Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Is There Any Black Saint? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Black Saint? (5169 Views)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? / Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Nigeria's First Saint Ordained By God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Black Saint? by Observer1: 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2012
To the christians and especially the catholics in the house.
I live in dublin ireland over here there are so many irish saints
e.g st patrick etc,this got me wondering if there has ever been
a black saint?,if yes,then tell us the name,if none,then please tell us why?
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by GreyBeard: 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
Yes. Saint Maurice was an indigenous African.
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Observer1: 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
is maurice an african name?.I need names like saint obi
but not the actor boy.
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by crossman9(m): 10:37pm On Feb 08, 2012
anyone who acepts christ becomes a saint in christ i know the catholic church makes them but the truth is this we are all saints in christ some more than others even those in christ embassy as bad as they are as a church
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by crossman9(m): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2012
ps the first pope was Emperor Constantine and Simon Magus was the real founder of the catholic church not like most think peter was the first pope
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Joagbaje(m): 10:59pm On Feb 08, 2012
I'm a black skinned saint
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by crossman9(m): 11:32pm On Feb 08, 2012
you are a saint your right we all are and yes you aswell  Joagbaje i am getting way to angry hope your ok

Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Joagbaje(m): 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2012
Insert Quote
. . .  Joagbaje i am getting way to angry hope your ok

Sometimes I don't understand your English o, i used to think youre a nigerian , what country are you from? are you using google translate?
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Lasinoh: 7:00am On Feb 09, 2012
You nefa get Cardinal Arinze as POPE for Vatican, OR YOUR FIRST BLACK BRITISH PRIME MINISTER FOR ENGLAND, you dey tok of "Black Saint"!
You tink say racism nor dey for Heaven?
Be prepared to pack shyte there too.cheesy
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Rich4god(m): 7:22am On Feb 09, 2012
In christianity, everyone is a saint, but in the catholic church there are some christians that the entire church honours with the title saint due to their dedication/selfless service to the church and people. With respect to your question, St Charles Lwanga is an African saint, from Uganda to be precise. And there are host of others.
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 09, 2012
^^^^^ , nice one.

Lasinoh, you no go kill person o,
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by bingbagbo(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
YES, SAINT OBI undecided undecided
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
Father Tansi is Canonized - he is already prepped to become a Saint. So Lasinoh can send his Prayers to him grin
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by ababda: 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2012
Observer1:

To the christians and especially the catholics in the house.
I live in dublin ireland over here there are so many irish saints
e.g st patrick etc,this got me wondering if there has ever been
a black saint?,if yes,then tell us the name,if none,then please tell us why?

However not specifically Nigerian, but there were black Christian saints in Egypt, and Ethiopia as well. Just to let you know, the people in this part of Africa were Christian countries before most of Europe.

One person mentioned saint Maurice which is correct, just google his name and you will see his statue, another is moses the black, he was a black coptic from Egypt, and later canonized to sainthood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_the_Black
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
75% of all saints are either Italian, Irish, Spanish or French.

Less than 1% of saints are black

so if you want to go to heaven you better be white and european if not it will be easier for the camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for you to enter the communion of saints
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by ababda: 12:43am On Feb 11, 2012
bermuda1:

75% of all saints are either Italian, Irish, Spanish or French.

Less than 1% of saints are black

so if you want to go to heaven you better be white and european if not it will be easier for the camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for you to enter the communion of saints

It depends on what Christian sect you follow, if you are a Orthodox Christian from Ethiopia or Eritrean, therefore there will be many saints from that region. Please African read about early Christianity in the rest of the continent, it seems like many are ignorant in this arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJfbtupcGbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6171YYEhuI

Here is two links, hopefully you guys learn something.
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by crossman9(m): 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2012
A Saint is anyone that believes in Jesus Christ and follows him?
Race ethnicity does not even play a part in the bible, in fact we are all one, it would not make any difference If you where blue or pink or tartan it is

the name of Jesus and what he did for us that makes you a saint? 
And I am descendent of Abraham myself you asked was I Nigerian no is the answer but Abraham is a Semite which not black the dark races are decedents from ham in the bible
Joagbaje
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2012
crossman9:

A Saint is anyone that believes in Jesus Christ and follows him?
Race ethnicity does not even play a part in the bible, in fact we are all one, it would not make any difference If you where blue or pink or tartan it is

the name of Jesus and what he did for us that makes you a saint?
And I am descendent of Abraham myself you asked was I Nigerian no is the answer but Abraham is a Semite which not black the dark races are decedents from ham in the bible

Next things you will tell us that you were a descendant of Adam and Eve
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Observer1: 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2012
in life every one is equal but some are more equal than others.
it might be the same in the kingdom race.
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Rossikk(m): 11:23pm On Feb 14, 2012
^^^No, it is NOT the same in the 'kingdom race'. In the spirit world where we all return, there is no 'race', and there is no 'black and white'. All souls are equal and loved.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by italo: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
Bakhita is another Black Saint
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by buzugee(m): 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2012
all the ordained saints by Yahawah are black. all the ordained saints by man are white. all this happened when the wicked took over the earth and covered the faces of the real saints and replaced it with their own faces job 9 vs 24.
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
There is Bala the Saint
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
buzugee: all the ordained saints by Yahawah are black. all the ordained saints by man are white. all this happened when the wicked took over the earth and covered the faces of the real saints and replaced it with their own faces job 9 vs 24.
WHAT HE SAID grin
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
y are there no Hausa saints christianity is so unfair and biased. angry
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
buzugee: all the ordained saints by Yahawah are black. all the ordained saints by man are white. all this happened when the wicked took over the earth and covered the faces of the real saints and replaced it with their own faces job 9 vs 24.

Is buzugee back? Oh okay, I see; the post is old grin grin I hope you aren't suggesting that God is a racist, are you? Because I think there are a lot of God ordained saints that are whites too.
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
y are there no Hausa saints christianity is so unfair and biased. angry

Who told you that
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
Saint Obi
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
seriallink:

Is buzugee back? Oh okay, I see; the post is old grin grin I hope you aren't suggesting that God is a racist, are you? Because I think there are a lot of God ordained saints that are whites too.
there are no white saints. all white saints are ordained by man. the lords saints, all 144,000 of them are black. deuteronomy 7 vs 6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
obadiah777: there are no white saints. all white saints are ordained by man. the lords saints, all 144,000 of them are black. deuteronomy 7 vs 6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

even though i am dark skinned, i must say, wow what a rascist God! shocked
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
seriallink:

Who told you that

name one Hausa Saint except me then.
Re: Is There Any Black Saint? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

even though i am dark skinned, i must say, wow what a rascist God! shocked
WHEN THE SAINTS WERE BEING CHOSEN, ONLY BLACK PEOPLE EXISTED ON EARTH. OTHER RACES APPEARED MUCH MUCH LATER AFTER THE FLOOD AND THEY COULDNT BE SAINTS BECAUSE THEY ONLY GOT WRITTEN INTO THE LAW AFTER CHRIST DIED. BY THEN ALL THE SAINTS HAD BEEN SEALED.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moses Wrote The Book Of Deuteronomy. But Did He Also Write Chapter 34? / Churches In Nigeria That Do Not Demand Tithes? / How Can Satan Carry God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.