Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? (28321 Views)

Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / FG Releases 11 New Crop Varieties To Farmers / Michael Okpara Univ. Of Agriculture, Umudike, Recruitment: What's the latest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by fm7070: 6:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
Hello farmers in the house,
have you ever successfully gotten a loan from the Nigerian Agricultural Co-operative & Rural Development Bank Ltd, now called Bank of Agriculture? What is your experience like?
Awaiting sincere responses.
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by fm7070: 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2012
any opinion?
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by fm7070: 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2012
??
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by Thethy(m): 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2012
I got from First Bank.
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by fm7070: 10:11pm On Feb 18, 2012
Thethy:

I got from First Bank.

Did you get this loan as an individual or as a group?

Can you share the proceedings with us on this forum?
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by Thethy(m): 1:20am On Feb 19, 2012
I got it as a farm, THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS, Tel:  08023050835  or  07033632285.

Procedures:

Walk into a bank,ask for the agric desk.
Request for Agric loan form,it is free.
Open a savings a/c with your minimum loan/cash collateral e.g N250,000 to obtain N1m
Provide profitability and cash flow statement of your agric venture.
Write application
If you see green light that the loan will be approved,do agric insurance, N25,000 for N1m.
You will also open current a/c,where the loan will be accessed from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by fm7070: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2012
Am so grateful for this information.
I will work on it and get back to you soon.
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by Thethy(m): 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ok.

Thank you.
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by makayus: 1:07pm On May 22, 2012
pls how can i locate the place...pls i need the information pls ....this is my number 07031048445
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by OXYZ: 2:39pm On May 22, 2012
I've tried in d past but most of their conditions are 2 stringent i.e guarantor,collateral
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by Falakotolu(m): 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
Hello member, am also intrestested in gettin dis loan, am into fish farming and i av got a structure worth a million naira located in ijebu ode in ogun state..... pls i nid more explanation on wat and hw to go abt it.... Pls any info will help. Tanks
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by Neoviper147: 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
Falakotolu: Hello member, am also intrestested in gettin dis loan, am into fish farming and i av got a structure worth a million naira located in ijebu ode in ogun state..... pls i nid more explanation on wat and hw to go abt it.... Pls any info will help. Tanks

Is the above information not enough angry angry angry
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by fm7070: 11:44am On Aug 13, 2014
I finally got a loan from the Bank of Agriculture in Lagos
The process is somehow cumbersome but if you can endure it, they will give you
Also, you must have an existing running farm and don't think of lying about anything to them
they will make thorough investigation before giving you a dime.
You must run your account with them effectively for 6 months before you can request a loan
They will give you 150k first, they can later increase it to 250k.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by stanchuks(m): 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
fm7070: I finally got a loan from the Bank of Agriculture in Lagos
Also, you must have an existing running farm and don't think of lying about anything to them
You must run your account with them effectively for 6 months before you can request a loan

Thanks for the info
Can you help with any contract details or Address?
Thanks in Advance
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by fogechi: 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
fm7070: I finally got a loan from the Bank of Agriculture in Lagos

what are the conditions for giving you 250k.
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by fm7070: 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
after giving you 150k, they will give you 250k next time you request for a loan.
they just want to be sure that you will repay the first one they gave u in good time.
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by segxi1960: 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
150k is quite small for an agr0-business though.

even for a start up.. How long is the tenor ?
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by MbaGloria: 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
Become a member of ALLIANCE IN MOTION to get a capital of up to #1,000,000:00
No collateral Needed.
Only 20% of Member's profit returns to the company.

visit www.allianceinmotion.com

Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by MbaGloria: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Become a member of ALLIANCE IN MOTION to get a capital of up to #1,000,000:00
No collateral Needed.

Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by ayodeji752: 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
fm7070:
after giving you 150k, they will give you 250k next time you request for a loan.
they just want to be sure that you will repay the first one they gave u in good time.
hello bro. Pls i got d loan form at BOA ibadan but my problem now is d guarrantor. They said i should provide a civil servant and no one is ready to be a guarrantor now. I hav 250 layer birds now which are six weeks old. I bougth dem wit my money frm a day old but i dont hav anytin wit me again ryt now. Pls wot do u tink i can do?

1 Like

Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by dotmoth4life: 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
ARE FARMERS RICH?
www.myagricworld.com
Can Agricultural Business or farm work Alone make you wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga

If you go into agriculture from the scratch with little capital as will have said, in NIGERIA? You would even be struggling to pay your bills talk less of living above average, talk less of becoming a millionnaire and talk less of being a Dangote and Adenuga, Who told u those 2 guys are farmers in the 1st place? www.myagricworld.com
You will be making common mistakes if you call Dangote a farmer, Dangote is an Agri-businessman not a farmer.... to view know my opinion on this Question... visit the link below www.myagricworld.com ..
i render consultancy service for any intend agribusiness. mainly AGRONOMY..no livestock I also help my client prepare a comprehensive feasibility study on their intend project.
i also training my clients on how to multiply plaintain/banana suckers, maize breeding, vegetable farming.. Not theory oooo.. Praticals
you can mail me on dotmoth4life@gmail.com
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by knowledge4(m): 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Yes they give loans if you abide by their conditions and qualify
For the conditions, click the link, /p11ziB-Ca
Or 1st signature for the post 'How to get cheap loans for set up'
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by Buharifan: 5:35am On Aug 04, 2016
fm7070:
I finally got a loan from the Bank of Agriculture in Lagos
what isthe intetest rat
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by Goldman360: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2017
The Role Of Bank In Agricultural Development

Agricultural bank like Nigeria agricultural cooperative and rural development bank /NACRDB/ grant credit as agricultural credit scheme. Farmers at all levels on direct lending and collaboration monitoring of credit. Those directs on qualified loan application engaged in agricultural and agricultural related business...

http://www.scharticles.com/role-bank-agricultural-development/
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by bfmconcepts: 3:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
It seems something is wrong with the BOA this year, especially the Lagos branch.
I have not seen someone they give loan this year
I wonder how the government want to succeed with "youth in agriculture" campaign when they cannot access small loan for agricultural purpose.
We've never had it worse this way as long as I can remember.
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by iseeicome: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2017
The functions of the Nigeria Agricultural Cooperation and Rural Development Bank
http://articlesng.com/functions-nigeria-agricultural-cooperation-rural-development-bank/
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by cbrass(m): 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
fm7070:

What will 150k or 250k do in farming ..that is too small nw cheesy
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by amba2017: 4:14am On Jun 20, 2020
if you apply as individual, you can get maximum of 250k but you must have operated your account with them for 6months.

you can also form and register a cooperative. open an account and run it for like 6months then you can have access to upto 2.5m.

you can also open an account as individual, run it for like 6months, apply for loan upto 5m but you must present a collateral with c of o.

note: operating the account for 6 months means regular deposits and withdrawals from the account for the period
Also note that you must have an existing farm.
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by Nedlog01(m): 2:55am On Jul 11, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.
It's for those in Nigeria.
Re: Is Bank Of Agriculture Giving Loans To Farmers? by bizzibodi(m): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
MbaGloria:
Become a member of ALLIANCE IN MOTION to get a capital okf up to #1,000,000:00
No collateral Needed.

No where was obtaining loan stated.

(1) (Reply)

Tomato Scarcity Looms As FG Approves Importation For Nine Companies / My Poultry Farming Experience! / Ondo Gets 10 Bulldozers To Boost Cassava Production -Gov Akeredolu Shares PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.