Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,550 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:48 PM

Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? (7795 Views)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? / Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by justcool(m): 9:15am On May 16, 2012
@Newman4u

I percieve you found the answer to your puzzle and hence I dont need to treat it here. If I'm wrong let me know.

Remain blessed.
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by DeepSight(m): 12:38am On May 23, 2012
There were some very disturbing posts in this thread.
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by justcool(m): 10:36am On May 23, 2012
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by justcool(m): 10:37am On May 23, 2012
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by justcool(m): 10:52am On May 23, 2012
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by justcool(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2012
Deep Sight:
There were some very disturbing posts in this thread.
Granted that so many things that I said here, especially on the issue of racial interbreeding, challenges the popular view; but I’m not here to win the popular vote.
In many views, we humans have deviated so much from the Truth that, the Truth sound disturbing, offensive and irksome to us. Hence disciples of the Truth are hardly ever popular on earth.
This is why I try not to indulge or wallow in praises, acclaims, and approvals that I receive from readers. I strive to be indifferent of what readers think of my posts. One can’t have two masters!
You are very welcome to accept or reject anything that I say; either way is perfectly fine with me. You can always count on my love, friendship and respect…
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by DeepSight(m): 6:51pm On May 23, 2012
justcool:
Granted that so many things that I said here, especially on the issue of racial interbreeding, challenges the popular view; but I’m not here to win the popular vote.

I couldn't agree more.

In many views, we humans have deviated so much from the Truth that, the Truth sound disturbing, offensive and irksome to us. Hence disciples of the Truth are hardly ever popular on earth.

Again, I agree, but you must surely also agree that there are some very basic strands of human conscience that enable the majority to readily recognize basic truth on good and evil. For example in any random selection of human beings from any parts of the world the overwhelming majority would agree and recognise such things as murder, r@pe, theft, robbery, lying, and cheating to be morally wrong. As such even though mankind have sunk spiritually, the overall conscience of mankind is not dead. It still remains, and it readily recognises the most basic and simple evils. One such evil that I think the common conscience today readily recognises is that of rascism.

And while I know you have not sought to promote racism, i simply commented that these comments could be disturbing because they could find fertile soil in the minds of many people who are inclined towards rascism and may thereby even begin to conceive of their prejudices as being noble. As history shows, such notions have often been at the bottom of acts such as genocide and ethnic cleansing.

As such, your intention may be one thing, but the result of the teaching may be another.

You can always count on my love, friendship and respect…

I soooooo know this! And it always makes me very delighted! You know you can always count on mine!

Remain blessed!
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by DeepSight(m): 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
I saw again documentaries where people believed in the nobility of their racially-segregationist causes. This is my fear and concern. More on this later.
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by PastorAIO: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2012
Funny, after some months of growing, learning, and reflections, I find myself coming closer to Justcool's position. While I wouldn't quite say that German people are spiritually superior to others, I would say that they are CULTURALLY superior to some others. But no, that doesn't really convey what I mean. I would say rather that German culture is Younger, more vigorous than the other european cultures which are older and more decrepit. I do think that there is a connection between culture and a people's spiritual condition. I also believe that cultures go through a process whereby they start of young and full of vigour and creativity and then end up bankrupt of meaning and impetus after they become old. (I believe a lot of west african cultures are in that decrepit stage and have been for a few centuries).

I believe the key is not genetic but cultural and that it is culture that shapes a People and not their genes.

The very things that I said that seemed to be an attack on the German manner are actually products of that youthfulness. The brashness, the competitiveness etc. Other writers had noticed it before. I believe Nietzsche referred to it a lot. (at least in my understanding of Nietzsche. )

1 Like

Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by DeepSight(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
Again, my conscience remains pepertually troubled by the memory of this thread.

Justcool, given your assertions on this thread, would you equally say that the "notion" behind something such as apartheid, was a "noble prompting".

Was the notion behind segregation in the US also a "noble prompting?"
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by DeepSight(m): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
Pastor AIO: Funny, after some months of growing, learning, and reflections, I find myself coming closer to Justcool's position. While I wouldn't quite say that German people are spiritually superior to others, I would say that they are CULTURALLY superior to some others. But no, that doesn't really convey what I mean. I would say rather that German culture is Younger, more vigorous than the other european cultures which are older and more decrepit. I do think that there is a connection between culture and a people's spiritual condition. I also believe that cultures go through a process whereby they start of young and full of vigour and creativity and then end up bankrupt of meaning and impetus after they become old. (I believe a lot of west african cultures are in that decrepit stage and have been for a few centuries).

I believe the key is not genetic but cultural and that it is culture that shapes a People and not their genes.

The very things that I said that seemed to be an attack on the German manner are actually products of that youthfulness. The brashness, the competitiveness etc. Other writers had noticed it before. I believe Nietzsche referred to it a lot. (at least in my understanding of Nietzsche. )

Please sha remember as you make this statement, the distinction you earlier made between Germany as a nation today and Germanic Peoples as a whole. . . . . . . who are not exactly culturally "young". . . . .
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by DeepSight(m): 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
Pastor AIO: Funny, after some months of growing, learning, and reflections, I find myself coming closer to Justcool's position. While I wouldn't quite say that German people are spiritually superior to others, I would say that they are CULTURALLY superior to some others. But no, that doesn't really convey what I mean. I would say rather that German culture is Younger, more vigorous than the other european cultures which are older and more decrepit. I do think that there is a connection between culture and a people's spiritual condition. I also believe that cultures go through a process whereby they start of young and full of vigour and creativity and then end up bankrupt of meaning and impetus after they become old. (I believe a lot of west african cultures are in that decrepit stage and have been for a few centuries).

And secondly let me add that this notion of a youthful culture actually contradicts Justcool's notion - which is that of the most developed culture. That presupposes advanced cultural age of some sort of the other.
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by PastorAIO: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
Deep Sight:

Please sha remember as you make this statement, the distinction you earlier made between Germany as a nation today and Germanic Peoples as a whole. . . . . . . who are not exactly culturally "young". . . . .

I don't have time to go into this fully right now, maybe over the next couple of days I'll get round to it. I see western european culture as an interaction between 2 cultural strands, one decadent and the other robust. I identify these as the Latin culture and the Germanic culture. The mix of the two are what make up western european culture. (this is not a standard academic notion, but rather a product of my own observations).

Latin culture comes from the remnant of the Western Roman Empire that once included Italy, Spain, France, England (up to Hadrian's wall), and North Africa, and had it's natural boundaries at the Rhine River to the east and the Danube river. When it was the Full Roman empire it was all the land that surrounded the Mediterranean sea. In fact they used to boast that the Mediterranean was Rome's private lake.

Beyond the Rhine and the Danube were the barbarians, Germania. When the Western Roman empire began to decay the barbarians seized the opportunity. The Saxons (a germanic tribe) crossed the channel and attacked england. They and the Angles. They pushed the Romans (called Britons) all the way back to Wales. The welsh are in fact tbe true indigenes of Britain. The people we call english today were mostly invaders.

The Franks, another germanic people, invaded France and took that over. The lombards invaded Northern Italy and took that over. The Vandals invaded north Africa and took that over. etc etc etc.

That is why I didn't accept the idea of a special German nation. Most of these western europeans are germanic, albeit mixed with Latins. Even the Germans in modern day Germany are mixed with various other tribes. The French are of germanic stock, the English too, and the Northern italians, and even some North africans (mixed with arab and other bits too). Personally I do not think that there is any such thing as a pure race of peoples.

I'll have to get into what I think is a young culture as opposed to a decrepit culture at some later time. All I want to say is that at the fall of the Western Roman Empire the result was a mix of Roman Latin culture and an influx of A fresher more vigorous Germanic/barbaric culture.

1 Like

Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by PastorAIO: 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
Deep Sight:

And secondly let me add that this notion of a youthful culture actually contradicts Justcool's notion - which is that of the most developed culture. That presupposes advanced cultural age of some sort of the other.

I never said that Justcool and I had the same position. I said that I felt that I was coming closer to his position.

When you say 'developed' then that suggests a process that requires time. However I am not talking about cultural history as a linear phenomenon but rather as a cyclical phenomenon.

1 Like

Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by DeepSight(m): 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pastor AIO:

I don't have time to go into this fully right now, maybe over the next couple of days I'll get round to it. I see western european culture as an interaction between 2 cultural strands, one decadent and the other robust. I identify these as the Latin culture and the Germanic culture. The mix of the two are what make up western european culture. (this is not a standard academic notion, but rather a product of my own observations).

Latin culture comes from the remnant of the Western Roman Empire that once included Italy, Spain, France, England (up to Hadrian's wall), and North Africa, and had it's natural boundaries at the Rhine River to the east and the Danube river. When it was the Full Roman empire it was all the land that surrounded the Mediterranean sea. In fact they used to boast that the Mediterranean was Rome's private lake.

Beyond the Rhine and the Danube were the barbarians, Germania. When the Western Roman empire began to decay the barbarians seized the opportunity. The Saxons (a germanic tribe) crossed the channel and attacked england. They and the Angles. They pushed the Romans (called Britons) all the way back to Wales. The welsh are in fact tbe true indigenes of Britain. The people we call english today were mostly invaders.

The Franks, another germanic people, invaded France and took that over. The lombards invaded Northern Italy and took that over. The Vandals invaded north Africa and took that over. etc etc etc.

That is why I didn't accept the idea of a special German nation. Most of these western europeans are germanic, albeit mixed with Latins. Even the Germans in modern day Germany are mixed with various other tribes. The French are of germanic stock, the English too, and the Northern italians, and even some North africans (mixed with arab and other bits too). Personally I do not think that there is any such thing as a pure race of peoples.

I'll have to get into what I think is a young culture as opposed to a decrepit culture at some later time. All I want to say is that at the fall of the Western Roman Empire the result was a mix of Roman Latin culture and an influx of A fresher more vigorous Germanic/barbaric culture.

Fair enough. And this is why i think justcool's position in this matter is rather utopian and cannot be acheived: not that if it could be acheived, i would support it: no: I regard it as a very dangerous teaching which would have terrible implications for the free expression of love and harmony amongst humanity.

I'm still watching that series on the 2nd world war, and I must repeat yet again that Hitler being a "called one" would make an absolute mockery of Divine plan and divine omniscience. A total mockery. Also, the "volition" which caused the separatist barbarisms could never be pure volitions whatsoever. They are manifestly divisive, dark, and hate inspired volitions.
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by DeepSight(m): 9:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pastor AIO:

I never said that Justcool and I had the same position. I said that I felt that I was coming closer to his position.

When you say 'developed' then that suggests a process that requires time. However I am not talking about cultural history as a linear phenomenon but rather as a cyclical phenomenon.

You and this linear vs cyclical thing sha. Aite.
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by UncleCharles: 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
Pastor AIO:

A process that requires time doesnot mean that the older is better, the younger may well be especially when you are looking at it as a "cyclical phenomenon"
Re: Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? by PastorAIO: 2:35am On Oct 19, 2012
Uncle Charles:

A process that requires time doesnot mean that the older is better, the younger may well be especially when you are looking at it as a "cyclical phenomenon"

Yes, it does not mean that older is better or vice versa. even the apparent development towards 'better' will develop towards returning to initial conditions eventually.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense / If All Human Evolves From Ape, Why Then Do We Have Apes In Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.