Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,002 members, 7,806,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call (16125 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Our People Don Come Again O.....GEJ Call To GMB / Open Letter To President GEJ: Call Governor T.A Orji Of Abia State To Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by PeeDaVinci: 6:07pm On Feb 08, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/ribadu/posts/10150680976712873

When the Nation Calls

I was greeted to numerous calls and mail yesterday when the administration announced my name as Chairman of the 21-man Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force.

Given my recent political pedigree, many inquirers naturally wanted to understand what was happening, and whether it was true that I was consulted and whether I would accept the offer.

The history of my life is a history of public service, and if we cast an honest look to the recent protests in the wake of the oil subsidy removal, it will be clear to all that the biggest single victory Nigerians scored was to put the question of corruption squarely back on the top of our national policy agenda.

Regardless of our affiliations, our differences, and our engagements, it is at least safe to say that we have a national consensus on the deadly impact of corruption on our march to greatness, and on the capacity of our people, particularly the youth, to earn a decent, promising, life.

If we would effectively isolate and defeat this scourge therefore, we must all see it as a preeminent national security threat. We must see it as a war within our borders, a war that has assumed a systemic and endemic character, but to which all must now urgently enlist with our different capacities, or accept to all go down with the ship.

At this point in my life, it is also easy to answer the honest question if it is inappropriate to invest my modest talents and capabilities to my country what I have readily offered many foreign communities, from sister nations in Africa to far flung places like Afghanistan. This, if nothing, makes my decision very personal, freeing all affiliations [social and political] of complicity, but investing the decision also with the unique character that when people reach evaluations in favour of their larger communities, it doesn’t necessarily blemish their moral identity.

This therefore is a national call. In answering it, I go back to the template of my own parents who taught me that honest public service is the greatest asset a person can offer his community. It was the same lesson I learnt from his biographical example when my own father returned home as a federal legislator in Lagos to take job as a local council official in Yola—it is all about the community, and it is sometimes bigger than our personal egos.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Novice1(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2012
Why all the grammar? Just say you have "come to chop", Nigerian politician style-- AGIP (Any Govt In Power) syndrome.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
cheesy LOL, i tire o!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2012
Ok go in and be brain washed i don talk my own
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2012
Novice1:

Why all the grammar? Just say you have "come to chop", Nigerian politician style-- AGIP (Any Govt In Power) syndrome.

Me too tire, he wan confuse people wey no go school with those grammer  grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by duni04(m): 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
Novice1:

grin grin grin
Lol, Thank you very much joor. Abi na the guy has gone to chop and is hammering us with unnecessary grammar.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by efisher(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2012
Bravo! Well done patriot.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by n2k(m): 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2012
nice one.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by egift(m): 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2012
I just hope he is not coming to sock like Madam Ngozi in this mess. What these politicians do best is to push through their corrupt intentions on the back of men with better integrity.

And when they sink in the mess, you just end up burning your good name for nothing. I hope Ribadu will know when to jump out.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by tlops(m): 6:38pm On Feb 08, 2012
what would you expect him to do? he tried to justify his acceptance of the call. Congrats Nuhu Ribadu!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2012
hahahahaha, i laugh in AGIP
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Raxxye(m): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2012
Novice1:

That's not a fair comment on Ribadu. We know this guy. His credibilty is not in doubt. Even though it's ur personal opinion to which you are entitled, you've got to be a little more objective.
Thanks Ribadu. Just get 2 work
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by MAYOWAAK: 6:45pm On Feb 08, 2012
Nuhu Ribadu is holding a poisoned chalice.He should not head a taskforce under a corrupt minister in a corrupt govt. He recommendations are still subject to the minister's whims and caprices.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by geosegun(m): 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2012
Good one Ribadu.
If you need someone to assist in fighting this endemic disease called corruption.
BECKON ON ME TOO, I AM READY TO PLAY MY PART.

HISTORY WILL ASK YOU WHAT YOU HAVE DONE DURING YOUR HAY DAYS.
I BET YOU HAVE MUCH MORE TO NARRATE.
INDEED, NURU, YOU ARE A TRUE PATRIOT!!!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by honeric01(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2012
Maybe he knows he can never become the president again, beginning of the end to your journey to aso rock!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by lifestyle1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
Let wait and see the magic he will perform. undecided
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by rareman(m): 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2012
ok now! Beyond all the grammar let's see how it goes.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2012
Shame on you Ribadu if you accept this from the Corrupt GEJ. Where is Gbawe when you need him?

I expect you to reject this from GEJ, to send a strong message to his increasingly corrupt government. You see how Okonjo Iweala compromised herself? Well we all know that one is on her own dangerous mission from IMF. But you? Associating with GEJ is doom and failure. You wont see it now , if you havent been seeing it, but later you will see it and you will bite your tongue.

If you accept this, i'll know you are just another selfish baastard, because the common nigerian will never feel your impact, so you are just going there to collect your own share before it's too late.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by obamamate: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2012
Did he ever tell you he was hungry before?
Ribadu is an exemplary Nigerian
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by baduks(m): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2012
Nuhu Ribadu is officially welcomed to PDP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by efisher(m): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2012
To those of you who wanted him to reject the offer: IN YOUR FACES!!!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Arupu: 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2012
Na wa oh!dogo turenchi fr malam
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by MuNeme(m): 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2012
A good response from Nuhu himself,
Well crafted and brilliantly chosen words. Our problem's that we have a lot of cynics here and I guess they'll all be dead disappointed he didn't turn down the appointment.
I pray he delivers as always.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by ASL33: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hahahahah ACN presidential candidate taking job from Corrupt PDP government yet some people are brainwashed to be;eive that ACN is better than PDP. When the president of a country seeks asylum in another country what will be said about the entire citizen of that country.

Gbawe, eko ile, Dayokanu, and others una president don jump ship ooh.

Breaking News: David Cameron has appointed Ed Miliband head Anti-Terrorism Committee tongue tongue
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by gulfer: 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2012
If I was Ribadu, i will use the opportunity to demand the resignation of the known corrupt ministers in GEJ's cabinet before accepting to serve. If this government goes down in terms of achievement, then he too goes down.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by Afam4eva(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
All of them na thief thief. he only has himself to fool. You want to work for the same government you rubbished. Biko, go and chop your own national cake and stop blowing hot air.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by gentleoyink: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
"the reason why we reject subsidy removal is because the system is corrupt, " "fight corruption instead of/before removing subsidy".
The Presido has now decided to call in one of his major critics and also one with proven integrity to asist in the fight aginst corruption in the sector. Here are some people sayong Ribadu should not accept.why are people this wicked?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by UyiIredia(m): 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2012
I dey laff! grin grin grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by kizias: 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2012
Nairalanders, nigeria is our own and any opposition can make the difference. Uncle GEJ is tired of his own guys(PDP) and SO MAYBE HE NEED A CHANGE. Let's see what Ribadu can do though no one has been arrested since the probe started. Hope this will not be another oputa panel
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by johhnnie(m): 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2012
If all faithful men stay off politics, then, i fear to say that we'll always be in doldrums.
Let him take the job with the right motive. At least, he has the pedigree. We can all be spectators and we can't all be players. At every point in time, things have to be fixed. We need to take steps. If we wait for all the coasts to clear, then we would wait in vain. Show us any better qualified/dogged youthful Nigeria whose antecedence will also be timely if not This guy.  he's got the network, the training, the requisite knowledge, experience , wisdom and exposure that will take long to acquire.
Ask every employer of labour and they will tell you that an already groomed, yet malleable hand, is more efficient and cost effective.
Don't let us put the score before the card.

Let us accord him both a level playing field and the benefit of doubt.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by gaddafe(m): 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2012
Lets call a spade, a spade. How do you expect the public to see someone working for a govt he vehemently criticised?

Now this is why i love GEJ. He keeps appointing people with proven integrity. I just hope Nuhu Ribadu has not Fu, c ked himself up by receiving this appointment.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu's Response to GEJ's call by GboyegaD(m): 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2012
So funny Ribadu wrote all this grammar just to justify his accepting the position. I pray he doesn't end like Tai Solarin in the days of the People's Bank because I do not see how he wants to work with corrupt government and corrupt people and yet fight them to standstill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Vow To Attack South South Part Of Nigeria / Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders / How Gbenga Daniel’s Defection May Shape APC, PDP In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.