Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (35349 Views)

Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands / Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by innovestor(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2012
Proper training is nothing to do with your household hobbies? If the world was properly trained according to you we will have no einsteins, no astronauts, no doctors no nurses no lawyers no policemen no soilders no judges. The proof of this is the number of women doing the above jobs being very limited, all because of people like you that believe a womans proper training is in the kitchen.
Proper training is raising your child to be upstanding at home and in the community, giving your child ambitions and making sure he/she can be independant. None of these things are determined from cleaning. Unless of course your raising a maidservant = slave = Mutters example of a properly trained individual.

Just because you love doing house chores doesnt mean everyone does, thats why they are called chores, nobody loves to do it but it has to be done. I wasnt raised to be a housewife- I was raised to become a doctor. I wasnt even required in the kitchen until I went to university, then again cooking isnt rocket science so theres no loss there. I clean up after myself and cook for myself when I'm hungry. I redecorate the house when I'm bored and move the furniture around when I want a change of surroundings. I can go on till tommorow mentioning what I do without your military styled kitchen training. and [b]when I marry I expect nothing to change. When I have kids there' will be two of us, tis not difficult washing extra clothes and changing diapers provided your partner helps.[/b]If both Hbabe and her husband cleaned up after themselves and shared the chores together she won't have a problem. He problem isnt lack of training, her problem is the excessive responsibility. Unless one  is to turn herself into subservant of the year like taryour theres no reason the husband canot take care of himself. Esp if the wife has a career just like him.

Queensmith, I was about to ask if u were married ('cos i doubted it from your post) before i saw the bolded.
I will just wait till you are married before responding to your post. My second guess might be you are not nigerian or don't live in nigeria. I will see which husband who will get married to you and return from work to cook else he will be sleep hungry everyday. I wish u the best in such marriage and u will be lucky u dont turn out to be the first wife of two mates.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Outstrip(f): 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Thank God some of us too are able to go to Obodo Oyinbo and see white people live

Else they would have made us believe whites dont shiit.

Someone asking if white women cook? Then maybe white people dont eat

Contrary to what many people believe, In Texas for example, The real conservative white women are even more domestic than other races.

Actually its the blacks that carry the feminism thing on their head and the worse are those who learn the new concept of feminism without knowing what it entails.

White women cook the food their families eat. They spend hours baking, making all those turkey whatever they eat

As an aside:

Something funny came on TV recently and I remembered some women argument here.

I heard Rick Santorum has 7 children, But if it was a Nigerian man that has 7 kids, Someone would already start saying "Nigerian men turn their wives to baby factories"

How many of them do your know personally. Not just the ones you work with. How many of them have you vacationed with and discussed personal marital issues with. You say all that then turn around and use Rick Santorum's wife as an example. She is a housewife. She can have 7 kids and will still be able to manage. She has no other ambition besides that and that is fine but please don't get it twisted. Just don't get all simple all of a sudden. Stick with it
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2012
Outstrip:

How many of them do your know personally. Not just the ones you work with. How many of them have you vacationed with and discussed personal marital issues with. You say all that then turn around and use Rick Santorum's wife as an example. She is a housewife. She can have 7 kids and will still be able to manage. She has no other ambition besides that and that is fine but please don't get it twisted. Just don't get all simple all of a sudden. Stick with it

How many I know personally, I would say enough. Infact the ones I know are the conservative ones the core whites(that almost border on being racists). I live in the South.

Did you see my quote that the Rick Santorum was an aside, Which means its not related to the working mother -domestic chores issue? Rather it is to contrast how people on here glorify whites as being very different from Blacks

If a Nigerian housewife has 7 kids, I wonder what posters on Nl would call him.  "uncivilised", "Cant keep his stuff in his pants", "worn the woman out", "turned her into a baby factory", " African men only think women are good for baby making"

If a Nigerian man says he doesnt believe in contraceptives, I wonder the type of names he would have been called comparing him to whites,

Comments like : " Thats why Africa is backward" , "A white man cant reason like that", "Its his lack of education or exposure" would be commonplace
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2012
And the same whites that know how to cook, majority of them are full house wives, i hope we agree with that?? cool cool
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by coogar: 8:30pm On Feb 15, 2012
ronkebp:

And the same whites that know how to cook, majority of them are full house wives, i hope we agree with that?? cool cool

not true. . . .
i know a few who work 9-5 and are great cooks. . .
why is it so difficult for some naija women that cooking is a hobby for some white women.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by mutter(f): 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2012
I agree with you dayokanku,  it is sad to see that we still have this inferiority complex when it come to whites, at least some people still do.

It still amazes me why some people have such prejudices about large families. I think it is a personal decision. I have a large family and it really is so wonderful.

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^^^ Having a large family in the western countries we all know is by choice and not like the majority of the  women in Nigeria with no exposure to family planning and proper education of having safe sex. it has nothing to do with inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
coogar:

not true. . . .
i know a few who work 9-5 and are great cooks. . .
why is it so difficult for some naija women that cooking is a hobby for some white women.

Definitely there are some that work and still cook, no one is disputing that, i am talking of whites with PHDs',and other qualifications are sit at home moms, with their husbands bringing home the bacon and still helping out.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by mutter(f): 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
Any career woman that is married is a potential house wife. a time may come when you can no longer cope and have to take a time out to face the family. Alternatively the kids may require you attention, when they have special needs.

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by coogar: 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
ronkebp:

Definitely there are some that work and still cook, no one is disputing that, i am talking of whites with PHDs',and other qualifications are sit at home moms, with their husbands bringing home the bacon and still helping out.

i laugh in phd! cheesy grin

ronkebp:

^^^^^ Having a large family in the western countries we all know is by choice and not like the majority of the  women in Nigeria with no exposure to family planning and proper education of having safe sex. it has nothing to do with inferiority complex.

majority of women in nigeria have a large family by choice.
more often than not, they are the ones who egg their husband on for more children(either because they are looking for a male or a female child). every woman in nigeria knows about family planning - they just won't practise it.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
ronkebp:

Are you sure?

queensmith:

white women cook? I laugh in japanese. . . .kmt seriously David your soo full of it it's unbelievable.

ronkebp:

^^^^^ Having a large family in the western countries we all know is by choice and not like the majority of the  women in Nigeria with no exposure to family planning and proper education of having safe sex. it has nothing to do with inferiority complex.

If a Nigerian couple decides to exercise that same right, We come here blaming them and calling them names

E.g if a Nigerian woman choose to cook for her family after her days job, We call her slave and assume a white woman can never do such demeaning task
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by mutter(f): 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
Certainly most women know about family planning.

COOGER why blame it on the women. I think it is a mutual decision. But very often the couple is in search of a male child.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 15, 2012
it is very apparent that many blacks have serious skin issues and see whites as their gods.

ronkebp:

Not true. Nigerian women are more savvy than you give them credit for. A lot of women with large families do so by choice.

ronkebp:

Absolute untrue. I dont know any white girl who is a housewife but their houses are still spotless and they cook very well.
ronkebp:

actually the sit-at-home syndrome is common with poorly educated whites.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 9:06pm On Feb 15, 2012
coogar:

i laugh in phd! cheesy grin

majority of women in nigeria have a large family by choice.
more often than not, they are the ones who egg their husband on for more children(either because they are looking for a male or a female child). every woman in nigeria knows about family planning - they just won't practise it.

I am still not going to compare the knowledge about planning your family thingy here in the States with Nigeria women, the market women, farmers, villagers, petty traders, and so on that have more than four children. Majority of them wait till they reach menopause before they stop giving birth.

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 9:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
davidylan:

it is very apparent that many blacks have serious skin issues and see whites as their gods.

Not true. Nigerian women are more savvy than you give them credit for. A lot of women with large families do so by choice.

Absolute untrue. I dont know any white girl who is a housewife but their houses are still spotless and they cook very well.

David i am saying what i know, bigtime, where i work, my customers (90%) of them are well educated and are stay- at -home mums.

I
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by coogar: 9:10pm On Feb 15, 2012
ronkebp:

I am still not going to compare the knowledge about planning your family thingy here in the States with Nigeria women, the market women, farmers, villagers, petty traders, and so on that have more than four children. Majority of them wait till they reach menopause before they stop giving birth.

they all know about family planning but they have chosen to ignore it. what do you take nigeria for?
that farmers have never seen condoms before or their wives have never heard about contraceptives?

davidylan:

thank you!
people often forget white folks get levels too. . . . .
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you sure?

If a Nigerian couple decides to exercise that same right, We come here blaming them and calling them names

E.g if a Nigerian woman choose to cook for her family after her days job, We call her slave and assume a white woman can never do such demeaning task

Nope am not sure, even as we have educated, working class white women that cook, we also have educated, working class white women that do not cook. And just like many have said, you cannot practically compare American cooking with proper Naija cooking, unlsess you just want to lie.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2012
ronkebp:

Nope am not sure, even as we have educated, working class white women that cook, we also have educated, working class white women that do not cook. And just like many have said, you cannot practically compare American cooking with proper Naija cooking, unlsess you just want to lie.

why? what's the difference?
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2012
coogar:

they all know about family planning but they have chosen to ignore it. what do you take nigeria for?
that farmers have never seen condoms before or their wives have never heard about contraceptives?

thank you!
people often forget white folks get levels too.
. . . .

Big fat lie, that the sit at home mums are not educated, i just asked a white woman sitting next to me that question, and she said majority of them that chose to sit at home is by choice and agreement between the husband and wife and are well educated. so say something else.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2012
davidylan:

why? what's the difference?

David are you Nigerian or African?
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by mutter(f): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
^but I find african food much easier to cook, besides you can cook and freeze and it still i okay. I think you can hardly do that with other food.
Besid
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2012
ronkebp:

Big fat lie, that the sit at home mums are not educated, i just asked a white woman sitting next to me that question, and she said majority of them that chose to sit at home is by choice and agreement between the husband and wife and are well educated. so say something else.

have you lived in the midwest before? Majority of those in low income white families (south and midwest) are stay-at-home mommies. Lets be candid here.

ronkebp:

David are you Nigerian or African?

Purely nigerian. Why cant we compare american cooking with nigerian cooking?
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by coogar: 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2012
ronkebp:

so the woman sitting next to you speaks for the hundreds of millions of white females all over the world.
she's clueless. . . . .
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by tlops(m): 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2012
This is one reason Nigerian men who venture into marrying whites end up running home to re-marry. because they don't like change and sometime un-cooperative. I see no big deal if the husband lends a hand. but the difference between Our Nigerian women and Oyinbo is that the privilege can be misused or seen as a sign of weakness by Nigerian woman hence the stalemate.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by violent(m): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
Thank God some of us too are able to go to Obodo Oyinbo and see white people live

Else they would have made us believe whites dont shiit.

Someone asking if white women cook? Then maybe white people dont eat

Contrary to what many people believe, In Texas for example, The real conservative white women are even more domestic than other races.

Actually its the blacks that carry the feminism thing on their head and the worse are those who learn the new concept of feminism without knowing what it entails.

White women cook the food their families eat. They spend hours baking, making all those turkey whatever they eat

As an aside:

Something funny came on TV recently and I remembered some women argument here.

I heard Rick Santorum has 7 children, But if it was a Nigerian man that has 7 kids, Someone would already start saying "Nigerian men turn their wives to baby factories"

Thank you!
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 9:59pm On Feb 15, 2012
I cant believe people are here actually trying to tell me there are any sort of similarities in Nigerian and british culture. I'm absolutely dazed by it. Dazed. Stomped.,
Believe it or not British men are nothing like Nigerian men.
Its not acceptable in a country like england to make a statement like 'women cant drive' or 'a womans place is in the kitchen' one can lose his/her job for such a remark. So believe me when i tell you our cultures are VERY different.
The same goes for even the housewives, the husbands, the children.
A british housewife is by no means anything like a nigerian one. By absolutely no means.
Theres no negative stigma attached to eating out, theres no negative stigma attached to a man helping in the house ,the women do not serve thier husbands, they most certainly do not carry a bowl of water to the living room for him to wash his hands with  tongue. The women actually have it easy, esp the housewives. Makes me wonder what they do with themselves, just look pretty can u imagine!  Theres no penisworship in this side of the world.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
tlops:

This is one reason Nigerian men who venture into marrying whites end up running home to re-marry. because they don't like change and sometime un-cooperative. I see no big deal if the husband lends a hand. but the difference between Our Nigerian women and Oyinbo is that the privilege can be misused or seen as a sign of weakness by Nigerian woman hence the stalemate.
Its funny, if any man on this thread married a white women everything theyve said wil be unapplicable.
Its dissapointing sometimes how ur own men can behave towards you.

Sha sha lucky for some who have options eh!
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by dayokanu(m): 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

I cant believe people are here actually trying to tell me there are any sort of similarities in Nigerian and british culture. I'm absolutely dazed by it. Dazed. Stomped.,
Its not acceptable in a country like england to make a statement like 'women cant drive' or 'a womans place is in the kitchen' one can lose his/her job for such a remark. So believe me when i tell you our cultures are VERY different.

^^ The Republican Presidential candidate Rick Santorum last week said "Women are too emotional to lead combat"

That was a statement made in America by a White American not a Nigerian

He is yet to be fired, actually he leads the polls currently
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by dayokanu(m): 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
[size=18pt]Rick Santorum's : Women are too emotional for combat [/size]

http://theweek.com/article/index/224344/rick-santorums-sexist-gaffe-women-are-too-emotional-for-combat
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

The same goes for even the housewives, the husbands, the children.
A british housewife is by no means anything like a nigerian one. By absolutely no means.
Theres no negative stigma attached to eating out, theres no negative stigma attached to a man helping in the house ,the women do not serve thier husbands, they most certainly do not carry a bowl of water to the living room for him to wash his hands with  tongue. The women actually have it easy, esp the housewives. Makes me wonder what they do with themselves, just look pretty can u imagine!  Theres no penisworship in this side of the world.

why dont you just bow down and worship your british Lords then? Infact marry a white british man, its not compulsory to stick with nigerian cave men. QED
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 10:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
davidylan:

why dont you just bow down and worship your british Lords then? Infact marry a white british man, its not compulsory to stick with nigerian cave men. QED

Believe me, honestly, she does not have anything to offer a man in marriage. White or black!
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by jossy26: 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2012
@sagamite, like you said, she's got nothing to offer neither a black african man nor the british white. I think she's also a l****b****n. No offeinse grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? / Nonuplets: Halima Cisse, Malian Woman Gives Birth To Nine Babies In Morocco / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.