Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (35347 Views)

Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands / Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 2:02pm On Feb 15, 2012
jennykadry:

LMAO it is confirmed ,Saga is crazy grin

I admit, I have issues.  grin

Missy_B:

All thanks to me . . .Shows I've been doing a perfect work on him.  cool

You are good in both. Bedmatics and cooking.

I see the magic you do in the cooking section.

Sweetie, you will have to do it all o. You are not allowed to work. angry
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Shinor(m): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2012
From Outstrip
I don't subscribe to spending the whole weekend in the kitchen either but it really should not be this complicated.  If you get back from work at about 8pm everyday then your husband really should be part of this process. What in the world are you guys going to do when the babies start coming. Sometimes I wonder how my husband and I survived the first couple of years but looking back now I realized that we ran the home like a freaking military operation. Everything was planned in advance for everything to run smoothly but we did it all together.

That's the foundation. Plan everything.
Following that, your husband must ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE in running the house.
I cook, and get my my 2 kids aged 3 and 7 ready for school and drop them off. That is my own daily contribution as my wife's office is 2 hours away from home, On days when we are both tired we eat take away BUT NOT ALWAYS. I didn't come to London to help chinko buy his house cash down. I also do the weeks ironing in advance.
Perhaps washing machine and dishwasher might help you. Me I no get dishwasher? What will baba Ijebu do with dishwasher? If not that the water can be bitterly cold I would still be washing my clothes by hand ( just teasing)

Adopt these and you should be fine.
Speaking from 10 years experience Lol lol

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Dyt(f): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
VANITY

Single ladies, carry yourself with dignity, don't let anyman think he did you a favour by marrying you. Just pray when you are looking for a hubby that God should please give you a good, responsible man but most importantly someone that is your best friend and has a conscience

bless u 4 dis statement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
Enough of men testing women during courtship. I am advising every single lady to make sure their fiancés pass cooking tests before you say "yea" to him. Make sure you watch him cook from the scratch and produce a fantastic dish at the end. Watch the way he cuts his onions, atarodo and tatashe grin. But please don't say yes to a man that eats more than 3 pieces of meat whilst cooking, not a good husband material grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Baawaa(m): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2012
I can now see why ladies are searching and searching and found not grin grin Because majority of you are lazy
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Oxone(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Speak to your husband ASAP.

If you are starting work at 8am and finishing at 6.30pm, it is unreasonable to expect you to cook or even do major childcare task after work.

You should both sit down together and see if you can hire some to do the cooking. Even if it is someone that will come in for 2 hours a day Monday to Friday to cook you guys dinner and get paid anything from N200 - N1000 per day.

I bet there are thousands of people in Nigeria that will bite your hands off to do it and be employed. Maybe even University or Polytechnic students that need to supplement their schooling funds.

If you work that much, you should only cook in the weekend or on special occasions.

Sit him down and talk to him reasonably.

u took the words right off my mouth.

The word Slavery comes to mind while reading this!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sagamite:

You think I want a worn out wife?

My hubby says the same thing. Some Nigerian men will make thier wives age from cokking, cleaning child birth, contraceptives, school runs, etc. She is busy forming superwoman and virtous woman while they get someone to keep them young, virile and alive. You want a sexy, attractive and happy wife then learn to share in the work or at least pay someone to help her out. Learn to enjoy the company of madam, Have a weekly date, just you and her, a movie night, one for u and madam and one for the whole family, game day at least twice a month, keep each other happy and comfortable instead of spending all your free time " hanging with the boys" drinking beer or being with some over bleached, over made up fake brazillian hair wearing money drainer.
Happy wife, happy home, sexy wife sexy home, stressed up wife stressed up home

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2012
vanitty:

It is absolutely impossible for a "career woman" do to ALL the chores around the house, cook etc and not resentful towards her other half. After a while, regardless of how "superwomaing" you are, you start to feel cheated and then that is where the problem starts

Imagine, so we both leave the house at 7am, come back home at 8pm and you still expect me to do ALL the chores, cooking while you do what exactly?? and you will use your mouth to eat the food I slaved over while you were watching TV or doing whatever you were doing.

Well said.

My mother merely worked 9-5 but she did not have to do any cooking stuff. My papa made us cook ourselves from the age of 10. The man was like Cook your own meals and even his, despite the fact that we had older relatives in the house most times.

But as the gangster and rebel of the house, I still always escape it. My brother as the nice sheep also liked me so much he would cook my meals while cooking for my dad (who came home everyday for lunch and to make sure we were doing our school work especially maths).

I remember my Mum always laughing that I was a spoiled brat when my brother used to make my meals. I even started asking him "where is my food" when hungry. The guy was just nice to me, he also covered my tracks when I left the house to go and play. grin

That said, I can cook o. I did it in boarding school when breaking rules & cooking illegally in the school complex and when I got to the UK. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2012
Baawaa:

I can now see why ladies are searching and searching and found not grin grin Because majority of you are lazy
Poor you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by sleekman(m): 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2012
Alright, I didn't want to reply but then again I'll like a bit of controversy here. If you like yourself madam u better work on yourself and leave your husband out of it. The best you can tell your husband is to help you get a washing machine, vacuum cleaner and anything that will make the job easier as well as reduce the domestic work period.
If my wife tells me to do any domestic chores then she's hit Olumo rock. I wonder why men are becoming puccis nowadays that they can't put their foot down. Being a man I can cook 5 different kinds of soups and stew that will last for a week to two in 3hrs, that's with a gas stove. Why would you spend a whole day cooking? Didn't you practice cooking before getting married abi Mr Biggs and Sweet sensation was the order of the day?  How sluggish can you get? I wouldn't be surprised if ure having problems at work for being slow. These days the dicing of leaves as well as grinding of ingredients for food can be done in the market. Yeah I'm a man and when I get home I expect my food. One good thing about me is I can warm things on my own when I get back but don't expect to be domestic woman. U wan start 3rd world war abi? I'm not so picky but if I feel the cooking isn't good enough I just enter the kitchen and prepare something and with that make an effective statement.
Must d house be swept everyday? Put some policies in place and u wouldn't need to repeatedly do stuff. For instance if you have a policy that the bathtub and toilet seat should look the way they were when you entered then you shouldn't have any problems.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2012
By the way, my brother is lazy now. A live-in child nanny and wife that do all his cooking. Wife is only backup as she works.

He only does child-care when the nanny is away, sharing it with wife.

I just go there and leave with bowls of food anytime I visit. grin

Shinor:

I didn't come to London to help chinko buy his house cash down.

LMAO!

Shinor:

If not that the water can be bitterly cold I would still be washing my clothes by hand ( just teasing)

I tried that shyt last year as part of my rebellion against modern technology (some NLers know I refuse to use SATNAV and still use AtoZ till today), but I got bored and started using my washing machine again. grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Dyt(f): 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
d men r spkn
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2012
jennykadry:

Enough of men testing women during courtship. I am advising every single lady to make sure their fiancés pass cooking tests before you say "yea" to him. Make sure you watch him cook from the scratch and produce a fantastic dish at the end. Watch the way he cuts his onions, atarodo and tatashe grin. But please don't say yes to a man that eats more than 3 pieces of meat whilst cooking, not a good husband material grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

debrief08:

My hubby says the same thing. Some Nigerian men will make thier wives age from cokking, cleaning child birth, contraceptives, school runs, etc. She is busy forming superwoman and virtous woman while they get someone to keep them young, virile and alive. You want a sexy, attractive and happy wife then learn to share in the work or at least pay someone to help her out. Learn to enjoy the company of madam, Have a weekly date, just you and her, a movie night, one for u and madam and one for the whole family, game day at least twice a month, keep each other happy and comfortable instead of spending all your free time " hanging with the boys" drinking beer or being with some over bleached, over made up fake brazillian hair wearing money drainer.
Happy wife, happy home, sexy wife sexy home, stressed up wife stressed up home

It is like getting myself a nice red Ferrari and spinning my wheels everyday, struggling for road with danfo drivers everday, driving it in pot-holes everyday. Do you know how it would look in 5 years? Do you know how much it will take to restore it?

If I use her like that, do you know how much it will cost me for [i]b[/i]oob job, face injections for wrinkles, tummy tuck etc?

No, thank you. I will pay the N200 a day and keep my valued possession protected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by r231(m): 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sagamite:

By the way, my brother is lazy now. A live-in child nanny and wife that do all his cooking.

He only does child-care when the nanny is away.

I just go there and leave with bowls of food anytime I visit. grin

LMAO!

I tried that shyt last year as part of my rebellion against modern technology (some NLers know I refuse to use SATNAV and still use AtoZ till today), but I got bored and started using my washing machine again. grin grin grin grin

wash cloth with hand ke grin grin

bros that one no easy o grin grin
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sagamite:

It is like getting myself a nice red Ferrari and spinning my wheels everyday, struggling for road with danfo drivers everday, driving it in pot-holes everyday. Do you know how it would look in 5 years? Do you know how much it will take to restore it?

If I use her like that, do you know how much it will cost me for [i]b[/i]oob job, face injections for wrinkles, tummy tuck etc?

No, thank you. I will pay the N200 a day and keep my valued possession protected.
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i like you jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Guilty are you? grin
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by snthesis(m): 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
next, they wud want us to breastfeed the Babies angry angry angry
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Dyt(f): 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^ s dat ur best?
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2012
snthesis:

next,  they wud want us to breastfeed the Babies angry angry angry

You can bottle feed them, you know bosom milk is yummy Right? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
r231:

wash cloth with hand ke grin grin

bross that one no easy o grin grin

Bruv, I tried that shyt last year men. grin

I refuse to use satnav, calculators, andriod phones, dishwasher etc because I think it would make people mentally and physically lazy. I remember some NL people I dropped off in out first BBQ meet-up, laughing at me using AtoZ. Them no understand! grin

But the washing of clothes with hand when you wear one clothe item a day and bedding over to wash pass me sha. Washing machine was back up in a month doing what it was made to do. grin grin grin grin grin

jennykadry:

Guilty are you? grin

I for don eat my share before the food is served. grin
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by othenok(f): 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2012
My dear, it ain't easy really but d key is planning. Two things i hate so much are doing d dishes n laundry. The former my hubby took over while d latter was settled after i got myself an auto WM.
I go 2 mile12 mkt once in 3 mths wit hubby. We buy yam (lik 12 4 1;5k) sweet n irish potatos, onions(1k), Tomatoes, ppr n tatshe(bskt u can gt 4 1,2k) raw Ogbono n Egusi (1paint buckt each)
We then move 2 ijora buy 2 ctns of chicken, 1 ctn of croacker. usually share cow wit 3 of my friends so no wahala 4 beef( atleast 20k 4 4-5mths)
Got my hubby 2 get n inverter dedicated only 2 d deep freezers. have every thing der.
House cleaning is every sat.n even my 2yr old pitches in.
Least i 4gt i cook moi-moi every month plus ogi. All dey freezer 2 b warmed wen needed.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2012
You are not a husband material, missy beware
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
jennykadry:

You are not a husband material, missy beware

grin grin grin grin

That is what even got me laughing. Your idiosyncratic assessment basis. grin

Don't worry, Missy will be half the time in the Kitchen, the other half in the bedroom. The only time I will be in the Kitchen is when I go there to stand behind her and my crotch is set in the rigth place teasing. cool
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
snthesis:

next,  they wud want us to breastfeed the Babies angry angry angry
hahaha*vomits*

jennykadry:

lol!

but most men can actually cook they just don't want to?
debrief08:

Na wa oh, I am not a virtous woman be that.
Marriage is not about getting someone to cook and clean its about companioship, most Nigerian men will get a wife to cook clean and care for the kids while they go out and get girlfriends to keep them company. Not good abeg, its a partnership built on Christs sacrifical love and not selfishness where one party sits drinking beer while the other slaves away
u minding? Next the bible thumpers will be telling me i need to wash his feet with my hair like Mary Magdalene.
I cannot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by jaybee3(m): 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2012
Isn't it even very wrong to be eating dinner after 8pm or there about?
Make the man go siddon abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin

That is what even got me laughing. Your idiosyncratic assessment basis. grin

Don't worry, Missy will be half the time in the Kitchen, the other half in the bedroom. The only time I will be in the Kitchen is when I go there to stand behind her and my crotch is set in the rigth place teasing. cool

My post is based on research. grin . By the time he is done cooking, we are left with less than 10 pieces of meat. Not a good husband material cheesy.

Ashewo buruku embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ade80: 2:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
snthesis:

next, they wud want us to breastfeed the Babies angry angry angry

that's a good idea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
@queen

Reason why I said you have to watch them cook from scratch. Someone like me can tell who passionately loves cooking and who doesn't Just watch the way they handle the knife, what they are wearing, please don't say yes to a man that wears fancy cloth In the kitchen(shirt and tie, Levi Jean) grin  go for those that wear old shirts and shorts, they re the take home to mama. Avoid those that eat meat and stockfish whilst cooking, you will end up shopping every day to replace the already buried ones in their stomach  angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by sleekman(m): 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sagamite:

My guy you need to come back to Africa and learn. If you require your Ferarri to be all fine and remain new requires maintenance. How do you maintain you ask? By lubrication at nightsmiley and enough rest.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Shinor(m): 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2012
@Sagamite. Let's hook up and do that hand wash deal again.
Remember the guy that was featured in the news who CLAIMED he lived without physical cash and cards?

We too will be on yahoo news lol lol.

Or maybe we should do winter without Jackets as we are against exploitation of child workers in all those factories in the Far East
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
Queensmith, lol@ Mary magdalene, My dear, na me know wetin i see for the hands and advice of them Bible Thumpers: Cook, clean, dont talk, dont breathe be humble, s3x on demand even if you are sick, dont question, suffer and smile, a good wife is a zombie, robot and a intimacy gadget rolled in one, pray and fast, lol I hear am abeg.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
maki:

Before i explain what i go through i want to tell u i have 2 jobs.
1. as a debit control mngr in a logistics company
2. as a fahion designer ( my personal company)

everyday i wake up at about 5:30 get dressed and go to work with my husband and close d same because our offices r in d same area (lekki phase 1).
after beating the traffic back home(onike-yaba) i must prepare dinner for him before i go to my workshop and do some little fashion designing work before going to bed.
i only do my cooking once a month, e.g prepare like 3 different types of stew and 3 different types of soup, then dish them into those little freezer rubber bowls with covers for easy warming, my husband do not like micro wave so i have to warm it with water in a pot, i label them to know excalt which types of stew or soup in dat bowl. so within d week all i do is to either boil, rice,yam, ripe or unripe plantain bake either eba,amala,semovita or poundo or make pasta or anytin that wont take me more than 15-30mins to prepare.
then as for cleaning of the house is only on weekends. i do my house cleaning on saturday after coming back from d gym, sweeping, dusting, removal of cobwebs, washing of d tiolets and bathroom before going into my workshop for my fashion designing through out d weekend.

and all these,i think its making me to lose my mind bit by bit, if i dont get someone to help me soon. it is not easy ONE BIT.

As far as I am concerned, if you are working the same hours, you are doing extra hours on the side as a fashion designer and you have cooked the hard to make meals for freezing in advance, the least he can do is to do the bolded himself. Freaking 10-30 minutes most of which is just to check if it is done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / My First Son Arrived Today, His Name Peter Obi Akpaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.