Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? (2191 Views)

Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee / How Many Girlfriends Can A Nigerian Guy Have (Men Replied) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by Princek12(m): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
You know that guys traditionally propose to their girlfriends on "bended knees." Say a guy stands up and refuses to bend down on his knee while he proposes to you, would you still say yes?
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by missKeri(f): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
Yes
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by Dyt(f): 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
nope
i wz readin a weddin proposal yesterday n i wz impress

mine doesnt v 2 go on his knees
i want 2 look straight up in his eyes
dey say d eyes dont lie
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by Princek12(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2012
One of my dudes said he will propose to his girlfriend while standing up. I told him that it does not look right to ask someone to marry you while standing up. I guess I am traditional and feel the guy has to kneel down while asking.
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by Princek12(m): 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2012
Dyt:

nope
i wz readin a weddin proposal yesterday n i wz impress

mine doesnt v 2 go on his knees
i want 2 look straight up in his eyes
dey say d eyes dont lie

You want to look into the eyes to make sure he is for real lol
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by Dyt(f): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
well nt every of dem s real even if u look in2 dere eyes
bt i sure can tell wen a guy means wat he s sayin
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by kaiter: 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2012
I agree with you.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by Chnges(m): 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
Those days are gone.
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by TroyJay(m): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2012
~The direct answer to this question is no! He doesnt have to be on bended knees. Proposals come in different styles. But then, looking at the issue from another view point, a guy on bended knees humbles a lady. It makes her feel like a queen at that particular moment in time. Depending on the venue of proposal, the lady is most times the cynosure of all eyes. The love welling in her heart at that particular time is incomparable. She is emotional and will almost be moved to tears. While it's not a must to propose on bended knees, i'll personally recommend it to anyone.
~Marriage proposals are once in a lifetime (Not applicable to those loving a divorce wink) Nothing compares to seeing the woman you love so happy and sometimes with tears in her eyes. It's a very romantic scene for the couple and any observer. Some guys are naturally shy and it would be understandable if they cannot bring themselves to bended knees. But they should remember that proposals should be a memorable event. When you both have grown older, reminiscing on what transpired on that day should always bring joy to your hearts.

~Make it as memorable and as Romantic as possible, she is the love of your life, the apple of your eyes.
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by Chnges(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2012
^touching. Infact i'll lie down while proposing
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by claremont(m): 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2012
A time will soon come when it will be ladies who will be on bended knees asking a guy to marry them. grin
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by TroyJay(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

A time will soon come when it will be ladies who will be on bended knees asking a guy to marry them. grin
I believe it has started already. . . cheesy
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by slimyem: 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2012
its not absolutely necessary but when a guy proposes on his knees,the air is sweet and romantic and at that instant,the man's ego is at rest and the humility painted is touching.
Even if the lady wants to say no,she'd be tempted to say YES!
That moment is forever stuck in their minds if for nothing,for the drama surrounding it!
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by MrCork17: 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2012
Simmmyem. sweery could u bend your knees for my love if i waz single? undecided
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
TroyJay:

~The direct answer to this question is no! He doesnt have to be on bended knees. Proposals come in different styles. But then, looking at the issue from another view point, a guy on bended knees humbles a lady. It makes her feel like a queen at that particular moment in time. Depending on the venue of proposal, the lady is most times the cynosure of all eyes. The love welling in her heart at that particular time is incomparable. She is emotional and will almost be moved to tears. While it's not a must to propose on bended knees, i'll personally recommend it to anyone.
~Marriage proposals are once in a lifetime (Not applicable to those loving a divorce wink) Nothing compares to seeing the woman you love so happy and sometimes with tears in her eyes. It's a very romantic scene for the couple and any observer. Some guys are naturally shy and it would be understandable if they cannot bring themselves to bended knees. But they should remember that proposals should be a memorable event. When you both have grown older, reminiscing on what transpired on that day should always bring joy to your hearts.

~Make it as memorable and as Romantic as possible, she is the love of your life, the apple of your eyes.

This.

With regards to the shy part, that is no excuse for a guy to not get on his knees and propose, if that's what he would like to do. How silly to let shyness get in the way of something so major!
Re: Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? by MrsChima1(f): 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
No. Traditional proposal stance has been out of style decades ago.

There are woman who have been proposed to via emails, Facebook, Skype, text messages, and letters.

(1) (Reply)

Installing Love / Scientists: Staring At Busty Women For 10 Minutes A Day Is Good For Your Health / Do We Need Feminism In Romance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.