Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Bianca: How I Broke The News Of Husband To My Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca: How I Broke The News Of Husband To My Children (741 Views)

Court Reads Ojukwu's Will, Bianca Gets Lion Share / Ojukwu's Eldest Son Sues Bianca & Other Family Members / Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca: How I Broke The News Of Husband To My Children by victorazy(m): 8:11am On Feb 13, 2012
Widow of the late Igbo leader, Barrister (Mrs.) Bianca Ojukwu at the weekend, confessed that breaking the news of her husband’s death to her children was one of the most difficult challenges she faced since the demise of the ex-Biafra leader. Bianca made the revelation when she received the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabi, who paid her a condolence visit at the Ojukwu’s Enugu residence.

Said she: “When I had the unfortunate task of breaking the sad news to my children particularly to my sons, I really had to draw from Governor Akpabio’s example to make it easier for them. I said to my sons, you know God makes it so that sometimes it is only people who are strong who grow up without their fathers.

“God knows you will be able to cope and that is why you are losing your father at this age. Somebody once said that his mother told him that strong people generally grow up without fathers; his Excellency here is an example. I must say that it offered them some degree of comfort; whether it’s actually valid or not, but I must say that it made my task much easier that unfortunate morning.

“I must add that he has a similar quality with my late husband which is an inner fortitude to achieve greatness despite seeming insurmountable odds. This is coupled with a certain belief that to be a good leader, you must be sensitive to the pains and anguish of your people and the determination to strive and make their lives better; to add meaning to their existence because in the final analysis this is the only way that such a leader can be enshrined in the hearts and minds of the people that he seeks to govern.

On behalf of the Ojukwu family and National burial committee, Bianca thanked the governor for finding time to condole with the family and for his enthusiasm and support to the burial. Earlier Governor Akpabio who said his visit was on behalf of the government and people of Akwa Ibom State, urged Bianca to always bear in mind that she is not alone in feeling the void created by the departure of her late husband.

“Ojukwu happens to be one of those Nigerians who even in the next 100 years will not need an introduction; he was an icon, a crusader for justice. As governor of the then Eastern Region Akwa Ibom happened to be one of his territories, thus when this happened we felt need to send representations and also attend the planning committee for the burial and also to take part in the final burial rites.

“The issues he fought for during the civil war are now replaying itself so I believe he was a man who saw tomorrow. I just pray that Nigeria will see the need to go back and study all the comments, views, feelings, all his frustrations and then use that to assess the current situation so that we can have peace in this country. “There is no doubt that even wars are fought to have peace and if we can dialogue without war and achieve peace I believe that will be the best for this country.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/feb/13/national-13-02-2012-005.html
Re: Bianca: How I Broke The News Of Husband To My Children by 9jaIhail(m): 8:32am On Feb 13, 2012
victorazy:

Widow of the late Igbo leader, Barrister (Mrs.) Bianca Ojukwu at the weekend, confessed that breaking the news of her husband’s death to her children was one of the most difficult challenges she faced since the demise of the ex-Biafra leader. Bianca made the revelation when she received the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabi, who paid her a condolence visit at the Ojukwu’s Enugu residence.

Said she: “When I had the unfortunate task of breaking the sad news to my children particularly to my sons, I really had to draw from Governor Akpabio’s example to make it easier for them. I said to my sons, you know God makes it so that sometimes it is only people who are strong who grow up without their fathers.

“God knows you will be able to cope and that is why you are losing your father at this age. Somebody once said that his mother told him that strong people generally grow up without fathers; his Excellency here is an example. I must say that it offered them some degree of comfort; whether it’s actually valid or not, but I must say that it made my task much easier that unfortunate morning.

“I must add that he has a similar quality with my late husband which is an inner fortitude to achieve greatness despite seeming insurmountable odds. This is coupled with a certain belief that to be a good leader, you must be sensitive to the pains and anguish of your people and the determination to strive and make their lives better; to add meaning to their existence because in the final analysis this is the only way that such a leader can be enshrined in the hearts and minds of the people that he seeks to govern.

On behalf of the Ojukwu family and National burial committee, Bianca thanked the governor for finding time to condole with the family and for his enthusiasm and support to the burial. Earlier Governor Akpabio who said his visit was on behalf of the government and people of Akwa Ibom State, urged Bianca to always bear in mind that she is not alone in feeling the void created by the departure of her late husband.

Ojukwu happens to be one of those Nigerians who even in the next 100 years will not need an introduction; he was an icon, a crusader for justice. As governor of the then Eastern Region Akwa Ibom happened to be one of his territories, thus when this happened we felt need to send representations and also attend the planning committee for the burial and also to take part in the final burial rites.

The issues he fought for during the civil war are now replaying itself so I believe he was a man who saw tomorrow. I just pray that Nigeria will see the need to go back and study all the comments, views, feelings, all his frustrations and then use that to assess the current situation so that we can have peace in this country. “There is no doubt that even wars are fought to have peace and if we can dialogue without war and achieve peace I believe that will be the best for this country.”

The bolded statement has spoken it all.
Re: Bianca: How I Broke The News Of Husband To My Children by Jeel: 8:33am On Feb 13, 2012
Wise mother
Re: Bianca: How I Broke The News Of Husband To My Children by pinkymami(f): 8:44am On Feb 13, 2012
She handled it well,good choice of words.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rochas Visists Secondary Schools / What Is The Borderline Between Tribalism And Apologist? / Sapele Town Produces 225 Mega Watts To National Grid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.