Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (35359 Views)

Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands / Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by juleze(f): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2012
queensmith:
This is your truth not mine- I'm not religious.
So long story short, op should read the bible and the quaran to accept, but not actually justify that it is her duty in this God given world to stress and suffer while her husband puts his feet up as the Lord your God has intended it to be. All things not being equal women should be subject to slavery.
Kinda makes me wonder what the incentive is for being religious. It's not like religious men have good qualities compared to non- religous ones.

I beg to disagree.
A man who is TRULY following the bible would help his wife.
The man's role, according to the bible, is tougher than the woman's being that he was instructed to love his wife the way Christ loved the Church, and sacrificed His life for it. Christ served the church by loving her so much that He gave His life up.

The man's role is to ensure his wife isn't made uncomfortable even if he has to give up his personal comfort to ensure this.

For the woman not abuse this privilege, she was admonished to submit to her husband, in the hope that he loves her more than he loves himself. But trust those Nigerian men who attend church to warm the benches, or who are hopelessly selfish to quote only "wives submit into your husbands" without getting an indepth understanding of their major duty.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by shezy(f): 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2012
my dear i feel u, is not really easy to be a married woman as well a career woman .
i found myself in d same shoes and am also thinking otherwise But u dont really need to complain since there
are no kids yet.if ur husband is d type dat assist at home den it can at least work out and also try to plan ur schedule,
get a food time-table for d week (morning and night)prepare and store ur soup in d refrigerator for d week and wash ur cloth daily
before ur night bath.Try dis, i believe it will work out'
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Tobiegal(f): 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
This topic just cracks mi up! Ofcourse nothing good comes easy.
I work in a Bank, n so does ma hubby!
Besides, am someone da does not believe in 'house-helps'...not with all d stories u hear from day to day (I no fit shout). But, wot I can't do maself, I pay for.
I do ma cleaning every weekend...bt, 2 mthly, I get someone to do d general cleaning... I ave a wash-person as well... Though I do d little I can during d week. Bt by Sat. She does d rest.
Don't believe in frozen food/stew, bt ma pepper is eva ready for anytin. So I make quick meals...
I wake up 4.30am daily, cos I ave to prepare ma boy for creche.
So, tecnically, we all move in n out togeda. All 3of us. And its works very well.
Hubby is also very understanding, n helpful around d house. So, am not so complied to anythin I don't ave strength for, especially after work.
So, dats it for mi n ma household!
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 3:28pm On May 02, 2012
juleze:
Same way a man is lazy if he comes back from work earlier or same time with his wife and can't cook or clean up.
Rubbish!
Most Nigerian men only know how to say "I'm a man", yet they are butt lazy.
Where's your conscience when you expect your wife to contribute financially, while you wouldn't make things easier for BOTH of you by cookin, washing or cleaning?
Kudos to the men who aren't like this.

Well said!

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 4:10pm On May 02, 2012
Sagamite:

Well said!

Sagamilo....where have you been? smiley smiley welcome back.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On May 02, 2012
ronkebp:
Sagamilo....where have you been? smiley smiley welcome back.

Thank you jare.

The Child Support Agency was looking for me again ni o for 15 different cases. I had to go underground for a while.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 5:47pm On May 02, 2012
Sagamite:

Thank you jare.

The Child Support Agency was looking for me again ni o for 15 different cases. I had to go underground for a while.

Infact, it shows you are a strong man....i support you jare, let me know if you need more women to test your abinibis' on. grin grin grin
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 02, 2012
Saga-AMUuuuuuuuuuuuuu kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by bonen(f): 6:11pm On May 02, 2012
@mutter you are those judgmental women that cause problems for other people...madam correct home training, most people that talk like u usually come from broken homes and front for others to derive pleasure u really have issue'!!

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 6:56am On May 03, 2012
ronkebp:
Infact, it shows you are a strong man....i support you jare, let me know if you need more women to test your abinibis' on. grin grin grin

Thank you jare.

Like if we agree make dem born. Useless women unilaterally go get belle for me and dem expect me to cough up. They are so selfish.

Dem think say I am ready to share my stored bags of garri.

jennykadry: Saga-AMUuuuuuuuuuuuuu kiss kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 9:37am On May 11, 2012
juleze:

I beg to disagree.
A man who is TRULY following the bible would help his wife.
The man's role, according to the bible, is tougher than the woman's being that he was instructed to love his wife the way Christ loved the Church, and sacrificed His life for it. Christ served the church by loving her so much that He gave His life up.

The man's role is to ensure his wife isn't made uncomfortable even if he has to give up his personal comfort to ensure this.

For the woman not abuse this privilege, she was admonished to submit to her husband, in the hope that he loves her more than he loves himself. But trust those Nigerian men who attend church to warm the benches, or who are hopelessly selfish to quote only "wives submit into your husbands" without getting an indepth understanding of their major duty.

I was only responding to what Ninapha said. Apparently its a justification to state 'well the bible says so' as a reason to a man not doing any chores. The Christian sentiments do not help anybody. *eye roll*

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by yollychika(f): 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
hbabe:

I am based in Lagos, I resume 8am and close officially at 5pm but don't get to leave the office till 6.30pm. No kids yet.

I have tried that but it is still stressful.
E b like say u lazy then, if u refrigerate ur soups n stews n u still stressed to cook....get a nanny den....an elderly woman oooo
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by gcsllc: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2015
Struggling with Work and life balance?

Domestica is a professional agency dedicated to helping you find and employ domestic helps most suited to your identified needs. With our long years of experience, we understand what you are looking for in domestic aides and provide placements for: Maids, Nannies, Cooks, Cleaners, Gardeners, Drivers, Stewards, Washers & Cleaners, and other domestic aides- under both live-in and commute arrangements.

Why Use Domestica?
1. We are Nigeria’s number 1 and largest provider of domestic helps.
2. All domestic helps are trained before placement
3. All domestic helps undergo criminal and health screening
4. We provide monthly continuous assessments, feedback and monitoring
5. Our prices are affordable and designed to fit different budgets
6. We provide a one-month guarantee and replacement of domestic helps at no extra cost to client
7. We offer clients a lineup of domestic helps to enable them make unhindered choices
8. We are attentive to our clients needs before making recommendations and placements
9. Clients receive free continuous support and monthly newsletters providing them important advice and tips
10. The peace of mind, convenience, affordability, availability and clients’ satisfaction remain our objectives.

We are happy to place the best domestic helps according to your need. Please contact us on 0908-442-5422, Email- info[at]domesticanigeria.com [/b]OR visit [b]www.domesticanigeria.com and we will get right back to us within 24hours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / Nonuplets: Halima Cisse, Malian Woman Gives Birth To Nine Babies In Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.