glad you liked it.

obowunmi: kudos smiley

Thank you Obowunmi. Totally working on the craft to get better.
Re: My New 'short' Film by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
VillageBoi:

Hey speedyBoi my brotha, thanks for watching my short. You saying nice cinematography and good sound is a bit better than I would have said which would have been "Ok'ish cinematography that is nothing to write home about and hmmmm that sound definitely had issues." Also because I was so involved in this film I know everything that went wrong and EVERYTHING did.

Oh the guy... what can I say? He is a friend and was the only person to audition for the role; we did have adverts all over the place but no Nigerian men turned up. Incidentaly of all the cast members he was the 'most experienced'. I was the director and have absolutely no excuses to give - wherever this film fails the full blame lies with me... it's that simple.

Yeah the 'glass shot'... that was a hard one to get. When you see any of the shots facing the barman you will see that there is practically zero space behind him and the mirror. For that shot I was behind him, arms around him controlling the camera that was on a monopod (as a tripod would never fit in there) could not see a thing - I was giving them cue directions, titling up and pulling focus by guess work while totally blind all at once - so I'm really happy how that shot turned out in only 2 takes, even though as you mentioned the timing is way off lol.

Ah, I did not want to show her face immediately to further signify that the barman couldn't see her at all. The only person that could see her was the 'man' and so I left it until he arrived for 'us' to join him in seeing her (face).

The truth is there are some films we like and some that we don't. The funny thing is I almost never posted it online as I absolutely hated this complete pain-in-the-a$$-all-gone-wrong film BUT I ended up liking it a lot because of the invaluable lessons I did learn. Fingers crossed one can only get better.

lol. Lemme first of all state; the cinematography wasn't bad at all. at the sametime, it wasn't breath taking. it was more than 'ok'ish as well. its just what i called it, nice smiley. the sound was so good, take that from me. I was reading the other comments just now and i found out the issues you had with sound. lol. omg!------------Villageboi, you know what? i feel like hugging you for a job well done! can you believe i didn't notice anything while watching. mehn! you did a perfect dubbing, mixing and syncing. Jeez!

I think the glass shot could've been perfect if edited properly with 'effects here or there to makeup for the production glitch.

You did a good job though. my only issue is with the casts and the story itself, maybe the scripting.
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 8:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
speedyboi:
lol. Lemme first of all state; the cinematography wasn't bad at all. at the sametime, it wasn't breath taking. it was more than 'ok'ish as well. its just what i called it, nice smiley. the sound was so good, take that from me. I was reading the other comments just now and i found out the issues you had with sound. lol. omg!------------Villageboi, you know what? i feel like hugging you for a job well done! can you believe i didn't notice anything while watching. mehn! you did a perfect dubbing, mixing and syncing. Jeez!

I think the glass shot could've been perfect if edited properly with 'effects here or there to makeup for the production glitch.

You did a good job though. my only issue is with the casts and the story itself, maybe the scripting.

You've said some really nice things there; thanks a lot for that. I think my biggest problem is I am my harshest critic. We had really awesome plans for this but since it all went wrong we just ended up not liking the film.

The best thing that came out of this project would be the 'learning' and that can never be taken away. Hopefully the next thing I do will be so much better grin

1 Like

Re: My New 'short' Film by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 14, 2013
Bump grin
Re: My New 'short' Film by VillageBoi(m): 8:03am On Aug 14, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Bump grin

I'm glad you've seen it wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TSTV Africa To Start Sales Of Decoders From Monday / Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value / What Are Your Best Christmas Movies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.