Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. (15844 Views)

Serious Riot In Ariaria Aba, As Police Kills A Man - Photos / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / This " Mbaka Why" Is Now A Slang In Onitsha Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Connoisseur(m): 7:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ordinarily, it would have been a case of drivers vs police.
But we live in perilous times where every incident (even on nairaland) has an ethnic undertone.
I really wish to commend Uwazuruike for the maturity he displayed in this scenario; if he had urged MASSOB to kill all Hausas 'round here, this story woulda been different. Th 'dismantle all checkpoints' order helped in a long way to checkmate the crisis.
I believe the war should be with the police but then (cos of the situation) all Hausas became guilty by association.

But then i ask, if the Police is then responsible, how come the Boko Haram is still a threat. This is because barely 15 mins from the fatal shot that killed the driver, 2 APCs and a truck of soldiers have secured the main mosque here in osha and this went a long way in minimizing casualties.

P.S: i didnt know this many nairalanders stay in town
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Jakumo(m): 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2012
Would it be correct to say that the violence in Onitcha has now run its course and is officially over ?
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by LogicMind: 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2012
igbos. arm yourselves.
prayer will not prevent it
ostrish head will not stop it
it is going to happen
be ready when it does
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Connoisseur(m): 9:36pm On Feb 09, 2012
Jakumo:

Would it be correct to say that the violence in Onitcha has now run its course and is officially over ?

the actions of security forces would only determine the answer. The arrest or intimidation of MASSOB members or their likes would be met with fierce opposition
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by NegroNtns(m): 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2012
may the soul of that dead driver rest in peace, Amen.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by anyiway(m): 10:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
POINT OF CORRECTION.

THE EVENT THAT TOOK PLACE IN ONITSHA TODAY IS NOT A REPRISAL ATTACK BY MASSOB OR ANYBODY ELSE.

WE ARE NOT AS BARBARIC AND WICKED LIKE OUR NORTHERN BROTHERS.

RATHER IT IS ABOUT A POLICE MOPOL WHO SHOT AND MURDERED A COASTER DRIVER IN COLD BLOOD BECAUSE OF 20 NAIRA.

GENERAL PUBLIC PLEASE BEWARE OF MIS INFORMATION FROM MISCHIEF REPORTERS.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2012
We need all the Igbo indigenous engineers and artisans we can get to be self sufficient to defeat our enemies cool. Nigeria is on the brink. It is just a matter of time.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Rossikk(m): 11:29pm On Feb 09, 2012
I wish all these ignorant, bloodthirsty warmongers would just shut it.

If you see an innocent Hausa person and kill him or her, you're a DEVIL.

If you don't want them around, drive them out of town. Don't kill them, or you're no better than the worst of them. And you're an evil savage.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by cheikh: 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Op  
Do so called police men extort or collect toll anywhere in Northern Nigeria? sad
What kind of human beings are the uncaring, unfeeling, brain dead governors or so called leaders do they have in the South East? Do they not have the power to order or speak up against incessant harassment and Check points everywhere in the Southern part of Nigeria?. Massob leader should not be the person ordering the dismantlement of the so called police check points in Onitsha. Where is Peter Obi and his cohorts(governors of South East)? I am beginning to think that the Igbos have internalised defeat to the extent that they have become COWARDS and very fearful and lacking courage whatsoever for immediate action. It is very terrible indeed sad shocked.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Mekky2010: 12:21am On Feb 10, 2012
everybody should hold their peace plz, let us first bury Ikemba!
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by yemiomodada: 12:30am On Feb 10, 2012
it's true, www.nairareport.com confirmed it. I dont knw where we are going. God dey
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by ocelot2006(m): 9:37am On Feb 10, 2012
@ Emmzybrown and Jabbok, Policemen over here in the North collect bribes at checkpoints. Its an endemic problem in the Force.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by hakanai(m): 10:10am On Feb 10, 2012
For me the Northern folks over there have decided to stay and look for material things in the SE and as such know the dangers.So if they decided to stay,they may as well be ready to dance to the music.The writing is on the wall.It is not today and it is not tomorrow the SE has the intention to do this and all they have being looking for is the excuse.IF not na today police begin kill people for Nigeria?Na today police of different belief and tribe kill innocent people over money or some silly reasons,in custody or on the street?Na today e start?
Any Northerner that can not find his square root home has signed his death warrant long before abeggiiii!!!!! Na small,small we dey reach the place one reason after another.I don't see when in Nigeria a policeman action is turned tribal.Except in this case.Note in the write up it has a different agenda and this policeman na excuse.In between sha, MASSOB lead you try.Your position is good and may have prevented any escalation in Onitsha and beyond.Hate to see people go to waste.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 10, 2012
Say what you may about the Igbos, but the truth is (considering all they have gone through at the hands of Northerners anytime there was strife in that Region) THEY HAVE BEEN VERY PATIENT/TOLERANT!!! Now, that said, maybe its time for the Igbo youths to grow some balls and stand up for whats right; maybe its time to join hands with others that genuinely want to change Nigeria instead of always trying to play "spoiler" because of the bitterness of your Grand-Fathers.

You are a new generation; try to have a different out look to life. Have a 21st Century way of thinking. Do away with the old. These old men are transferring their bitterness to your generation and guess what that WILL leave you: Misery and Sadness. All it will do is leave the other groups suspicious of you like they were suspicious of your Fathers before you. Integrate yourselves into Nigeria. Discard the old way of thinking, and, maybe, just maybe, you can finally negotiate better conditions in ---- if not outright Independence from--- Nigeria in the very near future. Remember, you and your age groups will be the ones in control then. Why not make friends now, instead of enemies later?

Boko Haram targets everyone. They have killed more Northerners than Igbos. They have probably killed as much Yorubas (and other groups) as Igbos, but you dont see those other groups calling attention to themselves. Nobody is saying not to protest the killing of even an Igbo man, but when youre constantly harping that youre being targeted, all youre doing is inadvertently inviting a challenge where none was issued; the results might be disastrous. For Uwazuruike to automatically accuse a cop that killed an Igbo as "Boko-Haram"---- and by extent claiming that "Boko-Haram (i.e Northerners) is NOW targetting Igbos on their soil---- shows what kind of man he is. If he did make that statement he is a confusionist that should not be respected. Definitely not who the Igbos need at this point in time. Murderous cops are a problem all over Nigeria, only the deceitful or the naive will not acknowledge this.

Those of you wishing for war, all I can do is shake my head. Its clear most of you have never been to the war front before. You probably think its like MMW3 where you can click "Play Again", and you'll get up with a big shakabula and full-energy.

Now is the time to ignore people like Onlytruth and listen more to people like Chinenyen or Abagworo. When people like Onlytruth deceive you onto the battlefield, you'll be getting cut down, while he encourages you from his 1-Bedroom Basement Apartment in a Small Idaho Town.

Let me stop my sermon. I know there are the eternally ignorant that will miss the whole point of this message and will choose
to attack me instead. For those ones I say, click on the links below and maybe you'll have a different mindset from the war youre always propagating. Click and see a true case of "the living admiring the dead".

Forge Alliances, stay strong, stay positive. May the Almighty guide us all.

http://www.worldstaruncut.com/uncut/42968

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=864956.msg10140850#msg10140850
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Jakumo(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2012
kingoflag:

Now is the time to ignore people like Onlytruth and listen more to people like Chinenyen or Abagworo. When people like Onlytruth deceive you the battlefield, you'll be getting cut down, while he encourages you from his 1-Bedroom Basement Apartment in Small Idaho Town.

Do you have any phucking idea how much tasty Mormon beaver that man cleavers in his one-bedroom apartment, while you remain engrossed "reading" Playboy Magazine centerfolds in the restroom while you should be at work ?

Show some respect here. Jeeez.
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 10, 2012
Jakumo:

Do you have any phucking idea how much tasty Mormon beaver that man cleavers in his one-bedroom apartment, while you remain engrossed "reading" Playboy Magazine centerfolds in the restroom while you should be at work ? 

Show some respect here.  Jeeez.

Lmaooooo
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by slimghost(m): 11:37am On Feb 10, 2012
Scores

5 - 1

I know say Onitsha boys no go dull. grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Serious Riot In Onitsha Now. by Khameal007(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
dustydee:
A black man kills a white man in Dallas and all the white people go about killing every black man they see on the street or in their homes. Talk about civilization. And we want to be like Americans. I see.

Racism and tribalism are two different things.. see hausa's regard their cows life more than yours.... you can't kill an igbo man in an igbo land and expect peace to reign ..they can try that shii up north.... not down here.. boys aint smiling ..but as the saying goes.. 'every man na king for him lane" ... it ain't about civilization.. if you slap my brother.. I will kick your sister.. an eye for an eye...tit for tat...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan: Nigeria Owes Obasanjo Debt Of Gratitude / Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Shehu Shagari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.