Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport (8807 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / BA Plane’s Wing Clips S’africa OR Tambo Airport Building / Protesting Passengers Block Arik Air Flight At Abuja Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by fred2265: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
These planes are usually fitted with equipment to aid them landing just using instruments. That said, it must have been startling for the pilot to lose the light while landing so well done to him and his crew for not panicking but keeping his concentration and getting his passengers down safely.

[img]http://s01.flagcounter.com/count/7uR/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageviews=0[/img][img]http://s10.flagcounter.com/count/oH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageviews=0[/img][img]http://2.s01.flagcounter.com/count/7uR/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageviews=0[/img]
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by KayDee4: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
Scary shame !! SMH undecided undecided
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2012
I am not suprise. GEJ govt is full of darkness.
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by nagoma(m): 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
@dejust

Sunrise in Abuja in the last few days is at about 6,52 am. The plane was landing an hour before sunris. At home one requires additional light for tasks such as preparing early breakfast. I don't know about planes and their light requirements. The plane landed , obviously that amount of illumination was okay.
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by Freesia(f): 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
27naira:

@OP

Na today?

The last time i came into the country, shei they cut power supply while we were waiting for our luggage. I nearly stripped nake.d. Naija na serious case-study.
lol @ nearly stripping nake.d !! don't let those Custom people/airport staff come running to you with blankets to cover you,they will only suffocate you  smiley
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by Thespecialone(m): 8:54pm On Feb 10, 2012
Several months ago, an arik flight took off from benin to lagos in darkness and benin airport doesn't have night lights, granted that taking off is alot more easier than landing especially when the pilot is familiar with the airport, he would know how long to taxi before taking off.
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by Thespecialone(m): 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
With proper guidance from the control tower and the aid of the on board instrumnents, its possible to land an air craft in pitch darkness but my question is how come the airport authorities don't have a system that connects the run way lights to a ups in case the Generator fails?
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by OmoTier1(m): 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2012
Thespecialone:

With proper guidance from the control tower and the aid of the on board instrumnents, its possible to land an air craft in pitch darkness but my question is how come the airport authorities don't have a system that connects the run way lights to a ups in case the Generator fails?
Common on you! Do you know the watts required by runway lights to have connected to a UPS would be a futile effort!
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by Freesia(f): 10:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Common on you! Do you know the watts required by runway lights to have connected to a UPS would be a futile effort!

Hey Omo_Tier1 how are you doing
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by Revolva(m): 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2012
Na today, Its not new na, it just part of our culture
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by OmoTier1(m): 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2012
Freesia:

Hey Omo_Tier1 how are you doing
'm doing great, enoying me tea with the snow wink, hw r u doing?, ving a fun weekend then?
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by razznaija(f): 2:31am On Feb 11, 2012
Welcome to Nigeria!!!
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by Gilbertman(m): 9:46am On Feb 11, 2012
Shame shame shame,cry cry cry, my beloved fatherland.Erratic power supply is not a new occurence in Nigeria,and I would have believe or hope that successive Ministers or Presidents take a definite stand in addressing the situation.But nay,it is getting so bad that vital facilities in the country are experiencing the same national problem.Even the alternate power supply, the generator, could not be maintained efficient enough for this occurence to stop!!!!!!
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by beespak7(m): 5:56am On Feb 12, 2012
And is this supposed to be a breaking news or what? we the poor masses have been putting up whit this sheet for over 50years now, dem ministers should better get used to it btw president jonathan is supposed to be personally in charge of electricity matters, or thats what he promised when he was newly innaugurated.
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by Freesia(f): 12:40pm On Feb 12, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

'm doing great, enoying me tea with the snow  wink, hw r u doing?, ving a fun weekend then?

hahaha you admit you aving tea? I can see the snow has brought a stop to things Again !!gotta say I kinda miss Manchy/Jand during the snow storm,No work,Nah stayed in this weekend
Re: Ba Plane Lands In Darkness At Abuja Airport by ebereokey(m): 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
When will naija ever experience constant power supply...shame shame shame..... .complete

(1) (2) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge May Collapse Soon? It Vibrates / Study In Latvia 2015 / Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.