Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8664297 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
elampiro:
Mata has scored goals against rubbished low teams and still lost most of the games. He is always neglecting his number 10 duty and occupying strikers position. He left us worse than he met us last season. I see no value for his addition both last term and now.

He is a waste of space. He should be playing for Sundowns or Chiefs of South Africa.

how come fatso isn't scoring against lower teams? fatso is a waste of time. he cannot pass, he cannot even make clearances. he doesn't create enough chances and to be honest, rooney is just shyte!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
coogar:

that's the only option otherwise they would injure his £30m investment. that mangala is a gorilla. good luck to any striker going against that freak of nature!

it's a learning process for van gaal.
he must toughen his players up - the united team of the past easily adapt. if the opponents want to play ball, keane & scholes are ready. if the opponents want a civil war, keane & scholes are even readier.

daley blind & herrera have to be told to go harder in whatever they do. throw the elbows, kick as hard as they can. they must build a reputation as henchmen. only then would opponents fear them.
Yeah, I also think either LvG or Giggs should start standing at the touchline.

At 2-3, we needed him there to shout at the officials for such poor decision and the team for direction
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
elampiro:

Mata has scored goals against rubbished low teams and still lost most of the games. He is always neglecting his number 10 duty and occupying strikers position. He left us worse than he met us last season. I see no value for his addition both last term and now.

He is a waste of space. He should be playing for Sundowns or Chiefs of South Africa.

Pls return our thing, we no dey do again..

ah ah, Na Chelsea best player for 2 seasons you dey insult like this Guy, Guy, Guy... angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 22, 2014
Memphis Depay ooo. Preferring him to 'Fatso' and RVP. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Brisingr(m): 12:28am On Sep 22, 2014
SailorXY:
i think Blackett just took himself out of the team with that suspension. he's done very well, no dount, but again his lack of experience showed @ the nervy moments for the team. by the time it is due, Rojo, Smalling & Evans will be taking turns @ CB while Shaw would have held the LB lock-down
true talk,when eventually Jones comeback he might not even be considered anymore.
He has been our best defender so far this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:19am On Sep 22, 2014
MrTA: So in a match where we scored 3 goals away from home and we lost due to lack of steel in midfield and defence its the attack and the strikers we're discussing?

I tire oh... LVG says we didn't control possession; but he forgets that in a game that you cannot control, defence has to be at its best and solid! Does he just teach these lads how to pass, pass, pass and not how to defend!? Is this how we will struggle whenever we cannot control possession!
There needs to be a frigging plan-B for feck' sakes angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2014
coogar:

how come fatso isn't scoring against lower teams? fatso is a waste of time. he cannot pass, he cannot even make clearances. he doesn't create enough chances and to be honest, rooney is just shyte!!!

Your 'Chelsea Reject' is a calamity. He can never match Rooney's goals record.

Rooney was outstanding from the hole yesterday. He was absolutely magnificent with nice touches,n drives and touches. He provided playing options to all our attacking moves. It is a sacrilege to mention Mata after Rooney's performance yesterday. You may mention Mata some other day, but with Rooney's form now, that day mightt never come.

Rooney performed ten times than Mata who was very fresh and Rooney had been on for 75mins. Mata is Mourinho's biggest maga on us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2014
Bimfo:

Pls return our thing, we no dey do again..

ah ah, Na Chelsea best player for 2 seasons you dey insult like this Guy, Guy, Guy... angry

Chelsea's reject. Mourinho's maga on Man United.

If you value him so much. Make a Fabregas swap + £15m on top of Mata. Gaal will be glad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 7:04am On Sep 22, 2014
Wondering how the MUFC faithfuls are feeling this morning after that mauling yesterday........... undecided

Last week, Yeah we will win the title....... grin

This week, errm we are not sure .......... shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:09am On Sep 22, 2014
RuuDie:

I tire oh... LVG says we didn't control possession; but he forgets that in a game that you cannot control, defence has to be at its best and solid! Does he just teach these lads how to pass, pass, pass and not how to defend!? Is this how we will struggle whenever we cannot control possession!
There needs to be a frigging plan-B for feck' sakes angry
Our defenders were too soft. Most aerial ball on our half were won by Leicester players. Blackett was outmuscled in the air for the 4th goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:22am On Sep 22, 2014
Odunharry: Next 10 games
Manutd vs westham
Manutd vs Everton
Westbrom vs Manutd
Manutd vs Chelsea
Mancity vs Manutd
Manutd vs Crystal palace
Arsenal vs Manutd
Manutd vs Hull
Manutd vs stoke
southampton vs Manutd
Manutd vs liverpool

the major threat there is going to Etihad...
I knw we cant loose at Emirate

i see no reason why we shouldnot be top 4 by december

so u playing teams like leceister and struggling, yet u think these teams u listed are going to be a stroll?

impressive levels of delusion even for this thread.
only on NL do we have dreamers who think a team that was 7th last year will simply waltz into top 4 with ease simply because...? smh

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:26am On Sep 22, 2014
^
All these are what the new players have to learn. Even Gaal. There are more physical teams in the EPL than soft sides like QPR. This was why I rang the alarm bell after the QPR victory. If we had played Leicester before QPR, we would have taken 6 points. Once we went 2 goals up, our boys felt it was going to be another massacre for us, and Rojo allowed an easy pass to an opponents. He should had fouled him.

* Man United has never before lost an EPL match we went two nil up. Our old guys wouldn't have allowed this, but it's a learning curve for the new boys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:31am On Sep 22, 2014
In fact it looks like Gaal has shattered one of our finest records. As far back as I know, United has never lost an EPL match we went two goals up. Once we are two up, we are done.

A new coach in a new terrain emphasizing too much on attacking play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhellake: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2014
When the fixtures came out, Man U fans were like; Sure 15 points, now we know better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:33am On Sep 22, 2014
elampiro: In fact it looks like Gaal has shattered one of our finest records. As far back as I know, United has never lost an EPL match we went two goals up. Once we are two up, we are done.

A new coach in a new terrain emphasizing too much on attacking play.
Lesson for him. He will keep learning.

He should also borrow a leaf from SAF in talking against officials whenever wrong decisions go against him. He even refused to say anything about it in his post-match talk. Fergie would've blamed only Clatten for yesterday's loss. Same way he spoke against Clatten's poor officiatings against United before the game at Stamford and in trying not to be vindicated, we know the rest.

We've had games our penalty appeals have been waved aside and we saw that against Rafael. Maybe cos he has said nothing on previous appeals. He should start talking to keep the officials on their toes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2014
chrisley024: Lesson for him. He will keep learning.

He should also borrow a leaf from SAF in talking against officials whenever wrong decisions go against him. He even refused to say anything about it in his post-match talk. Fergie would've blamed only Clatten for yesterday's loss. Same way he spoke against Clatten's poor officiatings against United before the game at Stamford and in trying not to be vindicated, we know the rest.

We've had games our penalty appeals have been waved aside and we saw that against Rafael. Maybe cos he has said nothing on previous appeals. He should start talking to keep the officials on their toes.

We could have won two matches out of our first three if not for poor decisions from the referee. Young ought to have won two penalties already. Then a certain hand ball prevented one of our goals from going in then.

Man United should document these things and do a private letter to the Premier League governing body.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2014
elampiro:

We could have won two matches out of our first three if not for poor decisions from the referee. Young ought to have won two penalties already. Then a certain hand ball prevented one of our goals from going in then.

Man United should document these things and do a private letter to the Premier League governing body.
Think I prefer the bashing through the media. It carries more weight. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:59am On Sep 22, 2014
If you ask me, I would say Man United should forget hoping on young players. Only extremely talented youths that should be given opportunities. Not more than one at a time.

How many young players can break into Barca, Madrid, City and Chelsea? These young guys will always make costly mistakes. See how long we have been waiting for Phil Jones, Smalling, Cleverley to come up. But they always get injured and start all afresh. We should be going for established players. Players like Januzaj and Blackett should come up slowly into an already solidified team. If you play Iheanacho in Man City vs Leicester, he won't drag them down because of the ten other men surrounding him.

But I trust Gaal to learn from this season. He might be forced to go to woodward for a player in January. I think only Jones and Rafael and I trust for now. Shaw will most likely be strong. And injury must come in.

I will still want to give Rojo a chance. He needs to seat back more and the back four should play closely, not loosely.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:08am On Sep 22, 2014
elampiro:

Your 'Chelsea Reject' is a calamity. He can never match Rooney's goals record.

Rooney was outstanding from the hole yesterday. He was absolutely magnificent with nice touches,n drives and touches. He provided playing options to all our attacking moves. It is a sacrilege to mention Mata after Rooney's performance yesterday. You may mention Mata some other day, but with Rooney's form now, that day mightt never come.

Rooney performed ten times than Mata who was very fresh and Rooney had been on for 75mins. Mata is Mourinho's biggest maga on us.

rooney in the hole yesterday.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1724366_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

of all the players that started in the front 6, rooney was the worst player....wayne rooney is the most useless player in the squad as we speak. we shoulda sold him to chelsea!

6.4 from opta has to be the poorest any united player in the hole has recorded in the history of the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:46am On Sep 22, 2014
elampiro: If you ask me, I would say Man United should forget hoping on young players. Only extremely talented youths that should be given opportunities. Not more than one at a time.

How many young players can break into Barca, Madrid, City and Chelsea? These young guys will always make costly mistakes. See how long we have been waiting for Phil Jones, Smalling, Cleverley to come up. But they always get injured and start all afresh. We should be going for established players. Players like Januzaj and Blackett should come up slowly into an already solidified team. If you play Iheanacho in Man City vs Leicester, he won't drag them down because of the ten other men surrounding him.

But I trust Gaal to learn from this season. He might be forced to go to woodward for a player in January. I think only Jones and Rafael and I trust for now. Shaw will most likely be strong. And injury must come in.

I will still want to give Rojo a chance. He needs to seat back more and the back four should play closely, not loosely.
Yeah, just like Blackett, two costly mistakes; 2nd Swansea goal and yesterday. Being our best CB so far shows the shyte we've as CBs.

Two good and experienced CBs needed asap.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2014
coogar:

rooney in the hole yesterday.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1724366_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

of all the players that started in the front 5, rooney was the worst player....wayne rooney is the most useless player in the squad as we speak. we shoulda sold him to chelsea!

6.4 from opta has to be the poorest any united player in the hole has recorded in the history of the club.

Where were you when Kagawa was recording 5.8 last season even without being marked with errors and yellow card?

Rooney perfomance from the hole yesterday is the best we have seen so far.

Rafael is 5.9. Valencia has never recorded below 6 in the number 2. Rafael must be the worst number in Man United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2014
Coogar were you when Mata had been recording 6.3, 6.4 etc?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2014
elampiro:
Where were you when Kagawa was recording 5.8 last season even without being marked with errors and yellow card?

no one is talking about kagawa here, you have lied to us that rooney gave an outstanding performance yesterday but opta disagrees with you. rooney was the lowest rated in the front 6.

Rooney perfomance from the hole yesterday is the best we have seen so far.
Rafael is 5.9. Valencia has never recorded below 6 in the number 2. Rafael must be the worst number in Man United.

mata has played in that position a couple of times this season, what was his rating? go on your favourite site and scoop it out.

time after time after time, i keep showing you up as a football novice. even if coogar is lying about his assessment, was opta lying too? a whole £300k/week player getting outperformed by herrera & blind.

shame on rooney!!!!

elampiro: Coogar were you when Mata had been recording 6.3, 6.4 etc?

mata recording 6.3 & 6.4 with 2 world class strikers ahead of him? stop lying, abeg....if mata had falcao & RVP ahead of him, he would create 12 key passes.

rooney failed last night contrary to your assertion. opta has proved me right. it doesn't even matter what mata has done in the past - the single most important fact is - rooney was our poorest forward last night of all the starting players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:07am On Sep 22, 2014
Falcao was subbed for fitness reasons and marouane back in training(dunno if I should be happy about this or not tbh)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2014
PietroRico: Falcao was subbed for fitness reasons and marouane back in training(dunno if I should be happy about this or not tbh)
Wish it was Jones. We need him most.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2014
chrisley024: Wish it was Jones. We need him most.
I swear. How long is his injury again sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 22, 2014
Don't I just love Citeh fans? Omo see first class trolling grin grin cheesy

United We Fall - In Cinemas Soon...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:47am On Sep 22, 2014
Another disastrous season looming.......... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2014
coogar:

no one is talking about kagawa here, you have lied to us that rooney gave an outstanding performance yesterday but opta disagrees with you. rooney was the lowest rated in the front 6.

mata has played in that position a couple of times this season, what was his rating? go on your favourite site and scoop it out.

time after time after time, i keep showing you up as a football novice. even if coogar is lying about his assessment, was opta lying too? a whole £300k/week player getting outperformed by herrera & blind.

shame on rooney!!!!

mata recording 6.3 & 6.4 with 2 world class strikers ahead of him? stop lying, abeg....if mata had falcao & RVP ahead of him, he would create 12 key passes.

rooney failed last night contrary to your assertion. opta has proved me right. it doesn't even matter what mata has done in the past - the single most important fact is - rooney was our poorest forward last night of all the starting players.

* Rooney did well to have rated 6.4 with an 'E' tagged on him. Players with error leading to a goal tagged on them most often end up with 5. ratings. And Rooney got a yellow too which got about 0.5 off his rating again. Rooney is a football guru. Our undisputable best forward in the last two matches.

* lol. I thought you said no man United player has ever rated below 6.5 from the hole. No wyou shift goal post. So you think RVP is a world class striker ATM? If he had scored those chances to help us with an away victory, everyone would have recorded above 8. rating on whoscored.

* RVP is a waste of space.
Rooney touches of the ball = 90 times. 3rd behind Herrera and Rojo.
RVP played 90 mins and touched the ball only 39 times, he was only above DDG who touched 32 times. Falcao who played 72 mins touched more than RVP.

* RVP had only 28 passes and still recorded 82% pass accuracy. Rooney had 71 passes and recorded 83% pass accuracy. Rooney had only 7 long balls and 4 were accurate. Now he is the master of short passes.

Rooney 2 interceptions, 2 tackles. RVP 0 tackles, 0 interceptions. Falcao, 1 interception. Rooney one effective clearance, RVP hil.

In a very inetrractive game, RVP was hiding.

Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2014
I cant get my head round how a team worth about £150m with a plethora of big names, will go 3 - 1 up in a football match against an average side and still end up losing the game 5 - 3!

Van Gaal should be docked this week's wages, same as all of the players.... MUFC is a joke.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wonlasewonimi: 11:08am On Sep 22, 2014
thank God Falcao didnt play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2014
elampiro:
* Rooney did well to have rated 6.4 with an 'E' tagged on him. Players with error leading to a goal tagged on them most often end up with 5. ratings. And Rooney got a yellow too which got about 0.5 off his rating again. Rooney is a football guru. Our undisputable best forward in the last two matches.
* lol. I thought you said no man United player has ever rated below 6.5 from the hole. No wyou shift goal post. So you think RVP is a world class striker ATM? If he had scored those chances to help us with an away victory, everyone would have recorded above 8. rating on whoscored.
* RVP is a waste of space.
Rooney touches of the ball = 90 times. 3rd behind Herrera and Rojo.
RVP played 90 mins and touched the ball only 39 times, he was only above DDG who touched 32 times. Falcao who played 72 mins touched more than RVP.
* RVP had only 28 passes and still recorded 82% pass accuracy. Rooney had 71 passes and recorded 83% pass accuracy. Rooney had only 7 long balls and 4 were accurate. Now he is the master of short passes.
Rooney 2 interceptions, 2 tackles. RVP 0 tackles, 0 interceptions. Falcao, 1 interception. Rooney one effective clearance, RVP hil.

In a very inetrractive game, RVP was hiding.
Ukwu!!!
My problem with Rooney yesterday was his shouting at the defence(to Blackett in particular) at 3-3. That doesn't show leadership.

See how this write-up puts it:
One of the abiding images from the match will be the sight of Rooney furiously screaming at his team-mates after the Foxes had equalised to make it 3-3, showing a complete lack of self-awareness given he had conceded possession in the first place in the build-up.

It was not the mark of true leadership but an angry vent from a player who has never been considered a natural leader and has already let his selfishness and greed shine through at United on at least two occasions with contract stand-offs.
Funnily enough, the man he appeared to single out for the most criticism for that third goal - 20-year-old rookie Tyler Blackett - was later sent-off after conceding a penalty. It's hard to imagine Rooney's rant did much good for his mental state.

Rooney would have been better off worrying about his own game. Save for a simple pass to set up Angel Di Maria's stunning goal, the United and England captain was clumsy, clunky and predictable.
While Juan Mata started on the bench and Di Maria and Radamel Falcao ended on it, Rooney enjoyed the 'privilege' of staying on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Mikechinos(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.