Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria (14709 Views)

Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining / Nigeria's Four Refineries To Begin Operation Next Month - NNPC / Ajaokuta, Delta Steel Company To Begin Production In 2015, Says Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
The management of Innoson Motor manufacturing has disclosed plans to begin production of  vehicle tyres, despite the economic challenges which has led to the closure of most tyre manufacturing companies in the country.

Innocent Chukwuma, CEO, Innoson Group revealed to Business Day in Lagos that the tyre factory was scheduled to take off soon in Enugu and was expected to create more jobs, saying, “apart from car vehicles production, we have decided to go into tyre production because I have done a serious survey and discovered that the raw materials meant for tyre production are available here in Nigeria. The tyre factory will be taking off soon in Enugu ”.

According to him, “about 90 percent of raw materials meant for tyre manufacturing are in Nigeria . Only very few chemicals, 10 Percent to be exact are imported. We are currently under test running of the factory”. Chukwuma further revealed that, they would be starting with 30,000 pieces of tyres per annum and then 100,000 tubes.

“Already, we have three sets of tyres produced in our factory. The first  is motorcycle tyres. We are planning to begin that of car production.

Meanwhile, the Minister of State for Trade and Investment, Samuel Ortom has stated that the emergence of Innoson in the industrial sector would not only improve the nation’s economic plan but serve as catalyst for other mushroom businesses in Nigeria .

He made this declaration recently during a working visit to Enugu and Anambra states.  According to the minister “the establishment of Innoson Industries would create an avenue for other minor businesses likely to offer huge employments, especially those in the Southeast.”

He said that Innoson Motor Manufacturing alone would eventually generate mini industries  in the environment.  He maintained that what was currently going on at Innoson was a clear sign of what Nigerians could do if properly supported, adding that more good  things would still emerge from  local investors in future.

Ortom, went on to applaud the chairman of Innoson, Innocent Chukwuma for his impressive industrial record.  “Chukwuma has made the country proud, with his enormous manpower development and investment in the country; he has practically confirmed that something good can come out of genuine effort.  This is commendable and worthy of emulation by any patriotic Nigerian.”

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/31830-innoson-to-begin-tyre-production-in-nigeria
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
for those of us not ready to support our company which IMO is much better than those imported ones. As for me, I would support it and patronise them by buying the product.

Innoson needs to move some branches to states like delta, lagos ogun, abuja, kaduna, Kano and co so people can be more aware of this development.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2012
Soon alj harem soon cool cool
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by deor03(m): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2012
Good development
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by xtianh(m): 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2012
Innocent chukwuma, is nt making any mistake by building his factory in Enugu cus Enugu state government is among or if not the only government agency patronising his products in a very larg form.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Arosa(m): 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
This guy is another dangote in the making. Nice!
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2012
ak47mann:

Soon alj harem soon cool cool

Insha Allah
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
xtianh:

Innocent chukwuma, is nt making any mistake by building his factory in Enugu cus Enugu state government is among or if not the only government agency patronising his products in a very larg form.

Yes he is not making any mistake. Personally I love the concept of him doing it in Anambra and enugu but I love if he can generate more awareness by branching out to other states

Most especially Rivers, delta, Lagos, ogun, abuja kano, kaduna and co

We need to generate more awareness to Nigerians so they would stop this rubbish by Importing millions of cars and tyres to Nigeria every year when we have one that we have not even given a chance.

1 Like

Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2012
Arosa:

This guy is another dangote in the making. Nice!

Yes, He might even be bigger than Dangote and co with the way he is going. Once the awareness is there among Nigerians, then he should make it very big
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Arosa(m): 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
Mr Chukwuma, please feel free to also invest in Edo state. we love you. cheesy
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Dede1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2012
xtianh:

I guess you could say the same about Imo State.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by PointB: 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
alj harem:

Yes he is not making any mistake. Personally I love the concept of him doing it in Anambra and enugu but I love if he can generate more awareness by branching out to other states

Most especially Rivers, delta, Lagos, ogun, abuja kano, kaduna and co

We need to generate more awareness to Nigerians so they would stop this rubbish by Importing millions of cars and tyres to Nigeria every year when we have one that we have not even given a chance.

Fixed.

We don't want his factory bombed in Kano, and Kaduna or do we?
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by babaowo: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
Good move but make hin ppl no com start reproduction ooo!!!
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by ekwynwa: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
Power of Najia cheesy
with the right support and patronage he can do better
Najia AWAKENING GIANT OF AFRICA
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by slam7000(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
I was very impressed when i visited his factory at emene enugu to buy tanks for my building site,i noticed his tanks are good quality but he needs to improve on the finishing.the name INNOSON seemed to have been dabbed with paint by some artist and it was badly done,theres no uniformity,unlike what you,ll get with STOREX OR GP TANKS,,it,ll be easy to get rid of the paint,some of the plastic products like buckets and toilet seats needs improving on,i believe if he does that,he,ll knock out lots of products imported into nigeria, then again he should be safety concious especially for his workers, i noticed the asian man whom i believe to be his technical expert and the guy who attended to us werent wearing protective gears and they were near to this big and frightening machine.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2012
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=innosson+tyers&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CGwQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2011%2F11%2Funido-lauds-innoson-for-products-quality%2F&ei=QlU1T_-9C8f18QO2-tTOAg&usg=AFQjCNFpDdblAYsozuho_si4yMDYKkwEPg
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by phreakabit(m): 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
alj harem:

for those of us not ready to support our company which IMO is much better than those imported ones. As for me, I would support it and patronise them by buying the product.

Innoson needs to move some branches to states like delta, lagos ogun, abuja, kaduna, Kano and co so people can be more aware of this development.

Dangote and Adenuga needs to open some factories in the East too don't you think. We can sell these tyres to y'all though.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 6:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
IVM680 COACHES

inside the coaches

Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by egift(m): 6:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by chosen04(f): 6:59pm On Feb 10, 2012
PointB:

Fixed.

SECONDED!!!!!!!
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
PointB:

Fixed.

you have started again. has dangote or globacom offices been bombed yet ? NO
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
phreakabit:

Dangote and Adenuga needs to open some factories in the East too don't you think. We can sell these tyres to y'all though.

actually Dangote has a branch in Anambra

Adenuga has branches in anambra, enugu, abia etc

Infact this just happened recently smiley

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/glo-launches-3g-internet-service-in-enugu-nsukka/

Lets all work together, Imagine a Nigerian where Onado refine our oil and also other country's oil and Innoson within 25 years has the capacity to rival Toyota and co

It would be a dream come true, don't you think smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2012
innoson cars have to start from some were first cool cool
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by efisher(m): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2012
Excellent news. More like this.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 7:10pm On Feb 10, 2012
I need a change of tyres now. Please, Messrs Innoson be fast before I buy some Chinese/Korean/Indonesian Tyres which I believe were not produced for our kind of weather/climate.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
Good news!
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by victorazy(m): 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2012
Igbo man dey convert brain to cash, Housa man dey dolly over there "ssuuuuu!!"
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by daroz(m): 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
Arosa:

Mr Chukwuma, please feel free to also invest in Edo state. we love you. cheesy

[size=14pt]seconded[/size]
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2012
wow this is goodnews! I wish this man dream come true.

but how come this thread with few comments but the thread with bokoharmist has been floored to pg 2 with comment that the man is igbo by ileki and co.
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by igbo2011(m): 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2012
Re: Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria by aglomar: 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
Great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ariaria Market Gets Power Generation, Distribution Licences / CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ / Nigeria Suffering From Stagflation And Inflation: CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.