Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Schooling In Cyprus For International Students - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schooling In Cyprus For International Students (8688 Views)

Turkey Or Cyprus For Study And Work? / North Cyprus / Nigerians Living In Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Schooling In Cyprus For International Students by blissbay(m): 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
Can someone tell me the probability of an international student coping in Cyprus Universities. What I mean is, Is Cyprus a good place to manage life? Working and studying like other European Countries
Re: Schooling In Cyprus For International Students by tmed1(m): 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2012
blissbay:

Can someone tell me the probability of an international student coping in Cyprus Universities. What I mean is, Is Cyprus a good place to manage life? Working and studying like other European Countries
Cyprus,if u are not aware, is polarized into two part-the north and the south.More so, It is very easy to manage life in the north compared to the south.This is becos d south is part of Europe-they make use of euros and things are thus epensive over there.As regards d north,don't ever have try to get the mentality of WORK AND STUDY over here.(even for THE SOUTH too)this will be explained at the end.Plz, my statement does not imply that U CAN'T GET WORK OOO. but to d best of my knowledge, it will be almost impossible to get a job that can pay ur tuition fees on both side of the island(this does not include illegal jobs.which is not advisable).
4get d idea of those pple on d forum that will tell u life is easier in d south than in d north.It should be noted that skool fees and accommodation in the southern side is highly expensive in relative to d north.so even if u get a job there,it can't pay ur tuition fees.
My mainpoint-if you want to study in d island of cyprus(both north and south).have a stable source of income or a RELIABLE sponsor from home.Lastly,(though not pertinent to ur inquiry)make sure you come out with a good grade too ooo, A 2.1 in nigeria PUBLIC institutions is better than a THIRLD CLASS in d island of Cyprus universities
Regards

1 Like

Re: Schooling In Cyprus For International Students by blissbay(m): 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2012
Thanks T-med, I actually applied to EMU and I learn that I am to pay 50% of my tuition before coming to the country. My question is can I manage to pay off the remaining 50% with a part-time job that I may get there?
Thanks
Re: Schooling In Cyprus For International Students by collinsfbi(m): 9:45am On Feb 24, 2012

I don't think you can cover the remaining 50% with part time job in NC, that is why wip will always advise pple not to travel without regular source of income or reliable sponsor to the North Cyprus. Check the below links and meet with Wip and some other students of EMU for profitable advice.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-351402.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-866003.0.html

Gbammm over and out

(1)

Waec Verification & Scratch Card To Wes / Osun Government Offers Free Train Ride For Easter / Aero Contractors Low Cost Tickets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.