Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria (60496 Views)

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October / ASUU Vs GOVERNMENT: We Have An Agreement......... / Private Schools Vs Public Schools. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by nascentprof: 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
In your locality or from your own point of view in general, private schools and government schools, which is the best? Please give your reasons if any.
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by nascentprof: 1:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
which is better in academics, man-power, infrastructure, etc?
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by denzel2009: 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2012
why do you write school like that?
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by ssajunior: 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2012
To make it clear to you nairalanders a large mile between a private and public school: infratructure, facility, founding, good environment private is better, but in terms of manpower, and on various field of life the study of public school com out on top and always the best in life because of their experience in whatever you've gone through, so of what use is luxurious education when the standard cannot apply it in their field of life. Check of all the superstars, actors, actresses, top politicians, doctors, and all the high and mighty of the society, they re all from poor homes and went to poor schools, and the reason they are what they are today is because of what they have gone through in life. Some of these rich kid cant do anything, some cannot even make eba.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by ssajunior: 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
Check out top bankers top men in oil field, even ministers, bishop oyedepo,pst adeboye,kenet copland etc dis re poor pple who ve bein tru tick n tin, non of dem is a graduate 4rm harvard or oran robert,
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by nascentprof: 6:06am On Feb 10, 2012
@ denzel do u want 2 teach me eng 101?
Am talking abt dia present condition pls, which is d best?
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by Kayday(m): 3:45am On Feb 11, 2012
The problem wit public schools are decaying infra, poor attitude to work by the teachers and strikes and over crowing in classes. Otherwise, public schools are by far better than private schools. If the govt can commit more resources to edu and be sincere, there'll be no serious need for private schools.factors
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by iice(f): 4:15am On Feb 11, 2012
There is a difference? undecided
All things being equal/unequal, end result = very low standard of education.
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by sunky644(m): 4:51am On Feb 11, 2012
You can't totally rubbish all d public schools. I graduated from a public school Where d condition and d kind of scrutiny we undergo during exam is nothing but we call On Your Own(OYO).
1. You ve to change to a short knicker cos of d exams even though seniors wear trousers.
2. You don't wear pant, boxers and singlet to exam hall
3. You fly your shirt and Polo
4. You walk into d exam hall barefooted
5. You go in with ur compass, divider, pencil, ruler, eraser and pen cos u will not be allowed to go in with all your mathematical set.
6. Your four figure table will be checked page by page in case u write anything there.
7. The distance between you and d next person is so wide that you can't even talk to him not to talk of peep at his sheet.
8. The table you wrote today's paper will not be d one u write that of tomorrow so if u like write or draw on it, it will never be for your use and at d end u may incriminate d person using it.
I wrote my SSCE in this conditions and at end I had five distinctions and three credits, mind u I am not d best student. This is a public secondary school where teachers are made to do there work in a way they know and acknowledge it as their duty and they are not to do so. For you to be sure of d quality of what we were thought, I never for once in my life read Ababio or any other chemistry textbooks but I made B2 in chemistry. I read my class note from SS1-3 and never opened any subject textbook for the SSCE. The standard remained cos since 1975, the old student of d school has always been the school Principal till last year. I am talking of no other school but Oyemekun Grammar School, Akure ( The Only School ). I make bold to say it that no Private school beat my Alma mater record.
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by nascentprof: 5:52am On Feb 11, 2012
my own skul(ascension high skul eleme rivers state) was a govt skul but in al debate n quiz competition dat included top ranked private skul in d state, our worst result was 2nd
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2012
I went to a government school, and I dare say it's much better than a private school where students are spoon-fed, most private schools are involved in exam malpractice just to come out with Ǟ good result and maintain top grade status. In Ǟ government school, you're on your own, if you're caught, your paper will be seized ǡŋ₫ there shall be no 'settling' of anyone whomsoever
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2012
Private schools sell infrrastructure. They exploit unemployment situations in the country to the fullest. Imagine a situation where a graduate of yoruba language teaches physical education along with his subject. In some of this schools if u cannot take two or three subject no appointment. Teachers are measured with students performances, by fire by thunder studdents must pass. That is one of the reasons why they place adverts on daily basis. Irrelivant programms such as meaningless excursion, parties, mothers day, fathers day, etc. whereas in pubblic schools none off the aforementioned exist. These private scchools find it difficult to appoint the products off private schools cos they know that they cant cope. Check their payroll their may not even be 1 product of private sch there. Private schools are business venture just like privately owned churches.
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by gaddafe(m): 7:54am On Feb 11, 2012
In Nig we run a 9-3-4 educational system. It used to be 6-3-3-4. Infact i think the govt is confused.

Well if one is to look at which is best, you gonna have to look at it from the primary, secondary and tertiary level.
In primary education, private is the best in all ramitification. There is no basis for comparison on this level.

In the secondary education; manpower goes to the govt while infrastructure goes to the private. There is actually no pressure on the part of govt schools to ensure the student are well taught. The result of this is that while there are qualified teachers in the public schools, student massively fail their final exams (SSCE). Because of this, many students will move to the private schools to enrol and due to the pressure on them to deliver, they engage in various forms of malpractice.

In the tertiary institution; infrastructure goes to the govt. They have equal level of manpower. Inshort in some private Uni, some department can have only one student. However students are better taught in private than public in the tertiary level.
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by monatim: 8:02am On Feb 11, 2012
Fedy boy I remain. Federal skools use to be d bomb den,dnt know abt now
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by babaowo: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2012
yeah federal is best but it takes lot of bribery and pasonalty.
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by sheyguy: 9:28am On Feb 11, 2012
ssa junior:

Check out top bankers top men in oil field, even ministers, bishop oyedepo,pst adeboye,kenet copland etc dis re poor pple who ve bein tru tick n tin, non of dem is a graduate 4rm harvard or oran robert,
First of all most of the names u mentioned didn't av the option of private schools as there were hardly any in their time.
Secondly, various private school differ from one another in standard, just like their public counterparts.
Most of the pple u listed up there were actually brought up by rich parents in their locality.

In my opinion private schools from secondary school level up carries the day overall. Most public schools are riding on their past glory. In the past two months alone we had Britain put medical dept in 9 nigerian public sch on their black list, the Esut saga yesterday, strike issues, even the only real diff between both set of schs which is their fee is gradually fading away.
The privates schools are definitely ahead right now.
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by thameamead(f): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2012
They are a complete waste of money, my brother attends one and it's nothing to write home about, when I visited, I was shocked, too many in a room, domitory, too much show off by most of them, once they are on holidays, most of them travel to london, dubai or the usa, sometimes when they break up for a couple of days, he wants my husband to pay his ticket fare to london. his english is not very good, i have met a lot of his friends and their english isn't good either, don't know what to do with him.
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by aglomar: 4:59pm On Feb 11, 2012
The private schools are far better but some public schools still do well consistently because of local mgt e.g. Mayflower Ikene and Iganmode Grammar School, both in Ogun State.
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2012
I did primary(private), secondary(public), university(public), 2nd degree(likely abroad).

But I will want my children to do primary(private), secondary(private), university(public - federal uni), higher degrees(abroad).
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by oshoppy: 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2012
It all depends, the private universities are growing rapidly to match the infrastructure in the long existing federal schools and the student stand a good chance of having a close relationship with the lecturer because of smaller class groups and all, however so many private universities are yet unable to match the infrastructure of the public schools with exception of a few. So it depends on the course you are studying and the school you go to.

I went to the Redeemers University, Studied International Relations and I had the best experience ever.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-872565.0.html#msg10209162

www.studentadvisor.com.ng

Applications are now open to undergraduate studies in Redeemer's University. Go to www.studentadvisor.com.ng to apply and qualify for StudentAdvisor full or half tuition scholarship scheme! Share to anyone that may need this information.

www.studentadvisor.com.ng/scholar/images/run.jpg

Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by cbravo2: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2016
Economics is the study of the production and consumption of goods and services, import and export, and also the transfer of wealth to produce and obtain other goods and services. Economics explains how people interact within markets to get what they want or accomplish certain goals. Since economics is a driving force of human interaction, studying it often reveals why people and governments behave in particular ways. Sometimes they wonder why food costs rise and why kerosene prices spike. All of these phenomena are explained in their daily lives and through learning economics in schools as students.

Learning is an active process in which the learner uses sensory input and constructs meaning out of it, and so many students have different methods that suit their learning ability, many adolescent in senior secondary school are becoming more increasingly conscious of the things happening around there environment and the economic policies effecting their daily lives.

Learning is also the construction of knowledge in the perspectives of constructivism, and it is the result of construction. These changes in explanatory metaphors have resulted from, and have allowed for new insights concerning the nature of learning, the methods of learning and acquisitions’ of knowledge and skills. The quality of teachers in public and private schools is an essential factor in determining the academic performance of students. The high level of quacks in the educational sector is affecting the output of student in there academics a well trained teacher understands the methodology and scope of teaching and learning in the classroom.

http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/education/factors-that-cause-differences-between-private-and-public-secondary-schools-economics-results-in-gwagwalada-council-area/
Re: Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria by cbravo5: 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2018
this is an incomplete article,it’s a product of a high quality project researched work.open the link bellow to read the complete work

Causes of differences between private and public secondary schools economic results

(1) (Reply)

Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools / Is This Student Dumb Or Smart? (Picture) / University Of Nigeria Nsukka In New beautiful ground Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.