Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8660591 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) ... (14137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:18am On Sep 23, 2014
Fussbot: Seriously?nobody is complaining about de gea?

Any ball that goes towards him is a goal!smh

Nah. Sounds more like a certain Courtois grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:24am On Sep 23, 2014
elampiro:

World greatest footballers ever have played with pace and power.
Pele
Maradona
Ronaldo
Messi
Di Lima

The greatest assets of these guys is INTELLIGENCE not pace and power!

De Lima once said to Carlos Queiroz when he complained that he was eating too much, "Mister, I am a footballer not a sprinter..."

Pace + power without brains is just so ANTHONY VALENCIA-ish... and these guys were / are not that!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2014
LvG should pls add Fellaini to the bench if he's fit for when the ball starts flying in the air.

Our fullbacks also need protection.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2014
chrisley024: LvG should pls add Fellaini to the bench if he's fit for when the ball starts flying in the air.

Our fullbacks also need protection.

Seconded - a plan B is very much needed - and route-1 footie can be very productive atimes if you got someone who can play it well grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 8:13am On Sep 23, 2014
Odunharry: NO BACKBONE , NO LEADERSHIP

I prefer mata in the hole..Gaal knows Falcao is better than Rooney upfront.
Gaal doesnt bench his captain..

I guess Rvp will sit on d bench then or mata

As things stand, i think RVP should be made the scape goat.... One game, lets see Falcao and Rooney!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:17am On Sep 23, 2014
RuuDie:

Seconded - a plan B is very much needed - and route-1 footie can be very productive atimes if you got someone who can play it well grin
grin grin that's not the united way grin grin smh

the attack is doing fine, but maybe we can use it to counter tactics of some agbero teams
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2014
SailorXY:

the attack is doing fine, but maybe we can use it to counter tactics of some agbero teams
Yeah, I didn't mean for the attack but for the defence against aerial ball.

Ofcourse we know what to expect from W'ham at the dearth time if the scoreline difference isn't much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

As things stand, i think RVP should be made the scape goat.... One game, lets see Falcao and Rooney!
dat wat i wanna see also..if Rooney underperform na bench straight make them carry am go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2014
A lot has been said recently about our struggling fùllbacks.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that we operate a diamond midfield system, a formation whose trademark is lack of meaningful width.

Our fullbacks therefore lack appropriate protection.
Dimaria in that LCM position did all he could! But he is no machine. There's no way he can combine playing as a cm and winger. He did offer some degree of protection because of his winger instinct but ultimately got exhausted early.

Herrera on the RCM offered no such protection to rafael.
His own instinct is to always drift into the middle (while we are attacking or defending)

We will get destroyed like this repeatedly if we come across any quality team that plays with width.
That's the long and short of the whole thing.

Its not compulsory for Rvp, falcao and rooney to start 2geda.
I've had enough of shifting from pillar to post to accommodate players.

433 is the answer.

For teams that aren't bullies, a midfield 3 of mata, herrera and blind will do (with matà béing the most advanced)
But for very physical teams, herrera, carrick and blind wit herrera being the most advanced.

Rvp should slug it out with falcao for the striking position while rooney and di maria man our wings.

That way we can bring rvp/falcao (whoever didn't start)
alongside adnan [playing in his most comfortable position(s) ] in place of rooney/dimaria to either give any of the aforementioned rest or as impact subs when the starting players are having off days.

The 4 1 2 1 2 alongside 3 5 2 should remain options.
433 is the way!

Dimaria nai dey even make this diamond midfield system tick to this extent.
the boy is exceptional.
Withouth his drive and energy, mk dons like teams go dey hammer us for fun, even with falcao et all on the field.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:24am On Sep 23, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

If we are truly honest with ourselves, we will see that there's only one thing about UTD that hasn't changed over the years - from the twilight years of SAF, Moyes and now to LVG. we have 'scape-goated' many but yet still haven't really 'changed'! So if we really want to 'change' and actually do something different, then that 'constant' has to removed!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2014
SailorXY:

Which other UTD way are you talking about? Pass wide to the wingers and deliver crosses into the box - how is that different from hoofing it up-field from the back to a big target man crazy-dons style grin

Anyway, I meant is an alternative in situations that have gotten dire; especially when we eventually get to Europe!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:29am On Sep 23, 2014
RuuDie:

If we are truly honest with ourselves, we will see that there's only one thing about UTD that hasn't changed over the years - from the twilight years of SAF, Moyes and now to LVG. we have 'scape-goated' many but yet still haven't really 'changed'! So if we really want to 'change' and actually do something different, then that 'constant' has to removed!

I mentioned something along the lines of the above yesterday when i was back and forthing with Coogar on the Rooney saga.

You have a massive point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:31am On Sep 23, 2014
As regards the johny evans issue.
He is ONLY having a poor run of form.
He is quality and will come good in a very short while

I'm very sure.

Anyone who has been observant enough would notice that his performances are actually getting better and better.

Smalling isn't any better.
Smalling is only useful when we need to defend deep or when we're playing against 'flai
r-less' teams that rely on aerial bombardments.

As impressive as blackett has been, I believe we haven't seen the last of his costly errors.
His intro should be slowed down for his own good.

Evans and jones ( when fit and inform ) remain our safest pair.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:34am On Sep 23, 2014
@ pietroRico

The short-term answer for me is using Rojo's aggression and ability to commit fouls to full effect in the middle of the park and use Blind more at LB/LWB or CB. He (Rojo) may pick up a few cards along the way, but I think some of the opposing players will also be mindful that they may be one 'Rojo-tackle' away from an injury!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2014
Odunharry: Van Gaal: Falcao can do a better job upfront than Rooney

Louis van Gaal has backed Radamel
Falcao to perform better than Wayne
Rooney up-front. The Manchester United captain was
forced to play in attacking midfield
against Leicester City at the weekend,
rather than in his usual starting
position up-front, to accommodate
Falcao. Van Gaal believes this is because his new Colombian attacker can offer United an improvement on the performances that Rooney has given so far. "We have played well but can improve and I was not so satisfied with Rooney as a striker... and that’s why I’m changing," he said to the Guardian. “Rooney can play in more positions, he’s a multi-functional player and I have tried him in a striker’s position.
He’s played well but not spectacular
and Falcao is a striker and I think he
can do it better.”

LvG eye don dey open small small. We agree Rooney has a high work rate, but that's not what we want from a player in the hole. Brute force will only get you so far.

Players like Roberto Baggio have said he plays 80% with his brain and 20% with his feet, that's what we want from the hole, I guess most of our players in that position lack something to function in that hole.

Mata is intelligent but can be bullied of the ball, Rooney is just interested in pinging balls to left/right to no one in particular and thinks he is being intelligent. Maybe we shud play Di Maria or Herrera in that hole self, they seem to be better suited for that position.

LvG will soon regret making Rooney the captain if care is not taken, since his captain must play and Rooney would be found out to be master of no particular position and there would be a player better than him in every position they want to push him to.

RVP also has not impressed at all, maybe because he was absent in pre season, but I think his form has been suspect since after the group stages at the WC.

We have enough striker, but lack creativity in the hole and when we deploy players with insufficient intelligence or soft players there, the team suffers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:39am On Sep 23, 2014
RuuDie: @ pietroRico

The short-term answer for me is using Rojo's aggression and ability to commit fouls to full effect in the middle of the park and use Blind more at LB/LWB or CB. He (Rojo) may pick up a few cards along the way, but I think some of the opposing players will also be mindful that they may be one 'Rojo-tackle' away from an injury!
Are u serious with this u wrote?

Then we should better use Jones
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:40am On Sep 23, 2014
[b][/b]GOAL.COM. Rooney: I'm not the player I was

The England star was handed the club captaincy in the summer but he has now admitted that his standards as a striker have declined in recent months

Sep 23, 2014 08:57:

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney has admitted that he is the not the player he once was, despite scoring two goals for the club so far this season.
Rooney was handed the club captaincy in the summer but has struggled to lead the line for the club, with United winning just one of their opening five Premier League fixtures in 2014-15.

And the England international has now admitted that he has declined in recent years and is unsure of his best position at United, with the loan signing of Radamel Falcao from Monaco casting doubt on his future as a main striker.

"I'm not the player I was," Rooney said.

"But I feel I have progressed my game. I agree with the people who say my game has changed.

"I did too much running when I was younger and then didn’t have the energy to get myself into goal-scoring positions in the box.

"I'm a cleverer player now and know when to run into the box and when not to, and as a result more chances have come my way and I've scored a lot more goals for the club.

"But I am happy to play out wide. I can do a job there and I can do a job up front. It depends on the situation of each game and what the manager wants me to do.

"I don't think anyone can put a finger on my best position, but I am adaptable. I can go into midfield, drop out wide or play up-front. It just depends on where the manager wants me to play."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2014
RuuDie: @ pietroRico

I haven't seen enough of rojo to conclude anything about him tbh.

I've seen just 2 games of his as a LB and zero as CB and the only worrying thing about him seems to be his apparent lack of defensive awareness (apparent, because as I said earlier, I haven't seen enough to conclude)

A CB without that is a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:46am On Sep 23, 2014

"I don't think anyone can put a finger on my best position, but I am adaptable. I can go into midfield, drop out wide or play up-front. It just depends on where the manager wants me to play."

translation - "i lack positional discipline" i cannot imagine messi, ronaldo, iniesta, ibrahimovic, etc coming out with this crapola.

rooney's indecision on where to play is a ploy to hide the fact he has regressed. he wants to be a striker today & a playmaker tomorrow. van gaal has to be an idïot not to drop rooney after this self-admission.

codedguy1:
LvG will soon regret making Rooney the captain if care is not taken, since his captain must play and Rooney would be found out to be master of no particular position and there would be a player better than him in every position they want to push him to.

spot on!
LVG actually said he wants players to be in their strongest position. falcao is better than rooney as a striker & LVG has actually admitted that he's not satisfied with rooney's performance as a striker cos rooney is wack in that position.

now he wants to try rooney in the hole - and that threatens mata's position in the team. i think mata should be patient. it took LVG just 4 league games to find out rooney is useless as a striker. in another 4 league games, rooney would be found out again that he's not up to the task.

slowly & gradually, rooney would be pushed further & further back till he would start dragging shirt with rojo & blackett. by christmas, he will be dragging position with anderson & marouane on the bench. it's going to be an interesting season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2014
^^ good to see rooney hammering on his willingness to play out wide.

That's the 3rd interview this season(at least) that he's stressing it.

433 is the way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2014
coogar:

translation - "i lack positional discipline" i cannot imagine messi, ronaldo, iniesta, ibrahimovic, etc coming out with this crapola.

rooney's indecision on where to play is a ploy to hide the fact he has regressed. he wants to be a striker today & a playmaker tomorrow. van gaal has to be an idïot not to drop rooney after this self-admission.
lol. That's just 1 of many perspectives
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:58am On Sep 23, 2014
liveLongNprospa: [b][/b]GOAL.COM.
His willing to sacrifice self glory for the team.
Fuq them haters
this is the hallmark of great captains
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2014
PietroRico: ^^ good to see rooney hammering on his willingness to play out wide.

That's the 3rd interview this season(at least) that he's stressing it.

433 is the way.

does he have the pace to play out wide? i hate valencia with every pint of my blood but i would rather have him than watch rooney plodding labouriously on the flanks. when was the last time you saw rooney took the ball past a marker with pace?

he single-handedly ruined LVG's plan on sunday. the diamond formation concentrates the attack in the middle. only the fullbacks(when overlapping) and the 2 strikers should be drifting wide. the 4 midfielders making the diamond should be intelligent enough to play passes that would keep the shape.

if the ball goes wide too often, it would stretch the diamond because one of di maria & herrera would want to tag-team to beat the opponents full back. if the opponents get the ball from that point, our midfield would be out of shape to deal with the counter-attack. that was why we were vulnerable each time leicester broke....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2014
I might not be a gud football analyst like coogar or elampiro but I hv been watching Rooney since d days of him playing with cr7 nd tevez AND TO BE TRUTHFUL ROONEY IS NOW AWFUL I MEAN DUDE MAKES ME WANNA LITERALLY SHIT IN HIS MOUTH IF I GET A CHANCE TO...he can't blame age..no way...coz ibra is showin to d world dat being 30 is awesome as a footballer...nd for the fact that he(Wayne the cow) has cheated man u into giving him a 300k contract I feel like stepping on his soul... Elampiro pls be truthful..wud u say Rooney has gotten better or worse...nd by d way m a Madrid fan nd it pains me like dis..i wonder hw u red devil lads feel wen u watch him cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2014
PietroRico: A lot has been said recently about our struggling fùllbacks.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that we operate a diamond midfield system, a formation whose trademark is lack of meaningful width.

Our fullbacks therefore lack appropriate protection.
Dimaria in that LCM position did all he could! But he is no machine. There's no way he can combine playing as a cm and winger. He did offer some degree of protection because of his winger instinct but ultimately got exhausted early.

Herrera on the RCM offered no such protection to rafael.
His own instinct is to always drift into the middle (while we are attacking or defending)

We will get destroyed like this repeatedly if we come across any quality team that plays with width.
That's the long and short of the whole thing.

Its not compulsory for Rvp, falcao and rooney to start 2geda.
I've had enough of shifting from pillar to post to accommodate players.

433 is the answer.

For teams that aren't bullies, a midfield 3 of mata, herrera and blind will do (with matà béing the most advanced)
But for very physical teams, herrera, carrick and blind wit herrera being the most advanced.

Rvp should slug it out with falcao for the striking position while rooney and di maria man our wings.

That way we can bring rvp/falcao (whoever didn't start)
alongside adnan [playing in his most comfortable position(s) ] in place of rooney/dimaria to either give any of the aforementioned rest or as impact subs when the starting players are having off days.

The 4 1 2 1 2 alongside 3 5 2 should remain options.
433 is the way!

Dimaria nai dey even make this diamond midfield system tick to this extent.
the boy is exceptional.
Withouth his drive and energy, mk dons like teams go dey hammer us for fun, even with falcao et all on the field.
Very very true. That's why I believe 3-5-2 and even this recent formation will struggle in epl; it offers you only one man at the flank against two opponents so u lack width and protection for your fullbacks. Epl teams are known for wing/width football. We saw on Sunday Rafael couldn't reach the opponent's 3rd half rather was passing the ball back to Herrera who was in the mid circle.

Leicester won us by bombarding our fullbacks. Even Vardy said so after the game.

Our attack is ticking cos of Di maria and the guy is being over worked. Most times we see him moving with the ball from from the mid to the opponent's box and he will hardly last 90mins playing this way. I wish LvG would move him upfront to manage/conserve his energy while also being effective and lasting till FT.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2014
liveLongNprospa: I might not be a gud football analyst like coogar or elampiro but I hv been watching Rooney since d days of him playing with cr7 nd tevez AND TO BE TRUTHFUL ROONEY IS NOW AWFUL I MEAN DUDE MAKES ME WANNA LITERALLY SHIT IN HIS MOUTH IF I GET A CHANCE TO...he can't blame age..no way...coz ibra is showin to d world dat being 30 is awesome as a footballer...nd for the fact that he(Wayne the cow) has cheated man u into giving him a 300k contract I feel like stepping on his soul... Elampiro pls be truthful..wud u say Rooney has gotten better or worse...nd by d way m a Madrid fan nd it pains me like dis..i wonder hw u red devil lads feel wen u watch him cry

you have observed correctly - we are now witnessing the decline of that young player that bursted into the scene in 2003. back then, an angry rooney spells doom for the opponents. he was pacy, strong on the ball, excellent dribbling skills and he could shoot from anywhere on the pitch and score.

he was piss poor on sunday.....
this was how another journo described his shambolic display against leicester.

ROONEY'S RULE

Ranting and raving like a Scouse John Terry following Esteban Cambiasso's equaliser, Wayne Rooney launched the pram, rather than the toys, as he moaned at Rojo, Blackett and Daley Blind. The irony was Rooney was to blame for Leicester's leveller.

Van Gaal's peculiar substitutions upset United's shape, deprived them of Ángel di María's pace and left Rooney on the pitch. The United captain is adamant his best position is "behind" the strikers but even Van Gaal doesn't sound convinced.

Rooney was poor again at Leicester as the No.10. Careless on the ball, he slowed down the play, wasted oxygen moaning at the referee, and began to resemble Jack Nicholson's increasingly volatile temper in A Few Good Men. He couldn't handle the truth.

Already, Van Gaal has said "my captain shall always play". Rooney is fortunate to have that privilege after and at times acrimonious four years, irrespective of his increasingly ineffectual performances and he has not revelled as a playmaker since a stint behind Javier Hernández over three years ago.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2014
coogar:

does he have the pace to play out wide? i hate valencia with every pint of my blood but i would rather have him than watch rooney plodding labouriously on the flanks. when was the last time you saw rooney took the ball past a marker with pace?
. He spoke of his adaptability.
If he believes he is adaptable, then we'll have to wait for him to prove otherwise before brushing that off. If he isn't, it won't take long for him to be exposed.

He may have lost pace but he still has loads of energy to burn.(Essential quality for a winger)
That together with his footballing brain(I know you think he has none. Lol ) will mean there is a real chance of it working.

he single-handedly ruined LVG's plan on sunday. the diamond formation concentrates the attack in the middle. only the fullbacks(when overlapping) and the 2 strikers should be drifting wide. the 4 midfielders making the diamond should be intelligent enough to play passes that would keep the shape.

if the ball goes wide too often, it would stretch the diamond because one of di maria & herrera would want to tag-team to beat the opponents full back. if the opponents get the ball from that point, our midfield would be out of shape to deal with the counter-attack. that was why we were vulnerable each time leicester broke....
true

But I think you are laying too much emphasis on rooney's role in that defeat tbh.
The inexperience of our defenders was the bigger cause. (They lost their heads after that useless ref's decision)
That's what you are supposed to be hammering on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:23am On Sep 23, 2014
PietroRico: . He spoke of his adaptability.
If he believes he is adaptable, then we'll have to wait for him to prove otherwise before brushing that off. If he isn't, it won't take long for him to be exposed.

He may have lost pace but he still has loads of energy to burn.(Essential quality for a winger)
That together with his footballing brain(I know you think he has none. Lol ) will mean there is a real chance of it working.

true

But I think you are laying too much emphasis on rooney's role in that defeat tbh.
The inexperience of our defenders was the bigger cause. (They lost their heads after that useless ref's decision)

That's what you are supposed to be hammering on.

who's the captain? who's the most experienced united player on the pitch after the referee's decision? rooney was protesting to the referee when he should be geeing the players up & telling them to calm their nerves,

a true captain would have run into the net to pick the ball up & run to the centre circle to restart - that gesture alone would have done more good than rooney wasting his time trying to convince clatterburg. once penalty is given, is there any point arguing? would the ref change his mind cos rooney was arguing?

the equaliser was what broke the camel's back. rooney spread panic in the young defence by screaming like a rhesus monkey while he was at fault for the goal. screaming is acceptable but not when the screamer is the culprit. rooney lost his head & blackett was never the same again after that incident.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:24am On Sep 23, 2014
SIRcumalot:
His willing to sacrifice self glory for the team.
Fuq them haters
this is the hallmark of great captains

Is this not the same Rooney that was complaining about being played on the flanks, now he wants to willingly play in the same wide position or anywhere the coach plays him.

Rooney should now be used like Mourinho uses Mikel, when we are 5goals up, Rooney should come in to use his energy to wear the opponents down. He can choose wherever he wants to play when he comes in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2014
codedguy1:

Is this not the same Rooney that was complaining about being played on the flanks, now he wants to willingly play in the same wide position or anywhere the coach plays him.

Rooney should now be used like Mourinho uses Mikel, when we are 5goals up, Rooney should come in to use his energy to wear the opponents down. He can choose wherever he wants to play when he comes in.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:44am On Sep 23, 2014
It's worth saying that Di Maria and Herrera won as many tackles as our whole backline against Leicester (5).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:52am On Sep 23, 2014
chrisley024: Are u serious with this u wrote?

Then we should better use Jones

PietroRico: I haven't seen enough of rojo to conclude anything about him tbh.
I've seen just 2 games of his as a LB and zero as CB and the only worrying thing about him seems to be his apparent lack of defensive awareness (apparent, because as I said earlier, I haven't seen enough to conclude)
A CB without that is a disaster waiting to happen.

Yes, I am serious... in defensive midfield we need to have players who are not afraid to foul the opponent high up the pitch. Maybe it is still early days, but Blind, Carrick, Herrera these guys are way to 'gentle', focusing more on how to 'intercept' and win the ball cleanly forgetting that a certain degree of dirty is allowed too. UTD need a 'destroyer' and I mean that literally! Someone to just sit there and STOP the invaders getting in legally or otherwise.
Its like we forget that sometimes committing a foul contributes to breaking up whatever momentum that the opposition is building. Earlier folks mentioned Nigel De Jong as a candidate to buy - what exactly would De Jong have brought besides this!?

If Jones can do it, fine... but for me, Rojo is it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) ... (14137) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Baldg, eph12(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.