Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts (3653 Views)

When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? / When is it OK to Cheat on your Partner? / [Kissing] Your Partner Doesn't Know How To Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2012
My guy and i where hanging out at our usual spot, an he told me about his girl. He said she spends more than her budget and at times makes him pay for the debt she owes . He says the most recent one was that she bought things from his cousin and after waiting for her to pay the remainder of what she owes ( 48k), the cousin now reverted to my guy. And has been on my guys neck to pay up. Although some items she took where for him, he says he s not gonna pay. He is thinking of staying away from her, She s really a nice person, but her exhorbitant spending is an issue. Besides my guys funds are really down now, he saybs he has a project he s working on and will not channel his funds to payin off debts. Is it good to pay up your partner's debts? Will you do it without grudge?
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by iice(f): 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
Only in worthy situations.
spending over one's budget is that person's wahala.

And your friend is going to drain himself all in the name 'bf/gf relationship'.
She's not his wife or daughter. Even then some lines must be drawn. He is enabling her.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Claus(m): 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
If one wants to help a partner to pay off their debts and start on a clean slate of financial discipline, then that's not a bad thing.

However, continually rescuing a partner because of their lack of financial discipline is a recipe for disaster. Money is one of the major things that breaks down relationships.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
She's always going to expect him to come to her rescue and not be financially responsible. He has his own plans for the money (his money!), so there's no reason why he should keep putting his goals on hold for her. Right now, they're only bf/gf. If they get married it would be an even bigger problem, if she doesn't change now.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
Only if the person is my husband.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by born2boink(m): 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2012
Your friend case small, i have been original mugu,if i swear on what i did to ex girlfriend, you people will pity and even some nairaland will cry for me, me being a bad boy is not ordinary, i suffered from ex girlfriend no bi, i was one of the greatest mugu, she drain my life even my friend talk said my case worst than the person they used juju for, thank GOD bad boy has made me a better version,i can not be 100% good any more, i suffer for funmi hand o, na GOD go judge her, na she turn my goodboy to badboy
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Mynd44: 12:20am On Feb 10, 2012
rokiatu:

Only if the person is my husband.
SMH sadly
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by slimyem: 12:27am On Feb 10, 2012
only if the debt was incurred for a productive reason and i can afford it!
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by fellabrims: 10:25am On Feb 10, 2012
slimyem:

only if the debt was incurred for a productive reason and i can afford it!

Best answer i read thus far. .
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 10, 2012
Nah, There must be strong commitments. . .But sometimes an Aid is an Aid. undecided

We've all gone extra lengths to please or make someone happy at some point in time.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 10, 2012
@Fortun4all At Close to 6m Annually, shouldn't u be resting? undecided
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by GWslim(f): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2012
The Guy need to be careful with this type of lday if not she will wreck him.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Okontami: 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
@ Poster, what is your problem? Do you pay every time you insert your rod in her hole? Thats the payment you are making now. You better call her to order urgently to be sure if she really loves you. I once had a parasite like that, One night i just ensured i banged the hell out of her after using some bad roots. In the morning she left, i deleted her number and refused to call her or pick her calls. You better be wise.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by eghost247(m): 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
iice:

Only in worthy situations.
spending over one's budget is that person's wahala.

And your friend is going to drain himself all in the name 'bf/gf relationship'.
She's not his wife or daughter. Even then some lines must be drawn. He is enabling her.

cheesy cheesy cheesy well said
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Okijajuju1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
NO! angry

God Punish her!! angry

She know my financial situation?! angry

Her papa!! angry

I will even call the police to arrest her jor!! angry

And stand as a material witness for the prosecution at her trial. angry
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

NO! angry

God Punish her!! angry

She know my financial situation?! angry

Her papa!! angry

I will even call the police to arrest her jor!! angry

And stand as a material witness for the prosecution at her trial. angry
for what now
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
Thank you all for your views, what iice said was exactlly what i told him. But you see people are difèrent and so is the way they reason. If he doesn't help her, she would say he doesn't care about her. And if he does , it is to his own deteriment. But thats the way it is. We all have to sacrifice something for those we care about.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by kpolli(m): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
I think I know the girl
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Dyt(f): 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2012
^ u ll sure pay 4 me
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by jaybee3(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
Yes as long as the debt wasn't incurred whilst she was trying to live above her means.

I'm always for worthy causes so ain't got a problem with footing bills
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by afm4ever(m): 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2012
Cut ur coate according to ur size
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by kpolli(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
dyt, don't i already pay undecided
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Dyt(f): 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
i got one last nyt
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by kpolli(m): 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2012
Send the invoice over kiss
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Dyt(f): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2012
ryt away
btw
wats 4 val?
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by pynkspyce: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
she isnt nice if she is incurring debt for him
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Outstrip(f): 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2012
Paying off a girlfriend/boyfriends debt is never a good idea. It does not matter if it is for a productive reason or not. If you guys get married then that is something else. Even after marriage you still have to draw the line somewhere.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by no1madman(m): 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
No fuckin way,Unless she get 2 vaginas!
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2012
Ofcourse if the debts are worthy & not extravagant.
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2012
only if she is my wife. Otherwise, Zap her
Re: Will You Pay Up Your Partner's Debts by Sagamite(m): 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
You should change the title of your thread by adding the adjective "irresponsible" before debt.

I can pay (and I have paid) ex-girlfriends debt before but no way in hell would I pay for anyone's irresponsible debt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Which Do You Prefer,a Career Woman Or A Housewife?? / Photos: Nigerian Girl Rolls On The Floor Out Of Joy After Boyfriend Proposed / Day 2 of the crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.