Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: (6001 Views)

Another $370m Abacha Loot Traced To Luxembourg – Swiss Ambassador / Breaking News: Us Intelligence Reveals Sources Of Boko Haram Funding (read) / Australian Negotiator Says CBN Enables Boko Haram Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by bittyend(m): 4:18am On Feb 13, 2012
Boko Haram’s funding traced to UK, S/Arabia •Sect planned to turn Nigeria into Afghanistan •Arrested kingpin opens up

INVESTIGATIONS into activities of the dreaded militant Islamic sect, Boko Haram have led operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) and its collaborative local and international agencies into the sources of funding of the dreaded sect.

Information at the disposal of Nigerian Tribune indicates that operatives were told that the group had received funds from some Al-Qaeda-linked organisations based in the middle East.

However, the operatives were said to have made a shocking find, which confirmed that the group actually received funding from a United Kingdom-based (UK) organisation.

It was gathered that leaders of the sect already arrested had opened up by giving some strategic information, especially on the funding of the dreaded organisation.

Sources confirmed that while the organisation relied on donations by its members in its earlier days, its links with Al-Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) opened it to fundings from groups in Saudi Arabia and the UK.

According to the sources, different confirmations coming from sources in Boko Haram had indicated clearly that a group known as Al-Muntada Trust Fund, with headquarters in the United Kingdom, had extended some financial assistance to the sect.

Investigations, so far, revealed that the sect received financial assistance from some Islamic organisations.

“The sect was also said to have received funding from Islamic World Society with headquarters in Saudi Arabia,” one source stated.

It was gathered that while initial funds for the sect came from contributions by members, there were also donations from notable Muslims, especially a businessman, who was once said to have donated a bus and some loud speakers to the organisation and the late Baba Fugu, Mohammed Yusuf’s in-law, who was said to have donated a farmland at Auno village in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State.

It was also gathered that security agencies have uncovered another sponsor, whose identity was given as a businessman from Bauchi State. He was said to have developed links with Al-Qaeda in Somalia having received some training from one Abu Umar Al-Wadud, the man who leads Al-Qaeda in Somalia.

The man was said to have escaped from Nigeria in 2009, following the onslaught by security agencies and he is said to be living in Somalia.

Intelligence officers were also said to have been told that the said businessman visited Nigeria in October 2010 and was said to have held meetings in Kano with the leaders of Boko Haram, including Abubakar Shekau, the acclaimed military commander.

It was also gathered that the sect originally planned to replicate Afghanistan situation in Nigeria, as it named its original base in Yobe State as Afghanistan.

Investigators were said to have confirmed that Boko Haram was fashioned after the Taliban movement in Afghanistan and that one of its earliest bases located in Kanama, Yobe State was named Afghanistan.

The base was, however, said to have been demolished in December 2004.

“The group is originally fashioned after the Tali-bans in Afghanistan and it intended to replicate the Afghan situation across Nigeria.

“That is why one of the original bases was named Afghanistan before its demolition in 2004,” a source disclosed.

It was also learnt at the weekend that the State Security Services (SSS) planned to immediately commence the trial of the arrested Boko Haram kingpins as, according to sources, the Director-General of SSS had issued orders indicating that the operatives investigating the suspects must conclude investigations quickly, so as to give way for trial.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/35888-boko-harams-funding-traced-to-uk-sarabia-sect-planned-to-turn-nigeria-into-afghanistan-arrested-kingpin-opens-up
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by bittyend(m): 4:21am On Feb 13, 2012
Londonistan again I smell MI6 and CIA - maybe all you Anglophiles can open your whitewashed eyes and brains, and see what's really going on,

That's why I laugh I read comments from clowns like @sagamite ala NL's residence pseudo-intellectuals - clowns like him needs to read this,

I laugh in Boko Haram grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Phuck Boko Haram!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by bittyend(m): 4:21am On Feb 13, 2012
*pseudo-intellectual
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 13, 2012
Nigerian investigators abi?

ese o, no thank you.   Nigeria needs to take blame for its children, thanks to years of bad governance.
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by Rhino4dm: 4:27am On Feb 13, 2012
where is Buhari in all this? Where is IBB connection or Asari Dokubo in all this? smh!
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by Rhino4dm: 4:28am On Feb 13, 2012
My one and only. . . . cool

Ileke-IdI:

Nigerian investigators abi?

ese o, no thank you. Nigeria needs to take blame for its children, thanks to years of bad governance.
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by koruji(m): 4:29am On Feb 13, 2012
I don't seem to understand your point. Are you saying that MI6/CIA are behind Boko Haram? If so, is Kabiru Sokoto British/American?

In any case, Nigeria has not arrived as any sort of power until our undercover agents know how to pinpoint the criminals sponsoring BH and dealing with them behind closed curtains - whereever they may be hiding in the world.

I am not holding my breath either - we are the nation who allowed Iranians who smuggled enough arms to support a small war into our nation to go scott-free. And we wonder how BH came about their dangerous weapons.

bittyend:

Londonistan again I smell MI6 and CIA - maybe all you Anglophiles can open your whitewashed eyes and brains, and see what's really going on,

That's why I laugh I read comments from clowns like @sagamite ala NL's residence pseudo-intellectuals - clowns like him needs to read this,

I laugh in Boko Haram grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Phuck Boko Haram!!!
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by bittyend(m): 4:43am On Feb 13, 2012
I don't seem to understand your point. Are you saying that MI6/CIA are behind Boko Haram? If so, is Kabiru Sokoto British/American?

You don't get it, do you?? Most times when CIA, MOSSAD and FBI do this overt adventures, they use the "boogie" men. Just as IBB was used during the IRAN CONTRA, and Nigeria became the best route for hard drugs. All the people you listed maybe involved, but they're not funding them directly - they do these things indirectly,

The questions you need to ask is that, why are these organizations funding BH located in the UK and Saudi Arabia

Who funds these organizations?
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 13, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

My one and only. . . . cool
Always cool
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by koruji(m): 4:57am On Feb 13, 2012
I am not disputing that the CIA, MOSSAD or whatever have played dirty tricks around the world. There are only two problems with using that as explanation for whatever happens in our country.

1. Any criminal, religious or otherwise, network can use that excuse even when nothing of the sort is happening. It is such an elastic excuse as to be worthless.
2. What is stopping us from dealing with those involved? Willing hands within us? You mention IBB who ruled the country for almost 8 years and recently tried to become president as the conduit for drug smuggling in Nigeria. If that were true, it seems more like the fault of IBB that any imaginary CIA or British conspiracy to me.
3. The location of those involved says nothing about who is responsible for sponsoring BH. Heck, BH-like groups have been unearthed and dealt with in those countries too.

You are the one really missing the point. The effects of the actions of the CIA, MOSSAD or any other group on our nation matters to the extent we have lost control of our affairs. And we have no control of our affairs - hence even Iranians that were caught red-handed with weapons enough to start a small war went scott free.

bittyend:

You don't get it, do you?? Most times when CIA, MOSSAD and FBI do this overt adventures, they use the "boogie" men. Just as IBB was used during the IRAN CONTRA, and Nigeria became the best route for hard drugs. All the people you listed maybe involved, but they're not funding them directly - they do these things indirectly,

The questions you need to ask is that, why are these organizations funding BH located in the UK and Saudi Arabia

Who funds these organizations?
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by russellino: 7:04am On Feb 13, 2012
Like other ngo's, al-muntada get their funding from donations by millions of muslims all over the world but especially from the arab world. The aims of these groups are to further the aims of islam but of course that goes into buying guns to give to al-shabab and boko haram. Because of the laws guarding the secret nature of trust funds whether islamic or charitable or whatever its very difficult to monitor who pays what to whom. Even the british are aware of the threat that these so called charities pose
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 13, 2012
Boko Haram = AQIM = C.I.A
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by hakanai(m): 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2012
Funny and surprising considering that a country like UK and USA don't waste time to sense and disrupt cash flow of any organization or individual once identified as for terrorist.Tell me UK did not know?This foreign nations na wa o!Even Saudi arabia royal family/leadership is a known supporter and implementation hand of the USA in regional affairs around Middle-east and Africa o!
It is also easy to lure our poverty stricken people or political harlots in to assisting to sale the nation or destroy it.Anywayz Naija enjoy.It maybe Iran self or Saudi or UK or Niger or Ghaddafi supporters!!!!
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by ParisLove1: 12:35am On Sep 28, 2012
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by dasparrow: 1:01am On Sep 28, 2012
@Post

I am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by Horus(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2012
Now that we know that Boko Haram’s funding come from UK and Saoudi Arabia what are we doing about it?. Any solution?
Re: Boko Haram’s Funding Traced To Uk, S/arabia: by cjrane: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
S. Arabia again
Didn't i tell FG to deport their BH boys back to them? Since the Saudis now have the audacity to deport our fine Muslim gals that went there to hook up with handsome Saudi princes. grin We must deport the BH boys to their people in Saudi.

(1) (Reply)

CNN Inside Africa On Infrastructure Tour In Akwa Ibom - Pics / Picture Of Gen Buhari During The Civil War / RAW Video From The Bank Robbery At Lagos Ikorodu This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.