Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager (7402 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Please Stand Up For Fabio Capello / Beckham Vs Fabio Capello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by mukina2: 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2012
The commentator for Mali -CIV said he did.

Sky Sports @SkySports
BREAKING - Fabio Capello has resigned as England manager. We'll bring you more shortly,
https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/167328256620638209
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by dayokanu(m): 8:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
Where you see the news Alhaja
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by coogar: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2012
it's true. . . .

rio ferdinand just confirmed it to me.
john terry's racial slur has undone england again.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by dayokanu(m): 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2012
A friend just sent an email like that
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by mukina2: 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Where you see the news Alhaja
i get news nor try me cool grin
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Afam4eva(m): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2012
The English team is a failure. No coach on the world can save them. They have average players with ridiculous talents. What else can i say.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by coogar: 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2012
this is a complete clusterfuck. . . .

now who takes the mantle now? redknapp or arsene wenger? grin grin
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by dayokanu(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2012
Fabio Capello has resigned as England manager with the European Championships just four months away.

The Italian took the decision following a meeting with chairman of the Football Association David Bernstein at Wembley earlier today.

Capello is believed to have been angered by the FA's decision to strip John Terry of the England captaincy and made his feelings public on Italian television on Sunday.

"I would like to stress that during today's meeting and throughout his time as England manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner," said Bernstein.

"We have accepted Fabio's resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future."

Capello had been due to step down from the position following the conclusion of the upcoming tournament.

The FA will be holding a press conference at 12pm tomorrow afternoon

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/england/news/fabio-capello-resigns-as-england-manager_15965.html
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by mukina2: 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2012
coogar:

this is a complete clusterfuck. . . .

now who takes the mantle now? redknapp or arsene wenger? grin grin
'ary popeye  grin
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by hustla242: 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2012
The English team is full of plonkers anyways, same with the  FA- playing judge and jury over the Terry issue. Inter, AC, Juve, ManCity, Madrid, and possibly Chelsea will all have vacancies for next season- I'm sure you'll be back to work soon Mr. Capello.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by manmustwac(m): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2012
Just heard the news on radio 5 live here in London. He resigned about 20 mins ago.

Mukina you fast oooooooh. I wan start this topic but you beat me to it  smiley
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by coogar: 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2012
mukina2:

'ary popeye  grin

capello is a w@nker though. . . . .what's his obsession with john terry anyway?
i am sure some hoodlums would be visiting terry soon. . . .typical!
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by drmoney: 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2012
Just confirmed from goal.com now.
Not much is known for now as per details, but the allusion is that of John Terry's captaincy row.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Xlad(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2012
Let him f.uck to hell,
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by godfadda6(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2012
Capello quits as England manager
Fabio Capello has resigned as England manager, the Football Association has confirmed.

Capello resigned after a meeting with FA chairman David Bernstein and general secretary Alex Horne at Wembley.

An FA statement read: "The Football Association can confirm that Fabio Capello has today resigned as England manager."

On Monday, the Italian publicly challenged the FA's decision to strip John Terry of the captaincy.

The FA's statement continued: "The discussions focused on the FA Board's decision to remove the England team captaincy from John Terry, and Fabio Capello's response through an Italian broadcast interview.

"In a meeting for over an hour, Fabio's resignation was accepted and he will leave the post of England manager with immediate effect."

Bernstein said: "I would like to stress that during [the] meeting and throughout his time as England manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner.

"We have accepted Fabio's resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future."

A media conference with Bernstein and the Club England management team will take place at Wembley Stadium on Thursday at 1200 GMT.

The FA will not be making any further comment until the media conference.

source bbc.co.uk/football
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by terrykarl(m): 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2012
the guy probably forsee a disastrous outing for england in the championship,then decided to use the john terry issue as an alibi
my take?he came,he fought and was defeated.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by joshfash(m): 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2012
Confirmed!

m.skysports.com/article/sports//7497818
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by nwaneri(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
THe English team will suffer for it! They are filled with load of rubbish anyway.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by dayokanu(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
Capello take style avoid embarassment in Euro.

Na Rednapp go take over
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Roland17(m): 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2012
Its a confirmed story, the English FA is a big mess, he was not confided upon during the JT saga and i think that undermined his position as a manager, spuddies would be loosing Harry, as he is set to step up as the next England Manager.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by floriana(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2012
Capello resigned a multi-million dollar contract just because a little razist is being punished? He must be an eediot. Somehow all along, I was convinced the razist Terry will be Capello's undoing.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Challas(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Na Rednapp go take over
Where is my C.v?i've got to apply 4 d job!
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by fredoooooo: 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Na Rednapp go take over

sharpman grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Skii(m): 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2012
Its a ploy to slot Redknapp in once he was cleared of his tax evasion case
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Limaoscar: 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
I'm out here in cold-cold Leeds and it's been discussed on BBC-1 Channel. It's definitely true.

Whoever is blaming JT is just looking for an Excuse to smear him.

He's been charged yes, but let's wait for the evidence and verdit against him.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by coogar: 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2012
Roland17:

Its a confirmed story, the English FA is a big mess, he was not confided upon during the JT saga and i think that undermined his position as a manager, spuddies would be loosing Harry, as he is set to step up as the next England Manager.

capello is the disgrace.
the english fa did the right thing. . . .a man alleged to have used a racist remark should not be leading england into an european tournament when "kick racism out of football" is uefa's theme in these competitions.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by isalegan2: 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2012

That could be it.  Reminds me of when Mourinho quit Chelsea the day before going to Man.U's turf.  Perfect timing.  grin

They should never have hired Capello in the first place though.  Disgraceful that a country like England would hire a foreigner to manage their national team when there are innumerable Englishmen who are certified coaches and managers.  I don't even like when Nigeria or other successful African teams hire foreign managers.  I understand doing that in the last century, but not anymore.  

I maintain that the patriotic fervour does more to spur on a team more than the coach.  One example, and you can quibble with it if you want, is the Germany team at 2006 World Cup.  I saw how everyone was lauding Klinsmann.  I watched all their 2006 matches until they lost to Italy.  Klinsmann was a great player - I remember watching him in the another world cup tournament (I think 1994 or 98 - memory fuzzy) where Germany that impenetrable defense wall and they ended up winning the cup. But he was overrated as a coach/manager.  Germany outperformed because they were on home turf.  In the beginning, everyone knew he wasn't up to par, but as the team held on, people started giving him the credit.  Bull!

Point is, when possible, get your own countryman to lead.  Spain won the Euros in 2008 with that crotchety old racist guy and the same team, without him, won the World Cup 2 years later.  Del Bosque reaped rewards of the old man's work.

Isn't is true that no country has ever won the world cup with a foreign coach!  Correct me if that is wrong.  And the fortune they were paying that arrogant guy!  shocked  He was fired by Real Madrid, so why put all your hopes in him?  He campaigned like a sun of a gun for the post and made himself bigger than he was.  They're have done better hiring the Italo-Brazilian, Scolari, at the time.  England need to get their act together.

Nigeria better learn from this.  When it's our time, A Naija coach will be in charge.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by fredoooooo: 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2012
APPLICATION  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

CURRICULUM
Name :Fred
date of birth : june 12 1900
Nationality : Nigerian
Past teams : eyinmba , shooting stars ,stationary stores,rangers enugu,el kanemi warriors, Barcelona , bayern munich and Arsenal .
Matches : 1101 , win 1000 , draw 101 , loss 0
Personal team : Mukina2 ( assistant coach. She has high level of understanding of the game , even though her team didn’t win any cup , she knows how to deal with it ) , Dayokanu ( Physical trainer.A very good german trained physical trainer . team  totally guaranteed 100 % physical fitness )
Others: Any problem by the team , will be automatically treated on Nairaland as we have so many extra coaches , that work diligently with us , so success Is guaranteed , as you can see we have never suffer any match defeat in all our entire 1101 games played ,
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by montelik(m): 9:22pm On Feb 08, 2012
John Terry should follow his lead and retire from England duty, as well as Rio. At least gain something and clean d team of d entire stench, so there will be no more nonsense for papers to write.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2012
English national team is a failure, with or without Capello they will still be disgrace at euro
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by Roland17(m): 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2012
coogar:

capello is the disgrace.
the english fa did the right thing. . . .a man alleged to have used a racist remark should not be leading england into an european tournament when "kick racism out of football" is uefa's theme in these competitions.

Am not against JT being stripped off the Captains band, but i feel the English FA should have also involved Capello in his capacity as the Coach/Manager of the English National team in the whole process, England has just made their situation worse because they would still falter in the Euro's.
Re: Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager by GP15: 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2012
coogar:

capello is the disgrace.

What happened to Innocent until proven guilty

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Overated Player In The Premier League / Man Utd Vs Ac Milan 2nd Leg (4-0) (agg 7-2) / Manchester City Vs Norwich City (5 - 0) On 26th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.