Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding (1566 Views)

Mad Woman Gives Birth To Twins In Public In Delta State / Mad Woman Gives Birth To Bouncing Baby Girl In Ogun (photo) / Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by josead: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2012
After two year of marriage, it has been from one problem to another. We got our baby boy just two months ago through CS. Now she addmitted again at pshychiatric hospital, where I got to know she has been treated for dt b4. She is not just getting better. What do I do, b4 I die of problem?
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by victorian(f): 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2012
You need to be very very prayerful and seek the aid of a true man of God to help you, through all these, So sorry.
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by yemisolar(m): 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2012
@op a little detail will help, how did you two meet? Whats her family background like? what kind of marital problems have you been having in the past? Why the c/s was it prolonged labour or her pelvis was too small?

However, i would like you to know that there is nothing new under heaven and if you hold on, this could be a great testimony later in life. resist the temptation to dump her and take your child away becaause she will always be the mother of your first child. Besides if she is your sister would you disown her?

Firstly, you need to get as much information on the history of her condition (when it started, the trigger factors etc). this is because post natal depression might be the reason she had a relapse. Understand that almost ALL mental conditions can be treated. You only need to be as supportive as you can be.

Having said that, we cannot rule out spiritual factors. from the information you get about her, you should know if will be appropriate to take her for deliverance (if you are not strong enough in faith). that can be done at mfm prayer city. On the other hand if you are a mature christian you can sit on the word, pray and fast and she will be delivered. Trust me, either approach works only that the second might take a longer time but is better.

Two years of marriage is a short time, i believe there are a lot of fundamental issues that you need to addres but since you didnt give details of the problems i might not be able to comment much but this i know, marriage can be one of the most fulfilling experiences on earth.

Though it was wrong for her not to have told you of the condition before you two married, the deed has been done and no matter how painful it is you need to find it in your heart to forgive her and stand behind her.

Finally,if you are not a christian much of what i want to say might not help. So i sugget you accept christ into your heart and ask Him to give you the strenght to be able to support your wife through this ordeal.

Take care.
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by Pampers: 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2012
Every family has its own PECULIAR chalenges.Wat maks a strong man is ability to overcom.God may use u fr hr.Dnt leav her
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2012
She has mental health issues.
What you are doing is what you should do, let her see psychiatrists.

You need to see a counselor and other healthcare givers.
They will tell you how to manage a mental health patient.

Such things are usually genetic.
In those days family used to investigate the mental health of potential in-laws.

My sympathies, i can only imagine what you're going through.
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2012
A lot of truth in wat yemi solar has said. Op this is when your wife needs u most dnt abandon her. Tough times dnt last but tough people do. There is nothing new under the sun no matter the problem. Dnt give up on her, dnt ridicule her n dnt let anybody ridicule her. She is ur wife.
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by Ivynwa(f): 1:41am On Feb 12, 2012
What kind of topic title is this dear? the way you coined the title doesn't sound good at all.

Marriage is not all about "honey" and "darling" and the good times, this is the other side of marriage that nobody talks about. Be prayerful and stand by your wife. If the position is switched, will you like to see her abandon you?
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by moremi2008(m): 3:35am On Feb 12, 2012
I can understand that you feel deceived into marrying a woman with an undisclosed history of schizophrenia (that's what it sounds like to me) but anger and regrets won't solve your problems. Like others have said, please get her treatment. Schizophrenia is manageable with the right treatment and doctors. Your first goal is to make sure your wife gets better. Nigeria has a HORRIBLE attitude towards mental health and likes to keep such issues hush-hush but there are lots of others out there facing the same challenge. One of my mum's childhood friends in Nigeria suffers from schizophrenia and her case was really bad until she found the right combination of drugs and discovered what her triggers are. She is pretty stabilized now and her children (she has four of them) know what to do and what not to do to keep her condition under control (she hasn't had a full relapse since the mid-nineties, I think, but she can't work and stays at home for most of the day).

Once your wife situation is stable, then you can both find the best way to manage her health. Please, taking away her baby or abandoning her in the midst of tribulation is not the way to go oh. Nobody on here is in the position to advice you about what to do once she gets better. Please consult your spiritual leader and family members and prayerful seek the way forward. Some problems pass Nairaland oh! May God visit you and your wife with mercy and grace during this trying time.
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by Outstrip(f): 6:32pm On Feb 12, 2012
How long ago did she previously need psychiatric intervention. How are you sure that this might not be post partum psychosis
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by mutter(f): 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2012
Poster, the title of your post stinks and is simply nasty.
I hope i t is not your behaviour that is driving your poor wife nuts angry
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by oluite(f): 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2012
Did you refer to your wife as a mad woman? shocked
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by Honeycity(f): 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2012
i doubt if this post is real. poster calling wife "a mad woman"?
Re: A Mad Woman In Church For Wedding by agiboma(f): 8:32am On Feb 14, 2012
@ OP Your wife has a history of mental illness and you need to be sensitive to this issue, you got a 2 month old son, well have you herd of PPD (post partum depression) most women without prior history of mental illness still have a possibility of suffering from this disorder after childbirth. Your wife is at a higher risk because of her prior mental health issues. So please dont abandon her in this time of need.

(1) (Reply)

Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? / Critical Advice Needed... In Dilema / Lovely Couples Celebrate 65years Of Marriage With Lovely Photoshoots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.