Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:04 PM

iPhone Killer Apps 2 - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (151935 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by ambyzown(m): 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2012
soft-touch:

Anyone talking of antenna issue on iPhone4 is still living in Stone-age.
grin grin
No matter, the type of ur iPhone (3Gs, iPhone 4 or 4s) in as much you can run current IOS on it, you are good to go!

I would appreciate intelligent responses backed by facts.
I'm aware the antenna issue on the iphone 4 was as a result of the position of the antenna in the design, which made it a hardware defect, this problem was overcome in the 4s with dual antennas. In the iphone 4 a simple phone casing solved the issue thus a court ruling in the US mandating Apple to provide free casings to all iphone 4 users.
How could a software upgrade solve a hardware issue? Pls don't mind my stone age brain, its still running DOS cheesy

@sun_temi: If I find a 3gs I like on ebay can I get proper unlocking done here?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by ambyzown(m): 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2012
soft-touch:

Anyone talking of antenna issue on iPhone4 is still living in Stone-age.
grin grin
No matter, the type of ur iPhone (3Gs, iPhone 4 or 4s) in as much you can run current IOS on it, you are good to go!

I'm aware the antenna issue on the iphone 4 was as a result of the position of the antenna in the design, which made it a hardware defect, this problem was overcome in the 4s with dual antennas. In the iphone 4 a simple phone casing solved the issue thus a court ruling in the US mandating Apple to provide free casings to all iphone 4 users.
How could a software upgrade solve a hardware issue? Pls don't mind my stone age brain, its still running DOS cheesy

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2012
ambyzown:

My only facts: I started using my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3, up till now no problem with reception or drop calls. My colleagues in office got too.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2012
ambyzown:

My only facts: I started using my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3, up till now no problem with reception or drop calls. My colleagues in office got non too.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
@ambyzown:
Battery issues with major launching of new Phones are all hardware or software issue?,
Even battery issue on Blackberries are corrected with software updates without changing battery, iPhone 3Gs got same problem, it was solved without battery-swap.
iPhone 4s got massive battery-drain at launch, it was solved with software update.

Maybe it was like that for iPhone 4 cos after launch of iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0 which came with issue you mentioned, i rarely come across any iPhone 4 with that firmware 4.0.0
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by ambyzown(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
soft-touch:

@ambyzown:
Battery issues with major launching of new Phones are all hardware or software issue?,
Even battery issue on Blackberries are corrected with software updates without changing battery, iPhone 3Gs got same problem, it was solved without battery-swap.
iPhone 4s got massive battery-drain at launch, it was solved with software update.

Maybe it was like that for iPhone 4 cos after launch of iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0 which came with issue you mentioned, i rarely come across any iPhone 4 with that firmware 4.0.0

You answered your question yourself. A battery drain is a software issue that can be corrected by a proper battery management app. But a defective battery is a hardware issue.
Anyway I'm happy to hear that the signal problem on the iphone4 is no longer an issue. If the price is right, I might just opt for it eventually. Thanks all for your input.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by kboyworld: 10:31am On Mar 07, 2012
Iphone 3GS -- 16g, 45k 08052041996
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 07, 2012
Texazzpette is like d chief coach of Apple users on nairaland. He reads the comments and replies of his boys. The one we cant provide, he chips it in. grin grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Yinkade(m): 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sorry o, but does this mean that we can now watch dstv on the jailbroken devices??
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
tumababa:

Texazzpette is like d chief coach of Apple users on nairaland. He reads the comments and replies of his boys. The one we cant provide, he chips it in. grin grin

In the Apple realm TP is like a celestial being visiting lower mortals to lead them from their errors- but only when the high priests (sun temi, tumababa etc) are unavailable grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
I did get the DSTV app successfully but getting it to work might require some other effort. It says it is unable to connect to decoder, do I have to be with a decoder for it to work? Will look at it properly later though.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2012
Way forward?

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Bawss1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2012
^
No try am o. Just wait for Jay Freeman aka Saurik. grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2012
Bawss1:

^
No try am o. Just wait for Jay Freeman aka Saurik. grin

Neva, I no go test the depth of a river with even a leg.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by kingsilly(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2012
The iphone dstv drifta stil needz an xternal decoder.goes for 16grandz, msheww, pathetic
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Dabss(m): 8:08am On Mar 11, 2012
kingsilly: The iphone dstv drifta stil needz an xternal decoder.goes for 16grandz, msheww, pathetic
iPhone has no in built dstv chip
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by kingsilly(m): 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:
iPhone has no in built dstv chip
Dat i see...buh itz bad nahhh....y den invent the ishh
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by yahyus(m): 2:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
@Texazzpette & Tumababa
You guys psychologically compelled me to make u turn from android to join the iclique. I now got iPhone 4 32 GB. But being a new convert I have some questions to ask;
-how should I copy my mp3 folders?
-the phone's software is iOs 4.3, should I update it to the current iOs 5 or not? If yes should I update using my system or using the phone?
-how should I copy my contacts to the phone?
-what about the jailbreak? Should I jailbreak or not? If yes, how should I do it? If it's jailbroken, can I use app store and Cydia simultaneously? Can I use the both app store apps and. Cydia apps simultaneously?

Thank you.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by moonraker(m): 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2012
yahyus: @Texazzpette & Tumababa
You guys psychologically compelled me to make u turn from android to join the iclique. I now got iPhone 4 32 GB. But being a new convert I have some questions to ask;
-how should I copy my mp3 folders?
-the phone's software is iOs 4.3, should I update it to the current iOs 5 or not? If yes should I update using my system or using the phone?
-how should I copy my contacts to the phone?
-what about the jailbreak? Should I jailbreak or not? If yes, how should I do it? If it's jailbroken, can I use app store and Cydia simultaneously? Can I use the both app store apps and. Cydia apps simultaneously?

Thank you.

1. you need to download a software called ITunes to sync your mp3 files and not folders to your iphone 4.

2. If your phone is factory unlocked, i would suggest that you upgrade ASAP using ITunes on your computer. if isnt then it is still possible to update. only

that you would need to update your using another method not ITunes.

3. This is a tricky one. To the best of my knowledge, i dont think there is a straight forward way of doing it.

you would either have to input them manually or copy your contacts to Microsoft Outlook and then sync your contacts via Itunes to yur phone.

4. To be honest, jailbreaking can be messy but you can customize yur phone to yur liking by doing this. The rest assured though that

you can jailbreak successfully on software 5.0.1. anything higher than that would be messy...
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by yahyus(m): 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
@moonraker, thanks more grease to ur elbow. But how do I know whether the phone is factory unlock or not?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by moonraker(m): 6:29am On Mar 13, 2012
Whats your model number??

To find that information out, Tap on settings/General/About

Scroll down to model and post it here....
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 7:00am On Mar 13, 2012
moonraker:

1. you need to download a software called ITunes to sync your mp3 files and not folders to your iphone 4.

2. If your phone is factory unlocked, i would suggest that you upgrade ASAP using ITunes on your computer. if isnt then it is still possible to update. only

that you would need to update your using another method not ITunes.

3. This is a tricky one. To the best of my knowledge, i dont think there is a straight forward way of doing it.

you would either have to input them manually or copy your contacts to Microsoft Outlook and then sync your contacts via Itunes to yur phone.

4. To be honest, jailbreaking can be messy but you can customize yur phone to yur liking by doing this. The rest assured though that

you can jailbreak successfully on software 5.0.1. anything higher than that would be messy

Moonraker, You are advising him to upgrade when Apple Has Stopped Signing iOS 5.0.1? How will he be able to stay on 5.0.1?

yahyus, I will advice you download a software called iFaith, Use it to dump your 4.3 shsh blog which you' currently on before thinking of upgrading or not if you don't do that and you upgrade there will be no chance of falling back to 4.3 if need be. Also since you don't even know if your iPhone is factory unlocked or not, I think finding out should be the second step after dumping your 4.3 shsh blog. I'm saying all these just because you asked about jailbreak.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by yahyus(m): 8:16am On Mar 13, 2012
sun_temi:

Moonraker, You are advising him to upgrade when Apple Has Stopped Signing iOS 5.0.1? How will he be able to stay on 5.0.1?

yahyus, I will advice you download a software called iFaith, Use it to dump your 4.3 shsh blog which you' currently on before thinking of upgrading or not if you don't do that and you upgrade there will be no chance of falling back to 4.3 if need be. Also since you don't even know if your iPhone is factory unlocked or not, I think finding out should be the second step after dumping your 4.3 shsh blog. I'm saying all these just because you asked about jailbreak.

Thanks sun_tsemi. Is ifaith available in the apple store? because d phone is not jailbroken.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by kingsilly(m): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2012
yahyus:

Thanks sun_tsemi. Is ifaith available in the apple store? because d phone is not jailbroken.
Ifaith is not for the iphone.itz for ur pc..u run ifaith on ur pc to dumb us 4.3shsh blog..google will show u d way
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by moonraker(m): 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2012
sun_temi:

that was a mistake bro. i forgot that apple stop signing that firmware... my mistake
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 12:34pm On Mar 13, 2012
moonraker:

that was a mistake bro. i forgot that apple stop signing that firmware... my mistake

I thought as much.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2012
kingsilly:
Ifaith is not for the iphone.itz for ur pc..u run ifaith on ur pc to dumb us 4.3shsh blog..google will show u d way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply)

How To Check BIS Balance For All Networks In Nigeria / Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt / Complete Bible Download Site?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.