Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,446 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Domestic Violence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence (1845 Views)

Graphic + Wedding Photos: Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence / Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence by mutter(f): 11:31am On Feb 09, 2012
I stumbled on this and felt I should also post it on the family section because domestic violence is a real problem that can escalate like in this sad case.

My dear friends,

I come before you humble,with my head bowed and on bended knees. Today,my heart is heavy and my anguish is unimaginable.Like the biblical Rachael weeping for the death of her children, i have refused to be consoled.
On Monday, i receive a call from Nigeria from a friend about Ms Nkechi Ngene[maiden name].Ms Ngene was 8 months pregnant, an unemployed mother of two minor children, and the wife of a man,that is known to his friends as Chuks/Chukky.Both resides in Enugu GRA, and are from Akwuke Autonomous Community [Nkanu] in Enugu South LGA of Enugu State.On January 31 2012, she confronted her husband about his incessant infidelity, and he responded by beating the crap out her.Ms Ngene sustained various bruises, but worst was that she began to bleed profusely and uncontrollably.The unkindest cut of all was that her husband left her to die.
Abandoned on the cold floor helpless, in the full glare of their children, and life slowly but painfully slipping away from her, with her last breath she called a friend.She was rushed to the nearest hospital, and after two days of spirited medical help, she died as well as her unborn child.
Like most cowards, her husband has since gone into hiding, abandoning their minor children to the mercy of friends and family.The matter has since been reported to the police and the National Human Rights Commission of Nigeria[NHRCN]-Enugu Office.However, i have been also informed that some so called big shots from Akwuke community and Enugu South LGA Chairman's Office are bringing pressure to bear on the Police and NHRCH -Enugu to drop their investigation,so that the issue [double homicide]will be handle as a family affair.
It is against this background that i have come to you for assistance:Please re-post this message;contact the Nigeria Bar Association;Association of Women Lawyers.any relevant Non-Governmental-Organization,the Commissioner of Police-Enugu State[Nigeria],National Human Rights Commission of Nigeria and/or any other assistance you can offer in this matter.Ms Nkechi Ngene and her unborn child must not have died in vain.Let us make a difference in another persons' life by breaking this CULTURE OF SILENCE.Many women have died in silence.Domestic Violence is now a silent killer in our homes and lives.This is the time to take a stand and proclaim:NEVER AGAIN! Let us honor Nkechi Ngene and her unborn child by our actions, and we must not allow members of the Akwueke Community nor those at the Enugu South LGA to sweep this matter under the rug.Double homicide is not a family affair, rather a crime.
It is my fervent wish that this matter will be given the urgency that it deserves.When evil men/women conspire,good men/women MUST congregate.The time for action is now,for the die is cast!
Now that this appeal has been made, the mercy of sleep which has long been denied me, can now be restored.That is my wish;that is my strength, and this is my consolation!

ALUTA CONTINUA!!
Re: Domestic Violence by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 09, 2012
What silly appeal and aluta are they making now? They should swear to me that this was the first time he beat her. The same family and friends who will advice her to fast pray and cook pepper soup when the beatings started and escallated are now jumping around doing fake aluta. "pray for him", be more submissive, Keep cold beer for him, He must be under a spiritual influence. Now she is dead and they have found the voice to seek justice for her. Nobody should annoy me abeg. Beating to the point of death desnt start in one day, he must have been beating her for a long time and the family didnt see it fit to remove thier daughter from that dangerous situation , she must have stayed for the same kids who are now foreve damaged after watching mummy drown in a pool of her own blood beaten by Daddy. Oya na, Goodluck in their search for "Justice" too little too late.
Re: Domestic Violence by mutter(f): 12:07pm On Feb 09, 2012
The cry for help is coming from an outsider Debrief, i can understand how mad you are. i felt the same way. It is so sad.
Re: Domestic Violence by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
mutter:

The cry for help is coming from an outsider Debrief, i can understand how mad you are. i felt the same way. It is so sad.

Why must they only cry out now that she is dead? To what end? If tomorrow another woman is in a similar situation, the same fast, pray and kneel down treatment will be adviced, so because she is dead now they know its domestic violence. When she is alive " He must be under jazz" " Pray for him". Some will even blame her for confronting him, she should walk on egg shells around him cos the silly man cant control his emotions. Abeg, I have wished them luck and I have nothing to say, if she had come for advice and she had been adviced to remove herself from the situation the same pple screaming for justice will be telling her not to listen to pple who want to break her home. Am sure her herself will be singing " I am staying for my children". Toh shey its till death do them part, death has done them part, congratulations to her for dying a married woman and not a divorcee.
Re: Domestic Violence by mutter(f): 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
I feel you- it is sad cry
Re: Domestic Violence by ronkebp(f): 3:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
May the womans' soul and that of the unborn child rest in peace!!!! Let the husband keep running, he will continue to run for the rest of his life. ( no peace for the wicked)
Re: Domestic Violence by agiboma(f): 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
May her sweet soul and the soul of her innocent child rest in peace. This can only change when young girls that grow into women see domestic violence as a bad component in a relationship and counselling is made available for the abuser. So sad this will only continue to happen. I really dont like to hear these stories, i hate wife beaters with a passion having left a violent relationship in the past, I vowed never to go back to another man that uses his fist to communicate.
Re: Domestic Violence by Outstrip(f): 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2012
I will post this on my facebook wall as for the family they should hide their heads in shame. A man that beats his wife that is pregnant did not start today. i think there is a curse woven into the culture that says peoples brain should stop actively working until a human being is dead. Unfortunately this poor woman is not the first and she will not be the last. All those people that are appealing to the police should be arrested for obstructing an investigation. maybe when they see that they can end up in jail they will run and hide . Elders my ass
Re: Domestic Violence by mutter(f): 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2012
I too am spreading the news, in every way I can
Re: Domestic Violence by armyofone(m): 5:02am On Feb 10, 2012
Yet, some guys on NL would call ladies against domestic violence 'female nazi'
and blame women who call the cops on their husband for pinching them bad girl wey copy oversea way of life.

I won't hestitate to call the cops on any son of adam. if my future husband dares, Jail will be his home.
May the woman rest in peace.
Re: Domestic Violence by ada24: 5:29am On Feb 10, 2012
I don't even know what to say about this case - not only is it wrong to beat ur wife but what kind of demonic  fool beats a heavily pregnant woman, honestly this "man" (if he can be called that) learnt this from somewhere.

For the men who love to come online and blame the woman for the beating please tell me what an 8 month pregnant woman can do that will warrant this - cos she complained about his cheating - and when the man carries a disease and infects the woman and fetus the man and his rubbish family will blame the same woman if the child is somehow disabled in anyway.

i'm so annoyed with this story I don't even know what I am typing again - honestly since there is no law in Nigeria this man is lucky this woman is not my sister or else he would have a bullet in his head right now. yeah i'm that pis@ed off.

2 young children now that someone will now use for househelp in future - i'm soooooooooooooooo angry
Re: Domestic Violence by moremi2008(m): 7:13am On Feb 10, 2012
What exactly is wrong with our country?! What is the meaning of all of this insanity?! When did wife beating and wife murdering become a "family affair"?! What kind of demons are possessing men to think this is even remotely sane behavior? It tire me oh! You can't tell the woman to go to the police when the policeman himself just finished beating his wife! Ditto for the court system! Where is help going to come from for the average woman without a wealthy family to rescue her from a demonic husband?! Stories like this are so depressing because the situation just seems so hopeless! The day one of my sisters get married, is the day I will buy myself a pistol and make good friends with a criminal lawyer. I want to see teh murrafucker that wanna beat up my sister! His father will not recognize him by the time I am done with him!

(1) (Reply)

Need A Good Man For My Sister(ready For Marriage ) / Extremely High intimate Drive... / What Type Of Father Did You Have Growing Up? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.