Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Mothers In-law In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mothers In-law In Nigeria (2973 Views)

Happy Mothers Day Quotes And Sayings / Nigerian Mother In Law Could Be Trying To Break Up My Marriage / Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers In-law In Nigeria by LilMizzGood(f): 9:37am On Feb 11, 2012
some rules in the Nigerian culture is stupid ,

1. The youngest should not get married before the oldest.

The thing i want to talk about is Nigerian mother in-law and I know not all of them are bad, why are they so heartless, why do they chose their children lovers and if their children don't agree to their rules and get marred to someone else they treat them bad.

ok whats up with having a son. Is it force for a family to have a boy child??
Re: Mothers In-law In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2012
Are u already married or still @ the dating phase ?

You have problems with "Nigerian rules" ? Don't date a Nigerian. . .its that simple.

btw,which is your headache?
Your MIL,Nigerian silly laws,forcing son to marry a hand-picked bride,pressure for a boy child ?

You wanna learn/know?ask politely and with an open mind.
Re: Mothers In-law In Nigeria by LilMizzGood(f): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2012
typical Nigerian, your the one that should have a open mind here. Wait are you in one of them relationship that's why you are talking Poo for FYI I'm a Nigerian ok i know the rules I'm just asking a simple question. no fex oo because your little sister got married before you, your own will come soon in Jesus Name.
Re: Mothers In-law In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2012
LilMizzGood:

typical Nigerian, your the one that should have a open mind here. Wait are you in one of them relationship that's why you are talking Poo for FYI I'm a Nigerian ok i know the rules I'm just asking a simple question. no fex oo because your little sister got married before you, your own will come soon in Jesus Name.

I no fex oh.
Don't get all worked up hun,just a few more moons for to tote the weary load.

Enjoy ya weekend.
Re: Mothers In-law In Nigeria by HotieTima(f): 8:39am On Feb 12, 2012
ifyalways:

Are u already married or still @ the dating phase ?

You have problems with "Nigerian rules" ? Don't date a Nigerian. . .its that simple.

btw,which is your headache?
Your MIL,Nigerian silly laws,forcing son to marry a hand-picked bride,pressure for a boy child ?

You wanna learn/know?ask politely and with an open mind.

awww ur sister might have gotten married before u huh
no vex ooooo ur own will come really soon. grin grin grin grin

i never knew they do that in naji undecided undecided
but i think many culture in Africa does it tho.
Re: Mothers In-law In Nigeria by Remii(m): 8:43am On Feb 12, 2012
@MODERATOR, Please correct the heading it should be "Mothers in-law"
Re: Mothers In-law In Nigeria by HotieTima(f): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2012
Remii:

@MODERATOR, Please correct the heading it should be "Mothers in-law"

grin grin grin grin grin grin

wat the hell
Re: Mothers In-law In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42am On May 08, 2012
I Personally get along with my Mother Inlaw..I am not Nigerian by birth..Im a kiwi/polynesian woman.My Husband and his family have accepted me with love and grace.I am truly Humbled.
Re: Mothers In-law In Nigeria by Ptolomeus(m): 6:26pm On May 09, 2012
LilMizzGood: typical Nigerian, your the one that should have a open mind here. Wait are you in one of them relationship that's why you are talking Poo for FYI I'm a Nigerian ok i know the rules I'm just asking a simple question. no fex oo because your little sister got married before you, your own will come soon in Jesus Name.

Ifyalways is an educated person. I think she deserves respect.

What you quote are traditions.
There may be better than the African traditions, for example, in USA a twelve-year-old can start a promiscuous sexual life without that surprised. Also in USA at a young age can consume any kind of drug ...
Each country has its traditions ... customs.
Some may seem silly, but if you analyze why? we may have an answer. Personally, I prefer these African traditions to the U.S..
They are ways of seeing life.
Re: Mothers In-law In Nigeria by anonymous6(f): 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
LilMizzGood: some rules in the Nigerian culture is stupid ,

1. The youngest should not get married before the oldest.

The thing i want to talk about is Nigerian mother in-law and I know not all of them are bad, why are they so heartless, why do they chose their children lovers and if their children don't agree to their rules and get marred to someone else they treat them bad.

ok whats up with having a son. Is it force for a family to have a boy child??

I never understood that rule of the youngest waiting for the oldest before they got married, nonsense

when it comes to having a boy child, well in Nigerian culture it is a big deal because of the family/surname fiasco

(1) (Reply)

What Does 'JAPA' Mean - Nigeria Pidgin English / Names Of Animals In Bura/babur / Yoruba People I Need You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.