Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna (36884 Views)

SR-Mohammed-buba-marwa-delivered-letter-bomb-killed-dele-giwa-dr-taiyemiwo-ogun- / Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe / Sgt Sunday Badang Died In The Bomb Blast At Ungwar Sarki In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Walix: 12:31am On Feb 16, 2012
I have been a member of Nairaland for three years but I never post any comments until this one. Irrespective of how you feel about the officer's actions and intentions, I urge us all to exercise restraint in how we pour out insults on the deceased. Consider the fact that he has family who may be reading and put yourself in their shoes. Please let us grow up on this site. This is a wonderful forum and let's keep it that way.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by noiseless: 12:36am On Feb 16, 2012
Please people this man and his family should not disrespect in this manner,some comments here are really shameful and disgusting.  Rest in peace mr officer.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by StarFlux: 12:40am On Feb 16, 2012
iziegbe ma,

wonda wat got into dis mans head, maybe he was pressured to go in wid no protective suit or maybe he turned on hero mode. i guess we will never know. it is still a shame, may he find peace.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by olaadegoke(m): 12:47am On Feb 16, 2012
Even if its fireworks why wud anyone in it right sense move that close to an explosive device ?, My heartfelt goes to the family he left behind in sorrow  embarassed
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Walix: 12:52am On Feb 16, 2012
@StarFlux,

We may never know. Let's hope it is a wake up call to the Police force to have an inward assessment of how they have conducted their affairs in Nigeria. If this brings about a change in the way the NPF is run, then he would not have died in vain.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by priceit: 1:00am On Feb 16, 2012
it's a shame to look at this video,and still believe dis type of thing can happen in a country like naija. In this 21 century
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by StarFlux: 1:06am On Feb 16, 2012
Walix:

@StarFlux,

We may never know. Let's hope it is a wake up call to the Police force to have an inward assessment of how they have conducted their affairs in Nigeria. If this brings about a change in the way the NPF is run, then he would not have died in vain.
Would be nice for a change. however, it would not surprise me to hear "chey, he dey die 4 good cause. life no be small thin oo"

next thing you know it happens again. i will keep my hopes up though.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by miccodb(m): 1:19am On Feb 16, 2012
may God forgive me but this guy is a clown. its absolutely hilarious!!!! no protection or element of professionalism. what was he thinking? that a biscuit was hidden in there?
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by BlackBaron: 1:34am On Feb 16, 2012
Still haunted by this, quite a shame really. RIP to him. . .

I doubt all members of the Nigerian Police Force or even the armed forces have gone through any form of RSP training.
Video below shows a puported NPF Anti Bomb Unit

[flash=320,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or_6MIoq6o8[/flash]
At 1:02, one can see a member of the Nigerian Bomb squad in a bomb suit carrying out training on the field.

Contrast the same unfortunate incident to a similar case elsewhere.
[flash=320,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghLSCxtJwQA[/flash]
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by sandysprax(m): 2:14am On Feb 16, 2012
BlackBaron:

Still haunted by this, quite a shame really. RIP to him. . .

I doubt all members of the Nigerian Police Force or even the armed forces have gone through any form of RSP training.
Video below shows a puported NPF Anti Bomb Unit

[flash=320,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or_6MIoq6o8[/flash]
At 1:02, one can see a member of the Nigerian Bomb squad in a bomb suit carrying out training on the field.

Leave these people! Someone on top prolly enriched himself with this so called anti-bomb training programme. They will never learn anything, tomoro u will still hear that someone else fell victim to the same incident. **smh**.Whatever happened to the police equipment fund that was supposed to cater to equipments such as the bomb diffusion suits which should be abundance in their arsenal given the prevailing series of bombings.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by adasi678: 2:15am On Feb 16, 2012
I CANNOT believe this video. So sad what is happening across the world. This guy has a family and no regards to his life. Someone should be held accountable for this brutal MURDER.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Winnerslfc(m): 3:11am On Feb 16, 2012
U guys shud stop blamin the innocent hero pls. Why are u people sayin all diz about our poor here eh? He just thought it was a parcel loaded with 20 naira so he went to chek it out. Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by bigsean(m): 3:40am On Feb 16, 2012
Jesus, I'm so so scared of NIgeria right now.
Its a shame, I cant even show my friends this.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by azpekuliar: 4:01am On Feb 16, 2012
Looking beyond the crude conduct and unfortunate demise of the sarge. It's noteworthy that a new chapter in the way BH carries out its attacks has been opened, at least here in Naija- the use of IED's. Improvised Explosive Devices (a.k.a road side bombs). These are bombs or explosives disguised to look like anything were used to seeing on our streets e.g polythene bags, milk tins, seemingly empty soda/beverage cans e.t.c. Watch out before kicking that disused soccerball or disused beverage can strewn across your path, same for car owners. If a vehicle had ridden over the polythene bag in KD, it would have been blown up to bits too. It's frightening, but it's one of the very potent weapons in a 21st century terrorist's arsenal that we need to be aware off.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Obiagu1(m): 4:20am On Feb 16, 2012
Country of retards!

Human life = Zero
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by GboyegaD(m): 4:20am On Feb 16, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.

What was he actually thinking? How would he want to investigate the stuff without any protective gadget?
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Kobojunkie: 4:38am On Feb 16, 2012
Good question! What was he thinking? He probably thought like most Nigerians that he was inviscible . . . bad could not happen to him because he had said his prayers etc. Many Nigerians are still to wake up to the terrorism that is now the reality of this nation. It is sad.

@Moderators, please take down the pictures and video.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by ElPhenomenal(m): 4:42am On Feb 16, 2012
Hahahaha very funny clip,if govt wanna compensate i tink 20naira is ok,i dont see anytin heroic hea all i see is suicide mission, hahahahaha dis is funny
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by supaeagles(m): 4:48am On Feb 16, 2012
Sad loss of life - irrespective of the circumstances. We are normally used to seeing the police running away from situations. This officer thought otherwise and obviously was not fully aware of the danger. I see him as a hero though.  cry
I also agree that the man behind this camera seems very suspicious,  his camera focus went away just before the bomb was detonated (was he involved in setting it off remotely??) and he did not flee afterwords, instead  he continued to calmly take footage,  quite startling and makes one wonder  undecided
RIP officer and our thoughts + prayers to your family/friends.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by maddock(m): 4:59am On Feb 16, 2012
There is absolutely nothing heroic about the dead man actions. He was foolish to have thought he could disarm that bomb empty handed. Did you noticed how he strolled arrogantly to the package and for argument sake what instruments was he hoping to use in disarming the bomb?nada. From the footage it shows a perfect example of the thought process of the Nigerian police, no strategy or plan just foolish actions. The loss of life is indeed saddening but what else can one say about someone not having a value for his life.Its more heroic to sit at the back of a patrol van in a BH infested territory than to try to disarm a bomb empty handed. As far as am concern the situation does not warrant this type of actions because the package has already been discovered and not posing any direct threat to life,if you chose to disagree with me then why did the onlookers not killed or injured when the explosion took place?
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by eghost247(m): 5:11am On Feb 16, 2012
sad RIP but he could have used his head
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 16, 2012
What did I just watch!? SHIIT!!!
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by KayDee4: 6:21am On Feb 16, 2012
OMG !!! This is sad, RIP  cry cry .
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by IykeD(m): 7:03am On Feb 16, 2012
It's very disheartening reading what most of you are saying. If life no longer means anything in Nigeria, then we have a problem, in fact we are doomed!
Imagine how the family and relatives of this Officer will feel reading all these trash. The gory video is enough trauma for them, why add to it with all these thoughtless comments

No body in his right senses would like to die like this, the brave Officer thought he could do it hence going for it,, he wanted to save the lives of innocent people and paid dearly with his own life; if he had succeeded, he would have been a "Hero" and then there would be praise-singing.

RIP Officer, you are a brave man in a wrong Country!
May God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Onuma ejum n'obi!
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Ozegbe(m): 7:30am On Feb 16, 2012
please whose got a link to download this video to phone?
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Ozegbe(m): 7:34am On Feb 16, 2012
how did they get tis video? or did somebody knew it was about about to go off
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 16, 2012
mehhhhhhnnnnn lipsrsealed angry shocked sad cry
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by phlame(m): 8:03am On Feb 16, 2012
Winnerslfc:

U guys shud stop blamin the innocent hero pls. Why are u people sayin all diz about our poor here eh? He just thought it was a parcel loaded with 20 naira so he went to chek it out. Hahahahahahahaha

:icon_lol:

LOL  I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING,
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by texazzpete(m): 8:28am On Feb 16, 2012
Can you people stop insulting the dead cop?

there is no indication that he tried to disarm the bomb so lightly protected. What is seen from the Video is that after his initial scan, he tried to cut away the bag to display the contents. Who knows if he'd have tried to defuse the actual bomb itself.

Either way, he's dead now. May he RIP.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Xionez(m): 8:48am On Feb 16, 2012
A video showing the state of the Nigeria Police.

-No professional training.
-No equipment to tackle even the easiest situations. They just have Vehicles, Guns and A4 papers to their name.
-No branches or dedicated Units. They are chamaleons capable of handling any situation as THEY SEE FIT else its OYO!!!

Imagine this waste of life, heck a Sniper in their ranks should be called in to take out the IED. Or they should do what they know best, waste bullets on the IED to trigger an explosion.
But still, i should be talking of OUR Nigeria Police.
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by RichyBlacK(m): 9:16am On Feb 16, 2012
Nigeria, a very useless country!
Re: Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna by Ejiekwu1(m): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2012
its rather unfortunate that we always want to make a somebody a scape goat before knowing the right thing to do. may the officers soul R.I P

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Congratulates Atiku, Asks God To Bless Him / Frame-Up: FG Issues Statement On Obasanjo's Looming 'Arrest' & 'Detention' / New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.