Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up - Dating And Meet-up Zone (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up (7932 Views)

Kayboiiii Would Like To Meet Senior Babes: From 30 To 45 Yrs.call 08134852977 / Kayboiiii Would Like To Meet Senior Babes: From 30 To 45 Yrs.call 08134852977 / Ladies Btw 40 - 45 Yrs : Do They Still Have Any Chance For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 12:46am On Mar 12, 2012
Wow,

Da Vinci, the man was an enigma, deep knowledge of astronomy,anatomy,engineering, literature etc. Other than painting, sculpturing. His complete works have not been fully understood bearing in mind the time he lived in.

For the Flemish brothers, only keen on the " the cross" due to its bright colours. Not keen on the Mary n child as it looks pretty grim n dirty, I suppose.
My interest lies more in Italian renaissance as quite a few works abound. They tend to be more famous too, investiture of the church et al.

Talking bout the Sistine chapel, simply breathtaking, neck aching though just to take it all in, would love to return again. Basilica San Pietra and its grounds is simply amazing. Walking down the large boulevard ( forgotten the name) towards the piazza was such an awesome experience, unforgettable.

Allegri, I'm not familiar with. But will listen to the miserere, though tongue in cheek, I hope its not some chant. I suspect the Mozart version may be better. Wl let u.know.

Talking haute couture, DKNY, Chanel do it for me. Dressed down gorgeous is more my style. Donatella (D&G) is a bit outrageous. Though getting some pieces won't hurt. It's like investing, isn't it. Funny enough, VB is beginning to get me interested though I'm not keen on her personally.

Cutting down to my budget, surprises abound in the least likely of places. Unknown designers wt good dresses.

Wow, u 4 real? 9ja man dey yan all this.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Ivynwa(f): 3:21am On Mar 12, 2012
Oya Doe-eyed and Mr Sauer make una enter bedroom go coo about Da Vinci, e be like say the two of una don find una Da-Vinci-missing-ribs nah.
Abeg make una decorate the wedding hall with all the art works of these masters you are tripping over here grin grin

Ehe-e-e-n which next pair is coupling up? We want to see everybody dey pontificate and jollificate with their companions.
As Oga Tedpgrass say na only people wey tanda for US and UK him prefer for him thread na i m some of us wey no dey live for US or UK dey for window dey peep inside. Abeg laugh Ojare. grin grin
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
Okay, no doubt. Virgin with Child is dirty, grim. . .no probs. Have your way! grin But you know, it's old and had to be restored on discovery. But the good thing is it's an improvement on Eyck's frequent use of "Spalten" in the earlier works like the Ghent altarpiece, for instance. In addition, improved architecture, columns and perspective are added.
Not to forget the german artists of that time too: Durer, baldung and the rest. Durer is more famous for producing a number of talent students.
I'm quite impressed with your knowledge of and passion about renaissance art. Are you by any chance involved with history or historical research as a profession? Do you paint yourself? U know, I sketch and ve tried some ludicrous imitations of my own. Btw, what brought you to the arts? What do you do?

Unfortunately, Allegri's Miserere is a chant, somewhat. But I love chants! Operas too! of course, I like classical music better without words. . .but you can get too much of that and pretty much get saturated with the solo clarinets and trumpet concertos. And the "Ave marias". Which would u prefer? SChubert's or Callicini's without voice? or with Pavarotti aiding consumption? grin
And do you just live in the past!? angry No love for modern artists and modern art schools? You own any art piece? photography?

Haute couture? I only read about that. I tink it's a woman's thing. Am wrong?
Tell me about you, am curious!
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
Ivynwa: Oya Doe-eyed and Mr Sauer make una enter bedroom go coo about Da Vinci, e be like say the two of una don find una Da-Vinci-missing-ribs nah.
Abeg make una decorate the wedding hall with all the art works of these masters you are tripping over here grin grin

Ehe-e-e-n which next pair is coupling up? We want to see everybody dey pontificate and jollificate with their companions.
As Oga Tedpgrass say na only people wey tanda for US and UK him prefer for him thread na i m some of us wey no dey live for US or UK dey for window dey peep inside. Abeg laugh Ojare. grin grin
grin grin grin
Please join in!
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 8:53pm On Mar 12, 2012
[/b][b] undecided undecidedhello,
when u say spalten: do u mean the glue or gum used in the original work (Virgin and child)??

Regarding Durer, didnt know much about him. I suppose thats the Germanic Raphael / Da Vinci as he was into human anatomy,geometry. Will research his works and see if any are of interest.My interest in Renaissance art thrived on works by Da Vinci and his cronies and also visits to old churches, palaces where extensive frescoes are evident.
Simply beautiful.
Been to Sisi's palace, beautiful grounds,interiors, murals all flowing together, such symmetry; Beautiful to behold.
So no its a hobby not a profession. Wouldnt mind having a private gallery one day to feast my eyes on and also unravel some of the secrets behind the paintings.

I like the old masters as their works were deep, could be described as romantic almost like an opera.seamless.

Dali, Picasso, Gaudi and Monet, rather recently sanitized Klimt are my latter artists. A few of their works appeal.Some sculptures by Gaudi and Dali have always caught my eye, some paintings from the other 3 do it. Collecting perfume bottles by some of these artists or their estates is a recent hobby.

Yes I own prints!!!! would love to get the real thing though. do a bit of basic photography, capturing beautiful landscapes in the process; definitely will be included in my collection, someday.

Tchaikovsky and Handel will remain my fav.

will update on my chants, operas though.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2012
I believe you know how much "the real things" cost? well. . .you probably can spare a few million dollars, who knows! grin
Dali is good. But some people, like Sao Schlumberger can be unimpressed with his art though. You know, he did a portrait of her and she thought it was a piece of junk. Sao was the Schlumberger hier's wife. Talk about vanity!
Spalten is a german word for column, called framed panels in the literature. Framed panels in which images are painted. The Van Eycks used it a lot. The ghent altarpiece is a masterpiece on its own, anywayz. Virgin child and chancellor rolin is another van Eyck masterpiece. I just looked it up now, I didn't even know it was he who painted it.
well, so so, Tchaikovsky is good, Handel moreso. But you really need to discover the rather quiet ones, whose works are perhaps just as good. Allegri, Albinoni, Mahler, etc. I can help in this respect, if you want direction, links, etc.
What do you say to talking outside of this thread, outside of nairaland? I'm quite curious about the rare breed behind this handle. But then, it's your call wink
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2012
Cool,

doe-eyed11@.com

Cheerio.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Ivynwa(f): 1:52am On Mar 13, 2012
sauer:
grin grin grin
Please join in!

Nnaa you say make I join in?
Okay make I take style climb in thru the window, I hope say Oga TedPgrass no go chase me away with a broom when he arrives
as I no follow live for Eliza's place and Obama's place. grin grin

Abeg have fun with your mind rubbing Ojare. Thanks
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 8:07am On Mar 13, 2012
Hey, welcome on board, Ivy. Sure Ted won't mind u being on board.

What r u thots on renaissance art??
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by ADICTIVEPET(m): 8:06pm On Mar 13, 2012
I'm not in the age range but love to mingle with mature adult..

letmebeyoupet

adictivepet@yahoo.com
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 13, 2012
Is Ivynwa an art freak like doe-eyed? grin I hope so.
doe, i sent u a mail! wink
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2012
^^^^^^^^,d'accord.

Ivy, where u dey? U use cunning enter room through window behind Ted's back, now u NO wan talk.

Dali sculptures are interesting but his style may not necessarily appeal to someone requiring a brushed-up self portrait as was the case, more a caricature!!!. 2ndly, maybe he just got on Soa's nerves. He was quite an oddball, u know. Thrown out by his father, his king, the Spanish art master on his possible pro-Hitler sympathies at different times of his life.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 13, 2012
anywyz, she get mind and money sha! Women will always be women grin
What do you think of the women liberation movement? Are you in favour of independence for women?
Sao probably was and it was in this spirit she ridiculed Dali. She tough, man!
Anywyz, talking about freedom. French impressionistic painting was also to an extent about freedom. Monet, Manet, Degus, etc. The boundless flight they took in their expression of feeling, of form and lines. Impressive!
Do you think impressionism was an improvement on renaissance art?
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hmm, where do I start.
Impressionism reveals the artists interpretations of a scene or portrait with interplay of varying shades of light. Plein d'air style. Almost of landscapes. A snapshot not a story.

I feel there is more attention to detail in Renaissance art, the interplay of light and varying degrees of shadows give rise to different interpretations. There is fluidity, like a story being told: an opera in images. Therefore, more thought provoking. Eg the Mona Lisa, is she smiling, smirking or simply grinning: simply don't know.

Quite independent,but no feminist. Love to have the door opened for me, meals paid, ( no going dutch in my books : ), spoilt n cherished. That's why I'm a chick.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2012
hmmm...am surprised. You didn't appear like that to me. I would have expected some feminist who would open her door, have no problem paying her lunch and probably spoil herself. You appear intelligent enough!
what do you tink of feminists?
Good analysis. But u didn't answer the question. Is impressionism an improvement on renaissance paintings? would you consider Monet's paintings superior to Titian, as you would perhaps consider Einstein's laws superior to Newton's?
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 11:56pm On Mar 13, 2012
It's relative. I prefer Renaissance cos of the reasons listed above. I'ld like to look at a picture and want to delve in a bit more. Don't get that wt impressionism, maybe a bit in abstract art: ? Cubism.

An improvement, I wait to be convinced,
an alternative for sore eyes, yes.

U r really funny. Smart chick = feminist chick.
Can pay my way, but sure feels better when its being paid for out of a heart of love. Not some trade by barter, going by some NL rants n hard-done-by tales.

Newton vs Einstein, no mathematician. Can't say. But thought his law on speed of light was recently debunked. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2012
No, it wasn't debunked. The scientists later found they were wrong. I doubt if his laws will be debunked though. . . .maybe improved? Yes. But debunked? No! Even Newton's were merely improved, not outrightly debunked.
Yea, you do sound like a renaissance chick, not am impressive one grin Excuse me, that was lapsus calami, slip of finger!
But if i were asked, I do prefer impressionist paintings. I like their blurry of colour, their disappearance of line, their rebellion against all that was standard and normal. It's kinda comforting.
well, maybe u not a feminist cos of your religious orientation. But look at it! U like renaissance art, u are captured by historical architecture and modern painting, u live in France. . . .yet you pursue ur own vocation. You are almost a liberated woman to me grin
Hmmm. . . .cubism. Picasso? I must have read a few things about that already. Am coming. . .lemme check wikipedia!
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2012
Point of correction, I'm an impressive chick maybe not heavily into
Impressionism.
Hey, its similar to taking a picture snap with blurred details.
For a painter, that's sure lazy.

Renaissance, those guys knew their anatomy, ??seen those muscles, sinews, ligaments
individually brought to life. Now that's hard work.
2ndly, most of their pictures were stories being told: simply lyrical.

With Gaudi, Picasso: there is an invitation to be enthralled and decipher the
hidden secrets n alternative meanings.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 17, 2012
doe-eyed:
Point of correction, I'm an impressive chick maybe not heavily into
Impressionism.
grin okay, I go manage believe that one!
Talking about paintings telling deep stories, I'd go with impressionism. Superficial stories? Renaissance, definitely. Somehow, painting was at its beginning then, when man saw the need to be overly expressive and detailed. Thinking the truth was in details.
The reverse is what impressionism showed. The truth is not necessarily detailed. Cubism and Picassoism took this reverse to the extreme, hiding details in a cluster of images.
Oh my, painting is kinda interesting. You just awoke my interest!
Talking about architecture. How come architecture all over Europe is so similar, even to this day? Granted, they all took their influences from western civilization, but why didn't continual differences in language dictate differences in style and architecture?
And Nigeria! why don't we attempt to model our architectural buildings after our natural environment and inheritances? Older african structures of huts and sheds had warmer interiors. Today, it's just all different! what do you think?
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by brown3: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2012
any interested lady out there can hook me up on victorbrown3@yahoo.com.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 5:58pm On Mar 18, 2012
My humble guess will be due to the rapid expansion of the Habsburg empire, a lot of Prussian influence is seen in some parts of Eastern Europe to mid Europe. Following the Danube course, various palaces ( visual representative of the ruling power ) exhibiting these influences exist.

Another reason may be royal families of Europe being pretty much intermarried, were heavy into their buildings, a show of imperialism and power. So its reasonable for cousin Wilhelm to be keen to build a palatial summer home with designs copied from Cousin Louis XIV.

The church had a huge investiture in the art, indirectly in the prevalence and spread of European architecture. Some other theories exist around the offering of services by the Templars, once the Crusader wars had stopped.

The African problem has been largely due to lack of records or data. We preferred oratory transfer rather than sustainable written literature. 2ly due to lack of a huge monarchy , maybe in part due to the topography and other factors, no overwhelming power ruled large parts of Africa for long periods other than the Zulu with considerable geopolitical influence. 3rdly, what remained from generations of oratory transfer which often was contaminated was eroded effectively with colonialism, following numerous inter-clan or inter-tribal wars.

Eroding the pride in the sustenance of time, climate -tested innovations and the will to perpetuate their existence. As most of the oratory content was descriptive rather than analytic, the theories were often rubbished, leading to further loss.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
^^that's actually quite a nice summary of probable reasons.
I don't much agree with the Africa part though. We still see some of these buildings today, even observe how well they seem to endure the hot African weather, while providing comfort for their inhabitants. Shouldn't it be a practical matter when choosing what style to adopt in construction? Except, we have just been blinded. I thnk we are just yet to find a daring, unconventional architect. . . . undecided
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by coderXO(m): 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2012
who else thinks doe-eyed and sauer need to get room?
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by peachie(f): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2012
smiley
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 12:10am On Mar 27, 2012
Hey chaps, its an open discussion.
No room needed.
Let's talk bout ur opinions on European, African art etc.

Come 1 come all.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 27, 2012
^^seconded! wink
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 10:12am On Mar 31, 2012
Whr r the contributors
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by emofine2(f): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2012
Excuse me for my poor punctuality grin

Let’s fast forward the era a bit. Doe-eyed what is your opinion on contemporary art?

And what do you think/know of African art?
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
Hey emofine,
No worries re lateness.

I have to say that my knowledge of African art is limited to the widely publicized Ife, Nupe, Benin bronze mask.
In recent times, there haven't been any intrinsic art group or movement, I think...but stand to be corrected.
What seems to be more prevalent is the art of Africanized Europeans in the Senegambia,
and thanks to the struggle from Apartheid, along the Southern African subcontinent, (consistently) on the international platform.

What seems to be more popular is our oratory traditions, be it the singers from Mali... forgotten his name,
Folklore poetry n re-enactments of ancient worship as seen by the Yemoja priestess ( incidentally the chief priestess is not Nigerian) in Ife.

Springing forward to modern day authors....Soyinka, Saro-Wiwa, Clarke, Adichie, authors from Kenya n Ghana,.....

As mentioned before, our art has not flourished due to a multitude of issues leading to poor appreciation and hence poor patronage n funding.

What do u think??
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by emofine2(f): 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2012
I have to say that my knowledge of African art is limited to the widely publicized Ife, Nupe, Benin bronze mask.

Likewise. But like you said poor patronage and appreciation although I’m confident that will change. However there are some well-known African artists in the Diaspora.
I do try to scan for old and fresh work from the continent though and I must say that the stone carvings/sculptures of Zimbabwe are simply amazing cheesy Fantastic even cheesy Breath-taking cheesy

Soon I intend to visit an exhibition displaying those famous jazzy Ghanaian coffins grin

Last year or so I attended an exhibition featuring some works from Ile ife and Bini, surprisingly they were pretty small in scale or at least smaller than what I thought they’ll be. Even though I was ecstatic to finally see these works up close I was slightly conflicted because beforehand I watched a mini documentary about the kingdom of Bini and the current Oba uttered something that would now always affect the way I will regard the work of Bini or other African art in captivity for that matter. He said that those pieces were not meant to be displayed in galleries but posed as an album in the absence of any photographic apparatus and having them taken away is like missing chapters in their history book.

I now wonder about the function of many of these art and not just African art.

It’s interesting though. Those works along with Ile Ife had a profound effect on the Europeans even the art world, Picasso for one. The sculptures from Ile Ife were even compared with the works of Italian sculptor Donatella although they knew of casting first before the Europeans.

. . .Hhmm naturalism they say is the highest point in civilization.

But sometimes I think about African art particularly the ancient and how some of it is viewed in Africa or by Africans and I’m alarmed. I don’t understand where the lack of appreciation or indifference comes from. . .religion, superstition? Hmmm undecided

From your writings I see you’re a fan of renaissance art and you have quite beautifully dissected the style and effect. But what are your thoughts regarding the ideas and philosophy behind this art? And their usual theme?

I’m also keen on hearing what you think of contemporary art particularly British contemporary art.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by steve13(m): 1:18am On Apr 13, 2012
Some people re trying to Kill this nice thread with their art Rubbish,why not discuss that act on ur private email or phone? Disgusting!
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 13, 2012
^^shut up, nuisance philistine! How could anyone not appreciate the beauty of arts!? Oh my!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ijogz K Officially Divorces Freecocoa: What Next? / A Lady In Search Of A Serious Man / Naija Dating Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.