Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North (12436 Views)

Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An / The Eze Ndi Igbo Gburugburu 1 Of NL Igbos (Canceled) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dede1:

@POSTER

You are entitled to your opinions regardless how goofy they may appear. Igbo [size=18pt]do not burial [/size] their dead out their ancestral homes even when born in another city in Igbo land talk less of Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba, Kanuri or Tiv land.  

Gbosa gbosa, Dende Ecomog soldier

You wan kill us for this thread.

Can i ask where do Igbos now "burial" their pipo wey die from HIV
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Chyz2: 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
Its quite clear now that the Mod is fused on disrespecting Igbos on Nairaland by post nonsensical threads like this on the front page. cool. FB igbo page has cut down my coming on nairaland anyway. i will watch NL slow death wink
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by DRANOEL(m): 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
he should be thrown into river kaduna(river crocodile)
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nduchucks: 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dede1:

@POSTER

You are entitled to your opinions regardless how goofy they may appear. Igbo do not burial their dead out their ancestral homes even when born in another city in Igbo land talk less of Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba, Kanuri or Tiv land.  

The bolded is the kind of ideology which keeps Africans uncivilized. When are you people going to learn of some of the primary principles of civilization and move out of the bush for good?  You, a whole well published and internationally recognized University professor who lives in diaspora should know better. Learn one or two things from yoour adopted country, biko. Take your USA for example,  do the white folks carry their dead to their ancestral land in England, Austrailia, Russia, etc for burial?  nwanne,  its time to jettison some of these dumb ideologies; O bu mmuo ndi na-efe na-egbu ha

May I recommend that posters show some respect and stop the insults. like it or not, Ojukwu remains one of the greatest Nigerians ever.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2012
DRANOEL:

he should be thrown into river kaduna(river crocodile)

Nope,atlantic ocean is cool.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by splashbaby(m): 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2012
Nairalanders are full of clowns. How can U say Ojukwu shud be buried in the North when his greatest influence was his identity as an Igbo, he fought and live that cause
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by ChinenyeN(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2012
LMFAO once again! Ndu_Chucks has become an over-night comedian.

ndu_chucks:

The bolded is the kind of ideology which keeps Africans uncivilized.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
ndu-chucks,, i will like to know who the hell you are cos i,ll derive a lot of pleasure not to split ur head with a blunt axe cos that,ll not do me any good but to dip you inside a tank filled with conc acid.guy you are disgusting,together with your rhino,bluetooth and the rest of you fools.must you make fun of everything, i despise you and wish i,ll have a chance to meet and know who you are.i,ll skin you alive.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 09, 2012
splashbaby:

Nairalanders are full of clowns. How can U say Ojukwu shud be buried in the North when his greatest influence was his identity as an Igbo, he fought and live that cause

If obasanjo and sambo can be ibos,why cant oju-iku be hausa ?
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nduchucks: 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
ChinenyeN:

LMFAO once again!  

Okwute Egyptians pifuka gi dat ya hand wey you dey take type. olodo

@gbosaa, please try and hurt the fly following you arround first before threatening shadows. dummy
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Dede1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Gbosa gbosa, Dende Ecomog soldier

You wan kill us for this thread.

Can i ask where do Igbos now "burial" their pipo wey die from HIV

Daokuta:

You are a celebrated mooncalf if you could catch only one typo in the post.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
dayokanu:

OP and Eze ndigbo Nairaland,

I have a different proposal.

Given the importance of Malam Abdul-[b]MUMU[/b]ni Ojuku, the burial should be in phases.

He should first be buried for 2 years in Israel the land of his fore father since he is a Jew  cool

After 2 years exhumed and taken to Abijan his adopted home and where he ran to  wink

Next, exhumed and he should be taken to the headquarters of cross-dressers in the world since he was the first recorded crossdresser  sad

After another 2 years taken to the compound of Benjamin Adekunle the man who sent him to exile  shocked

After another 2 years take him to Zungeru his place of birth  smiley

After another 2 years dismember him and dump the remains in Atlantic ocean so that the known cannibals wont feast on it  embarassed

Lastly his manhood should be given to Patience where she would make it live on

This is my submission

~Bluetooth:

Nope,atlantic ocean is cool.

Mrs Retardden needs his manhood
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dede1:

Daokuta:

You are a celebrated mooncalf if you could catch only one typo in the post.

Dende the legendary m0r0n.

What does B-U-R-Y and B-U-R-I-A-L have in common? You typed additional 2 alphabets and you claimed it was a typo?

Are you senile already? Or has the Post traumatic disorder caused by Adekunle turned you into Ugwu vegetable already
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by basadenet: 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
Why should he be buried in the North? May be you should have suggested your own home town.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by DRANOEL(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
@gbosaa

theres s much violent energy around you, why i don't you make good use of it by taking a trip to maiduguri?
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2012
ak47mann:

go and offload awolika wrinkle skeleton first naa  u think sayy lagoon fish no want awoliko bones8)

Ak,you need to ignore some ppl here who will desend to any lenght to distract you from making a useful contribution!!
Stay away from all the yiba-ara ppl including BLUETOOTH,DAYOKUNU,RHINO,EKO ILE and the rest YIBA-ARA ppl.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by ChinenyeN(m): 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2012
LOL and now he wants to take his comedy to new heights. So soon?

ndu_chucks:

Okwute Egyptians pifuka gi dat ya hand wey you dey take type. olodo
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Dede1(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The bolded is the kind of ideology which keeps Africans uncivilized. When are you people going to learn of some of the primary principles of civilization and move out of the bush for good? You, a whole well published and internationally recognized University professor who lives in diaspora should know better. Learn one or two things from yoour adopted country, biko. Take your USA for example, do the white folks carry their dead to their ancestral land in England, Austrailia, Russia, etc for burial? nwanne, its time to jettison some of these dumb ideologies; O bu mmuo ndi na-efe na-egbu ha

May I recommend that posters show some respect and stop the insults. like it or not, Ojukwu remains one of the greatest Nigerians ever.

We are not juggling ideologies in this post but a fundamental aspect of peoples’ way of life and behavior also known as tradition. We must not cow-tow to the many life styles doctored by the Europeans. I could not believe my eyes will see a day when a group of people had to be indicted because of their strict adherence to culture and tradition. Even Asians with numerous contributions to the so-called civilization still embrace their culture and tradition religiously.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Reggie2(m): 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Some of you dummies are consumed by effeminate emotionalism to the extent that you fail to discuss the bigger issue of residency, raised in this thread. Olodos.

The man deserves to be buried in his homeland, Zungeru.

The greatness of Odimegwu Ojukwu to Ndigbo is enormous and beats the wildest imagination of the feeble minded. His departure is being celebrated all over, home and in diaspora. How does one equate greatness?:

He took up the Federal side without weapon or fear and resisted for years. Obj later accused him that, the ability to resist for so long meant that Ojukwu had planned a war long before joining the army - it beat his poor imagination.

Pronouncement of his heavily accented igbo names - CHUKWUEMEKA ODIMEGWU OJUKWU sent chills down the spine of enemy soldiers during the war. When a war zone went tough, he joined the battle and morals were high

When the war became hopeless, as shameless the federal side sought outside support to fight BIAFRA, Ojukwu left Effiong to  negotiate a surrender with Igbo pride still intact. Britain forced Gowan to accept a no victor no vanquish verdict having previously forced him to re-negate the Aburi accord.

He could have opted for a hit and run suicide style of warfare against the federal side but he was too big, too decent for that kind of barbaric method. Thus he saved many Igbo lives and retained their Igbo pride.

Because he believed that he who fights and run away, will live to fight another day, he came back a hero to the chagrin of his cowardly detractors.

Ndigbo have overtaken their sworn enemies especially in commerce and they are dying with envy. The hight of this anger and enviousness is anchored on the man who led the resistance. He is[b] DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODIMEGWU OJUKWU - EZE IGBO GBURUBGURU[/b]

This is why some of them would have him thrown into the ocean as a revenge for their obsessive hatred for Ndigbo. However the world will witness how an African hero is buried na ALA IGBO  

IGBO KWENU!!!
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Dede1(m): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Dende the legendary m0r0n.

What does B-U-R-Y and B-U-R-I-A-L have in common? You typed additional 2 alphabets and you claimed it was a typo?

Are you senile already? Or has the Post traumatic disorder caused by Adekunle turned you into Ugwu vegetable already

Benjamin Adekunle was forced into a wharf traffic warden job by gallant boys from Biafra. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the photograph of diminutive and wide-mouthed Adekunle directing wharf traffic under the intensive heat of the sun. Till today the wide-mouthed punk from Ogbomosho had never recovered from the post traumatic shock received when he was demoted from GOC to wharf traffic warden.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by ak47mann(m): 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Ak,you need to ignore some ppl here who will desend to any lenght to distract you from making a useful contribution!!
Stay away from all the yiba-ara ppl including BLUETOOTH,DAYOKUNU,RHINO,EKO ILE and the rest YIBA-ARA ppl.
i notice those bloody Yoruba jealous fools cant help it i will ignore them got no time for waste-man cool cool
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dede1:

Benjamin Adekunle was forced into a wharf traffic warden by gallant boys from Biafra. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the photograph of diminutive and wide-mouthed Adekunle directing wharf traffic under the intensive heat of the sun. Till today the wide-mouthed punk from Ogbomosho had never recovered from the post traumatic shock received when he was demoted from GOC to wharf traffic warden.

Bros shey na Adekunle make you write Burial instead of Bury?
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
@DRANOEL, why should i take a trip to maiduguri,i,ve never been there and have no business there,,by the way BOKO HARAM and their supporters are all cowards, if you want to fight somebody,do so openly and fairly.BY THAT I MEAN DONT FIGHT AN UNARMED PERSON WHEN YOU ARE ARMED.dont fight and hide,thats COWARDICE,AND BY THE WAY,I WAS IN KADUNA FEW YRS AGO DURING ZAGON KATAF,I WAS NOT ARMED BUT MY FRIENDS AND I MANAGED TO KILL 4 NORTHERN BASTARDS.I WILL DO THAT AGAIN IF I GET THE CHANCE, i,ll be in my hood and if you or any of your hater friends want to feel the fury,you are very welcome.nairaland sucks,its full of haters and cowards.i do not like people like willy willy etc who i think is igbo who,ll disrespect anything yoruba as much i do to ppl like rhino,bluetooth,dayokanu. who dont see anything good about the igbos, i believe nigeria shld be one and everybody deserves respect and the right to live peacefully, dont fucking tell me about maiduguri cos those bastards are cowards and they,ll all die horrible deaths when the time comes, peace to all the peacemakers and restlessness and death to all haters of peace.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Dede1(m): 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Bros shey na Adekunle make you write Burial instead of Bury?

I wished it was the time I had some jigs with EDS under INS show, I would have smoked your black arse out of McKinney during my several visits to Plano, TX. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by kizito96(m): 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
He cannot be buried in the North. You killed his people and want to make a hero of him as a semi northerner. Its impossible
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Marlboro1: 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
You dum fake, go post about your fellow Boko Haram terrorist friends and brothers. May the great one strike you down for trying to ridicule him.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nduchucks: 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2012
Reggie2:

The greatness of Odimegwu Ojukwu to Ndigbo is enormous and beats the wildest imagination of the feeble minded. His departure is being celebrated all over, home and in diaspora. How does one equate greatness?:

He took up the Federal side without weapon or fear and resisted for years. Obj later accused him that, the ability to resist for so long meant that Ojukwu had planned a war long before joining the army - it beat his poor imagination.

Pronouncement of his heavily accented igbo names - CHUKWUEMEKA ODIMEGWU OJUKWU sent chills down the spine of enemy soldiers during the war. When a war zone went tough, he joined the battle and morals were high

When the war became hopeless, as shameless the federal side sought outside support to fight BIAFRA, Ojukwu left Effiong to negotiate a surrender with Igbo pride still intact. Britain forced Gowan to accept a no victor no vanquish verdict having previously forced him to re-negate the Aburi accord.

He could have opted for a hit and run suicide style of warfare against the federal side but he was too big, too decent for that kind of barbaric method. Thus he saved many Igbo lives and retained their Igbo pride.

Because he believed that he who fights and run away, will live to fight another day, he came back a hero to the chagrin of his cowardly detractors.

Ndigbo have overtaken their sworn enemies especially in commerce and they are dying with envy. The hight of this anger and enviousness is anchored on the man who led the resistance. He is[b] DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODIMEGWU OJUKWU - EZE IGBO GBURUBGURU[/b]

This is why some of them would have him thrown into the ocean as a revenge for their obsessive hatred for Ndigbo. However the world will witness how an African hero is buried na ALA IGBO

IGBO KWENU!!!

+1000

Ojukwu was indubitably a Great Nigerian.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by Marlboro1: 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2012
The interesting thing here is this thread is truely exposing all the Igbo wannabes. See all of them assuming Igbo names but actually betraying their true identities. The thread is turning out useful after all.
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by dustydee: 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
The man is dead and the living are killing themselves over his dead body. smh sad
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by isalegan2: 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
OP, the place where you were born is not always where you consider your homeland.  I would not rest if they were to bury me in America (God Forbid it!). shocked  I'm sure you've heard of, or met, people who were born to military or diplomat parents on foreign soil, they don't consider themselves foreign citizens nau.

BTW, Does anyone know why he hasn't been buried yet.  Sorry, it is shocking to me.  No disrespect o.  We bury our dead within 24hours unless there are extreme circumstances. (To some, no reason is good enough for delay.)
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by xpagnol: 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2012
hahaahahaahh, The idiot finally said its his own suggestion because i was keen to see the date he will go to Anambra and do it himself. So i would'nt waste my time on a mere FOOLSSSSSSSSS suggestions. Thanks
Re: Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North by nduchucks: 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
isale_gan2:

OP, the place where you were born is not always where you consider your homeland.  I would not rest if they were to bury me in America (God Forbid it!). shocked  I'm sure you've heard of, or met, people who were born to military or diplomat parents on foreign soil, they don't consider themselves foreign citizens nau.

BTW, Does anyone know why he hasn't been buried yet. Sorry, it is shocking to me. No disrespect o. We bury our dead within 24hours unless there are extreme circumstances.

Being born to military or diplomat parents on foreign soil is an obvious exception, don't you think?

One of our major problems in Nigeria is that, people who have lived in areas for 50 or more years, including those who are born in the same areas, are denied full legal rights, property rights, and even the right to contest for political offices in those areas.   We must stop this abusive acts if we are going to progress as a nation.  Why must ndigbo or Yorubas who have lived all of their lives in the North be deemed as "foreigners" simply because their ancestral homes are a misely several hundred miles away?  Why must a Northerner who lives in the South suffer the same fate?  This is the issue I am trying to highlight here.

Progress is when an Igbo man can become the governor of Lagos state, and a Hausa man, a governor of Enugu - so to speak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 / Umahi To Ebonyi Youths: Remove Your Minds From Politics, Be Successful First / Peter Obi: Much Ado About Funding From Diasporans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.