Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning (4790 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning by Joagbaje(m): 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
. .  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

Soul winners are precious and influential people in the sight of God. As a child of God nothing should mean more to you than leading those in your world who have not yet known the Lord into salvation. This is something you must take very seriously this year, more than ever before.

2 Corinthians 5:19 says, “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”

God has committed to you the ministry of reconciliation; not only did He call you into the fellowship of His Son Jesus (1 Corinthians 1:9), He’s also called you to partner with Him in soul winning. In Romans 12:11 we’re admonished not to be slothful in business, but to be fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. It’s talking about being fervent in God’s number one business, which is soul winning.

You will experience even more success and progress this year as you engage in soul winning and soul winning activities. People are God’s greatest assets on earth. Until you start winning people for Jesus, you’re not involved in God’s asset building. The Lord is always reaching out to the unsaved, to touch their lives with His power and glory; but He can only do so through you. Therefore you must always be passionate about soul winning.

To be effective as a soul winner, you must see beyond your present circumstances; you must see beyond every limitation and refuse anything obstructing your view in this great responsibility. Get rid of all distracting influences and fervently serve the Lord as a soul winner this year. It’s your purpose for being. The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:16, “For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!”

Keep sharing the Gospel with those in your sphere of contact; it’s the right thing to do, and it’s what God demands.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for saving me and making me your partner in saving others. As I share the Gospel with others today, I pray that faith will be stirred in their hearts to receive salvation, and be at once catapulted into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Jeremiah 1:4-7
Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
Re: Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning by mabell: 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
@joagbaje
sorry to sound like im deviating but can someone get born again and start evangelizing or does he need theHoly Ghost first
Re: Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning by newmi(m): 8:41pm On Feb 10, 2012
This is the generation that will fulfill Mark 16:15 because we have all the tools and avenues to reach more poeple than any generation before us could ever dream to have.
Thank God for these tool:
# The internet
# Television
# Radio
# The Print
# Satellite
# Mobile phones/Mobile devices
Until the Church begin consciously to make more practical investment in these afore mentioned tools of mass communication our successes will be limited and our progress retarded.
Also if don't then we leave it at the abuse and misuse of the wicked
Re: Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning by Joagbaje(m): 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
mabell:

@joagbaje
sorry to sound like im deviating but can someone get born again and start evangelizing or does he need theHoly Ghost first

So long as a man is born again, he can share his faith. But his impact will be limited. You can't be an effective minister without equipment. It's like cutting a tree with blunt axe. There are times you meet oppositions evn worse than Nairaland religious theologians cool. You really need the ministry of the holyghost to take your stand. He also does the conviction. And grants you boldness and courage .
Re: Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning by Joagbaje(m): 9:20pm On Feb 10, 2012
@mabel.
Your question is really food for thoughts , if a msn who has not received the holyghost preach the gospel , and someone gets saved, how can you explain this , what caused the conviction on that soul? . Maybe I should create a thread out of that for discussion .
Re: Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning by God2man(m): 10:48am On Feb 11, 2012
There is joy in heaven over one soul that repenteth. It is like you change a man,you change a nation.
I heard this short revelation from a pastor. They held a crusade, the crusade was successful. Many souls were saved. After the program, the Lord revealed to the co-ordinating Evangelist that all the workers or the Evangelist in the church were highly rewarded by the Lord in the revelation. So, the co-ordinator, i mean the Evangelism leader now ask the Lord in the revelation that," what about me? "The Lord now said" receive my seal". You see, others were given a reward, the Evangelism leader received a seal from the Lord.
What am i saying? Evangelism is the heartbeat of the Alimighty, you cannot really understand, what you are doing or the reward that will follow your dedication to Evangelism, until you persist and persevere after sometime, then the Lord will suprise you. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning by Joagbaje(m): 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2012
The seal , that reminds me something in the book of revelation

Revelation 3:12
12 Him that overcometh . . . I will write upon him . . ,

That's. A seal
Re: Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning by mabell: 11:30pm On Feb 11, 2012
Joagbaje:

@mabel.
Your question is really food for thoughts , if a msn who has not received the holyghost preach the gospel , and someone gets saved, how can you explain this , what caused the conviction on that soul? . Maybe I should create a thread out of that for discussion .

good idea

Joagbaje:

The seal , that reminds me something in the book of revelation

Revelation 3:12
12 Him that overcometh . . . I will write upon him . . ,

That's. A seal

whats about the seal if i may ask
Re: Pastor Chris: Be Fervent In Soulwinning by Joagbaje(m): 6:06am On Feb 12, 2012
It's like a mark or stamp on selected people. To make them special. We are no all oing to be in the same class in heaven.

(1) (Reply)

The Real True Facts About Illuminati / Very Very Very Dirty Passages From The Biblei / Christ Embassy Will Hand Out Free Gifts On Independence Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.