Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties (8708 Views)

FGGC, Akure Cooks Pick Pads Of Students For "Ritual Purposes" / University Of Ibadan Expels 80 Students / Admission Into Various Schools Of Nursing Is Still Open - Get Your Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by mukina2: 9:57am On Feb 10, 2012
Enugu State University of Science and Technology, (ESUT) on Thursday announced the immediate expulsion of about 544 students.
The affected students were alleged to have secured what was termed as illegal admission into various faculties in the institution.
Most of the affected students were said to be in their final year.
Serious tension has gripped the university community as most of the affected students have threatened a showdown with some of the university officials who reportedly facilitated their illegal admission into the institution.
A press statement issued by the University’s Director of Public Relations, Mr. Ossy Ugwuoti said the expulsion is with immediate effect.
"The Senate of the University at its 232nd meeting observed that students from various faculties and departments of study had secured admission illegally into the university.
“The Senate has therefore directed the affected students, who are at their various years of study to stop participating in all school activities, return all ESUT materials in their possession and vacate the University premises immediately," he said.
The University authorities also warned that any of the affected students found on the campus of the university would be arrested, adding that the names of the affected persons had been forwarded to the police for necessary action.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/36259-illegal-admission-esut-expels-544-students.html
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by soma042(m): 10:11am On Feb 10, 2012
oh what a wicked country im i part of . yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy now
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by Raxxye(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2012
It‘s not too late to clean-up the mess. If they entered the school through questionable processes, it‘s only right they are shown the way out to serve as a deterrent to others. Some of these so-called students do not have the basic entry requirements. Many students get admitted through somebody who knows somebody who knows the secretary to the deputy registrar!
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by dejust(m): 10:33am On Feb 10, 2012
The list is in earnest as JAMB has not closed for 2012 exam forms. More job and more money for JAMB. The university authority need to pay them back some of the fees they paid or are the fees not illegal too?
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by 2Mekus: 10:35am On Feb 10, 2012
Is it that they forged their entry papers (qualifications) or that they did not go through JAMB? What is the actual offence? Why did it take almost 4 yers to fish them out? If the entry was gained illegally, then some officials' heads must roll on the ground.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by soma042(m): 10:39am On Feb 10, 2012
Illegal admission: ESUT expels 544 students
By Chris Oji 16 hours 43 minutes ago
Font size:  

Enugu State University of Science and Technology, (ESUT) on Thursday announced the immediate expulsion of about 544 students.
The affected students were  alleged to have secured what was termed as illegal admission into various faculties in the institution.
Most of the affected students were said to be in their final year.
Serious tension has gripped the university community as most of the affected students have threatened a showdown with some of the university officials who reportedly facilitated their illegal admission into the institution.  
A press statement issued by the University’s Director of Public Relations, Mr. Ossy Ugwuoti said the expulsion is with immediate effect.
"The Senate of the University at its 232nd meeting observed that students from various faculties and departments of study had secured admission illegally into the university.
“The Senate has therefore directed the affected students, who are at their various years of study to stop participating in all school activities, return all ESUT materials in their possession and vacate the University premises immediately," he said.
The University authorities also warned that any of the affected students found on the campus of the university would be arrested,  adding that the names of the affected persons had been forwarded to the police for necessa act
who 8 my monie ?
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by Afam4eva(m): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2012
Who gave them admission in the first plane and why must they wait until some of them are in their final year before expelling. These act can lead people to suicide.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by abiolag(m): 11:14am On Feb 10, 2012
It's high tym our govt pay more attention to d Education system.A sch dat gives fake admission in d first place should b shutdown and d students must b compesated
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by stepo707: 11:16am On Feb 10, 2012
It happens all the time.Nothing new
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by badesco(m): 11:21am On Feb 10, 2012
The students affected are their own worst enemy, why? because they have all opportunities in this world to regularized their papers before the school descend on them as they have done now.To me, they deserve what they get.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by sheyguy: 11:46am On Feb 10, 2012
This is what must of our public schools av become. ESUT has done the right thing as far as i am concerned and are on the right track. that 400+ guanine students denied admission during the exercise few years back.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by gabyosz: 11:47am On Feb 10, 2012
where was the school so call authority when this student move from year 1 to year 3 if you must  know must of this student dont even know that their admission is illegal. as long their as ther result is not fake you can not tell them to level the school. who gave them the admission? who do they get there first year to year 3 result? that means the school it self is illegal.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by clerkent(m): 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2012
wahala de
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by lovethgud: 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2012
Is not always easy as u think frnds after spending 4 gud years in sch now this is the outcome. Let them go to court, cos the university have to pay for time wasted, money wasted. Yes
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by Change2011: 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2012
The question the school need to answer are:

1. How did this students get admission in the first place?

2. How come they are in possession of school property if they were actually had illegal admission. To have be in possession of school property means they are in the school database as legally admitted students.

3. Why did it take the school this long to detect that there are students with illegal admission?

I believe most of the so called illegal students didn't even know they were illegally admitted. The school management of the school itself need to sack themselves it it had to take them 4 years to know that a student was illegally admitted.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by abdul123(m): 12:44pm On Feb 10, 2012
Dats Naija 4 u, dey wud always wait for u to commit d crime n then nab u, they wud never correct u even if dey can wen u wanted to commit d crime. U most to loose something sha!!!
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by desertboom(m): 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
Naija which way. . . At times students are the ones to take the blame, you know you're not qualify yet you want to get in to the university by hook or by crook. Even in my department of 70 students, some students, like 7 of them in number does not have matriculation number considering that we're in finals now, lecturers and HOD often advise them to go back home and re-write UTME aka JAMB to seek better provisional admission, but the people that gave them this frauded admission keep on giving them hope/false hope. Thus, in many situation of this kind, students are to take the blame. Advise; if your admission is not genuine seek for a better alternative, stop wasting time and money over nothing.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by afm4ever(m): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2012
Chei naija dey try no b small
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by kizito96(m): 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2012
The went to that school. I was happy when i heard this story. A lot of things are going on in various institutions. The students know that they came in through the back door, so there is no short way to success, even if you do move on, its a matter of time
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by Kk4(m): 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
What is the school authourity doing about cultism!?
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by Joshua15(m): 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
wat a tragedyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.hw did dey gain admision n d first place,state tire me self,evry1 admision is alway questionable,nonesence actions taken by d senate of esut.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by idmanzik: 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
So many questions for the Vice Chancellor of the Enugu State University of Technology to answer, but before we nail the university and the corrupt officials, we need to ask how all these happened in the first place.

First, JAMB usually set a general admission cutoff mark of 160. Then most universities set cutoff marks ranging between 170 and 200. Why will anyone below a set cutoff approach any official?

I recall in my first year, a friend had issues with his SSCE result (he had pass in Physics), he was not cleared at first. He used an upper hand and was cleared after parting away with over 40k. He made the result later and had it replaced before the final clearance.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
i ve been waiting for this news since 4years ago thank God it has finally come out.I told them! i told them! but they refuse to heed to the warnings,oya all of you should go and purchase JAMB form fast I heard is closing this febuary if you refuse and still go ahead to look for more back route to sort urself out.sorry u r going to jam a bigger OLUMO ROCK.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by StRichy(m): 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2012
All d years i spent in ESHUT, I knew tins wil get beta someday. Tins like:
ESUT HOSTEL
ESUT PERM SITE
ESUT WEBSITE
ESUT FIGHT CULTISM
ESUT CONVOCATES
ESUT EXPELS FAKE STUDENTS
Were totally impossible during my stay in ESHUT. I'm hapi my ama mata is poised 2 av a clean slate.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by ortopazz(m): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
Happnd at unikal am 2 glad! It happnd lrn d hard way!
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by amtheone(m): 8:41pm On Feb 10, 2012
@Fortun4all

Fortune how sincere are u? because have seen ur advert everywhere. Making 450k+ every month. Can u explain to the house how it works

Pls be generous to some extent because i blive that b4 u come out to advertise u must have made some cool cash and as such showing other the way wont reduce ur buck in ur account. But pls dont refer anybody to any blog be it urs or associate because have seen diff blogs.

i/we are waiting
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by Haywire99(m): 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
Those students suppose to put trigger on mr ossy and co head,after they shop all there money and time,
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by Haywire99(m): 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
Those students suppose to put trigger on mr ossy and co head,after they shop all there money and time,
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by Sacarstic: 4:15am On Feb 11, 2012
It is just an indication of the rot in the system, what must be done must be done no matter the time frame.
Re: Esut Expels 544 Students For Illegal Admission Into Various Faculties by pemilabelle: 7:21am On Jun 23, 2019
Hmmmmmm 8 years later, i'm still alive and living the best of my life. I'm indeed a testimony. i decided to surf the net for this particular news and here we are, people criticising those affected. my prayer for you is that you ll never experience what we did. i was a victim. i had graduated, defended my project, finished my clearance for NYSC and boom, the list came. i was shattered, depressed, hopeless and helpless.

Today i'm a first class graduate of economics from an European school (got a sponsor who wasn't my parent), came back to Nigeria in 2016, did my NYSC, got retained where i served and just February of 2019, i was offered a scholarship in same school to do an MBA. I'm here in Europe at the moment doing just fine.

Lesson learnt: its never too late, and for everything that happens in life, there is a reason. God allows them just for His glory. Never give up. wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Help An Aspiring Medical Student / TOTAL Commissions Newly Reconstructed Blocks Of Classrooms In Ibafon Community / Lagos State University Post Ume Form is out(LASU Post Ume)07036668372

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.