Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (35365 Views)

Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands / Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2012
@queensmith with ur behaviour and attitude I can never marry you, Infact no sensible man can marry you, Gawwdd, What rubbish, Are u the only doctor in the world, We have 2 in my small nuclear family of 6, So go and sit down somewhere, Na stethoscope u go marry, Vile woman.I'm not replying you.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by armyofone(m): 11:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
ummmmm, such a made up excuse. how many nigerian guys here will accept to eat macaroni and cheese and other fine book cuisine of mix this mix that in a package? frozen food yes, not cook from scratch like africans which made the whole cooking business a tough work tongue.
they would prefer you cook suffer head food of jolof rice, grin fried rice, akpu, pondo, egusi, apon, okra, cut this cut that, fry this fry that, boil this boil that and you come here to compare nig woman sweating in the kitchen to western women easy cooking of Rachel Ray less than 30mins cooking?

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggg, dayo don't let me go crazy on you o

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
12 inches!:

@queensmith with ur behaviour and attitude I can never marry you, Infact no sensible man can marry you, Gawwdd, What rubbish, Are u the only doctor in the world, We have 2 in my small nuclear family of 6, So go and sit down somewhere, Na stethoscope u go marry, Vile woman.I'm not replying you.

Abeg, wey this queensmith is a doctor gist dey come from?

Where?

Make we call a spade a spade o. She is not a doctor.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Leilah(f): 11:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
ALl I had to do was physcially become sick of working twelve hours in nursing homes to find cups al over the place. I just said it, I said it out to him am I am machine? If you want a machine go find a naija woman. He has to get everythg handed to him lying lik he has a disability on the sofa. Fck sick of it but dont care ill do what he wants to shut him up. He cuts the grass, thats it. So, I am going back to school fuulltime. I have to take care of the child and then be expected to proved mindblowing sex for him which is difficult. But anyway I don't give a shite anymore. A leopard will never change it spots PERIOD wish u luck and hopefully not an early grave my dear. xx pls my husbandn will not eat any food only naija food. I cook it and put it all in the fridge and have no weekend basically.

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by armyofone(m): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
haha grin

Leilah:

ALl I had to do was physcially become sick of working twelve hours in nursing homes to find cups al over the place. I just said it, I said it out to him am I am machine? If you want a machine go find a naija woman. He has to get everythg handed to him lying lik he has a disability on the sofa. Fck sick of it but dont care ill do what he wants to shut him up. He cuts the grass, thats it. So, I am going back to school fuulltime. I have to take care of the child and then be expected to proved mindblowing sex for him which is difficult. But anyway I don't give a shite anymore. A leopard will never change it spots PERIOD wish u luck and hopefully not an early grave my dear. xx
amen to that.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
Leilah is back! and still married . . . we thank the Lord. grin

Sagamite:

Where?

bros, even i have serious doubts about that. cheesy Doctor ko, therapist ni.

armyofone:

ummmmm, such a made up excuse. how many nigerian guys here will accept to eat macaroni and cheese and other fine book cuisine of mix this mix that in a package? frozen food yes, not cook from scratch like africans which made the whole cooking business a tough work tongue.
they would prefer you cook suffer head food of jolof rice, grin fried rice, akpu, pondo, egusi, apon, okra, cut this cut that, fry this fry that, boil this boil that and you come here to compare nig woman sweating in the kitchen to western women easy cooking of Rachel Ray less than 30mins cooking?

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggg, dayo don't let me go crazy on you o

As if any of you still do the traditional naija cooking again. Try making beef stew, it takes me 4 solid hours. Forget about chilli, that one takes an entire day.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Leilah(f): 12:05am On Feb 16, 2012
Yes I am back and I am still married can u beleive it!! ha ha I am. LIfe is good! I just freeze soup ad stew and we take when needed cos I am a full time student and I gotta run errands and be at school daily. If he didn't like it he's be well gone he has his passport six months now! but I kept to having one of my own children only until we could have a better life as the jobs are going bust my the minute in Ireland.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by cfours: 12:28am On Feb 16, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ The Republican Presidential candidate Rick Santorum last week said "Women are too emotional to lead combat"
That was a statement made in America by a White American not a Nigerian
He is yet to be fired, actually he leads the polls currently

US politics is different. unless you are a republican millionaire, you really shouldn't go about making those comments.
case in point: Larry summers was fired from his position as president of Harvard for making sexist comments about women in science.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by kbdrim(m): 12:36am On Feb 16, 2012
queensmith:

I cant believe people are here actually trying to tell me there are any sort of similarities in Nigerian and british culture. I'm absolutely dazed by it. Dazed. Stomped.,
Believe it or not British men are nothing like Nigerian men.
Its not acceptable in a country like england to make a statement like 'women cant drive' or 'a womans place is in the kitchen' one can lose his/her job for such a remark. So believe me when i tell you our cultures are VERY different.
The same goes for even the housewives, the husbands, the children.
A british housewife is by no means anything like a nigerian one. By absolutely no means.
Theres no negative stigma attached to eating out, theres no negative stigma attached to a man helping in the house ,the women do not serve thier husbands, they most certainly do not carry a bowl of water to the living room for him to wash his hands with  tongue. The women actually have it easy, esp the housewives. Makes me wonder what they do with themselves, just look pretty can u imagine!  Theres no penisworship in this side of the world.
IDIOTA!!! Tell us the % of British people married to African/Black women, I stay in Britain and I can tell you It is far easier to have a white girl date/marry an African male than a young white male to date an African girl, The only alternative u have is to date an old white man and then let me see if u expect him to cook ur meals. The fact is u have a major identity crisis and the earlier u deal with it, the better for u. Take a look at the Asian community and then compare with the black community including jamaicans most especially in the midlands and u will see potential criminals/rioters
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by kbdrim(m): 12:41am On Feb 16, 2012
Sagamite:

Where?

tanks mate, Doctor my Azz, If doctor talk u no go know, she doesnt even sound like a professional, na care Job she dey do for inbecile, nonsense, Na their type dey wash toilet pass
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by armyofone(m): 12:42am On Feb 16, 2012
glad you know that,  wink
i will gladly make my lucky guy the best meal all the time. It is when it starts looking like "do it or die trying'' i will tell him khaki no be leather  grin

davidylan:

Leilah is back! and still married . . . we thank the Lord.  grin

bros, even i have serious doubts about that.  cheesy Doctor ko, therapist ni.

As if any of you still do the traditional naija cooking again. Try making beef stew, it takes me 4 solid hours. Forget about chilli, that one takes an entire day.

i do traditional cooking with ingredients my mom sent to me. cooking for one is easy. so i'm going to keep enjoying myself  grin.
chilli is easy now common  grin grin
i make me the best one all the time.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by dayokanu(m): 12:47am On Feb 16, 2012
c.fours:

US politics is different. unless you are a republican millionaire, you really shouldn't go about making those comments.
case in point: Larry summers was fired from his position as president of Harvard for making sexist comments about women in science.

Point is whites are not that much different from blacks.

And who can be more white than the Republican Presidential candidate?

WHen we come here tormenting people about how stuffs cant happen in foreign countries. Fact is they happen

Working white women cook for their husband rather its the black woman who would now term feminism as not cooking for your family.

Like I said earlier, If it was a Black man that was reported to have 7 children in this day and age, I wonder what would be the comments of some people on here.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by cfours: 12:49am On Feb 16, 2012
kbdrim:

IDIOTA!!! Tell us the % of British people married to African/Black women, I stay in Britain and I can tell you It is far easier to have a white girl date/marry an African male than a young white male to date an African girl,  The only alternative u have is to date an old white man and then let me see if u expect him to cook ur meals. The fact is u have a major identity crisis and the earlier u deal with it, the better for u. Take a look at the Asian community and then compare with the black community including jamaicans most especially in the midlands and u will see potential criminals/rioters

of course since you guys are so damn cheap. even a monkey from jungle could date/marry an African male. so what is the matter?
A woman has to be pretty classy to date a white guy. Not always but usually.

Point is: White women definitely aren't submissive like African ones are expected to be. Go and marry a white woman and you will be lucky if she cook for you 3 times out of the week sef. and by cooking I don't mean frozen sandwich.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by coogar: 12:54am On Feb 16, 2012
c.fours:

of course since you guys are so damn cheap. even a monkey from jungle could date/marry an African male. so what is the matter?

and it's the african females that sleep with dogs, gorillas for money. grin cheesy
i think you have your wires crossed.

Point is: White women definitely aren't submissive like African ones are expected to be. Go and marry a white woman and you will be lucky if she cook for you 3 times out of the week sef. and by cooking I don't mean frozen sandwich.

they are. . . . .
much better than the nigerian females in diaspora. . . .who are trying to be more westernized than the western women.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by dayokanu(m): 1:00am On Feb 16, 2012
c.fours:

You definitely need to be classy to be considered worthy of dating the "superior" white masters  cheesy
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Outstrip(f): 1:05am On Feb 16, 2012
tlops:

This is one reason Nigerian men who venture into marrying whites end up running home to re-marry. because they don't like change and sometime un-cooperative. I see no big deal if the husband lends a hand. but the difference between Our Nigerian women and Oyinbo is that the privilege can be misused or seen as a sign of weakness by Nigerian woman hence the stalemate.

I agree. I have seen a few cases like that. I believe that that it might have to do with the way they were force fed the culture and brainwashed with it.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by kbdrim(m): 1:07am On Feb 16, 2012
c.fours:

The fact remains that African women in Diaspora are fakes sets of folks, They have rubbish accent even if they have spent 2 yrs here especially the Nigerians, other African women are even more real, I've had a white flatmate and a Nigerian flatmate (both ladies)and they have been times she had to washup in the kitchen when I was too tired to clean up and I have done the same for her without complaints. The naija babe feels like she cant do any of such, she gives people the impression her parents are so comfortable in naija and so she's not use to that yet she is running from one care job to another to keep body and soul together. just compare urself to Pakistani's/Indians here and you will know that U r trash. Just be real and stop forming the western that you are not. An average white guy knows more about ur culture than u tink so wen are forming all that butter thing he just sees the FAKENESS in u.
Take a Nigerian girl out for DINNER in the UK, You will pay for her food(she will not remember western culture of splitting bills). take a white Chick out she would want to split bills. The stuff I've seen White girls buy for their boyfriends U would never see A typical black woman buy for her boyfriend.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by cfours: 1:19am On Feb 16, 2012
^I won't even grace your silly post with a reply. not worth it.

davidylan:

I cook stew in the weekend and it lasts me the whole week. during the weekdays I only have to make simple stuff like rice, eba, pasta etc. weekend is for the time consuming foods like stew, beans etc.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:01am On Feb 16, 2012
c.fours:

Another neo-colonial slave to her white masters. Of course you have to be "pretty classy" to date your "god".

c.fours:

Pure BS. You all live on an alternate planet.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:04am On Feb 16, 2012
kbdrim:

Take a Nigerian girl out for DINNER in the UK, You will pay for her food(she will not remember western culture of splitting bills). take a white Chick out she would want to split bills. The stuff I've seen White girls buy for their boyfriends U would never see A typical black woman buy for her boyfriend. 

Sshhh you dont want to tell the truth to folks like queensmith and c.fours now do you?
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Outstrip(f): 2:48am On Feb 16, 2012
Here we go again. Traditionally in the US the man pays for the first date. In fact if the woman insist on paying for a first date that you asked her out on you should not count on seeing her again. She is clearly telling you that she does not want you to feel obligated to take on the role of being her man LOL. Sheesh. Unless of course it was not a romantic date. I do agree though that our culture of bleeding men dry financially needs to be eradicated. Even for the benefit of women. set yourself up so that you do not have to be reduced to waiting for you man to pay your phone bills and pay to get yourhair done.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 16, 2012
Outstrip:

Here we go again. Traditionally in the US the man pays for the first date. In fact if the woman insist on paying for a first date that you asked her out on you should not count on seeing her again. She is clearly telling you that she does not want you to feel obligated to take on the role of being her man LOL. Sheesh. Unless of course it was not a romantic date. I do agree though that our culture of bleeding men dry financially needs to be eradicated. Even for the benefit of women. set yourself up so that you do not have to be reduced to waiting for you man to pay your phone bills and pay to get yourhair done.

huh? undecided
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by armyofone(m): 3:09am On Feb 16, 2012
ogini, pay for my own date, no way on plannet earth. i can afford my dinner but pls pay grin

where do pple get alaroro and miser to date sef grin
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by cfours: 3:16am On Feb 16, 2012
davidylan:

huh?  undecided

what's confusing you?
you asked a woman out on a first date and expect her to pay?
odikwa serious.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 4:19am On Feb 16, 2012
Soneone with the screen name 12inches has said he can never marry me! Lmao

My work here is done!

Here we go sounding like we're doin the woman a favour again we can do this all year!
Im enjoying the 'is she a doctor debate' the assumptions you make about my life will make no difference to it so I won't indulge you.
Just so you know, it comes from the first post where i wrote 'i was raised to be a doctor' such a simple statement becomes difficult to the ignorant minds here.
It doesnt take much to make the men on NL cry.

@dayo i see what your trying to prove. Not working. A few racist bigots here and there don't make us the same. I thought one was impying we should be proud of our culture?
So get the story straight do they have a different culture or are we all the same?
If you've known or lived with a white person you will know we are different. I dont know how anyone can be offended by that fact?
One thing im damn sure of is the men don't pick the woman out of thier ability to cook or clean, this im sure of because most of them won't lone do it. Marriage is an equal partnership to them the women arent subjected. The countries lead the way when it comes to equality.
To say otherwise is actually turning a blind eye to the fact that these countries are entirely different! i'm not going to shit on them or blindly believe my culture is superior cos the fact of the matter is it's not.
Like a terrorist will blindly follow his religion to the grave, im not suprised most of you are getting defensive. But please lets not lie or fool ourselves. When an english person gets married its a whole different ball game entirely.

care you know- do you know you've insulted like 99% of nigerians in this country? Glad its come from your mouth and not mine.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by armyofone(m): 4:32am On Feb 16, 2012
queensmith:

It doesnt take much to make the men on NL cry.

No it doesn't. Just tell them to do chores/cook their own food/pay for date/bring home huge bacon/paycheck
as salary and you hear the wahhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhh, wah, wah, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 4:40am On Feb 16, 2012
armyofone:

ogini, pay for my own date, no way on plannet earth. i can afford my dinner but pls pay  grin

where do pple get alaroro and miser to date sef grin

Their chatting poo, don't mind them its what they say to comfort themselves.
If anything your more likely to split or pay for a date with a black man than you are with a white. Paying for dates isn't even an issue.
And after paying he won't be soo eagerly expecting to bed you because of a dinner!
Even the poor ones!
But whether or not a woman should pay is something that can also be debated.
IiiLong story short, white men are not misers like hateful black men try to make them out to be. Its not western culture to split the bills on a date. If anything the women i know that insist on doing so are Nigerian (i will never understand it but what do i know!)
Outstrip:

I agree. I have seen a few cases like that. I believe that that it might have to do with the way they were force fed the culture and brainwashed with it.
I dont get it? If a woman wants to split the chores like everything else she's branded lazy. Then what is the man that wants to do nothing?
If a man is required to cook as much as the woman how is that taking advantage of him? So isn't the woman being taken advantage of in the same right? These double standards elude me. The worst thing is it pays no one.
A woman might try to claim she's happy but im not sure the sacrifices of living the conventional 'nigeria' lifestyle are worth it.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 4:46am On Feb 16, 2012
And someone called queensmith thinks she's the most enlightened in the world, I will not even talk abt dat doctor issue because u simply implied that thru all ur ranting, So if u so dnt like our culture because u've been opportune to stay in london or wherever for 1 week, Why don't u carry yellow color and kuku paint ur skin white, So we cn knw we're dealing with some1 with a lost identity, MJ did it, Just follow suit,
Ps: I said I cnt marry someone like u, And I dnt see any sensible man doing so, Afterall marriage is a choice.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 4:50am On Feb 16, 2012
armyofone:

No it doesn't. Just tell them to do chores/cook their own food/pay for date/bring home huge bacon/paycheck
as salary and you hear the wahhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhh, wah, wah, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

Lol. This is even assuming most of them do, but most of them don't? So its back to the beggining.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 4:57am On Feb 16, 2012
12 inches!:

And someone called queensmith thinks she's the most enlightened in the world, I will not even talk abt dat doctor issue because u simply implied that thru all ur ranting, So if u so dnt like our culture because u've been opportune to stay in london or wherever for 1 week, Why don't u carry yellow color and kuku paint ur skin white, So we cn knw we're dealing with some1 with a lost identity, MJ did it, Just follow suit,
Ps: I said I cnt marry someone like u, And I dnt see any sensible man doing so, Afterall marriage is a choice.
Here we go, seriously i really wish the men here will stop taking everything soo personal.
I reason differently, so i see things differently, ive weighed the benefits to being a typical nigerian wife and for me i don"t find it gratifying.
Ive observed many typical nigerian wives and still don't think its gratifying. Just because something is cultural doesnt make it right? Doesnt make it the all way and everyway? Most of the time, we need to evolve. Women have come a long way to continue being subjected in thier own homes. It's not like women even have it easy considering the societal burdens and physiological ones.
This is my POV and the comparison with the alternate cultures just allows me to justify it further. Women around the world are not slaves to their husbands. The system actually works! so why extend your 9-5 to 6-12? All to be a good typical wife? For what? With what reward? To be stressed and stomped?
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 5:12am On Feb 16, 2012
@queensmith, So I suggest we change men to women and women to men so we cn stop having this discussion, You're living in fools paradise, So what do you want? Men should start cooking food and chores and women should be doing what? Paying the house rent and doing physical work and fixing at home, You must be kidding me, Don't u understand that they're things men and women are naturally good at and changing that will be fixing square pegs into round holes, And I'm sure hillary clinton still cares for BIll clinton, So what are u yacking abt,
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 5:40am On Feb 16, 2012
No im saying men should throw equal weight about the house because all house chores dont belong to the woman. If the woman is going to work to contribute equally towards the expenditure then the man should work to contribute towards their welfare. Its very simple.
Im very sure hilary's definition of caring for clinto.n is different from yours. Lest we forget what hilary was doing for clinton years ago bill is now doing for hilary. Definition of an equal partnership. They support each other acheive the same goals. Thanks for that example.
Just because women have been subjected to doing something doesnt mean their 'naturally good at it' its a simple case of cultures raising their children according to gender inequalities.
Esp african cultures of penisworship. If both boys and girls were taught how to cook and clean how are women going to be naturally good at it?
Abeg abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / Nonuplets: Halima Cisse, Malian Woman Gives Birth To Nine Babies In Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.