Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think (3492 Views)

After JAMB UTME: What Next? / NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash / After 2013 JAMB UTME - What Is Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by Jeel: 10:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
The Senate on Thursday endorsed the Post-Universities and other Tertiary Matriculation Examination (Post-UTME) despite the controversy that has trailed its introduction by the nation’s tertiary institutions.
The Senate also advocated the complete ban of all Special Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Examination Centres popularly called ‘Miracle centres’
The upper legislative chamber also noted that JAMB is currently faced with a lot of challenges in the conduct of “fool-proof” matriculation examinations but noted that the agency has not failed.
These followed the consideration of the report of the Senate Committee on Education, on the investigation of illegality of Post UTME and the failure of JAMB to conduct examinations acceptable to universities during plenary in Abuja.
The Chairman of the Committee, Senator Uche Chukwumerije while presenting the report, noted that the “Post-UTME is not illegal.”
“No stakeholder during the public hearing challenged its legality. Rather, some (especially JAMB) queried the propriety and legality of the written part of Post-UTME’s screening exercise,” Chukwumerije said.
He said the committee considered Post UTME “both legal and legitimate” because the Act setting up JAMB allows it, while the Statue of each university gives its Senate power of admission and discipline of students.
He added that the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2003 has not been abrogated.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/36266-senate-endorses-post-utme.html
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by Jeel: 7:50am On Feb 10, 2012
That means the universities are more credible
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by Jeel: 8:22am On Feb 10, 2012
Lol
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 10, 2012
kudos to them, if not for post ume, i wouldn't have been a graduate.
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by DrummaBoy(m): 9:22am On Feb 10, 2012
Did they consider that d Uni's are only replicating JAMB's effort, wasting resources?
They should kuku scrap JAMB!
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by garba(m): 9:44am On Feb 10, 2012
, /--)
, /, /
, /, (__ ____
▓▓ , ((_I_ __)
▓▓, ((_ I___)
▓▓, ((_ I___)
▓▓---.___((_I__
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by flexdee(m): 9:49am On Feb 10, 2012
It's pointless and baseless for Senate to endorse post Utme when you consider the resources been wasted on a yearly basis. That makes UTME a toothless bulldog. grin grin grin
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by ektbear: 10:19am On Feb 10, 2012
Post utme makes sense. Helps root out those who cheated on jamb.
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by Immarnuel(m): 10:23am On Feb 10, 2012
jamb and post utme needs combined, because its a complete waste of time and money, must they over-work student before they know their ability. ****Motto: naija where everything is upside down. Versa-vice
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by AMALOSHE: 10:28am On Feb 10, 2012
Post UTME, has no syllabus,thus candidates are tested with questions from no where, ,questions are most times not relevant to the proposed field of studies for which the candidates are duly prepared  ,,, Universities, especially state universities use that opportunity to hand pick candidates of their interests,to meet the Governor"s lists, his wife"s list, the VC" lists, the Registrar"s list, the senate had better think twice.
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by Jack2fit(m): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2012
Chai so thm chop our money knw giv us admissn ha 9ja senators wel it wil favour thm dat meanz after JAMB wil stil dnt hv hope of admissn
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by faboben10: 11:38am On Feb 10, 2012
U nid 2 c how jamb was conducted in ph last yr. I was astonished when we were ordered 2 pay #1000 each. After d majority paid i was left in d class in 1st 30mins. So sad, jamb is not credible.
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by GWslim(f): 11:43am On Feb 10, 2012
faboben10:

U nid 2 c how jamb was conducted in ph last yr. I was astonished when we were ordered 2 pay #1000 each. After d majority paid i was left in d class in 1st 30mins. So sad, jamb is not credible.

The payment must be an arrangement within the supervisor and invigilators.
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by babanne(m): 11:46am On Feb 10, 2012
Bravo!! Welcome development!!!Universities have been recording better performance since the post UTME has benn introddued. Other serious higher institutions should start conducting post UTME ASAP.
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by PHIPEX(m): 11:49am On Feb 10, 2012
yorke:

kudos to them, if not for post ume, i wouldn't have been a graduate.

Same wt me, How do u explain someone scoring 290 in JAMB but 190 in PUME?
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^Question!
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by Mobinga: 1:34am On Feb 11, 2012
flexdee:

It's pointless and baseless for Senate to endorse post Utme when you consider the resources been wasted on a yearly basis. That makes UTME a toothless bulldog. grin grin grin

Regardless of the cost of running the exams, its benefits massively outweigh its demerits.
Re: Senate Endorse Post Utme:what Do You Think by ncpat(m): 5:04am On Feb 11, 2012
AMALOSHE:

Post UTME, has no syllabus,thus candidates are tested with questions from no where, ,questions are most times not relevant to the proposed field of studies for which the candidates are duly prepared  ,,, Universities, especially state universities use that opportunity to hand pick candidates of their interests,to meet the Governor"s lists, his wife"s list, the VC" lists, the Registrar"s list, the senate had better think twice.

you have to tell us more base on the post-utme you have written before because the one i wrote was made up of maths and english and you can not say maths and enlish are questions from nowhere so please explain more.

(1) (Reply)

44 Things You Never Knew Had Names / Identifying Grammatical Names And Functions / How Important Are The Other Planets Of the Universe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.