Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1096) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8660036 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) ... (14137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

•ronaldo
•messi
•bale
•james rodriguez
•neymar
•suarez
•robben
•iniesta
•di maria
•diego costa

there are about 8 german players i didn't even mention. muller, goetze, reus, etc would get ahead of hazard in any world xi.
I'll swap Rodriguez with Hazard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
afrodoc2:

LOL very similar to mine

no chelsea fan can even argue it that di maria dey top 10. i even forgot cesc, aguero, zlatan, vidal, and another dozen players somewhere.

hazard won't get into top 30.

SIRcumalot:

jokes!
when hazard wins a golden boot in a world cup with an average side like columbia, you should submit hazard's name then. i won't even put di maria before rodriguez....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
larride:
@ Dadehmola, Hazard does not even come close as CR7 replacement, we re talking about someone that average 40 goals per season in all competition and you re mentioning Hazard, Hazard has potentials and quick feet but he can never replace a goal machine like CR7.

Lool.

You are funny oo. Do you think the world will see players like Ronaldo or messi in the next 5 years atleast? The replacement for such players can never be like-for-like nau. I mentioned hazard because he is good enough to play for a team like Real Madrid .

If I may ask, your list of top five wingers in world football today - what does it look like?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

no chelsea fan can even argue it that di maria dey top 10. i even forgot cesc, aguero, zlatan, vidal, and another dozen players somewhere.

jokes!
when hazard wins a golden boot in a world cup with an average side like columbia, you should submit hazard's name then.

Reus definitely.....and possibly the other 2. Lahm most definitely.
if u add goal keepers then Neuer will be there.
Hazard has lots of potential but he is at present a top 30 player at best. He has to improve his overall play especially in midfield and depend less on running 1 v 1 situations
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Strong argument for[b] Top 10 ten best player in the world IMO[/b]

Of course he will make the list of the ten best players in his position

But top ten in the world!!..I don't think so!!.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dadehmola:

Lool.

You are funny oo. Do you think the world will see players like Ronaldo or messi in the next 5 years atleast? The replacement of such players can never be like-for-like nau. I mentioned hazard because he is good enough to play for a team like Real Madrid .

If I may ask, your list of top five wingers in world football today - what does it look like?

LOL.
The last time people were scoring like those two football was played with brown balls.
The last player i can recall that scored goals at such a rate was Gerd Muller and he retired before most of us here were born.........apart from alagba Elampiro grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dadehmola:

I have a strong feeling Madrid would be looking at him as a possible replacement for CR7

The best players in EPL always go to either barca or Madrid. Hazard and Costa will follow suit if they maintain their form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
afrodoc2:

Hazard has lots of potential but he is at present a top 30 player at best. He has to improve his overall play especially in midfield and depend less on running 1 v 1 situations

Per adventure Ronnie decides to leave Madrid today. If you were to replace Him with a winger, who would it be?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

•Messi
•Ronaldo
•bale
•james rodriguez
•neymar
•suarez
•robben
•iniesta
•di maria
•diego costa

there are about 8 german players i didn't even mention. muller, goetze, reus, etc would get ahead of hazard in any world xi.

Fixed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
afrodoc2:

if we add defenders & keepers, hazard wouldn't be in top 50.

ronaldo just scored again - what a header, what a cross from bale. i doubt we can ever see anyone like cristiano again. hes a machine. scoring is to ronaldo as breathing is to coogar.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
elampiro:
'

You are 100% wrong. Sterling never play the number 9. Suarez was the number 9, but they also sometimes played three-man forward with Suarez working more as the false 9 than Sturridge. We have dealt with this with before. I may have to search out the page to refer you back.

Why was Arsenal struggling when RVP was there? Have you thought of that? He just sat in their box and waited for others to work for him. He was just a striker like Benzema is for Madrid or as Nilstelrooy was for Man United. He didn't drop deep to create from the deep.

This is the greatest fallacy soccer has witnessed since it was introduced to planet earth. Where has Rooney played since he joined Man United that we won many trophies? He played dominantly as the second striker/attacking midfielder.

The videos I submitted yesterday, where was Rooney operating from? That was second striker or attacking midfielder. Did you see how much he took the ball single handedly from our half into the final third for those assists? How many attacking midfielders can do that? What we have nowadays are just lazy number 10 who midfielders work for, then they just pretend to throw some intelligent passes to up their stats in terms of chances created.

Tell me any one SS/number 10/AM who can score as many goals as Rooney, provide many assists and help out defensively while bursting forward 40 yards with a speeding run and dribbling? The reason Rooney has many goals from distance more than any EPL player in the last 5 years is the fact that he is the master in the acts of wiining midfield battles and creating from the deep. This was what made United thick until we abadoned speeding football and ruuning riots from the deep.
Am I to start teaching tactical formation too?
Last season, Liverpool deployed a 4-3-1-2 set-up which is a variant of 4-3-3.
In that 4-3-1-2 set-up, Sterling and Sturidge were deployed as inside forwards with Suarez in a withdrawn role behind them. All of them are still forwards and let me inform you, second strikers are also forwards and they are quite different from no 10, who are playmakers. Silva, Kagawa, Ozil e.t.c are what we call no 10.
Did you actually think Sterling and Sturidge played like an out and out wingers for liverpool last season? Infact, that formation is the exact formation Manutd has been deploying for the past 3 games now. I.e Rooney/Mata behind Falcao and Rvp.
As for Rvp, without him, Arsenal wouldn't have got into the top 4 because in the previous year, the likes of Fabregas, Nasri, adebayor e.t.c were sold off and these were Arsenal's top players. As a matter of fact, Rvp had 30 goals with 9 assists for Arsenal that year whereas Rooney only had 27 goals with 4 assists that same year. Even when SAF turned Rvp into an out and out striker, he still had like 8 assists in his first year for us.
It's quite obvious you know nothing, save for that Rooney delusion of yours and I'm still waiting for you to tell me the players that stepped out of Rvp's shadow the moment he left.
Like I said earlier, no 10s are quite different from second striker. That was the reason I told Coogar I don't know what Mata is turning into because he doesn't play like a no 10 does. Obviously, teams that deploy second strikers do not make use of no 10. In short, Second strikers are glorified false 9 strikers.
And I still maintain my stand on Rooney, his play is nothing like a SS and no amount of running around like a headless chicken will make him look like one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:
No mind Elamps.....Though he iz beta dan[b] young[/b]

Hardly any winger in europe's top leagues who aint better than that hunchback

Even some players in the backwater leagues will play better than he does.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dadehmola:

Per adventure Ronnie decides to leave Madrid today. If you were to replace Him with a winger who would it be?

Oh it could be Hazard,although i heard Real are sniffing around Sterling.
I agree no one looks likely to replace Ronaldo or Messi like for like cos what they are both doing is unheard off in the modern era.
I just meant Hazard is not top 10 in the world right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

jokes!
when hazard wins a golden boot in a world cup with an average side like columbia, you should submit hazard's name then. i won't even put di maria before rodriguez....
I didn't know you rate Rodriguez that high majority agree that Maria is better.
I never rank based on the WC but Juan Cuadrado was Colombia's best player Rodriguez just gets the Popularity vote.
Since we're naming achievements Hazard has the Ligue best player award where his rodriguez's ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
elampiro:

From day one he has never looked back. I thought they were rebuilding then- 2012/13.

Of course there's no past for him...the only way to move forward in his career.

He's in a well balanced team in a real sense of the word.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
Young is not that bad, maybe on the left wing tho but through the middle & right wing he's got good vision
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by cdamsel(f): 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:
I'll so wait
food is ready oya teleport here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
Shirley07:

Am I to start teaching tactical formation too?
Last season, Liverpool deployed a 4-3-1-2 set-up which is a variant of 4-3-3.
In that 4-3-1-2 set-up, Sterling and Sturidge were deployed as inside forwards with Suarez in a withdrawn role behind them. All of them are still forwards and let me inform you, second strikers are also forwards and they are quite different from no 10, who are playmakers. Silva, Kagawa, Ozil e.t.c are what we call no 10.
Did you actually think Sterling and Sturidge played like an out and out wingers for liverpool last season? Infact, that formation is the exact formation Manutd has been deploying for the past 3 games now. I.e Rooney/Mata behind Falcao and Rvp.
As for Rvp, without him, Arsenal wouldn't have got into the top 4 because in the previous year, the likes of Fabregas, Nasri, adebayor e.t.c were sold off and these were Arsenal's top players. As a matter of fact, Rvp had 30 goals with 9 assists for Arsenal that year whereas Rooney only had 27 goals with 4 assists that same year. Even when SAF turned Rvp into an out and out striker, he still had like 8 assists in his first year for us.
It's quite obvious you know nothing, save for that Rooney delusion of yours and I'm still waiting for you to tell me the players that stepped out of Rvp's shadow the moment he left.
Like I said earlier, no 10s are quite different from second striker. That was the reason I told Coogar I don't know what Mata is turning into because he doesn't play like a no 10 does. Obviously, teams that deploy second strikers do not make use of no 10. In short, Second strikers are glorified false 9 strikers.
And I still maintain my stand on Rooney, his play is nothing like a SS and no amount of running around like a headless chicken will make him look like one.

What evidence do you have to support your claim that Suarez was the creator behind Sterling and Sturridge? You are so wrong on this.
As the rest of the argument. I am no longer interested. Stale.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
SailorXY:

he was dancing around mostly feather-weight players, hardly a mean feat. the rate Arsenal were being bullied off the ball is a real shame. Wenger need to buy physically tough lads like Welbeck, i wonder why they didn't get Song back

Wenger has long lost it.

He's the oldest/most experienced coach in the league I.E in premier league matters since SAF retired in a blaze of glory yet he can't seem to grasp the basics!!!.

In my opinion he may be showing signs of dementia..take his meaningless brawl with mou today as a refrence point(very daft!)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

I didn't know you rate Rodriguez majority agree that Maria is better.
I never rank based on the WC but Juan Cuadrado was Colombia's best player Rodriguez just gets the Popularity vote.
Since we're naming achievements Hazard has the Ligue best player award where his rodriguez's ?

james rodriguez is a beast!
you need to see his technique & football brain - he is everything you need in a forward. i rate him so highly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
afrodoc2:

Fabregas and Costa in his team.
Di Maria at United
Silva and Aguero at City
Neymar,Messi and Suarez at Barca......and Iniesta
Bale,Ronaldo and James Rodriguez at Real
Zlatan
Robben
Ribery
Vidal.

Hazard is not in the top 10 or top 15, might sneak into top 20.......

You are so on point he would barely make top 15!

A guy who was so irrelevant during the world cup.

Mirallas was far better in all aspects.

The world has gone past the days of superfllous flicks and tricks...create chances if u can and score goals!!..enough goals!!.

Just look at cr7 that guy is a monster right now I still feel he hasn't reached his fullest potential.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
SailorXY:
Young is not that bad, maybe on the left wing tho but through the middle & right wing he's got good vision

Young is that bad

Good vision?..like seriously

Any stats to back up this claim?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

I wouldn't if I were you

Rodriguez is younger than hazard

Plays in a better team surrounded by world stars.

He will get better and believe me in a few years time that guy will WOW y'all.

Don't forget when cr7 was hazards age he already had the balon d'or and made the podium at least twice.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
mcfarlin:

Don't forget when cr7 was hazards age he already had the balon d'or and made the podium at least twice.

I say make una no dey use messi and Ronaldo as example seh - it's unfair!! angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
mcfarlin:

I wouldn't if I were you

chelsea fans forget that bit a lot.
at 22, only kaka was adjudged better than ronaldo in the world. at 23, ronaldo claimed his first ballon d'or........

hazard hasn't even won PFA player award in england yet. what's the comparison? i hope chelsea fans won't gas up hazard & turn him into another rooney. potential potential potential, now rooney is 29 & his fans still talk about his potential. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
afrodoc2:

Fabregas and Costa in his team.
Di Maria at United
Silva and Aguero at City
Neymar,Messi and Suarez at Barca......and Iniesta
Bale,Ronaldo and James Rodriguez at Real
Zlatan
Robben
Ribery
Vidal.

Hazard is not in the top 10 or top 15, might sneak into top 20.......
On your list I'll swap Ribery for Hazard.
We're basing this on current form
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

i think you are basing this on today's match wink wink wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
SailorXY:

one-legged ribery is better than hazard - either in-form or off-form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

chelsea fans forget that bit a lot.
at 22, only kaka was adjudged better than ronaldo in the world. at 23, ronaldo claimed his first ballon d'or........

hazard hasn't even won PFA player award in england yet. what's the comparison? i hope chelsea fans won't gas up hazard & turn him into another rooney. potential potential potential, now rooney is 29 & his fans still talk about his potential. grin

I've stopped arguing with those arrogant chelshit fans.

They need to wake up and smell the coffee

IMO hazard may never be named as the worlds best player in his career.

how many assists does he give??

At hazards present age cr7 already scored 40+ goals in a season.

Hazard can't even score 20

Yet some people will say he is the best choice in replacing cr7 at madrid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Even Dayokanu won't dare say the Frenchman is better than hazard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
mcfarlin:

I wouldn't if I were you

Robben was sold when Ronaldo was coming their was no Uproar
Remember the shit Perez got for buying James and selling Maria ?
Hazard is Chelsea's golden boy, last season he was their best player.
James is the 5th most important player in the Madrid.
Was the 3rd best Player in monaco.
TBH I don't think James is better than Isco.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
SailorXY:

U would think that but no am not
Am a little surprise most people don't share this view.
I thought it was a popular opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) ... (14137) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: akwesenana, fox97(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.