Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,825 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? (8888 Views)

Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) / Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / Women, Childbirth And Laziness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by Adewale99: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
Given a popular belief that it is wrong and unsafe for a woman to be having sexual intercourse with her husband soon after childbirth until after some months or when she has weaned the baby, and given the fact that I have seen women losing their husbands or causing their husbands to engage in extramarital affairs because of this belief, how long should a man wait before he could make love to his wife after childbirth?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by MrsChima1(f): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2012
This subject has been discussed TO DEATH.

From a medical perspective, many doctors recommend that women wait at least six weeks to have sexual intercourse after childbirth. Although, many women do not follow the advice it will not hurt the woman nor the child.

Having a child is very stressful on the woman's body and giving her the break and RESPECT will go a long way. Do what you have been doing before you met your wife/girl------MASTURBATE.

You last only 2 minutes right? Be considerate.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by Daresh(f): 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
6 weeks. I waited 2 months though.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by Oluwa4Sure: 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

This subject has been discussed TO DEATH.

From a medical perspective, many doctors recommend that women wait at least six weeks to have intimate intercourse after childbirth. Although, many women do not follow the advice it will not hurt the woman nor the child.

Having a child is very stressful on the woman's body and giving her the break and RESPECT will go a long way. Do what you have been doing before you met your wife/girl------self-service.

You last only 2 minutes right? Be considerate.

LMFAO!!! vry funny!!!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by Outstrip(f): 5:22am On Feb 11, 2012
LOL. Months ke. For the most part women can have sex after 6 weeks. Months is just ridiculous. Where did you hear that
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 11, 2012
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by dasparrow: 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2012
I feel sorry for women. It must suck to constantly have your v/jay working overtime and getting worn out. If it is not p.e/nis going in and out of there, then it is pickin or monthly period. Phew! lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by chucky234(m): 1:04am On Feb 12, 2012
There is no known implication for a woman to become intimate after child birth but doctors give the directive to enable the woman's hole to heal properly from the bruises sustained during childbirth especially when the woman has tears under.
Men should give their wives enough time for the hole to completely heal and regain its rigidity/firmness,if heal properly the hole will be as tight as new with firm elasticity.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by feminineA: 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2012
If your wife gives birth through natural birth and she is well stiched up (good stiches last heal within 5 days)she can have sex a week later after birth if she is ready. However if she is not be considerate however the woman shld also be considerate don't deprive ur man attention n then sex
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by babyme1(f): 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2012
Now im scared embarassed
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by ada24: 1:49pm On Feb 12, 2012
feminine A:

If your wife gives birth through natural birth and she is well stiched up (good stiches last heal within 5 days)she can Be Intimate a week later after birth if she is ready. However if she is not be considerate however the woman shld also be considerate don't deprive ur man attention n then sex

KMT
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by Outstrip(f): 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
feminine A:

If your wife gives birth through natural birth and she is well stiched up (good stiches last heal within 5 days)she can Be Intimate a week later after birth if she is ready. However if she is not be considerate however the woman shld also be considerate don't deprive ur man attention n then sex

Waiting 6 weeks is not inconsiderate. it is inconsiderate for the man to put pressure on her even if it has been two weeks. How can you say after 5 days. That is just not right. If I cut you with a knife and it is stitched up would you offer for me to hit you on it continuosly because you got good stitches just after 5 days. Lets be real. Many women are ready before the 6 weeks period emotionally but don't let lack of discipline lead to complications that might make your waiting even longer. Your insides have to heal. The outside also has to heal. Even after 6 weeks with my first we had to be still be gentle. I was still sore but I had healed. I obviously don't agree that a couple should wait months and even worse until the baby is weaned. Just ridiculous but I think saying that every woman is ready to physically do it after one week might be irresponsible. Most women are not physically ready even when they need/want to have sex

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by taryour(f): 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2012
chaircover:

There is nothing stopping you from both of you doing it the next day if the woman is up to it physically and emotionally lipsrsealed The only thing I will advise is that the man uses a condom so that she doesnt get an infection and he is very gentle.

Even at the six week postnatal check up they will be asking you if you have started Being Intimate again and what contraception are you on/will be using assuming that you dont want another baby very quickly. Which means that they would have expected you to have started making love again.

So There is no set in stone answer to your question. It solely depends on your wife and how soon she feels comfortable  & ready to commence duty  grin

lol. Very true chaircover and except the woman had a CS or adviced otherwise medicaly
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by obyphy: 1:30am On Feb 13, 2012
Na wah o.
dont women bleed after childbirth?
I guess once the bleeding stops then you are well enough to have sex but not before then.
I would say between one month and six weeks.
Its exhausting to have a baby and take care of a new born and then get going too soon.
Unless its in suffering and smiling mode.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by Tobiegal(f): 8:36am On Feb 13, 2012
Its really sad for me reading this,

Did da man actually see his wife give birth? And wen she received stitches for 2nd or 3rd degree tear?

Is d woman involved actally taking care of d baby, or did she just ave d baby n dropped him with d guy's mother to take care of

For all i care, the woman shd take all the time she wants to get ready, she knows her body better, if it takes 6weeks, fine, if it take 3mths, goodluck!

Its exhausin take care of a new born, aving sleepless nite n having to go thru all dat, infact, it'l be d last thing on ma mind sef, angry

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by toygod2: 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
ya
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by Amhappy(f): 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
I dont see reasons why intimacy should be a problem to new parents if there is understanding. If the woman is yet to heal then smooching should do chikena.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth? by Saraha1(f): 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
This things tired me oh.

(1) (Reply)

Extended Family Or Nuclear Family, Which Do You Prefer? / Please Help Me! I'm Extremely Confused & Need Advice / Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.