Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,470 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:57 PM

Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale (7751 Views)

Neatly Used 2000 Mercedes Benz E300 600k / Toks 05 Camry(4plugs) & An 05 Benz E300(4plugs)in Phc Cal 08169247564 / Acura Zdx 2010, Mercedes Benz E350 2011 and Mercedes Benz E300 2009 (2) For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by viperman: 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2007
Fresh from the ports, this non-nigerian used Mercedes benz V-boot(a.k.a Merci oloye grin ) is up for a good fixed price sale of 400k

The options are factory fitted A/C and all, see below for yourself.

Brought in from the c-ports, we had to use a random plate number so as to avoid lagos police bribes grin

Never mind the mud-stains, rainy day it was and the route was full of mud.

the powerful Benz engine, benz for life! cool

if interested, call me on 08068097693 or email on lexfrosty @ yahoo.com
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 12:09am On Oct 20, 2007
Just out of curiosity - what is this engine called? This isn't the M103.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by sultaan(m): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2007
Probably the3.0 I6. I didn't knowMercedes used inline engines and I have not seen a carburated engine in a while.This is a good argin for those looking for cars for less than 500k.Service and parts for '89/'90 Benz shouldn't be too difficult.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2007
that chassis number were e series not e classes.  For example, 200E or 260E not E200 or so.  Those are euro specs and I want to believe the 6 cylinders (if I'm right through the manifolds counted) were either 260 or 280.  The e next to the number stands for fuel injector (einspritzung).  1998, E classes adopted the V format 6 cylinder engine.  E300's for W124 chassis were all diesel.

Maintenance for this vehicle will be extremely minimal and wouldn't run as hot as the models sold here in the U.S. There is actually no space in the hood of the american version.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Easybaby(f): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2007
Fresh from the ports, this non-nigerian used Mercedes benz V-boot(a.k.a Merci oloye ) is up for a good fixed price sale of 400k

where is this car located? Am inerested to buy it
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by viperman: 10:20am On Oct 22, 2007
Hi easybaby,

The car is located in my house at isolo, lagos.
If you're really interested give me a call so you can come pick it up on saturday.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Easybaby(f): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2007
I will pay 300k
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by viperman: 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2007
the funny thing is that my cousin who owns it was mad at me when he learnt i was marketing it for 400k, he initially pegged 480k on it as a minimum sale price. So me going to tell him anything less than 400k will be looking for obvious trouble grin
Sorry 300k can't do, 399k even wont cut it for him.
I appreciate your bid though, money ain't easy.

cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Easybaby(f): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2007
ok, no problem
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by ometta2: 7:29am On Oct 23, 2007
[color=#000099][/color]. Nice one. The car appears to be very clean. Maybe you shuold give room for a little negotiation. consider Easy baby's offer.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 23, 2007
sultaan:

Probably the3.0 I6. I didn't knowMercedes used inline engines and[b] I have not seen a carburated engine in a while.[/b]This is a good argin for those looking for cars for less than 500k.Service and parts for '89/'90 Benz shouldn't be too difficult.

Sultaan, it's not carburetted. It's Bosch KE-Jetronic (CIS). Mercedes of that era pre-EFI ran this set-up, it does initially look like a carb-fed motor, but under the filter assembly is the air-flow meter / fuel distributor. The hole visible in the top of the filter assembly leads to the CO adjuster, that raises and lowers the sensor plate, accessible with a 3mm long allen key.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by akinalabi(m): 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2007
Siena:

Sultaan, it's not carburetted. It's Bosch KE-Jetronic (CIS). Mercedes of that era pre-EFI ran this set-up, it does initially look like a carb-fed motor, but under the filter assembly is the air-flow meter / fuel distributor. The hole visible in the top of the filter assembly leads to the CO adjuster, that raises and lowers the sensor plate, accessible with a 3mm long allen key.

Some people sure know about cars.

That sounded like Greek to me. shocked

Cheers,

Akin Alabi
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2007
Sienna,

Look carefully, this is the carb version.  The duct that you are referring to are slimmer and cuts across the 3/4 through the engine.  I don't know what the injector duct (or canal) is called.  The engine too has a lot more component than this picture shown.  This is not a continous injection system as CIS's are mechanical fuel injectors that are assisted electronically.  The engine type you are referring to is an M103 which is a right inclinated L6 engine with 2 valves a cylinder and notorious for oil leaks.  This definitely isn't it for this W124 chassis.  This carburetor model never made the United States.  It's probably the 2.6L engine.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by sultaan(m): 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2007
I guess by now you'll all know I'm not technically inclined when it comes to cars. My experience was with my dad's '79 Volvo 244, '83 Benz 250, and my uncle's '87 civic.

I just know that if I see a big metal box for air filter it usually on top of a caburator. and I can't se a fuel injector/rail lines going into the engine. Thats my .02
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2007
Sultaan,

It's all technical.  There is nothing complicated.  All that was done was to detail the design by name.  It gets complicated or termed engineering when you have to design, differentiate/integrate, use principles to understand and fashion process.  Bringing ideas and using engineering disciplines to bring to existence is what you call complicated. 

No doubt, this is a carburetor.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by viperman: 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2007
lol, see as these people dey here dey analyze motor instead make them buy the thing grin
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ Ivvie: That is definitely a fuel-injected model. Carburettor versions don't have the CO adjustment screw accessible through the top of the air filter assembly (towards the rear left in picture).

Carburettor models have the CO adjustment screw at the lower rear of the carb, facing the firewall.

It is a mechanical injection motor, #1 injector is just visible at the front of the cylinder head, between the rocker box and the air filter assembly, in front of the dipstick.

With the tell tale rigid pipe connection, which leads to the fuel distributor, under the filter assembly. Carburettor versions also have a different intake manifold. I've worked on enough of these cars to know.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2007
Viperman,

Don't you like us perching on your threads?  Don't drive your fans away.   smiley wink cheesy

Just Joking!
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2007
You are awesome. smiley wink My colleague just collaborated your conclusion at glance.

I thought the Carbs were designed like that because they had a recirculating exhaust system. We learn things everyday.

Thumbs up!
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by sultaan(m): 4:35am On Oct 24, 2007
Viperman, I personally do not like Mercedes because they are over rated. To me its "old money" car. If I get money to spend on car I'll get a C6 Corvette or a Caddy.

Siena, well good job at leat someone can put me inline when I go on my delirious rants grin wink. All I know was caburated engines-> EFI  I missed everything else in between while taking molues between Agege and Oshodi(Y'oshod)

God help those buying these modern used cars, there is a lot to know and before you finish learning, technology don move to the next thing.

By the way does anyone knows what type of fuel(or octane rating) used in Naija. I was told in high school it was leaded fuel.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2007
sultaan:

By the way does anyone knows what type of fuel(or octane rating) used in Naija. I was told in high school it was leaded fuel.

Yes, fuel in Nigeria is leaded. Not sure what RON number it is though, I'd presume between 87 and 91.

In the UK, it's 95, 97, 98 and 99.

98/99 is great for the kind of engines I build.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by viperman: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2007
lol @ ivvie
make una enjoy oo.
I'm enjoying the conversation grin
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by sultaan(m): 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2007
So basically no american spec cars should be used in naija; it specifically requires unleaded fuel.
Where is Nigeria importing leaded fuel from since most of the developed, and undeveloped countries capable of refining fuel used unleaded.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2007
sultaan:

So basically no american spec cars should be used in naija; it specifically requires unleaded fuel.
Where is Nigeria importing leaded fuel from since most of the developed, and undeveloped countries capable of refining fuel used unleaded.

Leaded fuel is fine for US-spec cars, as long as they're being used in Nigeria. The engines have no issues with lead, if the car has a three-way catalytic converter, with lambda control, the lead just renders them inoperative.

The solution in Nigeria is to gut the cats - i.e cut them open, remove the core, then weld them closed. Or easier, remove them, and replace with a section of piping of the correct diameter.

As for the lambda sond, it's not just a case of removing them, the ECU needs the signal for the engine to run at it's optimum. But, there are lambda probes designed specifically for leaded fuel, so it's not all bad.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 2:30am On Oct 25, 2007
I disagree that leaded gasoline.  Nigeria does not use leaded gasoline.  Do you know what that means?  It'll be like Mexico with lead in the air and people falling sick with all those lead hydrocarbons. The traffic conjestion from my understanding is terrible in Lagos and imagine wastes from those tail-pipes on a daily basis. As for diesel, I know they mix it with paraffin oil to cut diesel expenses.  Gasonline sold in Nigeria is purer than what's sold in the US. excepts for places like Los Angeles.  Nigeria's sulphur contents isn't as high as what we purchase here.  Nigeria's grade of gasoline is 85.  Cars that run on regular are built with a lot less octane than what the minimum states at the pump.  You put lead in a car not designed for lead, the engine pro ignites and you'd knock that vehicle.  Nigeria's fuel is cleaner with less sulphur and no ethanol.  Ethanol burns invisible flame and reduces your gas mileage

Mercedes Benzes built for the United States will not take regular grade gasoline is you don't retard thetiming a few degrees.  You are seriousluy going to have problems beyond knocks and pings.

Wow, I never knew they made 97 - 99 grade of gasoline.  There must be a lot more to prevent explosion in those vehicles.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 3:06am On Oct 25, 2007
@Sultaan

All the technology we see today, learn and so what not are old and obsolete.  An American made a car that runs on water, 100 mile to almost a gallon with extreme performance.   This he did by splitting or fracturing water into H - O - H.  They have been fighting it since '83.  He was offered billions of dollars to keep his mouth shut by automotive companies, the Sultaan of Bru, pentagon and other elitical association.  In '98, he is dead, mysteriously.  48 of his patents were in his name.  Inventions vanishes!  It's a long, sad story but true.  A few years later, all this mess about gasoline, Iraq and auto business wailing.  A godly Christian that put God in all his invention and innocently said he wanted to make life better for Americans and the rest of the world.  The rockets that goes to the moon too will need a few gallons of water to operate.  The by-product of his invention was pure drinking water (exhaust waste).  Group of Christians are fighting to have this used as standard.  The patents could be gotten from a University computer with US-PATENT access subscription for your evaluation.  He had started developing kits that could convert any gasoline car to water and the kit's about the size of a master brake cylinder of a typical car.  The man had a meeting in the Pentagon with Exxon and other officials and that evening, he is dead.  People immediately ran to his home and all the documents and inventions were gone.

If you remember in the mid 90's there were cars that ran on electricity.  Those cars full throttled from a stand-still impressively.  A few months later, GM ensured that they were phased off.  They'd require almost no maintenance.  I won't go any further on this thread.  Another post would have to be made. 

There is nothing new today. All we are seeing is the use of drive-by-wires (electrical engineering) integrated into the mechanics of automotive engineering. Nothing fools me anymore. All the hybrid engines are fronts and jokes deviced to manipulate the society into depending on the so-called corporations.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by sultaan(m): 7:28am On Oct 25, 2007
This video explains everthing we've been talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbVY5teBzlg

You'll need to be technically inclined to understand the training video.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 25, 2007
Lead actually reduces detonation in an engine. But, modern unleaded fuels have lead replacement additives, that are clean, yet still offer good valve seat protection.

A higher octane rating allows engines to run with more advance, not less. If turbocharged, boost levels can also be higher, low octane fuel will work fine, as long as sustained high engine loads and rpm are not held regularly. Otherwise, I map my clients cars accordingly, 99 RON fuel is more expensive, so some prefer the much cheaper 95.

Running a high compression engine on lower octane fuel will raise thermal temperatures, and there's a greater chance of detonation, though in modern vehicles, the EMS will detect the dreaded "pinging" way before the human ear can, and retard the ignition timing accordingly. The result though is a slight loss of performance, but not really noticeable in normal driving conditions.

A couple of Audi RS6 engines I built for a client, destined for use in South Africa are running happily on leaded. With leaded oxygen sensors (Lambda Sonds).

Lead's no good for the environment, but it was a cheaper way of protecting older engines against VSR (valve seat recession) and raising the octane rating of fuel.

In Japan, the octane rating's even higher, typically about 110 RON. Which is why there were a spate of Japanese-spec Nissan Skylines, Subaru Imprezza and Mitsubishi Lancer EVO in the UK that suffered engine failure a few years ago. Our "lower" octane fuel wasn't enough to sustain these engines in high states of tune, and most were rebuilt, and mapped for 97 RON minimum. Yes, engine management systems WILL compensate to a certain degree, but if the differences are too great, over time, burnt exhaust valves, and melted pistons will result.

Sorry Viperman, again I'm way off topic!
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2007
A car that runs completely on water.

Today's dealerships don't understand those principles. They are basically techs and not mechanics. A dealership might have only one mechanic. They simply figure and replace parts. When you have a major problem, they loan you a car and tell you that their engineers would diagnose or have it taken care of. More often than not, they are never able to duplicate the problem. Gone are the days when parts and components were fixed instead of replacements. That is what you call knowledge as power. Mechanics are well rounded. Techs follow directives and cannot think beyond service manuals and directives. Globalalisation indeed!
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by Ivvie: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2007
@Sienna

That must be a serious concept controlling the burn on those octane's you are talking about to avoid detonation. America wouldn't even go that far because of emmissions and streel laws.
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by zignorr(m): 10:34am On Oct 28, 2007
@viperman . . .you mean the car is tokunbo? if yes, I will like to come and see the car cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale by viperman: 8:41am On Oct 29, 2007
@Zignorr

yea it is. If u would want to come see it call me on my celly-number smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

+++++++++Tramigo Vehicle Tracker To Secure Your Cars+++++++++ / Michelin Vs Pirelli Vs Dunlop / Inspired Autos Presents the ALL NEW 2012 TOYOTA CAMRY XLE FOR SALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.