Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

How Do You Handle A Rude Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Handle A Rude Woman (4921 Views)

My Fiancee Is Very Aggressive And Rude / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / How Will You Handle A Feud Between An Ex Boyfriend And A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by WebMonk(m): 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2007
How do you handle a rude woman? Do you ignore her or lash back? I've heard of a slap or two a cautionary measure but i'm sure there's something better. Any Ideas?
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2007
Hmm, I've never been involved with a rude woman.

I'd say the same way you'd handle a rude man - walk away. The gender doesn't matter, the "slap or two" theory should NOT be used, regardless of who they are.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by WebMonk(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2007
Done that. But sometimes it's not as gratifying as lashing out. I did just that, but it stings. angry

it's not everyday someone talks to you anyhow and gets away with it. Man, so pissed!
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by almondjoy(f): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2007
What do you mean by "rude"? undecided  I think you need to concretize your experience so we can get a feel of what you are saying here.  Just an example.  Some women are outspoken and stand up to male aggression.  That does not constitute rudeness in my dicco!

Just from observing your two posts above, looks like you are have a naturally "angry" constitution and are in dire need of some anger management courses, before your maim somebody.  At least 60 hours of community service with some big burly guys! grin

Sighs--the things you get away with when you live in Nigeria. Won't dare utter such on foreign soil--Talking about a slap or two? undecided In 2008 almost?-----
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by uspry1(f): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2007
I suggest you to watch the rented movie called "Norbit", is that what you talk about describing a rude woman?

If I was in your shoe, I would not date a rude woman just like the movie "Norbit", no way!!!! Very disrespectful unheathly relationship!!!
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by janami(f): 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2007
women can be rude, yes. but gettin physical does not solve the problem, they only get more worked up. sometimes there is a way that u can just look at her that will make her feel kind of bad about the whole thing
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by Seun(m): 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2007
You don't have any right to "get physical" with an adult in a civilized society. It's not even an option.
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ Seun: I'm glad you deleted that baseball bat.

Violence breeds violence, it's never the answer. Even the common cane used in schools is wron. As far as I know, the whip was designed for cattle, and I'd even hesitate to flog a poor dumb creature, definitely never a human! sad
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by desertboom(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2007
Ha, if she is too rude rather rude you tell her the final goodbye simple.
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by janami(f): 3:06pm On Oct 20, 2007
desertboom:

yeah, spoken like a true problem solver. run away from d problem. say goodbye. even if she is related 2 u

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by Seun(m): 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2007
In a civilized country, there's nothing you can do except walk away and face your own business. wink
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by WebMonk(m): 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2007
Otio! See what i have been missing in NL (Had to reactivate my internet access).

Thanks NL for your support. For d record i haven't lashed out anybody, but when you follow that rule almost your entire life you can't help but wonder if there isn't a better alternative. guess there isn't.

I've learnt from experience (though not mine). My sister was already "engaged" so to speak. All that was needed was for her boyfriend to meet our parents and receive their blessing. 2 days prior to that day they had a major argument (I've settled some myself). And he got "physical". She had bruises and such. That was it. You wouldn't believe how much this guy begged, called to apologize, but it was over.

desertboom:

Nice one, i'll admit

almondjoy:

Just from observing your two posts above, looks like you are have a naturally "angry" constitution and are in dire need of some anger management courses, before your maim somebody.
wow - na me be dis?
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by tkb417(m): 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2007
im an expert in putting them in der rightful places. Ive got a rich vocabs to make her look sober.
Say some crispy, calculated words and walk away.
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by almondjoy(f): 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2007
Seun:

You don't have any right to "get physical" with an adult in a civilized society. It's not even an option.

Seun:

In a civilized country, there's nothing you can do except walk away and face your own business. wink

Just wondering why the emphasis on "civilized" countries. Like it is okay in uncivilzed ones? undecided

@Webmonk

You got with the lady because you saw something in her in the first place I assume. After all said and done, nothing is working for you. The only reasonable thing to do is to leave since she would not change for the better. If it absolutely bothers you--then you catch the next bus!
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by netotse(m): 12:05am On Oct 23, 2007
make her understand in as few word as possible(preferably less than 10)that u're going to leave her if she doesn't try to change, (this is best done jst as u guys r making up)
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by iice(f): 3:07am On Oct 23, 2007
Lmao like threatening abandonment somehow will make a person change (for a few months at most prolly)
Topic, just walk away or if you had to, you can 'try' to utter some scathing remarks and leave lol. . .
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by Zandra1(f): 5:54am On Oct 23, 2007
The surprising thing about lots of Nigerian men esp. the "macho'' ones is that they never come in contact with "rude" men but always "rude" women. Very sad, stupid and barbaric. When a lot of them meet the "rude" guys even if the guy was at wrong they will be apologizing profusely. But when its a "rude" woman they display their cowardice sorry "strength" by fighting them. To lily livered mistake of men, like someone suggested, dating or marrying a girl like Eddy Murphy's wife in Norbit or women that are naturally very strong or female body builders will help u become more "macho" if u get my drill.

Poster, I hope u dont think am lashing out at u cause am not. Its just that beating and maltreating women seem very rampant in Nigeria. It makes me sick. Some movie producers even enjoy showing it in their movies. And the most annoying thing about these movies is that after the whole thing the woman would come crawling back to her husband and begging him to please reconsider taking her back. How pathetic.
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by netotse(m): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2007
iice:

Lmao like threatening abandonment somehow will make a person change (for a few months at most prolly)
Topic, just walk away or if you had to, you can 'try' to utter some scathing remarks and leave lol. . .

threatening? who sed anything about that? i sed make her inderstand, if she doesn't change then dump her rude errr, fanny!
and if she really feels she needs u she'll try to change, (of course its a two way thing d guy has a part to play in d change process as well)cos most guys jst leave the other person on their own to sort out the thing without trying to see if they can help
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by iice(f): 2:06am On Oct 24, 2007
A person does not change just because another person wants them to change. . .it takes more than words and sometimes even actions to change a person. Kindda reminds me of when babes think they can change their men yeah right. People can be hella deceptive
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by jayvin01: 2:31am On Oct 24, 2007
i ignore such!! i dont have time to waste on some1 who aint gon appreciate it
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by netotse(m): 7:02am On Oct 24, 2007
@iice
true, but i'm working under the assumption that the rude person wants to stay in the relationship, wot shld happen is that the rude person would realise that she stands to lose the guy if she doesn't change
its true u cant force someone to change but der r somethings that'll make u want to change sharpish!, trust me i know(for me it was life on my own for 4months after that i was singing john legends 'i can change')
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by almondjoy(f): 7:11am On Oct 24, 2007
Zandra1:

The surprising thing about lots of Nigerian men esp. the "macho'' ones is that they never come in contact with "rude" men but always "rude" women. Very sad, stupid and barbaric. When a lot of them meet the "rude" guys even if the guy was at wrong they will be apologizing profusely. But when its a "rude" woman they display their cowardice sorry "strength" by fighting them. To lily livered mistake of men, like someone suggested, dating or marrying a girl like Eddy Murphy's wife in Norbit or women that are naturally very strong or female body builders will help u become more "macho" if u get my drill.

Poster, I hope u don't think am lashing out at u cause am not. Its just that beating and maltreating women seem very rampant in Nigeria. It makes me sick. Some movie producers even enjoy showing it in their movies. And the most annoying thing about these movies is that after the whole thing the woman would come crawling back to her husband and begging him to please reconsider taking her back. How pathetic.

That is exactly why I wanted the poster's definition of "rudeness". A typical "African" hottentot will call any woman rude for answering his questions in public or raising her eyebrows. Like you said--we have a way of glorifying madness at the slightest opportunity. Why can't people just sit down and talk about their problems instead of thinking of a violent way out?
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by sonas(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2007
First,make the woman know that her action constitute rudeness by making her understand what u term rude. If she doesn't change, then give her a break until she becomes sober. If she still doesn't change then , use ur instinct, let her go.
It's best u don't hang on to pain in the name or whatever u call it, love?
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 24, 2007
Take a walk.
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by whitelexi(m): 10:44am On Oct 24, 2007
Trust me, there are many ways to kill a rat grin

You can use a rat trap, rat poisoning, or u can just smash the head with any weapon grin

But with women, violence is not the way out. I tend do something that exposes the fact that there is only one head in the family without necessarily doing any stupid thing. Some women just need some time to realize they've been bad, and they'll come back to apologize, others will need you to show your unhappiness. Whichever way it swings, a mature man. . . A real Man, will know what steps to take. Some steps will just be routine, others will have to be drastic. . . but one will have to be taken.
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by iice(f): 10:49am On Oct 24, 2007
netotse:

@iice
true, but i'm working under the assumption that the rude person wants to stay in the relationship, wot shld happen is that the rude person would realise that she stands to lose the guy if she doesn't change
its true u can't force someone to change but der r somethings that'll make u want to change sharpish!, trust me i know(for me it was life on my own for 4months after that i was singing john legends 'i can change')

Even if the rude person wants to stay in a relationship. . .change usually is just temporary. Not saying every1 but alot delude themselves into thinking they have changed or they have caused change in another. Like i said people can be hella deceptive. . .if one wants it bad enough, one can 'make' oneself the 'almost perfect' person grin True you can cause some effect but unless that effect is lasting, a person will still revert to who he/she was and may always will be
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by netotse(m): 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2007
iice:

Even if the rude person wants to stay in a relationship. . .change usually is just temporary. Not saying everyone but alot delude themselves into thinking they have changed or they have caused change in another. Like i said people can be hella deceptive. . .if one wants it bad enough, one can 'make' oneself the 'almost perfect' person grin True you can cause some effect but unless that effect is lasting, a person will still revert to who he/she was and may always will be
i get u're point and it makes a lot of sense, but thing is, well, at first i wasnt a calling or txting person den my girlfriend complained and afta dat we split(due to some oda issues) and when we got back afta 4months it was a lot easier for me to keep in touch(she even sed she was amazed)its been 4months since we got back nd even tho i dnt always feel like replying every txt at least i kno am much better, so abeg dont scare me o(saying change is temporary)i think it depends on d ppl involved(not saying am anywhere near perfect, i have more than my fair share of faults)bt i've tried nd it seems its here to stay,
Re: How Do You Handle A Rude Woman by iice(f): 4:42am On Oct 25, 2007
Good for you then wink

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Ask A Girl If She Has A Boyfriend? / Some Awfull Things Ladies Do In Bed That Killed My Libido / For All The Ladies: How To Turn Your Man On For Bed Actions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.