Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu (5744 Views)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Fayose Praises Buhari, Urges Nigerians To Accept Election Results / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by adewasco2k(m): 4:30am On Feb 12, 2012
The issues of justice, which the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, the Ikemba of Nnewi, craved for and fought against, before the civil war, are replaying before the faces of Nigerians, Governor Godswill Akpabio warned Friday.

Governor Akpabio, who was speaking in a condolence visit to Barr.(Mrs) Bianca Ojukwu, the widow of the deceased statesman, who headed the secessionist bid of the still-born Biafra, stressed that Nigerians needed to study the philosophy and ideologies of the late Ikemba in order to find the pathway to lasting peace.

He insisted that Nigerians should always dialogue to achieve peace and not allow the country to move to the precipice of war, noting that the late Ikemba was a reluctant rebel and in him, Nigeria had a man who lived a good life, made valuable contributions to national development, exhibited true patriotism and greatness, and left indelible marks behind.

The governor, who was speaking in Kasabianka Lodge, Enugu, residence of the Ojukwus, described the late Dim Ojukwu as a crusader for justice and an icon even in death, and stated that all Akwa Ibom people shared the pain of his loss, because when he was alive he fought for the justice of the entire Eastern Region.

He advised the family not to mourn as a people without hope, because the late Ikemba, as a good Christian, had transited to higher glory and was assured of eternal rest for all his good works while he was on earth, adding that his good works on earth would also remain a lasting legacy.

In her response, Barr. (Mrs) Ojukwu, expressed appreciation to Governor Akpabio for the condolence visit and added that the enthusiasm and support the governor had given to the family so far had given them hope that the late Ikemba would be given a national burial.

She described Governor Akpabio as a leader who has the quality of achieving greatness, and who is sensitive to the plight of his people, adding that “this is the only way a leader can be enshrined in the hearts of the people he governs.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/news/6389-akpabio-urges-nigerians-to-study-ojukwu
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Onlytruth(m): 5:36am On Feb 12, 2012
adewasco2k:

The issues of justice, which the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, the Ikemba of Nnewi, craved for and fought against, before the civil war, are replaying before the faces of Nigerians, Governor Godswill Akpabio warned Friday.

Governor Akpabio, who was speaking in a condolence visit to Barr.(Mrs) Bianca Ojukwu, the widow of the deceased statesman, who headed the secessionist bid of the still-born Biafra, stressed that Nigerians needed to study the philosophy and ideologies of the late Ikemba in order to find the pathway to lasting peace.

He insisted that Nigerians should always dialogue to achieve peace and not allow the country to move to the precipice of war, noting that the late Ikemba was a reluctant rebel and in him, Nigeria had a man who lived a good life, made valuable contributions to national development, exhibited true patriotism and greatness, and left indelible marks behind.

The governor, who was speaking in Kasabianka Lodge, Enugu, residence of the Ojukwus, described the late Dim Ojukwu as a crusader for justice and an icon even in death, and stated that all Akwa Ibom people shared the pain of his loss, because when he was alive [size=14pt]he fought for the justice of the entire Eastern Region[/size].

He advised the family not to mourn as a people without hope, because the late Ikemba, as a good Christian, had transited to higher glory and was assured of eternal rest for all his good works while he was on earth, adding that his good works on earth would also remain a lasting legacy.

In her response, Barr. (Mrs) Ojukwu, expressed appreciation to Governor Akpabio for the condolence visit and added that the enthusiasm and support the governor had given to the family so far had given them hope that the late Ikemba would be given a national burial.

She described Governor Akpabio as a leader who has the quality of achieving greatness, and who is sensitive to the plight of his people, adding that “this is the only way a leader can be enshrined in the hearts of the people he governs.”

Gov Godswill Akpabio is gradually building his stocks as a great governor, and a proud son of Eastern Nigeria. Every of his moves are measured and honest. As governor of Akwa Ibom state, he is making HUGE strides in infrastructure development, laying a solid foundation for the future of the state.
Mark my words, this man will go places! cool cool cool
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by mensdept: 6:11am On Feb 12, 2012
Whether people like it or not, they can bury Ojukwu, but not the truth that Ojukwu told the world year

"Nigeria" needs to be partitioned/restructured. Common sense, logical, and long overdue. Anything else is sheer fear (of certain groups doing well and others exposed) or bliss.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 12, 2012
@ lasino ,must you always write rubbish in every single thread every now and then,what is so special to you about this forum that you are always seeking for attention?
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by adook1: 10:10am On Feb 12, 2012
See the busybody governor wetin concern akwa ibom and ojukwu,tell him to go and pay salaries arrears since april 2011 and stop sharing money while his subjects are in penury ,the whole world knows whats happening in akwa ibom
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by saintneo(m): 10:47am On Feb 12, 2012
When Imoke, Amechi, Uduaghan etc come to pay their respect/condolence, I think some people will explode.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by chijam: 11:12am On Feb 12, 2012
Only one from the Eastern part of Nigeria would dish such garbage.
Istanbul=EASTERN BULLSHYTE!

We have already studied him.
He is an Igbo man.
What is there to study?
He is an enemy of the Nigerian State. . .he should be buried and remembered by his EASTERNERS. . .where he has the slightest imaginable relevance as a NONENTITY. 

I wonder if this one has taken his medication lately.   I wonder why you have not been fallen by Boko haram bombs all these day
you are a history student if at all you have been to uni reading all west induced histroy books.  so what do you regard your AWO as?
imbecil like you angry tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by arrangee: 11:17am On Feb 12, 2012
Akpabio is a general purpose sycophant with mouth diarrhea. If boko haram could benefit Akpabio in any form, he would be all over the press praising them to the rafters. Take whatever he says with a pinch of salt,
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by eastman11: 11:17am On Feb 12, 2012
@ lasino, a Russian Philosopher once said "I feel bereaved at the death of any man any where in the world because i am involved in mankind". Today Ojukwu's death is a subject of national discuss, he was a man that leaved and died fighting for others, a man who sees wealth and material possession as vanity.
He will definitely get a heroes burial whether the burial is national or regional the fact remains that for all generations to come Nigeria history will never be complete without Ojukwu's name mentioned and for you Ojukwu's death is better than your living and till your death you will never amount to anything including all your seed, by this you are cursed.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by fsoobinwa: 11:29am On Feb 12, 2012
Allow this gor, he should face ruling and providing his people with leadership. I heard his has not paid minimum wage
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by akins56(m): 11:34am On Feb 12, 2012
Whats there to study in d life of a foolish murderer like ojukwu who led millions of helpless Igbo to a war dat an ordinary goat knows can not be won only to ran in a woman outfit out of nigeria and live his pple to die. Dats y ghadafi would forever be a hero to d libyans cos he fights to death in wat he belief in.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2012
I don't support this idea since there's not much to study about the man other than the war -
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by noiseless: 11:48am On Feb 12, 2012
What is it about the old eastern region,that some usual suspects can't help to display their idiocy any time it's mentioned?See vultures they think everyone must remain blind and foolish unending,soon you will see uncountable number of them on here claiming to be from akwa ibom or any other eastern state.OYA VULTURES AND DINASOUS THE FIELD IS FREE.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by noiseless: 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2012
What can i say,who are u,i mean what is your real ID?So you quickly registered this new ID now just to post trash? and when called a coward you will feel sucidal,now you have convinced yourself what a coward you are by registering this ID just to derail this thread bloody coward.
fsoobinwa:

Allow this gor, he should face ruling and providing his people with leadership. I heard his has not paid minimum wage

Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by otondo55: 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2012
"What your father saw while sitting down, you as a son will not see it even if you climb the Iroko tree".

And that which The Great Ikemba saw, is still repeating it self in different ways.

Nigeria remains a laughing stock with no-head-way.

And will remain so until the ideology of The Great Ikemba is addressed.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Isk(f): 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2012
arrangee:

Akpabio is a general purpose sycophant with mouth diarrhea. If boko haram could benefit Akpabio in any form, he would be all over the press praising them to the rafters. Take whatever he says with a pinch of salt,
lol. I agree though
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Kabai: 1:08pm On Feb 12, 2012
See the busybody governor wetin concern akwa ibom and ojukwu,tell him to go and pay salaries arrears since april 2011 and stop sharing money while his subjects are in penury ,the whole world knows whats happening in akwa ibom

@Ado ok. I am sure you are from Akwa Ibom. Though I am not from there, learn to appreciate good thing. That man has done more than what the former governor (v. Attah) did in 8 years, within 4 years and he is still achieving. That we criticise politicians here doesn't mean we should not acknowledge the ones who try their best to do well. That's one governor I respect. When last I visited that state, Uyo to be precise, I thought I was just arriving Abj. I respect him for the infrastructure if not for anything. If you insist he hasn't done well, then posterity will tell. Nothing else tells about a leader, but posterity.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by okpurukata(f): 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
We are and will remain Easterners at heart. What further proof do those divisive people on Nl need? Come what may, we easterners stick together. Adieu Ikemba - The Great One.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by solayemi(m): 1:37pm On Feb 12, 2012
Yes. Study him and learn how to start a war and run away while it is hot. Study him and learn how to p, ke ur friend's dauther's a, ss.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Dede1(m): 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2012
@POST

I think Akpabio belongs to the majority of Ibibio and Annang peeps who fundamentally believed in what was at stake in1966 Nigeria. It is unfortunate that minority number among them seemed to be fed with loads of distortion and fallacy yet have failed to learn a lesson with Bakassi episode.

Nigeria is about to disintegrate and the naysayer in minority among Ibibio and Annang will be forced to leave and form one nationality with Boko Haram.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Dede1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 12, 2012
solayemi:

Yes. Study him and learn how to start a war and run away while it is hot. Study him and learn how to p, ke ur friend's dauther's a, ss.

There is no doubt you know one or two things about fvcking the arse. Keep it up!!!  grin grin
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Magnanimity(m): 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2012
Ikemba is a legend !
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by kizito96(m): 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2012
I think he made a good point. Ikemba should be a case study
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Yujin(m): 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
Some people deliberately stick to the prejudiced opinion handed over to them by their fathers & biased historians. What actually did Ojukwu do wrong? Why the hatred against a man that stood for justice and equity? The retired Gen. John Shagaya said he would do exactly what Ojukwu did if found in thesame shoe as Ojukwu. This is coming from a supposed northerner yet some southerners are still bent on crucifying his corpse if possible. We can excuse a wrong when done ignorantly but will never when boasting on the wrong continues unrepentantly.
I am ashamed with some westerners on this forum who do hesitate to cast aspertions on thing that concerns the east. Most of those old folks(Azikiwe, Awolowo,Ojukwu) have gone & even Gowon and Adekunle do not wrongly criticize the East the way our contemporaries do. Any major conflict is imminent; everyone should watch his tongue.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2012
adewasco2k:

He insisted that Nigerians should always dialogue to achieve peace and not allow the country to move to the precipice of war, noting that the late Ikemba was a reluctant rebel and in him, Nigeria  had a man who lived a good life, made valuable contributions to national development, exhibited true patriotism and greatness, and left indelible marks behind.

The governor, who was speaking in Kasabianka Lodge, Enugu, residence of the Ojukwus, described the late Dim Ojukwu as a crusader for justice and an icon even in death, and stated that all Akwa Ibom people shared the pain of his loss, because when he was alive he fought for the justice of the entire Eastern Region.

IKEMBA You Lived and died a great man, your philosophies and ideologies will forever remain with us
Rest peace
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
solayemi:

at least study him for something
you are a faceless jobless,gutless, prospect less, homeless, brainless, lifeless NL MONKEYl
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Proxytalk: 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2012
one thing that constantly fuel my fear over the continued existence of Nigeria is the ever increasing rate of tribalism in Nigerians. Ojukwu went to the best of schools in uk.his father with few british coy established the present day NSE, so money was not a problem. yet when he came back from uk with M.deg was placed under illiterates is that justice? wole soyinka and femi falana recentlY said it that our prolem is that some people blv they have birth right to be in control. thats akpabio's point
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 12, 2012
Dede1, You and Lasinoh should take this somewhere private. Just an advice.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2012
Study?
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Dede1(m): 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2012
Aigbofa:

Dede1, You and Lasinoh should take this somewhere private. Just an advice.

You sure know Lasinoh is long way below my social stratum.
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 12, 2012
Dede1:

You sure know Lasinoh is long way below my social stratum.

Love have no respect for such boundaries. cool
Re: Akpabio Urges Nigerians To Study Ojukwu by hackney(m): 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2012
The truth is that these other nigerian regions are too 'yes sir' to be targeted and attacked by the north like they do igbos up there.
But with this Boko Haram dispensation (which by the way Ikemba clearly saw in the '60'), while these other regions are knelt down kissing
northern feet, they will still wire hot lashes on your potruding asses because they think you are scum.

That day will come.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New Lagos State Ministry Of Justice And Office Of The Public Defender. Pics / An Exclusive Interview With Reuben Abati / FG Promises To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.