Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC (3814 Views)

Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / 194 Eminent Elders Declare.......north Prepared For SNC / You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by Onlytruth(m): 6:53am On Feb 09, 2012
Oritsejafor backs call for SNC

By Sam Eyoboka & Olayinka Latona

LAGOS -  FORTY-EIGHT hours after the National Summit Group voted for a national conference to restructure the country into a true federal state, the National President of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor has given his nod for the proposal, arguing that if talking would tear the nation apart, then we were not made to be one.

Speaking at the fourth Bible Society of Nigeria’s annual lecture at the NIIA, Lagos, Pastor Oritsejafor said the major challenge facing Nigerian governments today was monumental corruption, stressing that the problem with the country was that Nigerians were hypocrites who pretended not to know that what is going on in the nation was wrong.

Answering questions from newsmen, he said: “We pretend not to know that what is going on is wrong. We all know it is wrong but we pretend not to know that it is happening. Not until we are able to face the truth…we are talking about peace, there cannot be peace without justice and there cannot be justice without the truth.

He said: “Truth is what feeds justice and not until Nigerians, as a people, will sit up and say we must face the truth, there will be no genuine development. That is why I support those who are calling for a national conference. You may call it any name you want, but I think all the nationalities should come together and dialogue on the way forward.

Earlier, the guest lecturer, President of the National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria, Chief Lugard Aimiuwu described the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan as what the nation had been clamouring for, stressing, however, that there was yet any sign to believe that the economic team would address the real issues involved.

Speaking on the topic: “True democracy: A catalyst for accountability in governance,” Chief Aimiuwu averred that the election of President Jonathan from his humble background was in itself transformational, but it does not end there.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/oritsejafor-backs-call-for-snc/
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by Onlytruth(m): 6:54am On Feb 09, 2012
Great. Now maybe the calls will pick up.

Meanwhile here is what one reader said:

Chief Lugard Aimiuwu,
Sorry but if you are going to be associated with anything concerning the future of this country, you must keep in mind that the name "Lugard" evokes anger in many quarters in nigeria. Ofcourse, you did not name yourself "Lugard". But as an adult nigerian you should know it is bad omen and spells doom for nigeria. And we don't want to be associated with yet another "Lugard", for a plethora of reasons especially on this particular topic. The strongest of those reasons is that we have no reason to view as lord, the first Lugard who disgraced this nation first by his selfish amalgamation antics and then second by having his mistress pick the name of this country. Why not do yourself and nigerians a favor by removing yourself from nigeria's national discuss. Or better still to re-assert your citizen rights in a very convincing manner, apologize to those who named you "Lugard" and promptly drop that name! Otherwise, specifically on this issue of SNC, you are construed as a big joke. We cannot name our child, "Snake" and expect people to just cancel the strong imagery of " snake fangs and venom on their flesh" whenever and wherever that child shows up.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by Onlytruth(m): 6:56am On Feb 09, 2012
LOL @ "We cannot name our child, "Snake" and expect people to just cancel the strong imagery of " snake fangs and venom on their flesh" whenever and wherever that child shows up. "

grin grin grin

The guy spoke just like Onlytruth. cool
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by Demdem(m): 9:03am On Feb 09, 2012
The jerry curl pastor is just being mischievous.The Retardeen told us point blank before the elections that SNC isnt part of his plans for us, the pastor didnt cry foul then. Na today we dey cry for SNC.
After the retardeens tenure we will know how far.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 09, 2012
cool cool cool cool cool
i like this pastor. very blunt and on point!
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by jamace(m): 10:55am On Feb 09, 2012
Let's go for the SNC immediately. Delay is dangerous.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by dare2think: 11:48am On Feb 09, 2012
Religion & Politics

Very close cousins.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by phreakabit(m): 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
Absolutely phenomenal speech (if I may call it that) coming form this man of God. The truth is a bitter pill and should never be sugar coated at all.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by otondo55: 12:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
Good one Pastor!

arguing that if talking would tear the nation apart, then we were not made to be one.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by kbdrim(m): 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
Oritsejafor is a resource control/SNC pastor, where was he when James Ibori was messing with Delta, The dude is just looking for relevance, nonsense
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by Martmore: 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
If finally the SNC holds, On Aburi we stand!
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by Dereformer(m): 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^ Please in summary, what did Aburi say?
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by ChinenyeN(m): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
Good, now let us get the ball rolling.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by executinal(m): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
SNC is the solution now. One Nigeria or no Nigeria
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by houvest: 2:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
Those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by chosen04(f): 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
houvest:

Those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

GBAM . . . . . . But you may soon be accused of vowing to make their government ungovernable
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by aljharem(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2012
chosen04:

GBAM . . . . . . But you may soon be accused of vowing to make their government ungovernable

is it not about time you shut up. Lorlor
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by 9javoice1(m): 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2012
Answering questions from newsmen, he said: “We pretend not to know that what is going on is wrong. We all know it is wrong but we pretend not to know that it is happening. Not until we are able to face the truth…we are talking about peace, there cannot be peace without justice and there cannot be justice without the truth.

He said: “Truth is what feeds justice and not until Nigerians, as a people, will sit up and say we must face the truth, there will be no genuine development. That is why I support those who are calling for a national conference. You may call it any name you want, but I think all the nationalities should come together and dialogue on the way forward.

wat else do we need than this.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by chosen04(f): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
alj harem:

is it not about time you shut up. Lorlor

ANU ANPAMA . . . . . . AZI BIDA
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by beespak7(m): 6:36am On Feb 10, 2012
Yea supported let all nigerians call for SNC . Things have gone really wrong in nigeria let us stop pretending that all is well , snc is the best option now.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by dayokanu(m): 7:00am On Feb 10, 2012
Retardeen said no SNC
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by DaLover(m): 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
guys any suggestions on the format for the organisation of the SNC? Very easy to ask for, but how is it going to run, this is very important
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by nagoma(m): 10:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
SNC they believe is the quickest way to dismantle Nigeria. Dismantling the coutry is what the CAN leader Pastor sees as his most important assignment obviously for resource control, or resource denial to those citizens who live very far from where the resource was discovered. Although citizens of the country , they are considered much less entitled to even the meager share their governors receive on their behalf now. Ther is no need for such a conference, all we need is a committee to draw the boarders and fix a date for the separation. In all honesty I am sick and tired of being in the same country with the southerners for many reasons.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by Samar1: 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2012
SNC is a way to another civil war, keep off from it.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by SamIkenna: 3:33am On Feb 11, 2012
nagoma:

SNC they believe is the quickest way to dismantle Nigeria. Dismantling the coutry is what the CAN leader Pastor sees as his most important assignment obviously for resource control, or resource denial to those citizens who live very far from where the resource was discovered. Although citizens of the country , they are considered much less entitled to even the meager share their governors receive on their behalf now. Ther is no need for such a conference, all we need is a committee to draw the boarders and fix a date for the separation. In all honesty I am sick and tired of being in the same country with the southerners for many reasons.

Nagoma your post touched my heart in a very deep way, unfortunately we are way too deep in this mess that its almost impossible to keep all of us as one in Nigeria. There is no point in lying to ourselves, we are way too polarized to continue. Some of us carry so much burden and hurt that the only thing that can even come close to assuaging it is regionalism and total resource control, even at that we will still drift apart and eventually break up.

We fought a bitter civil war in this country that saw a section lose almost everything including millions of their people, sometimes in very horrible circumstances that had nothing to do with battle line between FG troops and Biafran Expeditionary Force. Those things were real and after the war you'll agree with me that Nigeria derived so much joy from humiliating us. After the war our people were not treated with vision 2012, no one thought Nigeria would get here today in this shape with past memories very much alive. Had FG thought twice it would've not allowed abandon property, 20 pounds, and systematic purge of Biafrans from civil service/police/army. If people say Biafrans should be purged from sensitive positions or have their properties and investments taken from them then the argument for the war is defeated, after all FG went to war because it believed it was bringing back Nigerians into the fold.

I don't want to dwell in the war era, however my point is to show how we have drifted apart because of short sightedness and to come back now as we used to be or tried to be is just a waste of time. As Igbo I have no single hate anywhere in me for North or Hausa-Fulani but at the same time I feel it with everything in me that my people need their space to either fail or succeed. Of course Boko Haram has made things worse because it now validates people's (southern people) belief that living with core north is not worth the pain.

I wish things were different but my wish is over 50 yrs late so I'm shoving it. A nation has to have one national/international interest but its not the same for Nigeria. In Nigeria there is a physical as well as mind competition for domination by each ethnic group, also there is another competition for domination which has religious coloration and all of this is within one nation! We are really sick of eachother and to continue as one nation is akin to telling our fellow human being to continue in a toxic relationship that was arraigned to begin with.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by nagoma(m): 7:16am On Feb 11, 2012
@Sam_Ikena

You and me have agreed on the need to separate and I am happy with that agreement and actually hope others will on both sides will agree with us. Where we differ is that you see things more towards civil war and lack of acceptance of easterners after the war. I see that point as an exaggeration and a relative recent hype and means to an end. Wars have been faught in Europe , in America and all over the world, we know the conditions placed on less successful sides after wars - Germany, Japan, Turkey, Russia at some stage and we know how magnanimous and brotherly the post war leaders especially Gowon and Shagari have been. Of course we all Nigerians are burdened with attitudinal problems which we pretend does not exist or doesn't come from " my ethnic group" but frm others. I have lost relatives and known people to Boko Haram , my extended family live in fear and prayer every single day and hope the the leadership will curve the BH disaster. The BH in their totally misguided terror attacks announce that they focus the security services and non Muslims. In real sense everybody is a target. Instead of all of us seeing it as a national security problem for which the government needs help from all ; ome insist they are related to the disaster as victims only and as the only victims. All these have been exhaustively discussed , I can't do any better but the central point is oil and resource restriction by sharing only among fewer people ( perhaps certain radius from the oil wells) I personally accept this. It is not worth the trouble. Let's have he work of separation started. SNC is a waste of time. Ikenne plead remember also that the hundreds of thousands of soldiers from the federal side of the war came from families - mothers, fathers ,brothers and sisters who were told that their scarifies was for the unity of Nigeria. I hope we can speed up the separation process.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by DaLover(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2012
nagoma:

@Sam_Ikena

You and me have agreed on the need to separate and I am happy with that agreement and actually hope others will on both sides will agree with us. Where we differ is that you see things more towards civil war and lack of acceptance of easterners after the war. I see that point as an exaggeration and a relative recent hype and means to an end. Wars have been faught in Europe , in America and all over the world, we know the conditions placed on less successful sides after wars - Germany, Japan, Turkey, Russia at some stage and we know how magnanimous and brotherly the post war leaders especially Gowon and Shagari have been. Of course we all Nigerians are burdened with attitudinal problems which we pretend does not exist or doesn't come from " my ethnic group" but frm others. I have lost relatives and known people to Boko Haram , my extended family live in fear and prayer every single day and hope the the leadership will curve the BH disaster. The BH in their totally misguided terror attacks announce that they focus the security services and non Muslims. In real sense everybody is a target. Instead of all of us seeing it as a national security problem for which the government needs help from all ; ome insist they are related to the disaster as victims only and as the only victims. All these have been exhaustively discussed , I can't do any better but the central point is oil and resource restriction by sharing only among fewer people ( perhaps certain radius from the oil wells) I personally accept this. It is not worth the trouble. Let's have he work of separation started. SNC is a waste of time. Ikenne plead remember also that the hundreds of thousands of soldiers from the federal side of the war came from families - mothers, fathers ,brothers and sisters who were told that their scarifies was for the unity of Nigeria. I hope we can speed up the separation process.
i interprete this to mean that the only way for unity in this country is if oil located under peoples land is shared amongst all, this is a very bad level of reasoning, this is also the reason why everyone has abandoned their resources and now sit down waiting for monthly alocation from federal government. What a lazy way to look at life, your refusal to accept our large population as our greatest resource will always remain our albertros
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by nagoma(m): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2012
@DaLover

I am personally tired of all that argument about what is under your house belongs to you and no other person in the country should have any share of it. I am fully in tune with the CAN leader let us divide the country and there will be no argument. Please intensify your campaign. I will do my best on the northern side. I am truly and sincerely sick and tired of living in the same country with the southerners.
Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC by nagoma(m): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2012
The reason why people think of common wealth and formulas for equity , taking derivation,environment and other issues into consideration is because we are all citizens of the same country. If the ijaw nation at independence refused to accept independence together with other parts of Nigeria or decided to negotiate with or to fight with the British for it's own independence. It would have been a different ball game. No body would expect a share of resource from another country. But the ijaws, the Igbos and all worked together with all of us to claim independence from Britain as a single country. Now they are crying about "their " resources. I will be much happier if we have nothing to do with these people and everybody goes his way. Poverty like wealth is a transitional state and neither permanent nor unattainable. But we must separate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

.......... / Ameachi In Secret Talks With GEJ Now In The Villa. / Abians Dump Otti, Calls Him A Stranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.