Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8658847 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) ... (14137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patrice Evra has issued a stunning swipe at his old club Manchester United, questioning the commitment of the players.

"Now there are so many strong players, but I do not know if they are for Manchester - for this club you have to sacrifice everything, that is the culture that I had rediscovered at Juve.

"I live in the present, because the past is a door to regrets and the future is one to anxiety. And I do not sell dreams to the fans, but, why not?

“It’s a competition that is so crazy that is seems incredible to have played in four finals.”

[Source: La Repubblica]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Patrice Evra: Alex Ferguson was desperate to keep Paul Pogba at Utd
ESPN Staff
September 29, 2014

Juventus left-back Patrice Evra says that Sir Alex Ferguson was powerless to prevent Paul Pogba from leaving Manchester United and was fully aware of the midfielder's precocious ability.

- Gullit 'amazed' United didn't sign defenders

Evra, 33, followed in Pogba's footsteps by joining the Bianconeri from United earlier this summer and hopes that he can enjoy similar success at the Italian champions after eight successful years at Old Trafford.

The France international says he is delighted to have teamed up with Pogba once again and has revealed his admiration for Ferguson, under whom he won five Premier League titles and the Champions League.

"'La Pioche' [Pogba] is like a son to me," Evra told La Repubblica. "Sir Alex Ferguson sent me to his house to convince him to stay [at Manchester United] -- he wept, he did not sleep, because he knew that he could become better than Vieira, but he had decided.

"Ferguson knew that Pogba would become very strong, but also that he could not force the issue.

"Ferguson was at the heart of everything, he made sure that United was a family with a culture, a philosophy -- we won for this, not because we were the most talented.

"I also say this of the Glazers -- it takes a family, one that respects the history of the club, who feels the pressure of the past.

"I have suffered a lot for David Moyes, a great person, but even with Ryan Giggs [as caretaker at the end of last season] things were different."

Moyes' successor Louis van Gaal spent over 150 million pounds on the likes of Angel Di Maria, Radamel Falcao, Daley Blind, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera this summer -- but Evra is unsure whether they possess the strength of character required to convert United back into the frontrunners of English football.

"Now there are so many strong players, but I do not know if they are for Manchester -- for this club you have to sacrifice everything. That is the culture that I had rediscovered at Juve."

Evra has started three of Juventus' five consecutive league victories this season and the France international hopes that under the tutelage of Massimiliano Allegri, the Old Lady can finally challenge for the Champions League title.

"I live in the present, because the past is a door to regrets and the future is one to anxiety. And I do not sell dreams to the fans, but, why not?

"It's a competition that is so crazy that is seems incredible to have played in four finals."
http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=2060596&lang=EN&wjb=
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
elampiro:

We are playing at home.

This is a must win to boost our confidence for the West Brom game. It will be nice to get 6 points from these two matches knowing what awaits afterwards.

Elampiro.. You seem very comfy with our midfield - I guess The blind/Herrera combo is delivering loads of pace and pawa abi? cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dadehmola:

Elampiro.. You seem very comfy with our midfield - I guess The blind/Herrera combo is delivering loads of pace and pawa abi? cheesy grin

Di Maria is the engine Room. His ability to carry the ball through the midfield with so much pace and dribbling into the fianl third is the magic. The only regret is that he is not able to do it for 90 mins, he gets tired. Remires used to do it for Chelsea in his own way, and that helped Mata.

The reason I am confident is that we are playing against a team that plays on the ground. So we should do it better since we have the superior quality. Herrera is by no way a slow player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
At least I can vouch that Di Maria is sacrificing everything. lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
StarBoard: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2773457/Nemanja-Vidic-Rio-Ferdinand-Manchester-United-s-bedrock-suffered-nightmare-starts-Inter-Milan-QPR.html
Interesting read.
Could we have waited another year before discarding the duo?

they went to shyte teams though......imagine if rio had gone to juventus and vidic went to bayern........you would never find such headlines. if hummels plays for QPR, he would get gangräped every match-day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:

they went to shyte teams though......imagine if rio had gone to juventus and vidic went to bayern........you would never find such headlines. if hummels plays for QPR, he would get gangräped every match-day.

Probably they wont make the team at top clubs, especially Rio who wont even make it at Paderborn since he is always covered by good players at United

Kompany has been named EPL best defender for ages yet gets rapeed anytime he steps out to Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
raumdeuter:
Probably they wont make the team at top clubs, especially Rio who wont even make it at Paderborn since he is always covered by good players at United

rio was the best EPL defender in 12/13 season. you talk a lot of shyte to be taken seriously.

Kompany has been named EPL best defender for ages yet gets rapeed anytime he steps out to Europe

which ages? tell us the ages!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kompany has been regarded as one of EPL best since 2010/2011. He has made team of the season 3 seasons in the last 4

Yet he has consistently been one of the worst performers in Europe in that same time frame.

European strikers lick their chops whenever its time to face Kompany
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
raumdeuter: Kompany has been regarded as one of EPL best since 2010/2011. He has made team of the season 3 seasons in the last 4

Yet he has consistently been one of the worst performers in Europe in that same time frame.

European strikers lick their chops whenever its time to face Kompany

so kompany who has been in england since 2008 managed to be in the EPL team of the season 3 times is now the best thing since sliced bread?

go & find out how many times vidic & rio have made team of the season. terry, cahill, koscielny, etc are better than kompany.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
Jonny evans named in our u21 starting 11 for this evening's game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:

so kompany who has been in england since 2008 managed to be in the EPL team of the season 3 times is now the best thing since sliced bread?

go & find out how many times vidic & rio have made team of the season. terry, cahill, koscielny, etc are better than kompany.

Kompany has made 3 of the last 4 EPL team of the season

WHich of Koscielny, Cahill and Terry has made it to the list 3 times in the last 4 seasons

EPL raters have Kompany consistently as tops and he is regularly molested by his European opponent regularly.

I can say even Brigit Prinz would sodomize him steadily yet he's EPL best defender of the past 5 season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tonididdy(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
in other news: even tho I don't give a phuck

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
@ DK

That is largely due to his position as Citeh's captain in two title winning seasons in that period.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
raumdeuter:
Kompany has made 3 of the last 4 EPL team of the season

by the virtue of the club he plays for - which has finished comfortably above chelsea & arsënal in the last 3-4 seasons. you said it yourself that he's a nobody outside the premier league.

WHich of Koscielny, Cahill and Terry has made it to the list 3 times in the last 4 seasons

but these are the ones that have shook europe. cahill reduced your strikers to pub players in the 2012 CL final. terry has won the UEFA best defender about 3 times now. isn't that a bigger achievement than kompany?

EPL raters have Kompany consistently as tops and he is regularly molested by his European opponent regularly.

his club is strong in the league but naive & inexperienced outside england. kompany isn't that good. the likes of fernandinho & yaya toure protect him. it's like saying joe hart is better than cech or begovic!

I can say even Brigit Prinz would sodomize him steadily yet he's EPL best defender of the past 5 season

i dunno where you got that from. show us any link where kompany was rated the best defender in the last 5 seasons?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
debosky: @ DK

That is largely due to his position as Citeh's captain in two title winning seasons in that period.

I disagree

2010/2011 season he was nominated when his team finished 3rd.

2011/2012 season at the time of his nomination I am not sure Citeh was even top of the table since they only won it on the last day. They were even able to get to the last day top because Manure had an epic collapse to Everton

Last yr he made the team again at a time when Chelsea and Liverpool looked more likelylike they would decide the winner between them

Last yr Only 2 teams from the champions made it, Compared to 3 from Liverpool, 2 from Southampton and 2 from Chelsea
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
raumdeuter:
I disagree

2010/2011 season he was nominated when his team finished 3rd.

2011/2012 season at the time of his nomination I am not sure Citeh was even top of the table since they only won it on the last day. They were even able to get to the last day top because Manure had an epic collapse to Everton

Last yr he made the team again at a time when Chelsea and Liverpool looked more likelylike they would decide the winner between them

Last yr Only 2 teams from the champions made it, Compared to 3 from Liverpool, 2 from Southampton and 2 from Chelsea

why wasn't he nominated in 12/13?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:

by the virtue of the club he plays for - which has finished comfortably above chelsea & arsënal in the last 3-4 seasons. you said it yourself that he's a nobody outside the premier league.

but these are the ones that have shook europe. cahill reduced your strikers to pub players in the 2012 CL final. terry has won the UEFA best defender about 3 times now. isn't that a bigger achievement than kompany?

his club is strong in the league but naive & inexperienced outside england. kompany isn't that good. the likes of fernandinho & yaya toure protect him. it's like saying joe hart is better than cech or begovic!

i dunno where you got that from. show us any link where kompany was rated the best defender in the last 5 seasons?

Kompany despite making it as EPL best still gets rimmed everywhere in Europe

Same with Yaya Toure EPL best getting sodomised by all and sundry

Are the same Yaya and Fernandinho not protecting him when he gets to EUrope and he's turned into the continental LovePeddler?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
raumdeuter:
Kompany despite making it as EPL best still gets rimmed everywhere in Europe

Same with Yaya Toure EPL best getting sodomised by all and sundry

Are the same Yaya and Fernandinho not protecting him when he gets to EUrope and he's turned into the continental LovePeddler?

you are defeating your own logic here....
if kompany is the best, he won't be södomised in europe. cahill is above him & he ate all your strikers at allianz arena in 2012 final as proof.

bayern had 40+ goal attempts on the night - they had only one goal to show for it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:

why wasn't he nominated in 12/13?

Would he be in top form every season? Not forgetting he had many injuries that season Mention one defender who was nominated every season

Bottom line EPL top players like Kompany, Toure etc get rimmed for fun in Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:

you are defeating your own logic here....
if kompany is the best, he won't be södomised in europe. cahill is above him & he ate all your strikers at allianz arena in 2012 final as proof.

bayern had 40+ goal attempts on the night - they had only one goal to show for it.

Because EPL best aint shit anywhere in Europe.

WHen was the last time an EPL player made it to Europe shortlist of best players in Monaco?

You just threw logic out of the window, If Bayern strikers had 40+ goal attempt and one goal then its due toBayern strikers poor marksmanship or Cechs extraordinary effort

If Cahill did half a decent job they wont be taking shots at his goal every 3 mins like you opined
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
raumdeuter:
Would he be in top form every season? Not forgetting he had many injuries that season Mention one defender who was nominated every season

terry 03/04, 04/05, 05/06
vidic 06/07, 07/08, 08/09
rio 06/07, 07,08, 08/09

kompany never won it 3 times consecutively so how is he the best defender in the league. the aforementioned players have won in europe & show themselves to be quality. kompany has none of that - so what's your claim?

Bottom line EPL top players like Kompany, Toure etc get rimmed for fun in Europe

and yet the almighty bayern couldn't break the defence the combo of luiz & cahill on their home soil.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
raumdeuter:
Because EPL best aint shit anywhere in Europe. WHen was the last time an EPL player made it to Europe shortlist of best players in Monaco?

what has that gotta do with anything? more english clubs have won in europe than any other league. that's their quality. chelsea cannot buy aguero from city like bayern stole lewandowski from dortmund.

You just threw logic out of the window, If Bayern strikers had 40+ goal attempt and one goal then its due toBayern strikers poor marksmanship or Cechs extraordinary effort

it's only because you are a fool that you can deduce the above. bayern had 43 shots & cech made only 7 saves. more than half of those shots were blocked. so was cech the one making the block or bayern munich suddenly became west brom that cannot finish a scoring chance?

If Cahill did half a decent job they wont be taking shots at his goal every 3 mins like you opined

so na cahill go stop shots taken outside the box? your football knowledge is in the pits.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
How was Cahill doing his job when Robben Gomez and Ribery couldn't hit shots on target or when they couldn't even score from a penalty?

The job of a defender is to reduce the number of shots taken at his goal yet Cahill was watching while the opponent were making his box their playground.
No wonder Cahill isn't even considered for the team of the season. Never mind calamity Koscielny
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
English league have won it more. In what year?

In the last 5 CL finals we've had 10 teams competing the finals. Italian 1, An English team twice. While Spanish have had 3. Germany had 4
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
raumdeuter: How was Cahill doing his job when Robben Gomez and Ribery couldn't hit shots on target or when they couldn't even score from a penalty?

you are a fool - 22 shots were blocked by the chelsea defence marshalled by cahill. only 7 of the 43 shots attempted got to cech, that proves cahill outfoxed your entire attack.

numbers don't lie.....
gomez, ribery & robben couldn't hit targets like they normally do cos they were never allowed time to measure their shots before taking them. they were put under immense pressure.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1744683_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

all the small white arrows you see are cahill in action - snuffing out your attack before it got near petr cech. that's world class defending. 43 attempts & only 1 goal? bayern are a useless outfit!

The job of a defender is to reduce the number of shots taken at his goal yet Cahill was watching while the opponent were making his box their playground.
No wonder Cahill isn't even considered for the team of the season. Never mind calamity Koscielny

you are starting to talk like a fool - no defender can stop shots - the midfield does such jobs. a striker can take shots from 20 yards in front of the defence - how are the defenders meant to stop that? are you a camel?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:
what has that gotta do with anything? more english
clubs have won in europe than any other league.
that's their quality. chelsea cannot buy aguero from city like bayern stole lewandowski from dortmund.

Now this is funny grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
DK and this his anti-EPL trolling.
Criticizing EPL defenders when good defending has been banned in the Burnthisleaguedown for years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Assuming you are watching football match at a viewing centre, Chelsea vs Man U. A guy just walked in and sat next toyou and the following conversation ensue.

D guy: Bros how fa? Na match them dey play?

You: Yes nau. Shebi na im u dey watch.

D guy: Ok. Abeg who dey play?

You: Na im be dat na. Chelsea vs Man U.

D guy: oh ok. Abeg who wear blue?

You: Na chelsea wear blue.

D guy: owk who com wear red?

You: oooh c am nau, na man u.

D guy: owk no vex. Ehm bros na 1st half abi second half.

You: chai guy na wa 4 u o. Na 1st half nau. C am, na 20 minutes bros.

D guy: oh ok. Bros abeg wetin be scores?

You: come guy. Na 0-0 na. shebi na im we dey watch.

D guy: oh oh oh ok 0-0. . Abeg who cum get zero?

cheesy cheesy cheesy angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
afrodoc2:

DK and this his anti-EPL trolling.
Criticizing EPL defenders when good defending has been banned in the Burnthisleaguedown for years.

the guy just talks nonsense -
this is why this whole collective sharing of the TV deal hurts united the more. imagine if we had £180m awoof every season to buy olayers, a bayern fan won't have the gall to say rubbish at premier league clubs.

all the best players in the world would be in the top 4 clubs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) ... (14137) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.