Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,190 members, 7,807,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? (15639 Views)

Top 20 Most Stylish Nigerian Celebrities In 2015 [PICS] / Nigerian Celebrities In South Africa For AMAA 2015 (pics) / List Of Nigerian Celebrities In Illuminati? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2012
Just curious.

I've seen a lot adult celebrities like mercy johnson, genevieve, ramsey nuoah, aki and pawpaw etc, act roles where they were used as teenagers,

why don't we have children and teenage big names? undecided the last child/teen celebrity i can remember is Binta my daughter, Bobo Ajasco, Nnena and a few others.

unlike hollywood, where u have justin bieber, zac efron, ashley tisdale, selena gomez, miley cyrus and a host of others!!!!!

even in the music industry (and entertainment in general), we don't have much children/teenage stars!

why? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Agrika: 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2012
Because they are busy preparing for JAMB and COMMON ENTRANCE exams

17 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2012
^^^ that's serious!

embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by adorebee(f): 1:15pm On May 12, 2012
There re quiet a no of them,its just dat they are not celebrated.they are neva in the̶̲̥̅̊ social scene e.g red carpets,shows,or even grace magazine front covers.its cos of the̶̲̥̅̊ Nigerian setting.Also Nollywood is always in a hurry to storm the̶̲̥̅̊ market with movies,and therefore has no patience with upcoming artistes,let alone,children.the̶̲̥̅̊ marketers too are also a problem becos nobody wants to stake his money in a movie with unfamilliar faces.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 12, 2012
Its because many parents dnt want to loose dia children to d nollywood madness..dey want dem to be old enof to b able to control d hype
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 12, 2012
So what would you call Aki and Paw Paw? Or are they not celebrated enough?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Callotti: 4:16pm On May 12, 2012
Because they can't do 'runs' with producers behind closed doors.
Moreover. . . acting is for drop-outs in Nigeria.
Every parent wants his or her child to be a 'doctor' or a 'lawyer'! kiss
How many Nollywood artistes have retired with huge pension packages?
NONE!

If you can't 'hooker' or 'pi-mp' yourself homosexually or bisexually in Nollywood. . . .forgggeditt!

Nollywood is not HOLLYWOOD!

THIS IS NIGERIA. . .Wake up! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by tpia5: 9:22pm On May 12, 2012
i was going to ask the same question the other day.

nigeria has no child actors or teenage celebrities it seems.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Jeel: 11:11pm On May 12, 2012
Lol
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 12, 2012
pro01: So what would you call Aki and Paw Paw? Or are they not celebrated enough?

they are called grown-ups tongue
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 12, 2012
adorebee: There re quiet a no of them,its just dat they are not celebrated.they are neva in T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ social scene e.g red carpets,shows,or even grace magazine front covers.its cos of T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ Nigerian setting[b].Also Nollywood is always in a hurry to storm T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ market with movies,and therefore has no patience with upcoming artistes,let alone,children.T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ marketers too are also a problem becos nobody wants to stake his money in a movie with unfamilliar faces[/b].

this kinda true embarassed
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by vinderbilt: 7:55pm On May 13, 2012
first off, acting is hard especially for children. afterall even our grown up actors aren't that good!
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 13, 2012
vinderbilt: first off, acting is hard especially for children. afterall even our grown up actors aren't that good!

there are a few good ones if sought out and empowered. . . . .

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 5:48am On May 14, 2012
How many Nigerian parents will push their children, especially daughters, into the entertainment industry? It's only in Nigeria that a good number of entertainers have degrees. Some months ago, eLDee put his report cards on twitter. High scores o lol. For us, school first, hobby/leisure later. Ask everyone in entertainment, be it music or Nollywood. They all had parents who were against their choice for going into entertainment.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by timmy1999(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2012
It worries me a lot cos way back in 90's u see child actor..av been thinking why they don't av child actor in nollyhood instead are those little men called aki and powpw playing the roles of kids in movie..
Anytin anyday yoruba films are still the best in terms of picture quality sound and lightening..you will see kids actor been represented alway..
Nollyhood is shit compared to yoruba films

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by gistme24(m): 2:48pm On May 14, 2012
Partly because practioners in nollywood hardly pick acts solely on merits. Its mostly a case of "who u sabi" and "wetin u go offer in return" .
Also, our movies nearly never makes a role for kids.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by kombats: 2:53pm On May 14, 2012
simply because na yahoo yahoo dey reign blowing money fast
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 14, 2012
Na because u nor wan marry make u born na, that is why children nor dey nollywood..
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by amosy007: 3:01pm On May 14, 2012
pro01: So what would you call Aki and Paw Paw? Or are they not celebrated enough?

Do they look like teenager to u?
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 14, 2012
ogugua88: How many Nigerian parents will push their children, especially daughters, into the entertainment industry? It's only in Nigeria that a good number of entertainers have degrees. Some months ago, eLDee put his report cards on twitter. High scores o lol. For us, school first, hobby/leisure later. Ask everyone in entertainment, be it music or Nollywood. They all had parents who were against their choice for going into entertainment.

that's Nigeria's mentality for you
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by chidike(m): 3:11pm On May 14, 2012
i've also wondered the same. Though most of the kids i see acting on TV aren't sharp, sorry to say, they're dull, no emotion whatsoever. Go watch that lil kid Jamie on 'One Tree Hill' now that's one sharp kid actor. Also, the one that can do it, may not know anyone to put them out there. Parents also are a big problem, i remember wen i was 12 and i told my Mom that i wanted to enroll in the church's keyboard training classes. She was like, wat would i do with that? That i don't need it Bla Bla Bla Bla...School school school, today in my early twenties; i learnt to play the guitar back in the uni and i've made lots of money from music, even though i'm still serving. If only i had learnt the Keyboard then, i would have gone far musically. Parents should learn to encourage their Children in whatever field they indicate interest. If its entertainment; give them the best in lessons and they'll excel...won't stop them from going to school. If its sports' provide all they need...some of the people that control millions in the world today are entertainers and sportsmen.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 14, 2012
I think most of our movies are based on love and superstitions, kids have no roles in lust and superstitions. Another reason is the marketing. Known faces sale movies and without insurance covers, any business person wants to thread on safe grounds.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by eghost247(m): 3:17pm On May 14, 2012
so true
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Sagamite(m): 3:23pm On May 14, 2012
Good!

What is celebrity?

Why would you want kids to be celebrity?

Our youth should focus on more productive things until they come of age and the culture should reflect this outcome.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by vanstanzy(m): 3:24pm On May 14, 2012
Its because nollywood or is it nollyhood doesnt beleive in the younger generation. Just saying. But seriously, Nigerians in general do not beleive in developing or nuturing talents, black africa inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by skillet(m): 3:24pm On May 14, 2012
becos hollywood parents re greedy nd selfish nd see their talented kids as a meal ticket. althou most nigerian parents re d same, dey re lazy nd jst cant be bothered.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nasri100(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2012
Yeah ramsey noah played as an 11 year old boy in one movie like dah #justsaying

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by whitedove(m): 3:33pm On May 14, 2012
Well,there are no kids in Nollywoood cos producers can not get what they want in terms of sexual harassment and the likes......they only give roles to the adults that are ready to pay them in kind! besides how many naija parents really believe in Nollywood prospects where homosexuality and sodomy abound ? in Naija na Education First all other things takes the back seat!
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:36pm On May 14, 2012
The reason are as follows;

1. Nollywood does not make childrens movies.

2. Nollywood never casts any child in a leading role in any of their movies.

3. No film schools so it is hard to train a kid to fit into a movie role.

4. No movie premiers, so kids are not seen on red carpets.

5. Even when a kid is given a lead role, they act for like 10mins of the film and the next thin you see is "20 years later" and voila that kid is now Ramsey Noah or Ini Edo.

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 14, 2012
chidike: i've also wondered the same. Though most of the kids i see acting on TV aren't sharp, sorry to say, they're dull, no emotion whatsoever. Go watch that lil kid Jamie on 'One Tree Hill' now that's one sharp kid actor. Also, the one that can do it, may not know anyone to put them out there. Parents also are a big problem, i remember wen i was 12 and i told my Mom that i wanted to enroll in the church's keyboard training classes. She was like, wat would i do with that? That i don't need it Bla Bla Bla Bla...School school school, today in my early twenties; i learnt to play the guitar back in the uni and i've made lots of money from music, even though i'm still serving. If only i had learnt the Keyboard then, i would have gone far musically. Parents should learn to encourage their Children in whatever field they indicate interest. If its entertainment; give them the best in lessons and they'll excel...won't stop them from going to school. If its sports' provide all they need...some of the people that control millions in the world today are entertainers and sportsmen.

I still think Ur mother was right.
Re: Why Don't We Have Children And Teenage Celebrities In Nollywood? by djeezy(m): 3:45pm On May 14, 2012
Agrika: Because they are busy preparing for JAMB and COMMON ENTRANCE exams
feasibly true...I guess u get celebrated based on the kind of role you play. Round character, it's easier for Genevieve to play a teenage than for the actual teens to play adults like when they get to play married roles. American movies have teens as heros(Harry porter, Narnia, home alone) etc but this is not practicable in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zlatan - 4nights In Ekohtiebo (Audio) / Yvonne Jegede Slams Miscarriage Reports / Nigerian Celebrities With The Most Expensive Jewelries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.