Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 (7325 Views)

CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts / 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees / Why R.Kelly Has Not Won Any Grammy Awards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by teewai27: 6:12am On Feb 13, 2012
I enjoyed watching the whole show on tv and couldnt resist sharing some observations.

Love llcool jay!he handled the bizness of hosting like a pro and i like the prayer he read for whitney.though i didnt get why he had to write it out sha but it was cool.

Love wat everyone was wearing, well almost everyone. Katy perry needs to stop coloring her hair.seriously, its hurting my eyes.lol green, purple, yellow.make up ur mind girl.her performance was good sha.

Bruno mars and his funny comment in the middle of his performance, get off ur rich a, ses. Funny.

Kelly clarkson's performance with d dude i dont knw his name. Felt sorry for them. Their mics kept failing. She had to finish d song alone, not cool.

Adele adele adele, nuff said about how she stole d show, with d foo fighters behind. Adele rocked! Maybe it was me but i could tell rihanna and katy perry were bitching every time they called adele's name for a grammy. I tried to read their lips. But im weird like dat so maybe not.lol

so adele cried when she got d album of the year and she even said she had snot in her nose. I mean, how down to earth can u be?she's too much jare. But i kept feeling sorry for her boyfriend.she didnt even mention his name once in her acceptance speeches. Poor guy. He should have worn a better suit n tie sha. Lol

love jennifer's tribute song to whitney. Not the white jen, d black one. Think weight watchers, lol

what in the world was nicki minaj wearing?is that a head with horns on her dress, sorry no pictures but if u have any, pls put them up. Scary tngs at d grammy. That her performance must have some kind of symbolic meaning cos it was just too occultic abeg.

Great show. Share ur tots.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 13, 2012
Adele is such a beautiful and down to earth woman. She is not only talented but very stunning. I am a huge fan and all the awards she won was well deserved.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by dadicvila(m): 7:26am On Feb 13, 2012
Too bad i cudnt watch the grammy awards,after the afcon finals i fell asleep instantly,please more insights,who else won an award??abi na only aunty adele them give award?? wink wink
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by llbhuds: 12:32pm On Feb 13, 2012
how on earth will some1 dress like dis to a grammy when she no be cyborg

Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2012
I love Adele. Beautiful, confident,outstandingly talented lady who's comfortable in her image and brings substance and natural talent to her music, not the contrived garbage from the likes of Lady "Madonna wannabe" Gaga and no-talent Rihanna who adds no creative input whatsoever to her music and sells sex as a shortcut to success and acclaim.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by stepo707: 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2012
Adele won 6 awards.congrats
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by sexysunnyb(m): 12:58pm On Feb 13, 2012
This girl don take cocaine before she come de grammy
her own pattern come turn Cyborg Bauer
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2012
Kanye did not deserve dat rap/sung collaboration at all. I wuda prefered I'm on one or motivation. Those were much bigger hits
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Sammyfemy: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2012
It's just another 54 occultic oppulence. How positively are they impacting our world and the younger generation? They set a standard wit virtuous hardwork can't achieve except one belongs to a set or other.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by stronger: 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2012
The Grammies got it right mostly!
2011. . . The Year of Adele!
Adele. . . Time to start focusing on the quality of ur MUSIC not the quality of ur BODY!! smiley
Long live Adele!
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Koolking(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2012
llbhuds:

how on earth will some1 dress like dis to a grammy when she no be cyborg

This looks like a doll. weird

Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Koolking(m): 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2012
Adele is epitome of grace. . .she exceeds my expectations when she first came into limelight
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by ememonl(m): 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2012
Big ups to Adele for wining record six grammys and for Nicki Minaj, wonder what she was thinking dressed like this with such a date.
Are  these celebrities not so nuts.  

http://5slate..com/2012/02/nicki-minaj-hits-grammys-red-carpet-in.html
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2012
Lady gaga started the weird dressing movement lipsrsealed
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by sleekman(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2012
ememonl:

Big ups to Adele for wining record six grammys and for Nicki Minaj, wonder what she was thinking dressed like this with such a date.
Are  these celebrities not so nuts.  

See Were. Thank God na America u dey. Iran or Saudi Arabia for don fry your Dr Reyed up a.ss.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by mariousroi: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2012
Psalm 58
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by nwanioma(f): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2012
Can't wait to watch fashion police and watch Jone river tear these people apart!
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by tlops(m): 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2012
Ranks007:

Lady gaga started the weird dressing movement lipsrsealed
Na lady gaga cause am!
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by tlops(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2012
It seems very fashionable to bash the current state of the music industry and romanticize the past's superiority on the internet. Yes, it's sad that lots of high profile artists need digital perfection to mask their ability to carry a tune. And yes one (mostly) had to depend on talent alone to acquire fame decades ago. Adele is an exquisite response to this dwindling faith in present day music and is living proof that pure, unadulterated talent is alive and well.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by teewai27: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2012
stronger:

The Grammies got it right mostly!
2011. . . The Year of Adele!
Adele. . . Time to start focusing on the quality of ur MUSIC not the quality of ur BODY!! smiley
Long live Adele!
yea, she told anderson cooper on 60 minutes dat she would never conform to the media stereotype beauty. She truly is confident with her body. The kind of role models young girls need these days. You can be successful and intellident without exposing ur body and starving urself thin.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by teewai27: 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2012
kinesis:

Kanye did not deserve dat rap/sung collaboration at all. I wuda prefered I'm on one or motivation. Those were much bigger hits
yea , totally agree. I was actually rooting for lupe fiasco, already the show goes on, who doesnt think that song deserves rap song award. Haba.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2012
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2012
ememonl:

Are these celebrities not so nuts.

OMG this pic just made my day. Nicki Minaj is who you anin't f ucking with, this girl is losing it. But I luv the fact that she don't even care. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2012
I pride myself on being a Little Monster, but damn Nicki, that's surpasses Lady Gaga's in the Judas video.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by eruudy(m): 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2012
Here is a link to all the performers for the Grammy award night , Men Nicki don craze oo , Jeniffer Hudson showed why we will always love Whitney Houston ,

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/54th-annual-grammy-awards-performances-and-winners-news.1418.html
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by teewai27: 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2012
SimonAndal:

I pride myself on being a Little Monster, but damn Nicki, that's surpasses Lady Gaga's in the Judas video.
lol. Gaga seemed really sober truout d nite. She even held hands with the big black dude next to her during llcool jay's opening prayer. She is a lonely soul.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by teewai27: 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2012
Oh yeah , cold play's performance of paradise was beyond perfect. Maybe cos i have a crush on the lead singer.lol. Para para paradise, ooh ohhh
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by kizito96(m): 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2012
Adele was the synosure of all eyes
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by obinna5000(m): 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2012
54th GRAMMY AWARDS winners list:

Album of the Year: “21,” Adele

Record of the Year: “Rolling in the Deep,” Adele

Song of the Year: “Rolling in the Deep,” Adele Adkins & Paul Epworth

New Artist: Bon Iver

R&B Album: “F.A.M.E.,” Chris Brown

R&B Song: “Fool For You,” Cee Lo Green, Melanie Hallim & Jack Splash

R&B Performance: “Is This Love,” Corrine Bailey Rae

Traditional R&B Vocal Performance: “Fool For You,” Cee Lo Green & Melanie Fiona

Rap Album: “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy,” Kanye West

Rap Performance: “Otis,” Jay-Z and Kanye West

Rap Song: “All of the Lights,” Jeff Bhasker, Stacy Ferguson, Malik Jones, Warren Trotter & Kanye West

Rap/Sung Collaboration: “All of the Lights,” Kanye West, Rihanna, Kid Cudi & Fergie

Compilation Soundtrack Album For Visual Media: “Boardwalk Empire,” various artists

Score Soundtrack Album For Visual Media: “The King’s Speech,” Alexandre Desplat

Song Written For Visual Media: “I See the Light,” Alan Menken & Glenn Slater (Tangled)

Dance Recording: “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites,” Skrillex

Dance/Electronica Album: “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites,” Skrillex

Pop Solo Performance: “Someone Like You,” Adele

Pop Performance by a Duo or Group: “Body and Soul,” Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse

Pop Vocal Album: “21,” Adele

Alternative Album: “Bon Iver,” Bon Iver

Rock Song: “Walk,” Foo Fighters

Rock Album: “Wasting Light,” Foo Fighters

Rock Performance: “Walk,” Foo Fighters

Hard Rock/Metal Performance: “White Limo,” Foo Fighters

Producer of the Year, Non-Classical: Paul Epworth

for full list of winners, go to http://www.grammy.com/nominees
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by Akiika: 5:05pm On Feb 13, 2012
Boring!!!
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by vescucci(m): 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2012
I'm glad for Adele but I'd have staked all my belongings if I could have found a dumb enough bookie. So, I'm not surprised. Same for Bon Iver. Loved their album. The rest went either the way I expected or I don't care about the categtory. The only beef I have is Lupe not winning for best album. That Kanye album have some great songs but I tired of the album after a while jare. Watch The Throne is better to me sef.

Lupe, another time mate.
Re: The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 by efosanice: 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2012
For those of you saying kanye west didn't deserve the award for all of the lights, you obviously don,t know good music. I knew that song was going to win rap sung collaboration when I first heard it. The lyrics are short and powerful, the instrumentation is purely genius.i was not surprised when it was nominated for even song of the year. Quality is what the grammies are all about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

D'banj - BACHELOR [audio + Video] / The Best Of Naija Mix (5mb In Size, 50 Mins Long) Download And Enjoy! / Gbenga Adeboye Comedy Skit!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.