Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City (3058 Views)

Anambra: CCTV Security Gadgets Records Successes At Onitsha City / Onitsha City Monorail By Globim International / Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by chino11(m): 10:13pm On Feb 09, 2012
There was still tension this afternoon in Onitsha, the commercial city of Anambra State, and Asaba the capital of Delta State, following a clashes and reprisal attacks against northerners in Onitsha in which two Hausas may have been killed.

Bloody clashes sparked by a police killing of bus driver in Onitsha was connected to the incessant killing of the Igbos in the Northern part of the country by the Boko Haram sect.

Commercial and vehicular activities were disrupted in ever-busy Onitsha during the clashes as people scampered for their lives.

In Asaba, the ‘B’ Divisional Police Station of the Delta State Police Command became a refugee camp as scores of Nigerians of Northern origin fled into it for protection.

When this reporter visited the Command, there were over 200 of the returnees from Onitsha at the police station, and at least six of them were spotting machete injuries. They were treated at the police clinic.
There was panic in the popular Abraka area, a district that most northerners in Asaba reside in and carry out economic activities, as the refugees were being brought in batches.

Although there was no form of attack in the area, sources said hoodlums had cashed in on the confusion to unleash mayhem on some northerners in Asaba. One of the injured claimed he was attacked by hoodlums who dispossessed him of his motorcycle, cell phone and ATM card.

There was a huge sigh of relief from the general anxiety when the police started patrolling the area through to the River Niger head bridge to prevent the crisis from spreading into Asaba as well as douse the mounting tension around Abraka area.

The Divisional Police Officer in-charge of ‘B’ Division, Usman Yusuf assured that the situation was already being controlled. He said the police would do everything possible to protect lives and property in the area and ensure that nobody was attacked irrespective of place of region.

The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Charles Muka, described Asaba as “peaceful,” stressimg there was no crisis between the Hausa and Ibo communities in Asaba. “It was Onitsha we heard that there is misunderstanding between the Hausa and Ibo communities not in Asaba and as I talk to you now our men have taken position in all Hausa settlements in Asaba and its environs so there is no cause for alarm,” he said.

Muka debunked rumours of any killing in Asaba as according to him. “No single person lost his or her life in Asaba regarding that issue,” he stated.

Meanwhile, faced with unprecedented crimes in Warri, the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Mamman Tsafe, has relocated to Warri area of the state. Armed robbery and kidnapping have become almost a daily affair in Warri and its environs.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/anambra-and-delta-states-still-tense-northerners-flee-onitsha-after-police-killing
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by chino11(m): 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
I feel like leaving my house in Awka now to head to Onitsha. This abokis should be wiped out. Nonsense.
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ordinarily, I'm never one to condone and cheer bloody violence but in my darker moments of indignation at the hordes of crude, cave men barbarians of the North, I wish carnage to be wrought on some of their men if only to teach some of their brain-dead savages that they don't have the monopoly of violence.

That's the savage I'm morphing into.
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by MeAboki(m): 12:26am On Feb 10, 2012
^^^^^^Just like your brothers in this picture.

Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by bashr8: 12:38am On Feb 10, 2012
Me_Aboki:

^^^^^^Just like your brothers in this picture.

those are your northern abok brothers from post election violence going to murder youth corpers, shameless animals.
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by bashr8: 12:40am On Feb 10, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

Ordinarily, I'm never one to condone and cheer bloody violence but in my darker moments of indignation at the hordes of crude, cave men barbarians of the North, I wish carnage to be wrought on some of their men if only to teach some of their brain-dead savages that they don't have the monopoly of violence.

That's the savage I'm morphing into.

somehow i feel the same way but its really of no use , not as if they value their lives. the best option still remains total disintergration so we wont have igbo civil servant, or corpers being posted to the north.
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by bashr8: 12:41am On Feb 10, 2012
chino11:

I feel like leaving my house in Awka now to head to Onitsha. This abokis should be wiped out. Nonsense.
nwayo kwa
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by aljharem(m): 12:44am On Feb 10, 2012
bashr8:

nwayo kwa

I hope you are not supporting the nonsense chino11 wrote ?
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by bashr8: 12:46am On Feb 10, 2012
alj harem:

I hope you are not supporting the nonsense chino11 wrote ?

i wish i can slap people over the internet , wetin concern you
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by aljharem(m): 12:49am On Feb 10, 2012
bashr8:

i wish i can slap people over the internet , wetin concern you
LOL grin

was it not you that wanted bigotry to end ?
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by bashr8: 12:51am On Feb 10, 2012
alj harem:

LOL grin

was it not you that wanted bigotry to end ?

as long as seun and your moderators continue with their evil bigotry am not going anywwhere neither will it end , since seun is ready to rubbish the image of his yoruba group because of money we will help him do that
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by aljharem(m): 12:56am On Feb 10, 2012
bashr8:

as long as seun and your moderators continue with their evil bigotry am not going anywwhere neither will it end , since seun is ready to rubbish the image of his yoruba group because of money we will help him do that

Funny enough, Seun has never call himself yoruba but Nigerian.

That is what bigotry does you people, it blinds you to the reality on ground. smh
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by bashr8: 12:59am On Feb 10, 2012
alj harem:

Funny enough, Seun has never call himself yoruba but Nigerian.

That is what bigotry does you people, it blinds you to the reality on ground. smh

of course he will cal himself nigerian cus its not yorubas image that is being tarnished with his website.
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by Nobody: 2:28am On Feb 10, 2012
bashr8:

the yorubas will continue to rubbish themselves on this forum indefinately.due to their bad attitudes and lack of respect for other tribes,SS tribes whom they have been trying to claim all these years with fabricated stories based on lies,falsehood and fairytales have begun to disown them.
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by MeAboki(m): 11:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
bashr8:

those are your northern abok brothers from post election violence going to murder youth corpers, shameless animals.

If anyone is to be blamed for the picture it should be your brother, Austyn Ogannah, the publisher; here is the link, and while at it you can also click on about us (on the website) to learn more about him.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/12362-Igbos-Attacking-Northerners-Onitsha-Asaba-Sources.html

As for your reference to animals; you really ought to know that all humans are indeed animals but some are more animals than others, however, who else is more deserving to be considered an animal other than the type that EATS his OWN kind, A CANNIBAL - need I say more, Mr animal CANNIBAL. angry
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by ziga: 11:21pm On Feb 10, 2012
chima12:

the yorubas will continue to rubbish themselves on this forum indefinately.due to their bad attitudes and[b] lack of respect for other tribes[/b],SS tribes whom they have been trying to claim all these years with fabricated stories based on lies,falsehood and fairytales have begun to disown them.

What kind of rubbish are u posting.

If anybody is trying to claim SS it is the "Nairaland Igbo warriors" New name now is SS/SE.
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by bashr8: 11:39pm On Feb 10, 2012
Me_Aboki:

If anyone is to be blamed for the picture it should be your brother, Austyn Ogannah, the publisher; here is the link, and while at it you can also click on about us (on the website) to learn more about him.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/12362-Igbos-Attacking-Northerners-Onitsha-Asaba-Sources.html

As for your reference to animals; you really ought to know that all humans are indeed animals but some are more animals than others, however, who else is more deserving to be considered an animal other than the type that EATS his OWN kind, A CANNIBAL - need I say more, Mr animal CANNIBAL. angry

yes we know the animals and canibals indeed, the people that have been murdering men,women and children and cutting up pregnant women yes you hausa fulanis, the people that walkaround with dagger looking for who to stab at slightest provocation , the people that burn and eat their enemies all located in the north so yes some animals are yet to evolved .
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by MeAboki(m): 9:47am On Feb 11, 2012
^^^^^So you are now disowning your own culture and tradition, too disgusting even for you to accept, ehn?
Well, I don't blame you, I am equally disgusted myself; but then again, you ppl can always hide behind your religion, since CANNIBALISM is at least symbolically an integral part of Christian ritual e.g. at the Last Supper, in the New Testament, Jesus gave his disciples bread to eat and told them it was his body and said the wine they were to drink was his blood. On another occasion, he explained: "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood possesses eternal life. . . . Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood dwells continually in me and I dwell in him."
Re: Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City by hakanai(m): 10:02am On Feb 11, 2012
After much the policeman is Samuel ojana. NA wah o!this stupid Igbo touts and the massob leader don go unleash mayhem on the wrong persons.anyway they always hoped and wanted to do something like that since.needed a reason only that they got false alarm.inyamiri and wahalah.a I make person back some Igbo here see! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Download The National Conference 2014 Report Here And Please Read It. / B.R.E.A.K.I.N.G.....Buhari Floors Jonathan In Borno State....premiumtimes / Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars Stolen By President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.