Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. (18456 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia5: 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
its from the same book quoted in the second post on the thread.

the horse and his boy.
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by x30994575(f): 3:45am On Apr 03, 2012
My angel, once so pure, beautiful, let my soul and MengYi, let me day and night miss. Now she has

far away, only in my mind, always be remembered, become the past. Never will only in dreams

appear, never see!

wow power leveling
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by x30994575(f): 3:47am On Apr 03, 2012
The last time, put all the all stay here, my heart, that a cold heart, that a helpless heart, the

one without the spirit of heart. Leave it here, let the cruel to trample, it has not been able to

shiver again, it has "full frost, empty as the wreck of the old tree. Be a sharp knife into the

last drop of blood and fell to the ground with dust, along with yellow leaves the autumn wind, to

bury together.
The last time, the love wanted to beautiful, but like a glass in a moment fragmented, cut I was

black and blue all over, but have no tears, and the breath appear weak, shaking hands, can't hold

anything, ever thought everything can seize this moment I found it vulnerable.

The last time, a smile to yourself, suddenly found himself is so funny, every day in the fantasy,

fantasizing own is so happy, in the time of his call, thought her heart and my position, just find

finally, I had to the tomb, dusty the long, won't affect her heart.

The last time, in this leave my words, for the last time, let the tears in our hearts, the last

time, leave the name of love, and the last one, and serve the pay.

Love is dead, the heart is dead, she is dead, I'm already dead, dead body to cool off, dead to the

intestine wear belly lousy, death to turn bone Yang ash, from now on, I no longer have the world

who, my heart is not love, my mind there is no fantasy.

wow power leveling
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by zubike01(m): 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
DON'T JOIN by Azubike Akinsowon Ahubelem

“As a Warrior, your Soul Mate is a lady who understands what it means to be a Warrior, one who is ready to take risks for you no matter the consequence, one who could take care of herself in times of war enabling you to focus on your duties instead of worrying about her safety.”

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=400710869990059&id=388942974500182
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by consize: 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
“Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even
be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr.
Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness
and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the
end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go
back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the
end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must
pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine
out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That
meant something, even if you were too small to understand why.
But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those
stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They
kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's
worth fighting for.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by cooljoe(m): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2012
'Our destinies are decided by a cosmic roll of the dice, the whims of the stars, the fragant breezes of fortune that blows from the windmills of the Gods' - windmills of the Gods by Sidney Sheldon.
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by ayosmiles(m): 7:26pm On Aug 25, 2012
Andre Agassi, Open. The only perfection that exists is that of helping others. Pain is a hard way we know we are living.
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by WuzilistiQ(m): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2012
TITLE:-THIS IS OUR CHANCE

This is the child of my brain, the product of my endevour, and the materialization of my inventive genius.........an introduction for anti-snake bit in the book, i respect this lines everyday of my life.
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by adexsimply(m): 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
"HOPE: Perhaps The Most Dangerous of all Emotions, and perhaps the most Necessary"

Ambler Warning-Robert Ludlum
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by adexsimply(m): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
"Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day..Teach him how to fish-and he will go into competition with you"

Title:Ambler Warning-
Author:Robert Ludlum
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by ernxt231: 6:31am On Aug 07, 2013
tpia@:
Pride and prejudice by jane austen

" I would not wish to be hasty in censuring anyone, but i always say what i think"

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment" ( mr darcy to miss bingley, ch 6)

Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by slap1(m): 9:05am On Aug 07, 2013
"There are very few people given us to love"
"I have never trusted men who pray"
- ANNE ENRIGHT. (THE GATHERING)
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
recaps from the data loss. (page 6)
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
quoted by natifa

But would he want her permanenty? Rather than engaging in some roll in the hey that was certain to leave her feeling empty and used and ever longing for more?

Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Would have quoted something from an african night's entertainment by cyprian ekwensi but I can't seem to locate my copy and i couldnt find the book in any online format.
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
quote from koms4mic

The greatest harm can come from best intention.

Wizard second rule... sword of truth series by Terry goodkind
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Natifa: TESS OF THE DE-UBERVILLE'S

the soft torments
the bitter sweets
the pleasing pains
the agreable distresses of those girls who have been wooed and won!
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Thomas Hardy, The Mayor of Casterbridge

“…happiness [is] but the occasional episode in a general drama of pain.”
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
The high road into the village of Weydon-Priors was again carpeted with dust. The trees had put on as of yore their aspect of dingy green, and where the Henchard family of three had once walked along, two persons not unconnected with that family walked now.
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
They had lived so long ago, their time was so unlike the present, their hopes and motives were so widely removed from ours, that between them and the living there seemed to stretch a gulf too wide for even a spirit to pass.
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
Don Quixote

“I know who I am and who I may be, if I choose.”
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
“Thou hast seen nothing yet.”
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
“Destiny guides our fortunes more favorably than we could have expected. Look there, Sancho Panza, my friend, and see those thirty or so wild giants, with whom I intend to do battle and kill each and all of them, so with their stolen booty we can begin to enrich ourselves. This is nobel, righteous warfare, for it is wonderfully useful to God to have such an evil race wiped from the face of the earth."
"What giants?" Asked Sancho Panza.

"The ones you can see over there," answered his master, "with the huge arms, some of which are very nearly two leagues long."

"Now look, your grace," said Sancho, "what you see over there aren't giants, but windmills, and what seems to be arms are just their sails, that go around in the wind and turn the millstone."

"Obviously," replied Don Quijote, "you don't know much about adventures.”
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
“Hunger is the best sauce in the world.”
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
“Virtue is persecuted by the wicked more than it is loved by the good.”
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
“I do not deny that what happened to us is a thing worth laughing at. But it is not worth telling, for not everyone is sufficiently intelligent to be able to see things from the right point of view.”
“It is not the responsibility of knights errant to discover whether the afflicted, the enchained and the oppressed whom they encounter on the road are reduced to these circumstances and suffer this distress for their vices, or for their virtues: the knight's sole responsibility is to succour them as people in need, having eyes only for their sufferings, not for their misdeeds.”
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by tpia1: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
“The most perceptive character in a play is the fool, because the man who wishes to seem simple cannot possibly be a simpleton.”
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2014
The Teen Glory By Tahee Fasina (A Christian Teen Novella)

"I cracked my fingers and picked up the green pen. I paused and stared at the blank paper after I opened the sketchpad, all I saw was white then it all exploded in my head. Everything became chaotic in my head, they were all there but I needed order. It was coming in a wave that left me confused for a moment.

I decided to go ten years before. Then I hesitated again but the optimist in me encouraged me to do it. I dropped my green pen and looked up at the ceiling. I heard scratches and whimpers and knew it was Ginger trying to get in. I got up and opened the door. She gave me a queried look then jumped into bed and stretched out. I smiled and went back to the table and stared down as I stood with arms akimbo.

My gaze went to do the photo frame again. Jakelyn was smiling from ear to ear. She had a bandana on her head and a pretty shirt I had forced her to wear. Jake stood rigid in the middle grinning through his teeth. I had an arm around his neck as I blew a kiss at the camera. Dad and mum sat facing each other, it was as if they were lost in each other’s gaze. I wanted that. I wanted a life filled with peace and love. I wanted an adult life that was fun and filled with happiness. I didn’t have to carry my unsure childhood or freaky teenage years to my adult life.

I had the desire to shed it. I decided to take it all out and put it somewhere reachable. I wanted a place of memories where I could relieve it without feeling pain or guilt. I picked up my pen and wrote a few words and then…

I heard mummy scream and called Jakelyn. I suspected that she had eventually seen the mess in Jakelyn’s room. I went out of my room into the little room we keep dirty and unused clothing. Mummy was furious. She had dirty clothes over one shoulder and a smelly sneaker in the other hand.

“Good night mummy,” I said and hugged her. Mummy smiled and kissed me on the cheek. Jakelyn rolled her eyes and waved. Mummy snickered and went down the stairs. I went back into my room to resume writing. I had only written a sentence when my door opened.

“What are you doing?” Jakelyn asked as she walked into my room. She looked much more presentable and rested. She had taken her bath and worn her pajama. She looked like half of me. She went and lay on my bed. Ginger opened an eye and sighed but went back to sleep. Jakelyn placed her hands behind her head and closed her eyes.

“I smell mint. Why does your room always smell of mint?” She asked and sniffed, eyes still closed.

“I love mint, Jakie.”

“Yeah right. The last time you liked vanilla,” Jakelyn replied.

I shook my head and ignored her. She was right though. I always had too many things going. I needed to stick to one thing but maybe I liked both. Vanilla was playful and mint was peaceful. I heard snores. Jakelyn had slept off. I walked up to her and shook her.

“A prayer, if you may, your awesomeness,” I smiled at the tired brown eyes staring up at me. She held my hand and we said our prayers. After-which she turned on her side and yawned loudly.

“Bless you, my precious,” I mouthed as I walked back to my seat. I always wondered where that horrible sound always came from in that small body of hers. I stared at her for a while. I loved my sister. I loved my brother. They were both everything to me and not just happy childhood memories. They were an important part of me.

“Is Jakelyn…?” Jake entered and stopped. He whispered good night and retraced his footsteps. Ginger by now was getting pissed with the interruptions of her beauty sleep. She hopped off the bed and walked out. I knew she would make for mummy’s room as it was the better sanctuary for a good night sleep.

I opened my bible and wrote down the first verse I saw, “you will have all you want to eat. then you will praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you,” Deut. 8:10 and that was a good place to start, the rain continued in earnest."
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by adexsimply(m): 2:43am On Aug 16, 2014
Her watery eyes looked at him; then with a brave smile, she picked up the bread and handed it to him.
"It's in the loaf of bread. Giller hid it in there with magic."
wizard's first rule-Terry Goodkind
Re: Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. by Babe2sure(f): 7:59am On Aug 16, 2014
Locke- "Damn! Devasher! We can't keep eliminating people".

Devasher- "Just preliminary plans,nothing serious. I told Lazarous, I thought it was much too early and that it could be a mistake. But they are very worried, Locke".

Locke- "This can't continue,Devasher, I mean,damn! We have reputations to consider. We have a higher casualty rate than the oil rigs. People will start talking, we are gonna reach a point where no law student in his right mind would take a job here!

Devasher- "I don't think you need to worry about that. Lazarov has put a freeze on hiring. He also want to know how many associates are still in the dark.

Locke- "Five,I think. Let's see, Lynch,Sorrell, Buntin, Myers and MCdeere"

THE FIRM - JOHN GRISHAM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Michelle Nkamankeng, The Youngest Published Author In Africa (PHOTOS) / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story) / Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.